In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GUNOWNERS THAT VOTE ??? HA ! Gimmee a break!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    thank you TR for the kind words. Sorry for my absence of late. Have become very busy. Here's why, full time construction worker, stepping up aviation education to 4 evenings a week, volunteering every weekend for the last two months building Rocky Mountain Gun Owners a new office/hq, and, deer/archery season opened. WHEW! Busy busy. I am also considering a run for state rep., but locally, the vast majority are liberals. Don't know if I would have much of a shot. We will see. Anyway, this is a great group here, and I'm sure I haven't been missed too much. What has become of Ronnie? Went to his thread, "confiscation", but he hadn't replied in awhile. Keep up the "good fight" everybody. It ain't over yet.
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    glad to see you back......L.H.
  • Options
    spectre7spectre7 Member Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alot of different opinions here; some I agree with and some I do not; the one common thread is that everyone realizes things are very wrong in our leadership and that there are likely nasty times on the horizion.

At one point I thought it was simply an inevitability that there would be doomsayers to verbally eviscerate any given institution especially one such as the federal government, but now I understand to an extent the silently mumbled addition of a dear friend shortly after the Patriot Act was announced, "Why did the last plane have to miss?".

Typos and profanity, oh my! http://www.funky-town.org
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm telling you guys, the majority of us will have to have our backs to the wall, and then things will happen. Watch the Sozialist Insekurity problem closely, because when it fails, the ball drops.

Death to Tyrants!!! Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    jpwolf: ronnie is in an OKLA federal prison for about 5 years withh no chance for parole. He was moved several hundreds of miles from his home, family and friends and supporters. The most recent info I received (this week 10-20-03) for Sissymarie (who used to be co-owner with ronnie) was that (these are my words, not hers) she and ronnie kind of drifted apart and did not keep in close contact with each other. For whatever reason the feds (ATF, etc) had been watching ronnie (their words not hers or mine) and appraently saw a way to skew ronnies gun store sitation to actually turn ronnie into a criminal. The way they did this was that since ronnie had no license of his own yet, he had been dealing on sissymarie's FFL license for quite a while which was legal because sissymarie was part owner of the gun store. But an ATF agent came to see Sissymarie and asked if she still needed or wanted her FFL license. She did not want it and she assumed that by now ronnie had his license so she signed the paperwork stating she gave up her license. Now here is the crooked part. The ATF agent had her BACKDATE the date she gave up her l icense and then the ATF went after ronnie for selling guns after that backdated time. Plus there was an illegal gun somehow delivered to ronnie's store and that became one of the charges. Now I know one or more people on this forum who seemed very sincere and knowledgeable have posted that ronnie was just an out and out criminal and they gave a lot of detailed information to back their claim. But sissymarie also has a lot of hard facts and I don't see what she would have to gain by lying about it since she is not in any trouble and not even married or related to ronnie.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Things sure have gotten dull in "gunrights" with out him. I think he would be depressed. C'mon guys. Don't stop the discussions. I've had to resort to general discussion, whew have I ruffled a few feathers over there.
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Things sure have gotten dull in "gunrights" with out him. I think he would be depressed. C'mon guys. Don't stop the discussions. I've had to resort to general discussion, whew have I ruffled a few feathers over there.

Yup you have bro. But its good for em![;)][:D]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    don't feel bad wolf, I truly think some of those people on general discussion actually hate me .

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, a blast from the past. How I have changed! Salzo and longhunter* (*from another thread I was reading) were right all along, Gunny is awol but I believe he still reads (man I miss him!) and poor Ronnie died in prison, devoured by the beast.[V]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,416 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Wow, yeah! There are names I remember from my young-un days here!
    RIP Ronnie.