In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No Law Prohibiting or Abridging, Shall Not Infring

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Thanks again Shane for proofing my point even further. Reality don't care what you base your 'idealistic' believe on. Idealism is idealism regardless what it is based on. You think your believes are 'special' because you base it on a government document!

Wrong. I do not for one second believe my rights come from the government. A lot of folks do, but that type of mentality is pure poison.

If this were a perfect world idealism would prevail over reality, BUT THIS IS NOT A PERFECT WORLD, even though you can't or won't except this fact!!! Denial does not change reality!

You are exactly right. Folks can deny the true meaning of the RTKBA, but it in no way changes the reality that the RTKBA is a right free from intrusion, infringement, mandates, and regulation.

Let me ask you a question, Jim, specifically relating to this 'reality' you speak of.

If one chooses to carry a weapon as he wishes without begging permission to do so by some entity, is that reality?

If one chooses to own whatever arms he chooses, including those which expel more than one round with a single pull of the trigger, without begging permission to do so, is that reality?

I submit to you that it is.

If your point is that people have to make choices as a part of reality you are not telling me anything I don't already know. But to deny the result of those choices is denying reality. Which is what your are doing. Will you ever realize your 'ideal' believes in the real world???? NO YOU WILL NOT, why can't you stop denying this and admit the truth?????
    You have the right to be idealistic but this rigid closemindedness will accomplish nothing but frustration with reality!
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have the right to be idealistic but this rigid closemindedness will accomplish nothing but frustration with reality!

Oh well. Like the song says, 'You go your way, and I'll go mine."

Believe whatever you wish concerning the Constitution, the BOR, or what you believe to be reality.

I'll stick with the rigidity of my closed-minded ideals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I already knew that Shane, that is the definition of close minded!!![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

So be it. It is what it is, it is what I believe, and I am not changing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

So be it. It is what it is, it is what I believe, and I am not changing.

I guess you know you and I are the idealistically the same? I dearly WISH things were just as they are stated in the Constitution!!
    The only difference is I know that the human animal has screwed up everything it has touched, and this is no different. As long as we humans are involved it will never be applied as it is written no matter how much a FEW demand it.
    As Bret as said. The fact we refuse to change here is not the point. We, by discussing this, give others who happen in something to think about. And you and I have done a good job at that!!![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess you know you and I are the idealistically the same? I dearly WISH things were just as they are stated in the Constitution!!

lol-045.gif
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

Thanks again Shane for proofing my point even further. Reality I don't care what you base your 'idealistic' believe on. Idealism is idealism regardless what it is based on. You think your believes are 'special' because you base it on a government document! If this were a perfect world idealism would prevail over reality, BUT THIS IS NOT A PERFECT WORLD, even though you can't or won't except this fact!!! Denial does not change reality!

There Jim, now it reflects the facts of your beliefs!

Shane, uncompromising men are admirable, principled men. 1st pic in my sig....

The 2nd is a matter of principle to those who understand it.

To compromisers, it is obviouly only a matter of style.
  • Options
    edited November -1

[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf

Thanks again Shane for proofing my point even further. Reality I don't care what you base your 'idealistic' believe on. Idealism is idealism regardless what it is based on. You think your believes are 'special' because you base it on a government document! If this were a perfect world idealism would prevail over reality, BUT THIS IS NOT A PERFECT WORLD, even though you can't or won't except this fact!!! Denial does not change reality!

There Jim, now it reflects the facts of your beliefs!

To compromisers, it is obviouly only a matter of style.

No it don't and all of your feeble attempts to try and change my posts will not change the reality of the world we live in.
    The mind set you have is no different than the mind set the terrorists have. It's their way or not at all. They kill those who disagree, but you just TRY to insult and discredit those who don't agree with you. Fundamentalism/extremism is the same mind set regardless of why or what you believe in!!![V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I start from the reality of a Constitution and BOR backing me up. See the difference? Stupid question, huh? Of course you don't. And my correction to your post was 100% spot on "Jim Rau reality"! To say otherwise simply demonstrates pure denial.

I will stick it out over here with the CA's demanding my God given rights, laid out in the BOR <---reality, it really exists

Please tell me where in the Constitution/BOR it says we must compromise God given rights? I just don't see it. All I see is a document that says what I and others, repeat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If the Constitution and BOR were reality we would not be having this conversation. Wake up and join the rest of us!!! The politicians have gutted the Constitution and the BOR, this is the 'reality'. Your wishful thinking and demands will not change the reality of this world. You are lost and gone forever if you don't stop your nonsense and the join the fight!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If the Constutition and BOR were reality we would not be having this conversation. Wake up and join the rest of us!!! The politions have gutted the Constitution and the BOR, this is the 'reality'. Your wishful thinking and demands will not change the reality of this world. You are lost and gone forever if you don't stop your nonsence and the join the fight!!!

It is your belief system that has allowed them their, and your, illusion. Reality is those documents friggin' exist, and are the law of the land! Enforcement is the problem. People like you who believe the illusion that we have no ability to enforce them are the problem!

You don't even know what a real fight is! Paying some lobby, and emailing your CONgressjerk, are NOT a fight! That's begging, and they only even send you a form letter, at their pleasure. Wake the "F" up!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wake the "F" up!

I could not have said it better myself.

Jim, I wish to respond to a statement you posted earlier. I do not know how I managed to miss it, but miss it I did. I posted:

If one chooses to carry a weapon as he wishes without begging permission to do so by some entity, is that reality?

If one chooses to own whatever arms he chooses, including those which expel more than one round with a single pull of the trigger, without begging permission to do so, is that reality?

I submit to you that it is.

And you responded with:

If your point is that people have to make choices as a part of reality you are not telling me anything I don't already know. But to deny the result of those choices is denying reality. Which is what your are doing.

Jim,

If one chooses to do what I mentioned, and exercise their RTKBA as the Founders intended, they do so knowing full well the consequences of their actions. At no time have I denied those choices may carry with them repercussions. However, there are times when a man has got to do what a man has got to do. For example:

The brave souls who Founded this Republic were well aware of the inherent danger(s) of their actions. They realized if victory was not achieved in our war for independence, they would, in all probability, be rewarded with a one way trip to the gallows, as would their countrymen.

They chose to fight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    If the Constutition and BOR were reality we would not be having this conversation. Wake up and join the rest of us!!! The politions have gutted the Constitution and the BOR, this is the 'reality'. Your wishful thinking and demands will not change the reality of this world. You are lost and gone forever if you don't stop your nonsence and the join the fight!!!

It is your belief system that has allowed them their, and your, illusion. Reality is those documents friggin' exist, and are the law of the land! Enforcement is the problem. People like you who believe the illusion that we have no ability to enforce them are the problem!

You don't even know what a real fight is! Paying some lobby, and emailing your CONgressjerk, are NOT a fight! That's begging, and they only even send you a form letter, at their pleasure. Wake the "F" up!

Once again you are TOTALY wrong. I have fought EVERY law on the books which has been passed since the mess in 1968! All you and yours do is bad mouth people you know nothing about just because they don't high five you and slap you on the back and tell you how great you and your idealistic believes are. This is a total waste of time and accomplishes nothing but making you guys think you are 'so special' which you are not. You are truly clueless!! It is the likes of you who have helped the other side to get what they want more than any other sub group of gun owners.
    You strut around acting 'holier than thou' DEMADING things which are not possible and insult and attack everyone who don't bow down and kiss your feet. Total elitist fanatics. You give the true supporters of the RTKABAS a * eye and refuse to listen to those who have been down the road you are on.
    This prejudice close mined BS will only hurt everyone, including you and those who go down this path!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK. If a pissing contest is what you wish for, then a pissing contest you shall have.

Once again you are TOTALY wrong. I have fought EVERY law on the books which has been passed since the mess in 1968! All you and yours do is bad mouth people you know nothing about just because they don't high five you and slap you on the back and tell you how great you and your idealistic believes are.

I don't expect high-fives, back-slaps, or ego-feeding compliments, and if that is what you believe we are on here for, then you, sir, have missed movement. It is not a grab-* orgy, but an attempt to educate folks that have swallowed the poison pill of compromise.

This is a total waste of time and accomplishes nothing

Jim,

The same was probably said to the Founders by a good number of the colonists in 1776. Thankfully, they paid it no mind.

but making you guys think you are 'so special' which you are not.

I've read no post from any of us stating that we are 'special'. Just trying to advance the cause of liberty, but it is difficult at times when you are hindered by those who have not the backbone for the truth and make compromise a way of life.[:(!][:(!][:(!]

You are truly clueless!! It is the likes of you who have helped the other side to get what they want more than any other sub group of gun owners.

You assessment is inaccurate. It is the likes of those who refuse to take the RTKBA for what it is that helps the other side.

You strut around acting 'holier than thou' DEMANDING things which are not possible

DAMMIT; the glass is always half-empty with you, isn't it?[:(!]

and insult and attack everyone who don't bow down and kiss your feet.

No insults or attacks, just a simple statement of the absolute truth. Now, if your unwillingness to accept that truth is a source of tension for you, so be it; but do not blame me for it. I have quite willingly accepted the truth, and am perfectly content and comfortable with exactly what it means.

Total elitist fanatics. You give the true supporters of the RTKABAS a * eye and refuse to listen to those who have been down the road you are on.

Hold on Jim; there's a distinct difference. While I agree that many have been on this road, including yourself, most choose to take the path of least resistance when the smooth pavement turns to rough gravel.

This prejudice close mined BS will only hurt everyone, including you and those who go down this path!

Hard times call for hard folks; folks that are willing to go through hell or high water with their integrity intact.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Jim Rau ;
    Please continue to amuse yourself with your endless attacks on the Second Amendment.

While it appears, on the surface, that you are attacking the Canary * , the REALITY of the situation is;
    Bluntly ;
    You are belittling, smearing, and ridiculing the Founders and the provision they put into place to restrain government.

It has been put into words over and over and over ; You, as does fox, merely ignore what you do not want to hear.

We here UNDERSTAND....fully ..where we are as a Nation, and the encroachment of our Rights.
    Far more then you. The REALITY of the situation is ..we are moving rapidly towards tyranny.
    People like you are greasing the skidways. You do not have the courage to take a stand defending the plain, simple meaning of the Second...all you have the stomach for is the watered down, New American version.

Rave, Rant, accuse us of being terrorists...so be it. Your kind lined up to shoot the Minutemen, in that day... I have no doubt history will repeat itself. For awhile, it looked like we might have achieved an uneasy peace.

You call me a terrorist, I tell you, Jim Rau, to kiss ******

My edit
    That is enough.