In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To Highball, Freemind and the like........

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
I am fairly new to this forum. I am a college educated person and run several companies. I have been a gun owner/advocate my entire life but over the last few weeks have really gotten into this "gun rights movement". I am still trying to evaluate and understand your stance in the intricate situation of our second amendment. Your views seem very hard stance and stubborn, but I am always open to learning other ways.

It appears to me that you think the NRA and other groups are useless money gathering organizations. I am sure there are many ways to defend our gun rights. I have personally written and called my politicians to voice my word in addition to being a member of the NRA and GOA. I preach to all I know about the grave threat our government is to our freedom.

In easy understanding term, please give me your views, and how you would go about preserving our second amendment rights.
Thank you,
Pete
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=239760 This may be the begining of where to start. At least for my feelings. If you think I am stubborn, I say I am unwilling to waiver my rights. I will not comprimise to keep ALL that is mine. Would you?

If you read history, then you allready KNOW what it takes to preserve life. Thomas Jefferson knew the tree of liberty would have to be watered with the blood of patriots to keep the tree alive. If you dont care for liberties (especially yours) who will? How many rich business men look out for those beneath them? Do they look at their own interests first or yours? These organizations ARE a business. While they may have a "mision" that does not mean they won't waiver from their objectives from time to time.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Point one;
    The Founders, after winning and taking the country away from the King, were determined to never again allow despotism free reign.

They instituted a radical approach...trust the people with arms...UNFETTERED by government intervention. Government intervention in the free trade, use, possession, and invention of is a DIRECT CONTRAVENING of what the Founders intended.

Point two;
    20,000 ++++ gunlaws in this country means we have failed to maintain liberty...we already are slaves to the Elites.

Point three;
    There is little use attempting to prevent futher lose of gun rights...or any other. We ALREADY are totally dominated by 'authority'.

While you fight to prevent or water down the next round of intrusive legislation...they have slipped in another dozen laws in the dead of night that tranfers power from citizens, to THEM...and we the citizens were intended to ALWAYS be the power in America.

Point five;
    The last, best, and I think, ONLY hope...is to withdraw from a corrupted, broken political process..to stop crawling on our bellies to sleezy litle men, begging them to "Please obey the Constitution"...ad allow them their head to do as they wish.
    I belive that without grassroots pressure, within 5 years there would be a total or nearly total ban on firearms.

Given a ban....NO AMERICAN CITIZEN would obey. Oh...ya..lots of people will line up to turn in guns...just no Americans. See..being an American means more then being born in this country.....

At that time..we would see if there are indeed the 3% that I postulate exists..the 3% that picked up arms and hurried to repel the British...or tyranny.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Pharmaceutical research has developed many drugs that some of us would have died had we not had those medicines available. Those companies do not have perfect performance in what they do, some of their medicines are later to be found to do more harm than good or are just plain worthless. And some of their medicines seem to cost an awful lot of money. And in some cases, your illness would have gone away even with no treatment, yet you were probably afraid to take that chance. And you might have even cured yourself or have avoided getting ill by having excerised, watched your diet, used herbal medicines, etc. Yet this system of drug research and the resulting life-saving treatments is probably the best system that can be had in this world.

So it is with our government. While imperfect, I don't see better offered anywhere in this world. So rather than trash our government/country and have to rebuild from scratch (not knowing for sure if we could rebuild even as good or better than what we have just trashed) in my mind it is better to work within the system and change it to our liking.

In regards to gun rights that means doing what we can on a personal basis as well as supporting each and every pro-gun organization that we have even 50% faith in. I say 50% faith because, just as with the pharmaceutical companies, none of our pro-gun organizations are perfect. In addition there are damn few such organizations that are able to become and stay up and running.

If there were not organizations working to take away our gun rights, we gunners would not need to waste our money, time and resources organizing ourselves in order to fight those anti-gun organizations.

JMHO
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nyforester, you remind me of a fellow that was here about a year and a half ago, named Comengetit. He was a good guy, but I guess he lost interest because he hasn't posted for a year or so now.

Every so often we get someone that "realizes" what is going on. I showed up about 3 years ago. I hope you stick around. Too many people post for a few months and then disappear. Such is human nature for many, I suppose.

Listen to Highball and TR Fox. At times they seem like polar opposites, but in my opinion they are the yin and yang of this forum. I think they provide the perfect balance and tone for this forum. I have had some of the most intriguing and meaningful discussion of my life on this forum. I have never met a single person from this forum in real life, but I feel like I would welcome almost any of you into my home... and a few of you I feel like I would be willing to share a foxhole with.

Here's to Highball's Dirty Half-Dozen (or more)[;)]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To me it's pretty simple.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

20,000+ gun laws, and all of them illegal (unconstitutional).

Congress has the same authority to pass gun control legislation as they have to say you must convert to Islam.

Congress doesn't even claim authority under the Second Amendment to control firearms. They claim their authority is from the interstate commerce clause. A bit of a stretch in my opinion.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I was going to add my input but Highball, WW and TRFox bout covered it for me. Welcome to the freedom forum.[:)]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Point one;
    The Founders, after winning and taking the country away from the King, were determined to never again allow despotism free reign.

They instituted a radical approach...trust the people with arms...UNFETTERED by government intervention. Government intervention in the free trade, use, possession, and invention of is a DIRECT CONTRAVENING of what the Founders intended.

Point two;
    20,000 ++++ gunlaws in this country means we have failed to maintain liberty...we already are slaves to the Elites.

Point three;
    There is little use attempting to prevent futher lose of gun rights...or any other. We ALREADY are totally dominated by 'authority'.

While you fight to prevent or water down the next round of intrusive legislation...they have slipped in another dozen laws in the dead of night that tranfers power from citizens, to THEM...and we the citizens were intended to ALWAYS be the power in America.

Point five;
    The last, best, and I think, ONLY hope...is to withdraw from a corrupted, broken political process..to stop crawling on our bellies to sleezy litle men, begging them to "Please obey the Constitution"...ad allow them their head to do as they wish.
    I belive that without grassroots pressure, within 5 years there would be a total or nearly total ban on firearms.

Given a ban....NO AMERICAN CITIZEN would obey. Oh...ya..lots of people will line up to turn in guns...just no Americans. See..being an American means more then being born in this country.....

At that time..we would see if there are indeed the 3% that I postulate exists..the 3% that picked up arms and hurried to repel the British...or tyranny.

Another thing our founding fathers did was to assure we settled our differences of opinion in a civil manner; its called the law. There are some number of people that have a different take on the 2nd; I don't agree that it gives any power to the State, but they do. You and I may not agree with them but there is a lawful way to get your side to win in the end.

Three percent may have fought in the Revoultionary War; but it took over 50% of the populace to risk it all to support them while they fought. They got that number by persuasion not insulting them.

As far as point five; Please expand on it. I don't understand what you mean by "withdraw....Political process" What else is there?
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nyforester, I'm glad to see you hanging around the forum, and glad to see your number of posts getting so high so fast.

I am also glad that you listened to the advice of others in the forum and decided to join GOA.

But, as to my stance on 2nd Amendment issues, here goes.

1) The founding fathers realized that self-defense, among other things is an inherent HUMAN RIGHT, given at birth to the citizens by God. They didn't GIVE the people the right to have the means of self-defense, they merely stated that they recognized it, and wouldn't try to take it away.

2) Every law that is passed is nothing more than an infringement on the law abiding citizen's rights to defend themselves.

3) Compromising (a better word is appeasing) the gun kontrol crowd will always lead to failure. For example, in the 1920s, you could order a Thompson submachine gun through the Sears & Roebuck catalog. We had, more or less, complete firearm freedom. When the NRA president, and some of the other pro-gun people sold out to the anti-gun crowd, we got the NFA of 1934. That wasn't a compromise, because the pro-gun people didn't get anything they wanted. It was a dead loss. It's the same thing for people nowadays to say that we should "compromise" and limit the magazines to fifteen rounds instead of the 10 rounds the libs proposed. They call this a compromise because we get to keep the 15 round mags, instead of just the 10 round mags. I call this a loss because we aren't gaining anything back, and we are being limited to 15 round magazines when we should be able to have the 30+ round mags.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, about 30 % supported the fledgling freedom fighters.

Enough...

"The Law"..yes, indeed. It was the law that the Colonists turn in their powder, shot, and guns. They did not.

"What else is there"...??? Nothing, for most..the law being the final word on their life and death....Edicts from Elitists being the final say on ANY matter.
    The Constitution means nothing to most...after all, interpetation being the mother of subjucation...

What I desire is a total gun ban..instituted by the Elites not as the result of massive civil disobedience...merely as the nearly final step in their power-grab here in America.(The round-ups and re-programing camps being next)...
    Then the fence-sitters and the squishy 'pro-gun' people can decide if they are Americans...or Quislings.

I have made the decision for myself that debasing MYSELF by interacting with soulless, honorless empty little men is no longer in the cards..no more begging politicians for ANYTHING.

Those that W horship the 'Law'..instead of honoring the Constitution..will find themselves no longer welcome in the camps of Americans, some day in the future....
    You MUST understand that the POWER-MAD have thrown out the Constitution...THEY are the transgressors, here...NOT those demanding a return to sanity....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    trfox said"So it is with our government. While imperfect, I don't see better offered anywhere in this world. So rather than trash our government/country and have to rebuild from scratch (not knowing for sure if we could rebuild even as good or better than what we have just trashed) in my mind it is better to work within the system and change it to our liking."

Two things I cannot agree with:
    1)rebuilding from scratch... A revolution is not a destruction of all things, it is reitterating what allready existed. Bringing back the old my friend. I am calling for scrapping the bad, unconstitutional laws, not the constitution.
    2)Change the system to our liking? sonds like an eliteist IDEA. This is a republic,NOT a democacy.

While I respect you Fox, comprimise or even just plain loseing is not my idea of winning something that should not have to be fought in the first place. Has history taught us anything? Try as we may to avoid what must be done, avoiding the problem does NOT make it go away.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another reason for not going to war with ourselves (another civil war in America) is that during the process who is going to watch our back for us? If we weaken our defenses by physically fighting each other, unlike our civil and revoluntary war, armies can now move far and fast. It is quite possible that while we would be busy fighting other Americans, the Chinese, Mexico or a South America country would move in and take over. Or at least take over enough to where we were never able to make them leave.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The military has the choice.
    Stay out of internal strife and protect the borders...or turn their backs to the world and become traitors to America.

Their choice.....

The plain, unvarnished truth that is really ugly....people advocating gun control have turned their back on American values already. Whatever they have to say is irrelevent anymore....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WOW - This is an even more complicated issue than I ever thought before.

Freemind,
    I read the entire topic and I still have no clue what your goals and objectives are. You are tired of the government control but what are you doing about it ?

Highball
    I am blown away. You just want to wait like a fox for the rabbit to run by, and then pounce on it. Just remember, the rabbit has big fangs and claws.

DS
    I understand where we have been and where we are heading. The fact of the matter is, we are getting taken advantage of and loosing. What can we do now in addition the lobby groups ?

So who is holding the best poker hand, the people or the government ? Do you think our government is afraid of us ?

What is the best path at this time, wait to see what the government does, then react ?
    If so, then they already have the upper hand.

Are you saying the people need to start a militia? The government will squash the people before they get very far.

Why not support the NRA ?
    Are you all afraid it will slow the inevitable and you want to see the inevitable in your life time ?

I like everything I have read so far because discussion spurs the mind to other avenues and motivates people to act not idle !

Pete
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, about 30 % supported the fledgling freedom fighters.

Enough...

"The Law"..yes, indeed. It was the law that the Colonists turn in their powder, shot, and guns. They did not.

"What else is there"...??? Nothing, for most..the law being the final word on their life and death....Edicts from Elitists being the final say on ANY matter.
    The Constitution means nothing to most...after all, interpetation being the mother of subjucation...

What I desire is a total gun ban..instituted by the Elites not as the result of massive civil disobedience...merely as the nearly final step in their power-grab here in America.(The round-ups and re-programing camps being next)...
    Then the fence-sitters and the squishy 'pro-gun' people can decide if they are Americans...or Quislings.

I have made the decision for myself that debasing MYSELF by interacting with soulless, honorless empty little men is no longer in the cards..no more begging politicians for ANYTHING.

Those that W horship the 'Law'..instead of honoring the Constitution..will find themselves no longer welcome in the camps of Americans, some day in the future....
    You MUST understand that the POWER-MAD have thrown out the Constitution...THEY are the transgressors, here...NOT those demanding a return to sanity....

You'r comments remind me of the time in my life when the Turner Diaries seemed somewhat plausable.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bpost;
    Wouldn't surprise me a bit. Along with being anti-gun, racism is also a sign of a sick mind.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

Freemind,
    I read the entire topic and I still have no clue what your goals and objectives are. You are tired of the government control but what are you doing about it ?

I am not necessarily all for waiting for the total ban, yet I am not for unorganized stand-alone fights either. As for what I am doing:
    Waiting for a good game to appear. Waiting for a group of men that share my view and are willing to sit around a table and discuss issues and actions. I will not pay my dues to organizations that don't see the constitution as it was written and the context surrounding it.
    you said"So who is holding the best poker hand, the people or the government ? Do you think our government is afraid of us ?"

Neither one right now has advantage over the other. Neither side is too organized on their issues. The government really has no fear of us. do as they will, they are still in office. If there were other alternates to vote in those offices, maybe they would have some fear. Remember the laws only apply to whom "they" want it to apply to.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

DS
    I understand where we have been and where we are heading. The fact of the matter is, we are getting taken advantage of and loosing. What can we do now in addition the lobby groups ?

So who is holding the best poker hand, the people or the government ? Do you think our government is afraid of us ?

What is the best path at this time, wait to see what the government does, then react ?
    If so, then they already have the upper hand.

Are you saying the people need to start a militia? The government will squash the people before they get very far.

Why not support the NRA ?
    Are you all afraid it will slow the inevitable and you want to see the inevitable in your life time ?

I like everything I have read so far because discussion spurs the mind to other avenues and motivates people to act not idle !

Pete

I don't support the NRA because I don't want to support a group that actively supports certain gun kontrol laws.

That having been said, I support the GOA as an NRA substitute. Doing the job that the NRA SHOULD have been doing.

I am not advocating a war, or large grouped militias or the like. I would STRONGLY prefer to see the gun laws go the same way they came -being repealed one by one.

You are correct that no private militia could win a fair fight with the government. In the traditional sense, they would be isolated in one or more small areas, and the government, if truly at war, would bomb those areas.

If a war should come, it would be a gurella war, just like in Iraq. The Iraqis have a good chance of winning because they aren't held to the same rules as the army is. The army can't attack unless provoked, and by then it is often too late. So it could be, somebody anonymous firing a shot or two, and then attempting to disappear back into the crowds.

I still am working on overturning the laws, but not with an organization that has a long history of selling us out. You might say that my goal is what most gun owners think is the NRA's goal. Get back my rights without firing a shot. If only the NRA would be fighting for gun law rollbacks like the GOA, I would join them too.

As to who has the best poker hand.... Well, if they started doing Wacos and Ruby Ridges all over the place, and government sponsored genocide seemed inevitable, lots of armed people would definately have the best chance. They are in small groups, maybe as small as one or two, and can disappear into the crowd.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you all know that the United States Constitution is the longest running written constitution in WORLD HISTORY. If it has lasted this long, it must must be pretty good !

Freemind
    you wrote "Neither one right now has advantage over the other. Neither side is too organized on their issues. The government really has no fear of us."
    How can you say the government has no advantage over us ?

They have already taken gun rights from us that they feel we should not have.

Why ?

Probably so we can not defend ourselves from them. "We the People" is also the government, !

Therefore, they do fear us !

We outnumber them hundred folds.

I just think sitting there doing nothing but flapping lips makes you no better than the news media. You and I both know that there is no militia (many things would have to take place in order for this to even begin) organized to overthrow our government, and if they do knock on your door, you will either turn over your guns or die with them in your hands.

dsmith

You wrote "You might say that my goal is what most gun owners think is the NRA's goal. Get back my rights without firing a shot. If only the NRA would be fighting for gun law rollbacks like the GOA, I would join them too."

Why don't you start by pressuring them to fight for gun law rollbacks. I am going to email them right now.....Good point !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nyforester;
    Surely you do not believe that great Empires fall in a single day...or turn to tyranny overnight ?
    The very fact that the Constitution is such a glorious example of experimenting in human freedom...the sheer strength of that document REQUIRED that it take a hundred years to toss it out the window....

The Civil War was the turning point when the power shifted from the people and the states...to the federal government. The Income Tax finally funded the apparatus neccessary for the subjucation of a free people...and the Public School system furnished the dumbed-down subjects required for mind control.

From a world leader in EVERY catagory you would care to name...we have dropped to below third world status in many areas...and far down the list in most of the rest.
    This wasn't 'happenstance', or bad luck, or the rest of the world getting 'smarter'...it is a deliberate policy over a long period of time.
    Freedom is a real problem for the Elites..except for themselves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball

My quote from earlier

"You and I both know that there is no militia (many things would have to take place in order for this to even begin) organized to overthrow our government, and if they do knock on your door, you will either turn over your guns or die with them in your hands."

I do understand that it does not happen overnight. I am a patient person also, like you.

You quote "From a world leader in EVERY catagory you would care to name...we have dropped to below third world status in many areas...and far down the list in most of the rest.
    This wasn't 'happenstance', or bad luck, or the rest of the world getting 'smarter'...it is a deliberate policy over a long period of time.
    Freedom is a real problem for the Elites..except for themselves."

Are you trying to say that our government is commiting suicide and trying to self destruct, or are we just plain lazy and don't care about society ?
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    nyforester said"Are you trying to say that our government is commiting suicide and trying to self destruct, or are we just plain lazy and don't care about society ?"

IMO the latter is true. Most people are COMFORTABLE, hence too lazy to do much. Liberty dies a death of 20,000 small cuts because we loose a little (justify in the name of saftey)and grumble a tad, and move on instead of looking at the big picture.

In response "that I am just flapping my lips", you sir have no clue. I know what I a willing to do.You can take to personal attacks that are baseless (considering you don't know me), or you can listen to what I have to say. Either way, your freewill choice. Because of your claim of education from a institution, you think I am uneducated? You think the only way a person gets smart is paying for a piece of paper that says "so-and-so graduated from so-and-so" ? If you want me to take you as a "learned" person, treat me like a decent person as I do you. Treating others with respect is a lost art form here in America. While I may disagree with some things trfox says, I feel I treat him with respect. This debate is not about left or right, it is about freedom or tyranny.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nyforester;
    The Elites consider themselves untouchable...they will ride out the transformation and be Kings among men.
    How soon these really stupid people forget Poland...

The one thing that worries them is freemen..carrying arms.

You, friend, nor I, are the government in America anymore. The political leaders and the Courts govern as they see fit.
    Proof ?
    Barbarians swarming the borders..aided and abeted by government officials, law enforcement, political leaders, presidents...while 70 % of the American citizens cry "Foul"...
    Remember the Panama Canal ? 85 % against, we the Citizens...given away...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind - I was not attacking your intelligence and I am sorry if I offended you. I am just trying to find out where people are coming from in regards to the Second Amendment. I feel to educate yourself, one needs to know everything about a subject. There are views and ideas I am unfamiliar with. I am not influenced by anyone but myself ! I am still trying to figure out where you stand on this issue. Perhaps it is none of my business.

Highball - I could not agree with you more. Our government allows Ted Kennedy to remain in office for some 25+ years. Don't tell me this crack pot has no effect on policy. He is highly influencial and dictates where large sums of money get distributed. He has roots that spread out far beyond the limits of Massechusetts.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The government does not allow a fat bloated pig like Ted Kennedy to remain in office,..........it is the moronic voters of the state of Massachusetts.
    Look at Strom Thurmond, he was sent back until he appeared to have had taxidermy performed on him. Not comparing his record with TK, but he was simply filling space in a seat for years due to his "voters".
    The average American voter is an imbecile, IMHO!
    Ted Kennedy SHOULD have spent many years in prison for murder, instead of being a career politician,......once again in my opinion.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    The government does not allow a fat bloated pig like Ted Kennedy to remain in office,..........it is the moronic voters of the state of Massachusetts.
    Look at Strom Thurmond, he was sent back until he appeared to have had taxidermy performed on him. Not comparing his record with TK, but he was simply filling space in a seat for years due to his "voters".
    Ted Kennedy SHOULD have spent many years in prison for murder, instead of being a career politician,......once again in my opinion.

Well said.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

There are two things I want to chime in on:
    1) Remember the elites don't get the same punishment (or career criminals for that matter) as us peon taxpayers. The reason as I see it is the people that should put them away are just as guilty of something to put them behind bars JUST as long.

2) While not being one to stick up for morons who vote, who better do we have to vote into office? I mean really, who in the last Presidential run would have been honest? When the voters only have a choice of the lesser of two evils, you can't expect the outcome to be good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind - I was not attacking your intelligence and I am sorry if I offended you. I am just trying to find out where people are coming from in regards to the Second Amendment. I feel to educate yourself, one needs to know everything about a subject. There are views and ideas I am unfamiliar with. I am not influenced by anyone but myself ! I am still trying to figure out where you stand on this issue. Perhaps it is none of my business.

I thought I was clear on how I see the constitution. Exactly what am I not being clear about? I guess in order to answer your question I need to know specifically what you don't understand about my stance.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I almost forgot to address this issue.The Militia is allready started. It was formed in the days even before the constitution was ratified. WE are the militia. Granted a NEGLECTED one, but we are the militia. WE need to organize for (at a minimum) training. We need to organize to discuss topics of today and yesteryear. I, at one time, wanted to join the Michigan Militia. I don't KNOW anyone in it, but I got on their website. I put in my request to train, meet, ect. because I wanted to be with more of the like minded. Forget that I guess. WE need groups in every state/county/township that at the VERY least get together and discuss issues. WE DON'T need another organization that wants people's money for dues.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "WE are the militia. Granted a NEGLECTED one, but we are the militia."

Thank you Freemind. I just need a kick in the head sometimes.
    I have to thank you for opening that door for me !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think that for purposes of domestic 'enemies', the age limits are meaningless...as is the 'males'..
    Generally, the statement I make to anti-gunners and doubting thomasses among us is...you ARE a Militia member...unless you are alien or belong to the Government.
    Shocks them, it does..but I generally do anyway...

TITLE 10 > Subtitle A > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > ? 311 Prev | Next

? 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
    (b) The classes of the militia are-
    (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    It is YOUR DUTY to defend all that is good and just. The founders of this nation knew that is what it would take for us to survive as a nation of strong independent people. Which is obviously contradictory to the teachings of today via, TV, Radio, Newspapers, etc.. Wait for the cops, Don't get involved etc..

bleen THAT

Do your part! Be an American! An American who doesn't sell out his neighbor! An American who is able and ready to defend what is right for ones self or another! BE ARMED, BE EDUCATED!!, BE ABLE, BE READY!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess I always assumed a "militia" is a trained group of fighting people that have a well thought out plan of attack.

Now I see that a militia is me, my family, my fiends and my neighbors.

I have always had my own personal strong beliefs of what I will do to protect me and my family to ensure life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

When push comes to shove, the king is dead.

I am seeing things in a totally new light lately.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind blew in here demanding immediate directions to the nearest revolution...or some such.[:D]
    Sounded a lot like me, a dozen years or so ago..rage is so unbecoming. Still...rage denotes that there still IS blood running in the veins of a FEW of the Founders children....

An older, wiser man set me down and and made me see it was not time yet...and that violence by we in the Right (Constitutionalists) could NOT start what is coming...that the Beast MUST break the final bonds tying it down..and become the full-flowered ravening beast it really is...

Well..the revolution is a ways off, yet....but the Militia, Sir ?
    The Militia is right where YOU live...assuming your head is out of your neither regions...just as Nyforester stated last post.

The Militia of America was disbanded after Okc...EVERY large group was infiltrated by the Beast...and many attempts were made to subvert those groups by the Beasts' men.

Some succeeded. EVERY National leader was turned, killed, or inprisoned....
    We have discovered, no ? That the Militia is YOU and a few many years trusted friends....
    Mind set is the important thing, here...the mind-set that the Beast will pay dearly when the move to Martial Law happens...or some such drastic attempt at total domination by force.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Just chiming in. Check the 'Would you fight' post here in GRCL.

It seems you are experiencing a revelation. This is a good thing. Always is when someone comes to the right side of an issue by way of comtemplation.

I feel that the NRA and GOA-in addition to others-are worth my paltry sums of money. I continue to write my lowly politicians on all levels. I have both time to write and financial means enough to send some.

Do I believe it helps-nope. Not a bit. I believe they are worth my support because they try. I will help them try.But when the day comes, and it will, that their (our) cause is truly lost, I will not entertain cries of compromise from those who do not deserve it. I will have tried the compromise. I will have attempted an intelligent discourse all the while knowing I will have to bring violence to those I speak with. I will have made the attempt so that I will perform my duty as an American patriot with a clear conscience that I was left no other choice.

I will not be told that I did not give things a chance. I give them a chance all the time. I will not ask if I did my part to prevent the inevitable. I do my part now. I will do my part-God willing in my lifetime- when called.

I go to the range. I meet with like minded gentlemen there. All veterans, like myself, baptised in fire for this great nation. We shoot, we speak, enjoying the company. We practice certain types of marksmanship, none knowing or aware that there is preparation in this entertainment. Just plinking you know. We are the militia. Greyer, a bit fatter, and much wiser, but on the line nonetheless.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1

being an immigrant myself... i don't even know where to begin, simply put: citizenship is so easily obtained, that Americans are becoming a rare disappearing species, especially along the "parenthesis" -- the coasts. obviously, it's not a single issue -- public schooling with its propaganda, universities, media, ignorance, indifference, utter disrespect for history and the Constitution... not to mention destruction of Christianity and morale, list goes on and on. (a side note: i don't believe there's a conspiracy, just how it's playing out, natural concurrence of events, i guess, leading up to what we have now). so, if you look around and talk to recent transplants from other places, the picture gets somewhat clearer -- direct influence of socialist atheist ideology which was conceived you all know where and imported here well over a hundred years ago, just took a while for people here to get accustomed to it. oh now i lost the train of thought, but i am sure this conversation will go on and only get louder :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Given that you (all)are in this country..Given that you (all) are actually TRYING to blend into America...know what the Constitution and Bill of Rights are...and embrace it..speak English...and leave your animal sacrificing and Socialist agendas back where you come from..you, buddy, are AMERICAN...more so then MOST of the garbage that calls America home.
    Part of that calls for the knowledge that the Second Amendment means what it SAYS...that it is the last bulwark against tyranny...and that the the government today is in full hue and cry to limit, restrict, and HAS deprived the American Citizen the free access to arms neccessary to carry out the Founders wishes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Given that you (all)are in this country..Given that you (all) are actually TRYING to blend into America...know what the Constitution and Bill of Rights are...and embrace it..speak English...and leave your animal sacrificing and Socialist agendas back where you come from..you, buddy, are AMERICAN...more so then MOST of the garbage that calls America home.
    Part of that calls for the knowledge that the Second Amendment means what it SAYS...that it is the last bulwark against tyranny...and that the the government today is in full hue and cry to limit, restrict, and HAS deprived the American Citizen the free access to arms neccessary to carry out the Founders wishes.

that is exactly what most of immigrants don't do. they don't accept anything American, except their income, they despise Americans, they think of themselves as something better, brighter, more productive than Americans. i will post more on the subject later, it's rather scary and disappointing.

just for the record, i don't (as well people of russian descent in my circle) view myself as anything else as American.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the term " American" MEANS something...by God it means the best in the world...and only a few deserve that title.
    The best and brightest from the WORLD immigrated here..and became Americans.
    The run-out, cowardly, dregs of humanity that decended from the Founders are only shadows of that former glory..afraid to resist the slimy corruption overtaking the land...afraid to speak out....afraid to demand justice...AFRAID !!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the term " American" MEANS something...by God it means the best in the world...and only a few deserve that title.
    The best and brightest from the WORLD immigrated here..and became Americans.

not recently i am afraid, not in the last few decades... it's a very very sad time for America. however, let's not bury it yet. We've got plenty of people who believe in the Republic, it's just a matter of time now for everything to boil over.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Of course, I speak in the past tense.

Most of what comes to America today are barbarians..people here to rape and pillage.
    Of course, most of what LIVES here lives to pillage...

I speak about the 3 %, when I talk about Americans...the 3 % that fought the Revolution...and perhaps another 25-30 % that will support those who have the nerve and guts to fight tyranny.