In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If your answer is "Yes" to fighting,...

2»

Comments

• Options
    RepomanRepoman Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodgeI will say that allowing one's self to become overweight and out of shape is as unpatriotic as sending the Brady campaign a check. Fat people are useless in the struggle that is coming, except as cannon fodder.
    I have to hope you are kidding. I am 6'2" and weigh 280 lbs - 50 pounds more than I weighed when I was in the 82nd. I am "overweight". But I also know how to live off the land. I was an Army Ranger for 18 months, a Pathfinder for a year and was in the 82nd for 3 years not to mention my time as grunt in Korea. I am a veteran of both Operation Just (be)Cause and Operation Desert Storm. I hike for a hobby and can still hump 20 miles a day with ~50 pounds. I am 45 years old and I know how to fight - both with tactical weapons and bare-handed.

You really need to get yourself a narrower brush before you start painting again. You may be able to outrun me but any militia group would benefit from my experience and capacity.

You just called me unpatriotic and I do not appreciate it.
  • Options
    sgmhsgmh Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eric55
    I never really got how the 2nd amendment is possible to play out as intended. lets say the worst happens if every gun owner in america owened an m16 we are still no match for appache gunship helicopters! so no matter how many guns you have or how in shape you are the state is always way stronger. please enlighten me this question has been on my mind a while
    If you just look at how much damage the ragg heads have done you can just think what trained people could do. I am not real sure the US Military will fight us. ('[:)]') SGM ('[:)]')
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never really got how the 2nd amendment is possible to play out as intended. lets say the worst happens if every gun owner in america owened an m16 we are still no match for appache gunship helicopters! so no matter how many guns you have or how in shape you are the state is always way stronger. please enlighten me this question has been on my mind a while

Many examples of major armies not being able to overcome a gurilla/militia forces. You think the British really expected to lose our war for independance? The Soviets were sure they would march into Afganistan and crush (I think it was still) the Taliban. In Vietnam, we had superior firepower but still could not "win". These are just recent history examples.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

It's not about M16s or AH-64s.

The biggest concern would not be the weapon in the man's hands, but what lies between his ears and what is in his heart.

IMO, an individual armed with a 30-30 lever action who is fighting for his liberty and that of his family's, represents a formidable opponent.

King George and Lord Cornwallis didn't think too much of the small group of rag-tag peasants they faced 200+ years ago either, yet they got their * handed to them because that small group yearned for liberty, and preferred to be dead free men than living slaves.
  • Options
    miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Belly and all and 54 but one dam good shot, I gun never asked hey bro can you pass the test. I have been shooting since I was 9 years old and can hunker down on a hill in a fox hole as good as the next guy.
    I'm not running 300 yards though but some one needs to keep and hold positions anyway.
    there's no such thing as to much ammo. If H.R. 2159 goes through will you be allowed to buy guns legally? Better wake up folks the Government is on its way to your door!