In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vote Here Please on Gun Laws/No Gun Laws

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Deadred707
    I know where my kid is trick-or-treating next year.[:D]
    Yeah, no kiddin'! Hey Hunter, you handin' out 357 rounds or complete 357 magnum firearms? No matter I'm still treating at your house next year![:D] Sounds like no TRICKIN' better go on though.[:o)]
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    I was going to wait awhile and let some of you convoluted thinking guys indict yourselves to a greater degree, but it is late, I getting tired and bored with you guys. So here is a DIRECT AND SPECIFIC question you will not like:

Regarding your own personal firearms, do you leave them loaded and unattended BOTH in your home and/or when out in public? Thereby making it possible for a child or deranged criminal to easily pickup your firearm and kill/injure someone (someone like you)?

I will give you all time to dig your own graves on this subject and then I will be back.

Here's a question right back at you.

tr fox:

Do you support the US Constitution 100%?

Now start diggin.

We're still waiting to be buried by you and then saved by Pickenup.[:)]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    You thought those eyeballs you see pokin' out from under the bed was the money you could be saving with Geico, but it's really Foxie.
  • Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WSFIREDUDE,

I couldn't say it better. What you learned was standard in my home growing up and around my three sons.

Well done and well said.

COB
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    You thought those eyeballs you see pokin' out from under the bed was the money you could be saving with Geico, but it's really Foxie.
    [:D][:D][:D]I can actually visualize it HPD. Spot-on, Brother.[:D]

Ol' Tr is the poster-boy for an ankle-biting, shivering rat.

Why he keeps subjecting himself to such exposure, in a continuing attempt to find 'someone', 'somewhere' who will 'somehow' agree with him and bolster his inner-feelings about his flawed views on individual liberty, is beyond me.

Desperation, bluster, 'duce1-esque' promises of a 'gotcha-moment' and a near complete lack of understanding of individual liberty and basic constitutional principles seems to define trfox.

He is a perfect representation of the NRA and its core-beliefs.
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    As an American I believe in strict adherence to the US Constitution, so I must vote "yes" or become a hypocrite.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    As an American I believe in strict adherence to the US Constitution, so I must vote "yes" or become a hypocrite.

I must admit I respect a short honest answer. Although if, with absolutely no gun laws, when kids stated buying guns out of vending machines I bet a whole lot of people here would find they didn't like that as much as they thought they would.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I must admit I respect a short honest answer. Although if, with absolutely no gun laws, when kids stated buying guns out of vending machines I bet a whole lot of people here would find they didn't like that as much as they thought they would.

Well, lets be honest. Your venfding machine idea is quite stupid. I mean, who is gonna carry around $1000 in quarters?
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Well, lets be honest. Your venfding machine idea is quite stupid. I mean, who is gonna carry around $1000 in quarters?

Now that is funny[:D]
  • Options
    justusnospamjustusnospam Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm curious to know, fox. Do YOU have children at home? Do YOU have loaded weapons in the home? DO you have ANY weapons at all? I don't know you except the few threads I've read here, but I wonder about you. ARE YOU for a free country? Or are you for more regulation than the constitution allowed for? Are YOU for a jackbooted gestapo coming into our homes to insure we are abiding by some left winger's law passed without the consent of the governed?

Quite frankly, given the direction and tone of your constant haranguing, I would definitely put you left of center. What say you?
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by justusnospam
    I'm curious to know, fox. Do YOU have children at home? Do YOU have loaded weapons in the home? DO you have ANY weapons at all? I don't know you except the few threads I've read here, but I wonder about you. ARE YOU for a free country? Or are you for more regulation than the constitution allowed for? Are YOU for a jackbooted gestapo coming into our homes to insure we are abiding by some left winger's law passed without the consent of the governed?

Quite frankly, given the direction and tone of your constant haranguing, I would definitely put you left of center. What say you?

The answer to your three questions is "Yes". And I don't have to be a "jack booted thug" to truthfully said that only an idiot would leave a loaded firearm laying around his or others homes where there are children. It is easy to understand that without even bringing up the consitution.
  • Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The answer to your three questions is "Yes". And I don't have to be a "jack booted thug" to truthfully said that only an idiot would leave a loaded firearm laying around his or others homes where there are children. It is easy to understand that without even bringing up the consitution.

So now if I understand it Fox, you're telling me my grandfather (a man who served law enforcement for over 40 years), my father (with years in the Army) and myself (retired from the military and with professional degrees and licenses) are all idiots because we keep loaded firearms in our own homes with children around and NOTHING happened during the last 50 years? Exactly where do you get off judging me or anyone else as that goes? Pray do tell, is that how you justify why there ought to be laws about guns because people YOU JUDGE as idiots don't live and teach the way YOU BELIEVE. The last time I checked, this was the land of the free - not the land of those judged according to a jack-booted thug. I challenge your belief and opinion. Give me credible reason based on fact to controvert my facts on hand to have ANY change of changing my conduct. No, I do not mean vague ambiguities or generalities. I mean FACT as it applies to people who teach responsibility, duty and honor. I mean fact as it applies to scientific logic with ability to recreate the same circumstance absent your opinion or presence.

This sir, I do not see in any of your posts.

My opinion is just as valid as any you offer.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to tr fox, I am an idiot as well.
    Guess I will have to answer for all those innocent people that were killed, because my CHILDREN grew up with loaded firearms laying around the house.

Oh wait, there were NO PEOPLE KILLED, guilty or innocent.
    Maybe I did something wrong?
    There should be dead bodies lying all over the place.
    Well, according to.......some.
  • Options
    justusnospamjustusnospam Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I, Sir, did not call you any names at all, much less a thug of any kind. Please reread my questions and answer the three questions you did not address.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1

I, Sir, did not call you any names at all, much less a thug of any kind. Please reread my questions and answer the three questions you did not address.

He will not answer justnospam, he cannot answer your questions in the midst of his quest to find some one who sees things his way. No doubt there are those who do , just none around here as he thought... go figure[:D], bottom line is tr is a collectivist who believes a whole group of people should be denied rights because of a few, this will not change, you might as well be pizzen into the wind or talking to a rock, youll get a better response in your search of an answer to your questions[8D]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Yawn
    We already know you are a gun control proponent just like Mr. Fox. I'm surprised more of you didn't run over here to help him out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually you dont anything.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually you dont anything.
    What?
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1

Again, you seem to turn a blind eye to the facts here. You operate under the premise that gun-control legislation will somehow deter crime, when it has been historically proven that no gun-control law has ever had any effect on crime whatsoever.

Those whose intention is to misuse a firearm will obtain one regardless of the law; not at one of your vending machines where they will have to pay full price and risk being observed, but by buying one stolen from a vending-machine purchaser or stealing one themselves.

Cities here in the US that have the most restrictive gun-control laws also enjoy the highest crime rates in the country. Recent reports from Chicago illustrate this perfectly - in spite of the city's ban on handgun ownership youth gangs are involved in a mushrooming rate of crimes involving handguns.

Enforcement of crime laws and heavy penalties are the answer, not the penalization of 99.99% of gun owners because of the misdeeds of .01%.
  • Options
    NormalNormal Member Posts: 51
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    No...gun...LAWS...at...all.

Can...you...grasp...the...concept...?

Hmmmm. That left-wing liberal, commie-pinko State of Vermont has grasped it quite well. How has your right-wing conservative state done?

Now that's just plain funny.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Normal

Hmmmm. That left-wing liberal, commie-pinko State of Vermont has grasped it quite well. How has your right-wing conservative state done?

What is so funny are the people making distinctions such as left wing, right wing, liberal, conservative and all that other noise; you are either an American or not. It really is that simple, you either support and believe in the freedom that made us great or you do not. You are correct in pointing out that Vermont has the grasp of freedom down better than most any other state, but you are way off calling it left wing or even right wing for that matter.

There are two views but it is not one of left and right, it is one of right and wrong.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Normal

Is there some point related to your babbling?

Are you inferring that my beliefs are somehow tied to state government positions?

Do you produce any original thought, ever?
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hahahahhahahahahahahahaha what a read this has been.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    beating-a-dead-horse1.gif

SPAM
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    NO LAWS.

+ nada and none.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey pickenup, could you delete selectfires stupid * picture and my reply to his stupid * picture.

If the old fart has nothing to contribute maybe he should go back to whipping his illegal hired hands.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kyplumber
    Hey pickenup, could you delete selectfires stupid * picture and my reply to his stupid * picture.

If the old fart has nothing to contribute maybe he should go back to whipping his illegal hired hands.

You can delete yours if you want (or I can do it for you) but I will let his stand. It is his opinion, and I will let the readers know it. Whether I agree with it or not.
  • Options
    thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No gun laws at all!! Better question: Could you install the vending machines at all the redboxes so I could get a gun to go with my movie. That would be great. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The vending machines should allow one to handle/inspect the firearm(s) before purchase, like we can at gun shops,shows ect. Especially if it's a used firearm[;)]
  • Options
    huntfreakhuntfreak Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "NO GUN LAWS" guns don't kill people. "people kill people"
  • Options
    straightsh00terstraightsh00ter Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In regards to beating you guys to death with the ignorant idea of having absolutely no gun laws, surely you don't think I'm through yet.

very interesting thread. i'm a new member and felt compelled to respond. tr fox after reading this and many other threads you've been part of, i don't get your stand. (i am unsure of your conviction). correct me if i'm wrong, but you've turned combative over your years of posting.

i had to really think over your question and my first response was "yes of course there should be guiding laws". but most of the others where right... no... with a moral compass (and our constitution) one needs no man instatuted laws to do the right thing, laws are for the lawless the 2nd amendment is the 2nd shortest amendment in the book, it's short and sweet and to the point-read it-.

back to your questions:
    common sense wouldn't put them in vending machines at your local bowling alley, but if it was unlimited laws against no gun overegulations (one leads to many others), i would say no to more than the 2nd amendment!, thats good enough for our forefathers why shoudn't it be for us? further you had issue with guns around children. as a responsible parent you have to educate yourself and others. when ever you hear of a child related incident they are either uneducated (to gun saftey), one who was brought up with anti-gunner parents or a troubled kid with a history... period. check the facts. i brought my kids up to respect the power of the gun. if anything they could take or leave a day at the range. ever see that with a kid who's dad pee's his pants over the word semi-automatic?

we need people that are strong before ALL of our rights (and guns) are gone, one peice at a time. if you live in a good gun rights state and think this will never happen, try living in california, new york, wash.d.c. etc... just watch how the "good" intentions are cured by regulations and new laws.

straightsh00ter
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:very interesting thread. i'm a new member and felt compelled to respond. tr fox after reading this and many other threads you've been part of, i don't get your stand. (i am unsure of your conviction). correct me if i'm wrong, but you've turned combative over your years of posting.That is because, after years of hissing soothing NRA-esque words and NRA-esque dogma into the ears of people, other members have been advocating that people become educated to the reality of predatory government and burgeoning tyranny.

These 'other' members have opened their eyes, stepped up and have consistently and relentlessly been ringing the alarm-bell about globalist-collectivist government and its resultant gun-control and liberty suppression mania.

Frustration set in at some point for ol' Fox, due to more and more members actually listening to the constitutional positions being advocated, which are deliberately contrasted with the Fox/NRA mantra.

More and more people have rejected the collectivist Fox/NRA beliefs and instead, opted for advocating individual liberty, primarily in the form of no gun-control and in the form of personal accountability/responsibility, rather than government regulation, prohibition and controls.

Fox has tried to counter the simple and blunt truths that are presented about government and about gun-control which relate to our Republic and to our Constitution.

Fox has been completely unsuccessful in his attempts at hissing soothing words in on-going attempts at converting more people to the 'reasonable gun-control' positions that he holds and to the NRA as an organization.

Fox has been thwarted at every turn by the clear text of the Constitution, particularly that of Amendment II.

He has been thwarted, in large part, by these simple, timeless ideals, brought to the forefront of public discussion by a certain gathering of individual liberty proponent members, who are not swayed by his hissing of soothing words, or by his attempts at making analogies, which are ridiculous at best.

Fox has become increasingly frustrated and has, in fact, grown combative over a period of time; combative in his failed attempts to find 'someone', 'somewhere' who 'somehow' agrees with his flawed ethic & philosophy.

So far, about all Fox has been able to muster up in the way of 'support', are a handful of lame, broke-d*ck members, who mouth short denigrating snippets about the members who relentlessly beat them about the head and shoulders with the Constitution's truth and the clear text of Amendment II, which shines a bright light on their collectivist, anti-constitutional positions and beliefs.

These snippets are related to the individual liberty proponents, who are steadfast in their advocacy and stance, being 'revolutionaries', 'keyboard kommandos', 'all talk/no action', 'insane', 'tin-foil hat wearers', 'posers', 'liars' and other mildly humorous 'pearls of wisdom'.

Anyway, that is how I see it.

It would be amusing, if it were not so pathetic and if the issues were not so deadly serious for each one of us.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Another shish-kabob, served up in his admirable fashion. Our good Captain picks out the heart of the opposition, then deftly runs the rapier thru the flimsy defense and deep into the vitals.

One could almost feel sympathy for the opposition....almost.

Those that sell out America, however,leave me cold as ice.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    dam, missed another good one...but i see nothing wrong with guns being sold anywhere...they were when i was a youngster....you could buy them anywhere...just like a candy bar[;)][:D]ammo too,right along side them...lets bring back them days for our youngsters...yep[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Another shish-kabob, served up in his admirable fashion. Our good Captain picks out the heart of the opposition, then deftly runs the rapier thru the flimsy defense and deep into the vitals.

[:D][8)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

Yep![:)][:)][:p]