In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA betrays us again

Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
The NRA has officially endorsed liberal Democrat Scott Murphy for the 20th Congressional District in Upstate New York. Murphy was an outspoken proponent of "Obamacare" and supports major cuts to Medicare and tax hikes.

His opponent, Chris Gibson, is a conservative Republican gun owner, and a retired "Bird Colonel" following a 24-year career in the US Army including 4 combat tours to Iraq.

Among his military decorations are 2 Legions of Merit, 4 Bronze Star Medals, the Purple Heart, the Combat Infantryman's Badge with Star, the Master Parachutist Badge and the Ranger Tab. For their actions in Mosul in support of the first national election in the new Iraq, his Battalion Task Force earned the Valorous Unit Award. For their actions in Tal Afar during the 2nd and 3rd national elections in Iraq his Battalion and the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment were recognized for excellence by President George W. Bush and earned a 2nd Valorous Unit Award.

I will never send the NRA another dime. [:(!]

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry Spider--someone will be along shortly to remind you that the NRA is the biggest, last best hope for gun owners in this country. It seems Mr. Muphy got his A rating by the NRA by answering a questionairre. Big deal--what I would want to know is what is his actual voting record if any regarding the 2nd Amendment. Anyone could answer a questionairre anyway they want to get a rating. The NRA did not endorse Murphy last year yet this year they do? Mr. Gibson also received a AQ rating(an A rating for someone who hasn't held office). I'd be more inclined to think Mr. Gibson would be a better supporter of the 2nd. http://saratogian.com/articles/2010/09/28/news/doc4ca21109c408b431361165.txt

The NRA generally doesn't look at a candidates other issues(if they did they wouldn't have given a second thought about possibly endorsing Harry Reid) and IMO in most cases shouldn't as they are a single issue organization--their focus should be who is the best RTKBA supporter. Having said that though-the NRA has some pretty screwed up folks at the top level.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    btt...

Rosie...gordo...fshfndr...fox...dano...any of you apologists and sycophants looking?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    btt...

Rosie...gordo...fshfndr...fox...dano...any of you apologists and sycophants looking?

I was wondering when you were going to show up.

Can you do me a favor and return in about three hours? I'm outta sleeping pills. [:(]

I'm hoping you won't be as addictive as the pills. [;)]

Ah, the jack-booted weasel lurks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lurking was part and parcel of my job. [;)]

And biting ankles....[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No.....never did any of that. [^]

Just kicked * and took names once in a while. [:D]

On that, I am with you....
  • Options
    edited November -1

Licked.... Kicked.....

Whats the difference to a queen like you?

[xx(]

Well at least you kissed enough they let you get your retardedment check anyway.

[:D]
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    Ahhh, the 3D chess match continues.

I can't believe this.......... NO ONE will step up and defend the NRA?

Waiting for the talking points to come down from Central Command, no doubt.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Licked.... Kicked.....

Whats the difference to a queen like you?

[xx(]

Well at least you kissed enough they let you get your retardedment check anyway.

[:D]

Not once in over 30 years of LE service, did I feel the need to visit San Francisco or bring sheep into the mix. [^]

I am an honorable man of impeccable taste. [:D]

Your not a very good liar.....

[:)]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Don't worry Spider--someone will be along shortly to remind you that the NRA is the biggest, last best hope for gun owners in this country. It seems Mr. Muphy got his A rating by the NRA by answering a questionairre. Big deal--what I would want to know is what is his actual voting record if any regarding the 2nd Amendment. Anyone could answer a questionairre anyway they want to get a rating. The NRA did not endorse Murphy last year yet this year they do? Mr. Gibson also received a AQ rating(an A rating for someone who hasn't held office). I'd be more inclined to think Mr. Gibson would be a better supporter of the 2nd. http://saratogian.com/articles/2010/09/28/news/doc4ca21109c408b431361165.txt

The NRA generally doesn't look at a candidates other issues(if they did they wouldn't have given a second thought about possibly endorsing Harry Reid) and IMO in most cases shouldn't as they are a single issue organization--their focus should be who is the best RTKBA supporter. Having said that though-the NRA has some pretty screwed up folks at the top level.

I wanna know which way he's shootin', when the wick burns down!!!
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Spider, you act as though this is the first time they have done this. It has been their MO for a good many years, endorsing POS's. But an edorsement of a POS by a POS, is only worth something to the blind faithful. Now it has visited you. I would venture a guess that it has visited most eveybody. Glad you paid attention.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You adressing that to me?

It amazes me how poeple can be so stupid. An organization that has authored authored a ship size amount of anti-gun legislation compared to Brady Campaign's rowboat, and routinely backs anti-gun political candidates, like Brady, can be "supported" by gunowners simply because they "say" they defend rkba.

The mountain of proof that they lie isn't enough? That they simply "say" they defend rkba is?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    I see the piss ant is trying to roar again. Keep trying. Could be that squeak wii turn into a peep some day.
    Duck, dodge, bob, weave, side-step.

Typical for a sycophant that has nothing but a cup-o'-kool aid, a slack jaw, and blind ignorant faith in a false ideal.

Typical and rather sad.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another NRA endorsement goes to our liberal POS Governor, Chet Culver. This is their payoff for him signing in the new shall issue carry law in Iowa.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100928/NEWS09/9280352/Pro-gun-policy-earns-Culver-National-Rifle-Association-support

Gun Owners of Iowa had the best bill before Iowa Legislators changing the law to NO permits to conceal carry. However the NRA stepped in and helped force a bill through that would require a refreshment course every 4 or 5 years, which would cost around $80.00. This way, the NRA could guarantee a income from those who wish to pack in Iowa.

They are a bunch of crooks, who should have never been involved in Iowa.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    Another NRA endorsement goes to our liberal POS Governor, Chet Culver. This is their payoff for him signing in the new shall issue carry law in Iowa.

Gun Owners of Iowa had the best bill before Iowa Legislators changing the law to NO permits to conceal carry. However the NRA stepped in and helped force a bill through that would require a refreshment course every 4 or 5 years, which would cost around $80.00. This way, the NRA could guarantee a income from those who wish to pack in Iowa.

They are a bunch of crooks, who should have never been involved in Iowa.
    Now, now, Ron...They are playing a complex game of three-dimensional Vulcan chess.

One must understand that back-stabbing, back-dooring, betrayal, opposition to the Constitution and support for clearly known anti-constitutional candidates, is necessary and proper.

Ask Rosie, he can explain it.[;)]
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA ignores all issues except 2nd Amd. People get mad at the NRA for backing pro-choice, tax and spend, or pro-Obama candidates but they don't care about all that. Only gun rights. Also, they tend to favor an incumbent over a challenger if both are pro-gun figuring you go with the guy already in office.

Apparently this incumbent has supported gun rights. Or has fooled the NRA into thinking he has.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    The NRA ignores all issues except 2nd. People get mad at the NRA for backing pro-choice, tax and spend, or pro-Obama candidates but they don't care about all that. Only gun rights.

Apparently this incumbent has supported gun rights. Or has fooled the NRA into thinking he has.

Haven't done any real research into historic NRA endorsements, huh?

Why bother with that when you can stand on nebulous unsupported feelings and suppositions.
  • Options
    edited November -1

"Apparently?"

Yes, this has to be the case, has to, has to, has to, has to.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The NRA ignores all issues except 2nd Amd. People get mad at the NRA for backing pro-choice, tax and spend, or pro-Obama candidates but they don't care about all that. Only gun rights. Also, they tend to favor an incumbent over a challenger if both are pro-gun figuring you go with the guy already in office.

Doc,

I recommend a reading of this thread. http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=451774

pickenup has compiled quite the expose on NRA endorsements and posted them in one of his replies to the thread, amongst much other pertinent info.

You may find it enlightening.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Haven't done any real research into historic NRA endorsements, huh?

It's too hard to find.

Besides why bother? I sent in my $35 bucks. They'll take care of me.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Doc,

I recommend a reading of this thread. http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=451774

pickenup has compiled quite the expose on NRA endorsements and posted them in one of his replies to the thread, amongst much other pertinent info.

[|)]
    M
    u
    s
    t

r
    e
    s
    i
    s
    t
    [xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf

Doc,

[|)]
    M
    u
    s
    t

r
    e
    s
    i
    s
    t
    [xx(]
    [:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    It's always a good read when you guys start on about the NRA.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Elect Representatives, Senators and Governors who stand on the RTKBA, it gives you a lot less wiggle room for 'scare-tactic' mailers, begging for "your most generous contribution so the NRA can continue the fight in the trenches for your RTKBA, just as the patriots fought for liberty at Lexington and Concord."

I think I am going to vomit.[xx(]

Truth's the truth;

Pro-RTKBA elected officials are bad for bidness.
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Missouri they are backing old liberal warhorse Ike Skelton over Vicky Hartzler. I was really disappointed in the NRA and I am a life member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Elect Representatives, Senators and Governors who stand on the RTKBA, it gives you a lot less wiggle room for 'scare-tactic' mailers, begging for "your most generous contribution so the NRA can continue the fight in the trenches for your RTKBA, just as the patriots fought for liberty at Lexington and Concord."

I think I am going to vomit.[xx(]

Truth's the truth;

Pro-RTKBA elected officials are bad for bidness.

So you think they might support anti-RTKABA candidates in order to provide themselves with some Loyal opposition?

I hadn't thought of that, I just assumed they were stupid.[:D]

Wonder what the hold-up is mounting a defense to this. Seems they would have the talking points ready for their followers in advance.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Doc,

I have read that thread a few times. I had been a NRA supporter for well over 20 years before I even knew about a Gunbroker forum. I swallowed the NRA Koolaid hook, line and sinker all that time. After reading that thread and others it was like waking up from the Matrix. Just because a corporate entity says they are your last best hope doesn't necessarily mean that they are. I have even shown that thread to other NRA supporters on other gun forums and the die hards(especially the Fudd's) still blindly follow the NRA and are adamant that none of the other gun rights organizations are worth a plug nickel just because they "don't have the 4 million gun owners supporting them."

Well I will tell you something about that--if those 4 million supporters ever woke up from their slumber and actually looked at what the top brass at the NRA is doing they would lose so many members it would make your head spin. The majority most likely doesn't bother to look so long as their copy of the American Rifleman shows up on time and they get the trinkets like the mesh cap or a pocket knife made in China of course. Until LaPierre & the rest of the compromisers at the top are gone, the NRA will not see one dime from me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ....still blindly follow the NRA and are adamant that none of the other gun rights organizations are worth a plug nickel just because they "don't have the 4 million gun owners supporting them."

Maybe point out the 86 million gunowners who don't belong.

Now just what could the reason be? Oh yea, they are ALL lazy and expect trfaux to save their guns for them, uh-huh. It couldn't have anything to do with factual proven history of anti-gun NRA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Fudd's you speak of lack something you possess--the chestnuts to admit they've been in the wrong.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I have read that thread a few times. I had been a NRA supporter for well over 20 years before I even knew about a Gunbroker forum. I swallowed the NRA Koolaid hook, line and sinker all that time. After reading that thread and others it was like waking up from the Matrix. Just because a corporate entity says they are your last best hope doesn't necessarily mean that they are. I have even shown that thread to other NRA supporters on other gun forums and the die hards(especially the Fudd's) still blindly follow the NRA and are adamant that none of the other gun rights organizations are worth a plug nickel just because they "don't have the 4 million gun owners supporting them."

Well I will tell you something about that--if those 4 million supporters ever woke up from their slumber and actually looked at what the top brass at the NRA is doing they would lose so many members it would make your head spin. The majority most likely doesn't bother to look so long as their copy of the American Rifleman shows up on time and they get the trinkets like the mesh cap or a pocket knife made in China of course. Until LaPierre & the rest of the compromisers at the top are gone, the NRA will not see one dime from me.

The man gets it.[;)]

You NRA diehards out there; listen up.....

Wanna know why some of us come on here and choose to tell the truth about the NRA? Wanna know why we 'beat the dead horse', and relentlessly hammer away with the same message time after time after time?

Read the first few sentences of ruger41s post;

That's why.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Doc,

A reasoned response, sir.

Too bad the '4 million' who remain are either ignorant (some of us are attempting to correct that condition), stupid, or simply slack-jawed, slope-headed, kool-aid drinking blind sycophants.[:)]
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't waste your breath debating them. Hang them as the traitors they are.

Those evil minded enemies who seek to steal our best means of defense merely pretend to be blind.

They know what they do...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson
    The Fudd's you speak of lack something you possess--the chestnuts to admit they've been in the wrong.

You think?

I think it might be the inability to compute data. You know.... IQ.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All these posts and Doc is the only one to attempt a rationalization or justification of NRA actions.

Where are all the toad-mouthed NRA zombies????
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    496 how long did it take you to look up the word "SYCOPHANT?" You seem to have fallen in love with it. Keep squeking little ant. You will never get up to a roar but you may make it up to a grunt little feller. Poor little guy. No life at all except to get on an internet forum and scream and yell trying to get attention. Bless his little heart. I feel so sorry for him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All these posts and Doc is the only one to attempt a rationalization or justification of NRA actions.

There was one. No defense offered though. Go figure. He has the right to refute, he just doesn't have the ability.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf

There was one. No defense offered though. Go figure. He has the right to refute, he just doesn't have the ability.

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Its' much deeper then that. Just one expample is the NRA invlolvment in the Iowa bills mentioned in this thread. Look in to that one. There are many others. The door needs opened on this.

The NRA could be our best ally, the question is why do they choose not to be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    496 how long did it take you to look up the word "SYCOPHANT?" You seem to have fallen in love with it. Keep squeking little ant. You will never get up to a roar but you may make it up to a grunt little feller. Poor little guy. No life at all except to get on an internet forum and scream and yell trying to get attention. Bless his little heart. I feel so sorry for him.
    Gee-whiz, Rosie, that sure put me in my place, huh?[:)]

Now that you've shown another bout of duck, dodge, side-step, bob & weave, how about stepping up and telling us why you support the erosion of individual liberty.

As for the word 'sycophant' I use it in relation to you and the other NRA-zombies because it is a perfect fit.

I didn't define how slack-jaw, drooling, slope-headed, kool-aid drinking, blind adherent, fits you, since with every post you make, you are fleshing those descriptors out, all by yourself.

Carry on with my work, Rosie,or,you could quit while you are behind.[:)]