In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

$200.00 Stamp

Comments

• Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joe...I am with 35 on this one.

Explain to me how an AR-15, AR-10, etc is not a sporting rifle. Seriously...tell me and the rest of us on here why it isn't.

They come in a multitude of calibers and can take game ranging from rabbits to deer or elk, possibly bear with the 450 Bushmaster. It is used in competition shooting events and used on weekends to pop paper and tin cans.

Look at the bill. The 10/22 with a threaded barrel will now be an assault weapon. No more manufacturing those. Thumbhole stock? Assault weapon...no more making those for you either.

Let's hear your reasoning why you do not consider them sporting rifles. We are waiting.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Just to bore everyone to death with my usual obscure firearms facts: There was actually an AR-14; it was the sporting version of the AR-10 Rifle. It utilized the AR-10 action (which would later be used in the AR-15) but was very conventional in appearance and in fact looked a lot like the Armalite AR-17 "Golden Gun" shotgun but had a walnut stock and forearm. Calibers were ,234, .308 and .358 but it never entered serial production. I am told that the prototypes still exist in private hands but I have never seen an example.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by countryfarmer
    What the hell is a AR 14?

The model after the AR 13
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm positive I don't own an AR because I have always considered them a positivly inferior gun for all positive uses I have for a gun.

I'm positive had they been available in something other than .223 and with the new optics ready flattops instead of the positivly horrible carry handle/sights 30 years ago I would have a more positive opinion of the gun.

I'm positive that the only reason I consider buying one now is because I'm positive that I soon will not be able to.

I'm positive that the only AR I truly desire is an AR10.

I'm positve that the 2nd admendment's intent was for the citizens to have at thier disposal arms comparable to those of any standing army. That right has already been infringed by restrictions on full auto arms and destructive devices.

I'm positive that I'll respect any difference of opinion with any of the above except the one in red.

You can be positive that if you disagree with the one in red and let me know it that I will then be positive your a blooming idiot that does not deserve to live in this country.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    Just to bore everyone to death with my usual obscure firearms facts: There was actually an AR-14; it was the sporting version of the AR-10 Rifle. It utilized the AR-10 action (which would later be used in the AR-15) but was very conventional in appearance and in fact looked a lot like the Armalite AR-17 "Golden Gun" shotgun but had a walnut stock and forearm. Calibers were ,234, .308 and .358 but it never entered serial production. I am told that the prototypes still exist in private hands but I have never seen an example.

That right there proves my own theory that I learn something new every time you post anything about firearms in general. Thanks, Mark.[:)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    Feel free to "bore" me with obscure firearm facts anytime.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by countryfarmer
    What the hell is a AR 14?

It's what replaced the M15, DUH![;)]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still find it ironic on how "sporting purpose" can only be linked to hunting, the fact of killing something

Never mind the people that DO use the gun for hunting, but what about the millions of rounds sent down range every year in competitions around the country, you know the people outside your world
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic

That right there proves my own theory that I learn something new every time you post anything about firearms in general. Thanks, Mark.[:)]

Ditto!
  • Options
    Joes Custom GunsJoes Custom Guns Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on 35 TELL US WHY YOU LIE SO.
    Just a Few days ago You said that You would NEVER again post on a
    Thread that I have started.
    Are You running for office? Is that Why that you LIE so?

Come on, Joe. Let's hear it. Why are AR-15's not sporting, and what does the color of them have to do with discussion at hand? Put up or shut up. Let's hear one good reason. You obviously don't know anything about that type of rifle, or you wouldn't be spouting your "there's nothing sporting about them" BS.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns

Come on, Joe. Let's hear it. Why are AR-15's not sporting, and what does the color of them have to do with discussion at hand? Put up or shut up. Let's hear one good reason. You obviously don't know anything about that type of rifle, or you wouldn't be spouting your "there's nothing sporting about them" BS.

Nothing like avoiding a question.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by 427cobra289
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Let's get POSTIVE,...POSTIVE,.....I wanna get POSTIVE,....let's get into POSTIVE.

Haven't thought about her in a long time. [:p]

Or did the Assault Weapon Band sing that? [:D]

Isn't this their first single? Should be available by now on MP3.

"My name is Joe, I like to blow, every time you talk to meeeee".
    "I like to flip and flap about NEGATIVE CRAP, oh God now I gotta peeeee".

"That AR gun just ain't no fun. I love to poke holes in paper".
    "Nobody knows, uh oh the word grows, that I'm a constitutional raper".

"EVERYBODY NOW!!"

"I'll call out the mods, when things get odd, I'm a low-post internet GOD!"
    "I'm losing the argument, darn if I don't get bent, now where's that mod?
    "I ain't no fun, I don't like your gun, take it to your juuuunk dealers".
    "I'll scream and shout "SKIB BLIB BLAB BLOUT" when someone hurts my feelers".

I'll work on the chorus later.[:D][:D][;)]
    I must admit, I laughed long and hard at that one.

Hey Randy there are numerous auctions right here on GB that state their rifles for sale are pre band Joe is not alone here. They were made way before musical instruments became popular.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

Nothing like avoiding a question.

SURPRISE !!!
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now They are talking of Bringing back the ASSAULT WEAPONS BAND and adding the $200.00 Tax Stabp.
    How are they going to get any Tax if they Band them.And what music will they play?"Out Ta Get Me"

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Mark C , How dare you enter facts into this perfectly factless debate.....[:D]
  • Options
    GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the tax money that will be collect will either be squandered or use

to help their agenda to continue the control lobby, probably both!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    Let's get POSTIVE,...POSTIVE,.....I wanna get POSTIVE,....let's get into POSTIVE.

"EVERYBODY NOW!!"

I must admit, I laughed long and hard at that one.

Hey Randy there are numerous auctions right here on GB that state their rifles for sale are pre band Joe is not alone here. They were made way before musical instruments became popular.
    Are they selling stones?
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

I'll tell you why I responded to this thread, Joe. Exactly why. I've read every one of your threads as of late, just never felt the need to take any more jabs at you, as you seemed to be still attracting it, without my presence.

You start this thread, and then proceed to speak out against a firearm that I happen to enjoy using, in numerous sporting ways, and proclaim that they have no sporting purpose or use.

That is infringing on MY 2nd Amendment rights, Joe. You are not going to tell me that they have no sporting purpose. Those same rights apply to you. You are just as apt to lose them as I am.

The only lying going on here is what spews from your own mouth, Joe. You lie about what a staunch supporter you are of the 2nd Amendment, then in the next breath, tell us all that AR's have no sporting purpose.

Which is it Joe?

Choose what side of your mouth you're going to speak from, and stick to it. At least then, everyone will know where you stand. You would make an excellent politician. In one ear, out the other, across the gums, and out the opposite side of your mouth.

I'm sure your attitude would be much different if you were the one working on AR's all the time, and making money at it.

The difference between you and me, Joe? I'm fully support the 2nd Amendment, as written. The only thing you use it for is profit potential. Talk a big game, get a few people to buy your wares, then come over here to the forums, and tell everyone that AR's aren't sporting.

You have said nothing. Still, I wait for your explanation as to why you don't believe that AR's have no sporting purpose. Still, I wait. You've done nothing with this thread but turn yourself into the always-expected laughing stock of months past.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here were I live with-in 50 Miles there has been three(3) ranges that I have shot compettion on CLOSED because of DUMMIES with AR-Rifles destorying propirty and carring in junk to shoot at, then leting it lay for someone else to clean up.
    I can not see that as sporting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here were I live with-in 50 Miles there has been three(3) ranges that I have shot compettion on CLOSED because of DUMMIES with AR-Rifles destorying propirty and carring in junk to shoot at, then leting it lay for someone else to clean up.

So, you base your entire opinion of AR-type rifles on idiots creating a mess at a couple rifle ranges? Do you honestly believe that all people that own AR's are like that? I'm sure that AR's were the only firearms in use at those particular ranges, weren't they? No possibility of any other firearms present.

I suppose that people that purchase your 10/22's, based on your pricing alone, are a bunch of wealthy elitist snobs?

See how that works? Not very well, does it?[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

So the AR 15 left all the junk on the range, I suppose it had nothing to do with the owners. Better keep mine in the safe I wouldn't want to come home to a messy house. How liberal blame the gun not the person. Joe I used to have some respect for you but I'm pretty sure it is all gone.

That's kinda like saying ignorant people shoot 10-22's.[;)][;)]
  • Options
    427cobra289427cobra289 Member Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

"EVERYBODY NOW!!"

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some assault weapon band 8 tracks, pre ban obviously. Watch for my auction if you want them.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

So the AR 15 left all the junk on the range, I suppose it had nothing to do with the owners. Better keep mine in the safe I wouldn't want to come home to a messy house. How liberal blame the gun not the person. Joe I used to have some respect for you but I'm pretty sure it is all gone.

That's kinda like saying ignorant people shoot 10-22's.[;)][;)]

Not just any 10-22's............wait for it............wait for it..............................world class 10-22's.[:D]

I don't know why I had to do that, but I did.
  • Options
    edited November -1

"EVERYBODY NOW!!"

How's the chorus line coming along?
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    POSTIVE,.....stay POSTIVE!

AMEND, AMEND stay postive'
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,034 ******
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:D][:D]
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm rEaLLy ConSiDERing thE RANdOm uSE OF uPPEr CasE leTterS frOM NOW oN.

i'M NOT tHAt HOT On mIS-sPeLlING THOUGH
  • Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
    I love this place it's better than any TV show! [:)][:)][:)] http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=477820
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FEENIX

"EVERYBODY NOW!!"

"Screw you guys, I'm going home! when I'm called on the mat."
    "Don't know what else to do, but yell TO HELL WITH YOU, when my argument falls flat."

"YOU'RE A LIAR! screams out my heart with fire, what was the question agin?"
    "So here I sit, not giving a chit, so what if my argument grows thin?"
    "I'll pull that trigger, so how do you figger that yours is good as mine?"
    "I'll show you proof, don't be a poof, 'cause it's world class fine!"
    "I's a regular fixture, even minus the picxture. Don't believe me? To hell with yoooooouuuuu!"
    "My incoherent babble makes your funny bone rattle, I need to lay off the gluuuuueeee."

"So I'll just grin and bear it, and wipe by butt with a Barrett, cause you don't know this kid".

"I'll be your best friend, till the bitter end, as long as you place your bid!"

I'll worry about the chorus later.[:D][:D][;)][:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You LIE!! We can not believe you.
    GOOD BYE; and GOOD RIDDEN!!

uote]Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic

"EVERYBODY NOW!!"

"Don't know what else to do, but yell TO HELL WITH YOU, when my argument falls flat."

"I's a regular fixture, even minus the picxture. Don't believe me? To hell with yoooooouuuuu!"
    "My incoherent babble makes your funny bone rattle, I need to lay off the gluuuuueeee."

"So I'll just grin and bear it, and wipe by butt with a Barrett, cause you don't know this kid".

[/quote]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Now They are talking of Bringing back the ASSAULT WEAPONS BAND and adding the $200.00 Tax Stabp.
    How are they going to get any Tax if they Band them.
    And what music will they play?

That was the 1st think that came to mind and you beat me to it.[:o)]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Ar-15 = Civilian Model. M-16 is military and is and assault rifle same as the M-4.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "You LIE!! We can not believe you.
    GOOD BYE; and GOOD RIDDEN!!"

Sorry Joe, I'm here for the long haul.[;)][:p][^]
  • Options
    FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    We need to get like the NFL and go pink with our guns for correctness...

How About We Call It Sarcastaball
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1

So the AR 15 left all the junk on the range, I suppose it had nothing to do with the owners. Better keep mine in the safe I wouldn't want to come home to a messy house.

Come to think of it, that black devil does have a bad habit of defecating where it eats. [xx(]

I wouldn't trust it not to pick up other bad habits.

[;)]

Allen
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a pre band saxophone in high school..........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You LIE!! We can not believe you.
    GOOD BYE; and GOOD RIDDEN!!

uote]Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic

"EVERYBODY NOW!!"

[/quote]

Who is "WE"[?]