In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

$200.00 Stamp

13»

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,177 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns
    Come on 35 TELL US WHY YOU LIE SO.
    Just a Few days ago You said that You would NEVER again post on a
    Thread that I have started.
    Are You running for office? Is that Why that you LIE so?

quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    Come on, Joe. Let's hear it. Why are AR-15's not sporting, and what does the color of them have to do with discussion at hand? Put up or shut up. Let's hear one good reason. You obviously don't know anything about that type of rifle, or you wouldn't be spouting your "there's nothing sporting about them" BS.

Nothing like avoiding a question.

stop and think, it has been a few minutes since his last post, in all likelyhood he probubly just forgot there was a question..........
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Regardless of Joe's categorization of AR's as non-sporting, he said he supports your right to own one. In my mind he is entirely in keeping with the 2A. Whether or not a firearm has a sporting use is irrelevant to protecting our 2A rights. For those of you focused on defending the sporting use of any firearm, I would say you have lost track of what is important. The Second Amendment is a guard against tyranny and all firearms or other instruments of war are included. Personally I think we should be able to buy grenades at hardware stores. If we did, I wonder if they would be cheaper at Wallyworld or Costco?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,282 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns
    You LIE!! We can not believe you.
    GOOD BYE; and GOOD RIDDEN!!

Does this mean you're leaving the forum?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    cat66hatcat66hat Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, let me go over this again. Please pay attention this time.

The founders of our country did not demand a 2A to protect the freedom to hunt squirrels. They had just finished a terrible war to gain their freedom from oppression. They wanted to make sure that their children's children would have the arms to oppose any future government oppression.

'Sporting purpose' was coined by the USG to make restrictions on 2A rights seem to be logical and reasonable, when they were, in fact, treasonous.

Terry
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,282 ******
    Just to bore everyone to death with my usual obscure firearms facts: There was actually an AR-14; it was the sporting version of the AR-10 Rifle. It utilized the AR-10 action (which would later be used in the AR-15) but was very conventional in appearance and in fact looked a lot like the Armalite AR-17 "Golden Gun" shotgun but had a walnut stock and forearm. Calibers were ,234, .308 and .358 but it never entered serial production. I am told that the prototypes still exist in private hands but I have never seen an example.

Digging this back up because of your post here, @mark christian . I know Biden didn't have any clue there was actually an AR-14, but this is still good info.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain