In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PROTECT OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS

MastersonMasterson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
As you all know, we could possibly be facing a death penalty here.. In other words, depending on who gets elected on November 2nd decides what's going to happen with the 2nd Amendment..
I have not kept up to date on all the Gun Laws up until now.. I just make sure that before I decide to go buying say for example a 9 MM Beretta, that it's legal in this area and the requirements.... I myself as an individual citizen of the United States would like to PROTECT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT...
I was reading something on one of the presidential election webpages that states something about the 1 million women crew in Trenton,NJ trying to ban ALL guns in the state of Jersey..something like that..

If you guys actually want to protect your 2nd ammendment rights then you need to step forward and do what it takes to convince all those Anti-Gun people that we live in the United States of America...Land of the free and the Home of the Brave...where just because a certain group of people don't want something in our country/state doesn't mean that everyone else agrees with them... The way I see it, if you don't like guns, stay away from them.
I found some articles on the National Rifle Assosciations webpage .. www.nraila.org
If you browse through the whole site you will find NUMEROUS ways to protect your guns rights and show that your vote and Opinion counts...For example, as they have listed on www.nraila.org 6 steps to PROTECT OUR 2ND AMENDMENT
1.)REGISTER TO VOTE

2.)MONITOR YOUR LOCAL MEDIA (GUN OWNERS AND DEALERS RESPONDING TO ANTI-GUN ARTICLES/EDITORIALS/AND REPORTS)

3.)PARTICIPATE IN CALL-IN RADIO AND T.V PROGRAMS (THIS ONE IS PROBABLY THE BEST ONE IN MY OPINION...)

4.)JOIN NRA-ILA's FRONTLINEST VOLUNTEER PROGRAM.

5.)MOBILIZE THE CLUB(NOT VERY HELPFUL)

6.)SPREAD THE WORD

You fellas can find these exact steps to take in full detail at http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GrassRootsActivism.aspx?ID=3

As far as myself, I'm registering to vote, spreading the word, writing to the governor, and probably the best yet....you have to see for yourself http://www.capwiz.com/nra/home/ -- just help the word get around

Nobody should be stripping us of our freedom to posses certain firearms...as long as they are used responsibily and accordingly

the master!!

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Masteron: Welcome to the GB.com forums and congrats upon your apparent awaking to the fact that for decades the lawful American citizens gun rights (as well as other rights) have steadily erroded.

Now I don't mind your "lecture", even coming from a new poster, because I am just grateful for your apparently new found realization that people who believe in maximum power for citizens (gun rights, etc) and minimum power for government have been under attack for a long, long time. You and I an all the others are soldiers on the same side of the war, so if you want to come here and act like you have just discovered what is going on, I will not try and hurt your feeling or insult you for being a little late to the party. I am just glad you finally made it.

If I have insulted you it is not on purpose. I just don't have a lot of time or patience as I (and my young daughter and baby grandson) are to busy working towards keeping our gun rights (baby has been an NRA member since birth) and I don't have a lot of time to spare to be extra nice to someone who finally MIGHT start doing what we have been doing for years. Stick around and help out. Glad to have you.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    MastersonMasterson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey man, don't worry about it. I only get offended when somebody insults me directly using foul language and inappropriate behavior towards others..
    But hey man, I can see where your coming from. The only thing is, just because I'm new to the forum doesn't mean I'm new to the wonderful world of firearms.. I've cleared that. being new and all doesn't affect me whatsoever, but I urge that you protect your rights directly as stated in http://www.nraila.org/index.aspx ... e-mail your Governor....write to the president, e-mail your federal and state elected officials..It's the only way to show that we care instead of them just letting them take it from us...
    As far as me waking up into society, i can see why you said that because I did seem a bit out of it when I wrote that hours ago....and thats mainly because I was up to 4 am last night, then had to get up at 8 for work and was out until 4 p.m didnt even get home until 4:30... It's been a reallyyyyy long day for me...
    Alongside that, I always start my new topics right to the point....because some people may not be aware of what I'm trying to get at directly
    thanks for the welcome by the way [:)]

Big B
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Masterson, welcome! I would like to recommend that you check out the Gun Owners of America. They are my personal favorite gun group. http://gunowners.org.

Also, check out my post Just Joined GOA for other information.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Masterson,

Glad to see you took tr fox's statement the right way. I am still laughing at this situation. It does not seem that long ago that "someone" else came into this forum with the same kind of WAKE UP attitude, that you have now. (right fox? LOL) I find it funny that he should be the first one to respond to your thread. Especially after the lambasting he took when he first arrived.

While I totally agree with what you have said, you will find that you are "in essence" preaching to the choir here. "Some" of the members here have done more that I ever will, when it comes to trying to protect our rights. Up to, and including, running for public office. Others have not, and will never, do more than pay dues to their favorite "gun organization" if even that. [:(]

Keep tooting your horn, it NEVER hurts to try harder. We MUST get all of those people that we can involved. Or your very first statement/sentence could become all too true.

Along with dsmith's suggestion, here are a couple of other (NO compromise) organizations that you might want to look into. In reference to the first one, you do NOT have to be a Jew to belong, and they are a VERY good group. As to the second one, I don't know where you live, this is just one that I happen to belong to, and endorse.

http://www.jpfo.org/

http://www.rmgo.org/

Oh and by the way, WELCOME aboard. We can use all the help we can get.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Again, well and truthfully said pickenup. Although I must mention that I came on board with my preaching attempted to be directed only at the ones here who were not doing anything but "talk". And instead of just criticizing those supposed slackers, I offered information about myself which tried to show me as someone who was already doing some of what I was urging others to do. But I still caught he!! as you well know.

I still find it interesting that some of the very people whom I had tried to explain that my preaching was not directed at, still went off on me. Kinda makes me wonder if they were angry because they knew I was not only right, but RIGHT ABOUT THEM.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i take people shooting, bring along some black rifles and at first they are afraid of the "machinegun" and after the 3rd or 4th shot they understand. i have gotten 3 new gunowners and a about 15 people who no longer view a gun as something that will load itself and go out and spray bullets at innocent children.

as america has gotten more urbanized, any people have never seen a gun except in a movie or the news. they have no idea how they work and because of te media have some pretty awful misconceptions of what they can or cannot do.go take a friend to a range with you, it will be the best thing you can do to promote what the second amendment is all about.

happiness is a warm gun, preferably preban
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen, 2gun. This is the approach I have advocated on other posts. I find that people's intitial fear of firearms is often replaced with curiosity and excitement when they have the opportunity to learn about them in a sane and controlled environmment. I know I have taken at least 2 people to the range in the past 3 years that were previously anti-gun. One admitted that she had fun and that she could see why people should be allowed to own guns. The other didn't want to leave the range, so I signed her up with the NRA and we got married last month.

-WW

P.S. TR FOX, I love you like a brother, but sometimes you should drink a couple beers before posting. Relax bud! [:D]

...and welcome to you Masterson, always glad to have another ally.

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're probably right Wolf about lightinging up and maybe I will head for a cache of Buddy Weiser next time. Oh, and congrats to you and the bride on getting married.

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well..didn't Kerry say in his acceptance speech that he would uphold the Constitution? Do we believe him, especially when it comes to the 2nd Amendment?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salvage33, you are onto something. Most (All?) liberals believe the US 2nd amendment gives the right to keep and bear arms to the states and their state military. This in spite of the fact that the entire bill of rights (with a tiny, tiny exception) uses language that cleary shows the bill of rights is for the citizens. Besides, as we all know, No governments can or are able to have "rights", only "powers".

But since the liberals bellieve as just stated (and this probably includes Kerry) they CAN say they support the bill of rights because to them the 2nd DOES NOT GIVE YOU AND ME A RIGHT TO OWN GUNS.

JMHO

• Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    I have a 1949 History book here that defines the consitution etc.In it they talk of the Organized Militia(The National Guard) AND THE UNORGANIIZED MILITIA(every male beteen the ages of 18 and 45)......Interesting? L.H.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think these folks put it best:

"I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426, June 16, 1788.

"That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided, as dangerous to liberty: and that, in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power." Draft Amendment, Virginia Convention on June 16, 1788.

"What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty." Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, I Annals of Congress at 750 (August 17, 1789).

"A militia law, requiring all men, or with very few exceptions besides cases of conscience, to be provided with arms and ammunition... is always a wise institution, and, in the present circumstances of our country, indispensable." John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

"The Militia is composed of free Citizens. There is therefore no Danger of their making use of their Power to the destruction of their own Rights, or suffering others to invade them." Samuel Adams. III S. Adams, Writings 251

"...the militia shall always be kept well organized, armed, and disciplined, and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms..." Richard Henry Lee writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, January 25, 1788
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well put and all great quotes.Of course we know that some of the problem is that "modern politcians" believe that this would no longer apply as the country is no longer the little fledling Republic that it once was.Also they INSIST that the Militia is the National Guard.I guess my point was that as late as 1949 they were not teaching that in Schools.....It is actually quite recently in our Nations History that the History books have changed. We need to have All these facts at our disposal to counter and show what The founders and inded later politcians meant.....I will get the info from this one and post it so anyone that wishes may read it.Some Libraries must have it somewhere...Thank you for your post WW and keep up the good work! L.H.
  • Options
    Bravo 13Bravo 13 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First let me state that I DON'T advacate violence towards women OR anyone!I believe something HAS to be done about the "Lautenberg Amendment".We have a law that basically discriminates against men,has NO "grandfather clause",very little if any way to restore your gun rights if CHARGED w/domestic abuse-assault conviction does'nt matter!Why is this crime the only one that punishes you on your relationship to your victim? A lot of decent policemen/military have lost their jobs because of a mistake 10,20 or more yrs ago and can't owe or use weapons of any type.Felons have a better chance of getting their gun rights restored than those charged w/dom.abuse,@ least here in IA.I know numerous people that now can NO longer hunt or shoot all because of a draconian law that they were charged with even though it happened long before the law was enacted.Some got deferred sentenced or charges dismissed-does'nt matter as just getting charged is enough to become 1/3 of a full felon!I apoligize for the rambling but something to ponder.Will Sept.14 have any bearing on this law?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    longhunter...the unorganized militia is everyman between 18 and 45, and ALL men with prior military experience. That is NOT a quote, but am working from memory here. LOL

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salvage.........Youu must have a LONG memory!LOL!! That aside,That is Just what that old history book said...And they are trying to convince folks that the militia and the National Guard are one and the same.//...L.H.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bravo 13: to truly see how unfair that domestic violence law really is, can anyone here tell me of any law that has ever been passed in the history of the USA in which it can go back in time BEFORE it was passed and punish people for doing things that were done long, long before the law was passed? Kinda like the IRS deciding that the tax rate 10 years ago should have been higher so now you have to not only pay up for those taxes but you have to pay a penatly and interest.

• Options
    Bravo 13Bravo 13 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You make a very valid point t.r.fox! The real question is:If we are all presumed to be innecent, even upon arrest, and our justice system follows due process,than how can penalty/punishment be imposed merely for being charged w/o even going thru the court system and waiting for the judges and/ or juries judgement?If the almighty powers that be make laws that convict (I consider loss of 2nd Amendment right(s)to be a conviction) automatically when merely CHARGED w/a crime then we had better start building alot more prisons as the prisons we have now are'nt going to hold all of us future criminals!Why would a Blackhawk helicopter hover a 1/2 block away and 40' up on 8/4/04 in city limits?Is Big Brother getting bold or what!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yep!

• Options
    edited November -1
    There are some great points and info being passed around on this thread...

Salvage, where did "unorganized militia is everyman between 18 and 45, and ALL men with prior military experience" come from? I never heard of this before Longhunter mentioned the 1949 history book. Was this an actual statute defined by the government somewhere in our history?

I've always assumed that the militia is every man (and presumably every woman in modern times) able to bear arms, if they so choose. I've also heard it described as every man "trained to arms", but I assumed that these were all just interpretations of the Second Amendment, like the quotes that I posted. Does anybody know of any actual government verbage that supports the male, 18-45, restriction? Just curious.

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man, THAT is good info Highball. I printed and will save that for future reference. Kinda make the 2nd amendment apply to common citizens REGARDLESS of which way you classify them. Seems to me to shoot the he!! out of the liberal anti-gun argument that the 2nd amendmendt only applies to national guard, etc.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I too salute you highball my friend for that link! L.H.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Indeed, thank you much, Highball!

[8D]

• Options
    NRA_recruiterNRA_recruiter Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Masterson - glad you put the NRA link in your post, it is a good one. This is the time of year we should be walking and calling for GW. I personally ran (and had my * kicked) in a city council election last year. It was great experience though, it really showed how hard it is to go it alone. Winning elections is all about ORGANIZATION. Personally, I think there are several great pro second amendment groups, but the NRA is by far the largest and most effective at delivering votes and getting the ear of politicians. It's always great to hear the excitement of those new to the movement.

Join NRA, one of the best ways to support the 2nd amendment
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    "Recruiter"...;

Rah,rah,rah..rally the troops to a winning team..the NRA.

The NRA has been on the winning side ..of every gun control law since 1935.Their deft touch has added the grease to force tyranny up the backside of every American left in this country..using their intimate knowledge of the 'gun culture'...knowing EXACTLY how much gun-owners will submit to each time a law is pushed by the Socialists in power...and tailoring the law just enough to prevent violence.

Keep on keeping on...some of us just sit back,now-a-days,and wish you'all Godspeed on your appointed tasks.....it must be more difficult all the time,pretending the the Second Amendment means anything at all,as you try to recruit intelligent new people to "send in those checks"...course,intelligence isn't a hallmark of the the people that live in this country anymore,....is it ?

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    leighbearleighbear Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me start off by saying I completely agree with everyone but there are somethings about the gun laws that I just dont completely get. I will start off by saying I am 18 years old and I am a female. My apartment was broken into about 7 months ago. Immediately I went to the local pawn shop looking at guns. The man there informed me that I could look at the handguns but wasnt able to touch or buy. After that he told me i can buy a rifle (spelling) or shotgun legally. That kinda just confuses the hell out of me. I am a registered voter and I would never use a gun in an attempt to commit a crime. But since my apartment was broken into I just want some protection, how hard can that be? My opinion is: "if you can vote, (under certain restrictions) you should be able to own a gun"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    leighbear;
    Something else the NRA has bought off on..the idea that some certain 'age' magically makes one competant to own a gun.The Socialists in the Government love this idea...it prevents parents from instilling the proper respect and love of guns in children.

Children should be brought up into the 'culture of the gun'..at the pace the parent determines the child can handle.

NO GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION between child and parent,thank you...

You,at 18,if you have no gun handling experience,ought to take some training....and then,in a free country,buy whatever handgun you desire.
    You,however,do not live in a free country..and the NRA shares part of the responsibility for this grievious state of affairs.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Welcome LeighBear!

You seem like an intelligent person. After you are attacked, you decide not to oppose the law abiding people who want to buy guns but decide to buy one yourself. I agree that the NRA compromises too much, but our complaining doesn't solve your problem.

You aren't old enough to buy a handgun, but you want to protect a relatively small area (your apartment). The gun of choice is a no-brainer. Get some kind of shotgun. They spray the lead everywhere and there is very little chance of "over penetration". If you were to use a rifle, odds are you wouldn't be able to make an aimed shot when somebody attacked you. With a shotgun you only have to point in the general direction.

Then when you get old enough, buy the handgun of your choice.

Also, if you are interested in protecting the gun rights, check out the Gun Owners of America: http://www.gunowners.org They are no compromise and dedicated to protecting your rights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Also, I was browsing the GOA's site and I found something that any armed woman would find interesting:
    http://www.gunowners.org/womensvoice.htm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Leighbear, I deeply sympathize with you, however you have the potential to be a great poster-woman for the gun rights movement. I suggest you write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, and I suggest that you write a letter to the following NRA publications:

The Armed Citizen:
    http://www.nrapublications.org/armed citizen/index.asp
    mail: "The Armed Citizen," 11250 Waples Mill Rd., Fairfax, VA 22030-9400
    (maybe they can start a new column called the "Disarmed Citizen")

Woman's Outlook:
    http://www.nrapublications.org/wo/index.asp
    - I can't find an address for this magazine, but the website says it is available on newstands.

I agree with dsmith about the shotgun. You might want to look for a double-barrelled "coach gun", as these have a short 20" barrel. Or you may like a "youth" size semi-auto or pump-action shotgun. Most people would probably suggest 20-guage for these guns, and birdshot is usually recommended for home defense.

If I had an 18-year-old daughter that was living on her own, I would make sure she was armed to the teeth.

-WW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Woundedwolf: excellent advice on the links.

Folks, please DO NOT put a shotgun into the hands of a novice for self-protection. Because if you do, I know you will recommend a pump action (or maybe an automatic). Even without adding the stress factor to any encounter with a home intruder, there are several ways a pump (or even an automatic) can let the novice defender down. Without trying to bore you I will mention just one way: the defender can LOAD THE SHELLS IN BACKWARDS! Are you laughing? Well, you KNOW it can happen. Not likely, but CAN happen. If you want to know the other ways I will gladly list them for you.

If money is a problem get them a good used stainless .38 special 6 shot revolver loaded with +p loads of the type that are designed to not over penetrate walls, etc. If you need more firepower, get a newer 7 or 8 shot .38/.357 magnum revolver or even a 9 shot .22 revolver. Do not burden a novice with a pump or automatic shotgun.

For you NRA haters: If your family was facing a fight for their lives, and one of your neighbors whom you barely liked offered to help you, even with the faults that neighbor had I bet you would accept their help. You would face the threat at hand, you would not complain about the helpful neighbor's faults and shortcomings, and you would be grateful for what ever help that neighbor could offer in an attempt to save you and your family.

So it is with the NRA. Quietly hate the NRA if you must and have reason to, but please don't try to harm it because overall it is trying to help you. Please spend your time and energy, instead of knocking the NRA, in helping the pro-gun/pro-citizen organizations you DO agree with.

JMHO

(late post: perhaps I did not read the part about the person inquiring about a home defense firearm being underage. If so, then perhaps a shotgun is best for them, although I think in most states an 18 yearold can possess (not purchase) a handgun.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Leighbear;
    I find myself guilty of pi******* and moaning instead of giving you any answers about your safety..I apoligize.

Given your age,and given TR Fox's statement.(true as far as it goes)..unfortunately,you getting a handgun WOULD be breaking the law..again,the NRA partly to blame for this...the Shotgun,yes,pump or semi-auto...is the best choice for you.

Don't believe ANYBODY that tells you that 'you don't need to aim'..take it to the range and fire it at 7 FEET..the distance of most shootings...and you will instantly see that aiming is what will save your bacon..

Now,to find out what REAL women think about Gun Control...and what to do about it..go to this site...
    http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/

• Options
    edited November -1
    tr fox;
    I don't 'hate' the NRA.Hate is self destructive..and leaves the 'hated' organisism unaffected.

I merely view the NRA thru the lenses of reality..we no longer can afford 'rose colored glasses'..we have lost entirely too many freedoms to for that.

quote:For you NRA haters: If your family was facing a fight for their lives, and one of your neighbors whom you barely liked offered to help you, even with the faults that neighbor had I bet you would accept their help. You would face the threat at hand, you would not complain about the helpful neighbor's faults and shortcomings, and you would be grateful for what ever help that neighbor could offer in an attempt to save you and your family.

Sorry..but was I aware that said neighbor had given the enemy the location of my security systems,address,and weapons count..NO way do I need their help.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Highball:
    Sorry if my statement was misleading. I didn't mean that you didn't have to make an effort to aim, I just meant that you didn't need the precision you'd need with a rifle. With a shotgun you have to get in the general area, but with a rifle your aim would have to be perfect. If you were using slugs in your shotgun, yes aiming would be more of a problem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TR,
    Just wanted to add a comment. You think that our problem is that the NRA isn't doing enough. I would give them my money if they were operating at 10% efficiency but weren't doing anything to hurt me.

The fact is that the FOPA of 1986 says I can't own a new machine gun and I will have to pay the thousands of dollars for a transferable gun. This is not because the NRA was operating at too low efficiency, it is because that the NRA was operating at too high efficiency against me. They have twice sold the "machine gun people" out and I have no reason to doubt they'd do it again. If they didn't actively try to get this and other "gun control" legislation passed and they were working at 10% efficiency, I'd support them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dsmith;
    Naturally,I realized that you were aware of what it took to hit with a shotgun.
    Newcomers need to be brought along in baby steps,tho..and its always best to get them out to the range to see for themselves what it is all about...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    At 7' I would say that your assailant is too close. I shoot 'defensive' targets at 7 yards. And at 7', even with a shotgun, you need to have it pointed/aimed "on target."

Seven feet is way too close if you hesitate, 'cause at that distance an attacker can cover that distance and disarm you before you can pull the trigger. Most law enforcement agencies teach that anything within 7 yds. is a total danger if you don't already have your firearm unholstered, safety off, and ready to fire. There is a term that they use, but it doesn't come to my mind right at the moment, though I am certain that someone else will fill in my blanks! LOL

Leighbear..welcome to the group. Go find you a nice little Mossberg in 20 gauge. Have someone teach you firearm safety and load it up with some #4 shot and blow the living daylights out of some tombstone targets and silhouettes. Have fun, but follow all the safety procedures. Learn how to clean and maintain the firearm, load and unload it, as needed, and have some fun.

John

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone here have a friend that is not imperfect? The NRA is such an imperfect friend, but overall it is still your friend. I hope no one would claim that overall the NRA is an enemy of pro-gun people. We progun people, with only a few exceptions, have been losing the gun rights war for a long time. We cannot afford to weaken or destroy any of the few friends we have. Instead we should spend our time and effort on strenghting the friends in whom we have more faith in than the NRA. But don't expend your valuable time and effort trying to damage one of the few friends we have.

• Options
    edited November -1
    You bet 7 feet is close.

Sometime drag out a measuring stick and a couple warm bodies..put them in a typical room..and measure the distance between them.

One should practice " Worse Case Scenerio",in a defensive manner..because if the perp is shot at 20 feet,the insane rules of tyranny will slam your butt in jail in a heartbeat...This in spite of the fact that an agile man can cross 20 feet before the 'average' joe...or joette...can make the mental connection.." He's REALLY
    COMING"...and pull the trigger...