In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Choosing your battles

2»

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I]
    OK, well I'm an idiot. I thought you meant my left hand. Man did I look like a * trying to shoot that way. Now I really am kind of excited I hit the board twice. This is going to be sooooooomuch easier. You know, I really like the Glock 17. I usually have a 33 rd. mag so the balance is beautiful. Also have an S&W 9mm. Cheap gun don't use it much. Noe the Beretta is heavier and the Magnum Research is much heavier, but when I knew I was going to be shootin' with my LEFT[B)]hand, I left it at home. Plus cost too damn much to shoot like that. ja, waz up?

ja, I bought "Unintended Consequences" it should be here Tuesday. Wednesday I head for the island of Kaua'i in Hawaii. one week, yeah baby. Last year I took my computer and actually it was nice to sit outside and dick around on it. I think I'll bring it again. I'll post some pix to make sure you're good'n jealous.
    There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comengetit
    Is your Mag Res a 44mag?
    You know if you learn to shoot at long range with a big handgun the wt is less than a long gun you can carry more ammo and use two hands when traveling .

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, it's the .50AE and she's a heavy bi**h. I'm a pretty strong guy and this thing wears me out. I've been thinking about trading it to a buddy for an AR-15 & Glock .40cal. I don't know what do you think? I don't really need it and if "THAT" time ever comes I'd like to have several AR-15's you know what I mean? I've been using it to hold out for 3 drops every night. Tonight I didn't last for jack, but I think that's just muscle transition.

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It takes time to build up and train your arm .
    You should try a good 44 mag. Big but not to big.[8D]
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootstright
    It takes time to build up and train your arm .
    You should try a good 44 mag. Big but not to big.[8D]

yea and the ballistics are so much better!!!! I have 8 right now in the safe. Love the 44.[:D]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For jaflowers- yeah, know what you mean- moved Colorado to Virginia- was used to measuring shots in Zip codes. Found me a coupla farmers here with LARGE bean fields, problems w/ goundhogs- made my manners to them- now have nice 600 meter range with self setting targets (GRIN)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Comengetit
    Maybe if you like AR's you should check out sum of the 308 cal. ones. You can also get them in short mags now .
    All you need is two AR's of each cal. , one to shoot and one for parts . Forget the 40

Are you up to 2 min. yet on the exercise for your arm .

The best shot almost always wins.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm up to 3:27 with the .50 heavy, my shoulder is on fire when I'm done. Considering I had 4 surgeries while I was with the A's & Indians, I think it's coming along well.

I really like the AR-15's they're so versatile, you can make them a pistol with ease and as far as .308's go I have 4. I have the rest of them just in case. You never know who you may have to arm in order to reach your objective. I just like being prepared. Besides it's kind of cool to look in the safes and it looks like a military armory. I have some I've never taken to the range. What I really want is the FN PS90 in full auto, but since that can't happen I'll take the semi and trigger rig it. The legal way of course.

canIplay.jpg

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'll stick with my 2 60 E3's, true G3 select and Russian AK select. G3 has 4th gen military night vis. that's part of my "OH CRAP" stockpile.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's one thing I need to add, a night vision scope. I have a really nice head mount night vision but the scope is a must. Those night vision binoculars are a must have as well, at least one pair per unit.

ja, that's some mighty heavy equipment isn't it? I mean you know, to be haulin' all at the same time?

I think a tear down sniper rifle is a neccessity as well. And of course the .50 BMG. You've got to have one or two per unit lest we forget communications, hand held long range walkie talkie's.
    One more thing, does everyone have IIIA body armor, Kevlar helmets, BDU's, and tactical vests. You can buy IIIA body armor on ebay for under $200. They won't stop rifle fire but they will stop most caliber handguns. With a thigh holster and a tactical vest you can comfortably carry 2 sidearms.

canIplay.jpg

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit

ja, that's some mighty heavy equipment isn't it? I mean you know, to be haulin' all at the same time?

Well hopefully I won't have to try and haul it if it comes time to use it. Overall I think I've got quite a bit of firepower plus alot of other unmentionable items so that I don't want to have to "give up ground". Would like to get a Barret 50 semi one day but some of my other stuff takes the place of that so it's not high on the priority list.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Someday we shall speak of our arsenals over a nice frosty beverage, or twelve. [;)][8D]

canIplay.jpg

• Options
    edited November -1
    Comengetit
    Sounds like you might make a handgun shooter yet.
    Whats with the gals pic on your post .
    You need gals with guns.

Randy Wever's law dog might be the one for your
    project. Can't remember his name.

I am going bird huntin.
    Keep up the fight.

check with you when I get done.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shootsright:
    If you have to ask "what's with the gals pic on your post" you may already be dead.[xx(] This is the finest photo I may have ever seen, brings a tear to my eye.[:p][:0][}:)]

What it really does is make me wish I were 21 again. WOW! This is going to be removed now, if you want it better get it, this is it. Good bye ladies.

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative