In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tyranny

amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
How would you recognize one?
If it snuck up over successive years, a sense of "normalcy" might prevent most people from noticing.

The greeks, contrary to popular belief, because of the foundations of democracy having been touted as being created by them, thought that democracy was the next to the last worst form of government.

They thought that in a society where everyone had a say in government, that many rights would be created that would result in contradictory effects furher resulting in confusions in the law. The assumption on their part is, that when it gets bad enough, that a politician will eventually make the statement that he will "Protect your rights."

According to the greeks, the thought is, that this person is the tyrant himself.

It probably is the case that once someone does come forward to "straighten things out", it probably would be a necessary condition that he would have to adopt tyrannical policies in order to do so.

Maybe a better question is: If a country is halfway there, how can one turn the path?

The duty to preserve one's self ought never be denied.

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by amsptcds
    How would you recognize one?
    If it snuck up over successive years, a sense of "normalcy" might prevent most people from noticing.

The greeks, contrary to popular belief, because of the foundations of democracy, thought that democracy was the next to the last worst form of government.

They thought that in a society where evryone had a say in government, that many rights would be created that resulted in contradictory effects resulting in confusions in the law. The assumption on their part is, that when it gets bad enough, that a politician will eventually make the statement that he will "Protect your rights."!

According to the greeks, the thought is, that this person is the tyrant himself.

It probably is the case that once someone does come forward to "straighten things out", it probably would be a necessary condition that he would have to adopt tyrannical policies in order to do so.

Maybe a netter question is: If a country is halfway there, how can one turn the path?

I got some news for yah, we are halfway there. It is slow transgression towards tyranny whereby the government slowly breaches each of our freedoms under the guise of laws and regulation. They use the propaganda machine to keep all of the sheeple nice and cozy with a warm fuzzy feeling about being an American and little do they know they are methodically being imprissoned. Law after law after law has a tendancy to break the spirit and the will of a large body of people, if done correctly it can have the effect of jaws waiting, waiting... and then suddenly SNAP! Before these dumb snits realize what has been going on they're all criminals by rights of the new and old laws that have been inacted to 'protect the people', my *, the only fading hope I have is that for the most part the government is stupid and maybe this is something they can't pull off. It will depend on the stupid people.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It seems to me that possibly the best plan of action other than a propaganda or informational effort, and perhaps after that intial wave or without it, is to find laws that abrogate other laws to the extent that they are a negation of constitutional law and pursue it to the supreme court.

I always thought that was sort of the job of the ACLU, but obviously it isn't. I think something happened to them after the 60's that made them tamer and appear more like some mere liberal enclave. And they have acted that way, after all.

I know that I am rather shooting my mouth off at the idea of pursuing things to the supreme court. I am suggesting that someone do what I cannot. I can't simply because I haven't the resources to sustain something like that. So I don't mean to sound hypocritical, I am simply suggesting a non violent method.

The Supreme Court is supposed to be the court that interprets, rather than makes, law. They test the constitutionality of issues. I think that there are probably many laws that would be negated by them upon interpretation, once they could get their hands on them through the procedural system.

Yet, it is true that someone has to go through the efforts or the laws cannot be tested. Then one still takes the chance that it gets thrown out on the grounds of "State's Issues". But one should not allow that presupposition to stop them from taking action, if they are able to.

It seems like one would get a better hearing, if they aren't there simply because they don't like the words "under God" in the pledge of allegiance. Only a person of specious mental ability would do that. It has to about very real and dangerous issues.

I wonder if the court could take petitions. Suppose there were 10 million signatures about some issue of gun laws. With all the accompanying media fanfare, pro and con, one would think that at least something would happen.

It just happens to be for me that my feelings are that it is the constitution itself that needs more protecting than we personally need. It seems like it is becoming obscured, as if it isn't as important as it ought to be.

Times change, certainly. People, in their real actions, generally do not change much. But objective and sound principles do not change at all. Objective and sound principles are written into ur constitution and its amendments. They are sound guidelines. If a populace becomes irrational and strays from its principles, it doesn't mean that the principles are any less valuable. It simply means, from one interpretation, that the society has lost its sense of proper value. It isn't a relative thing.

But if the changes are sneakily made, and no one notices because the values loosen up from generation to generation, they are more successful against reason than a sudden left turn is.

In another discussion area, it has already been covered that the propaganda machine, for lack of a better description, has been hard at work making normal american citizens shy about guns. Whenever there is a bad thing done with a gun, it gets magnified in the media. It is the same thing when child snatching is in the media, it seems like it is everywhere all at once, so we all ought to be fearful. But that is not real, it is imaginary. Yet some seem to take advantage of the fallacy to press the falsehood forward as truth.

That is how the masses get fooled. Engaging fear is an artful weapon.

How do we normally respond? By engaging in our own fear making. Its unproductive in its oriented results.

I'm convinced that the way back to center is a propaganda campaign coupled to legal remedies. The propaganda compaign, should indeed invoke fearful thoughts, but it has to be presented in such a way as people are facilitated to reaching their own conclusions which will match the biased direction of the campaign.

• Options
    edited November -1
    We've talked in here about a massive media blitz and possibly even attacking from the silver screen, there is interest but I don't think anyone really believes we can make a difference. I on the other hand DO think we can make a difference.

It is all perception that is fueling our demise. The media and the government shape our perceptions and then use them against us. Some people, very few, are able to read between the lines, others simply can not.This creates the nperfect battlefield for the Elites. We fight each other on who is right in their perception all the while they monitor that and use it as again yet another weapon. The greatest weapon in the world doesn't fire a single shot, it is the media.

Some guy sitting 40 stories up in a building in L.A. has the same feelings we do and the only reason he doesn't pursue it is because he would be crusified without the communities support. Right now he doesn't see it. Maybe we need to help him see it! That guy could be a corporate exec. at any publishing house or network, he wants to do it but is afraid to be a cowboy.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know what Robert Redford's stand is on the gun issue? If he were amenable, he would be a helpful contact.

Not that I know him, I just know that he is a rather independent type person.

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Democracy ?
    My understanding is that until 1925 or so, military officers were taught that Democracy was evil..as evil as Communism...As indeed it is.

This is a Republic...I mean, it was....

Half-way to tyranny ? I would laugh..but it would hurt too much.

No place on earth, and never in history, has a people been so controlled as us, the US citizen. The only thing missing is the iron fist...crushing dissent.
    Well..except for Waco, Ruby Ridge, and several other murders by the government of people promoting freedom....
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drop a frog into a pan of boiling water, and he will hop right out.
    Put him in a pan and "slowly" turn up the heat, and it's frog legs for supper.

The apathy of the American public will allow tyranny to overcome them before they lift a finger. Look how long it has taken people to realize that IRAQ was NEVER a threat to the U.S. as we were told by the elite, when first entering this war. Some of the people have YET to wake up, and still argue that we SHOULD be there. Of course the reasons have "officially" changed to humanitarian, and "free IRAQ" rhetoric. (don't get me wrong, I FULLY SUPPORT the soldiers, it's the leaders who sent them there, that I have a problem with)

Apart from the leaders, the main-stream media IS who is to blame. Of course they are being controlled with an iron thumb. "THEY" would not LET you try to UN-brainwash the sheeple.

As for the values loosening up from generation to generation. Look at what is on TV now. Look at the clothes, the language, the shows. Would the values assessed today be allowed 10-20-30 years ago? Anyone who would have even brought UP a show like the "gay guy in a straight guy" (or whatever the name is) would have been ran out of town on a rail, not so many years ago. Now it is being touted as decent moral behavior. [V]

Hate to use a bible reference, but it looks to be Sodom and Gomorrah all over again. And the sheeple love it.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Drop a frog into a pan of boiling water, and he will hop right out.
    Put him in a pan and "slowly" turn up the heat, and it's frog legs for supper.

The apathy of the American public will allow tyranny to overcome them before they lift a finger. Look how long it has taken people to realize that IRAQ was NEVER a threat to the U.S. as we were told by the elite, when first entering this war. Some of the people have YET to wake up, and still argue that we SHOULD be there. Of course the reasons have "officially" changed to humanitarian, and "free IRAQ" rhetoric. (don't get me wrong, I FULLY SUPPORT the soldiers, it's the leaders who sent them there, that I have a problem with)
    I am sure with you on that!

Apart from the leaders, the main-stream media IS who is to blame. Of course they are being controlled with an iron thumb. "THEY" would not LET you try to UN-brainwash the sheeple.
    I am as sure as you are that the mainstream psuedonazis would do the best they could. It will be like that * Cheney did during the last campaign; all he could do was call names like a 2 yr old, but the monkeys bought it.

As for the values loosening up from generation to generation. Look at what is on TV now. Look at the clothes, the language, the shows. Would the values assessed today be allowed 10-20-30 years ago? Anyone who would have even brought UP a show like the "gay guy in a straight guy" (or whatever the name is) would have been ran out of town on a rail, not so many years ago. Now it is being touted as decent moral behavior. [V]
    Pickenup, here's where I'll stick my neck out and tell you something REAL. I have color copies of articles from the late 70's early 80's about "Globalism", "Rockefeller" and etc. In one of these articles Brezinski (remember him?) spelled out using the media to undercut the morality of us citizens in one of the steps of the overall plan for globalization. Included of course, was the plan to gut the middle class. It is in print.
    ...The source? Don't laugh at me bud, cuz I used to read these in the field. (arty) It's Penthouse.
    ...Go ahead and snicker now... So anyway I remebered the articles. I kept one of the magizines with a prime article in it for years till my wife dumped it in a yard sale with all my old harley stuff. The articles were called: Cartergate: The Death of Democracy. There was that one and Cartergate II and Cartegate III and the other article that has vanished. The author was Craig S. Karpel
    ...I had another Penthouse, the one my wife lost that had an article in it about David Nelson Rockefeller dying at age 85 (I think) ODing on coke (heart attack) while having sex with an 18 yr old. That article told more distinctive things than the others and had the real plan laid out. Penthouse doesn't have it meaning that all the copies were bought out. Do you understand me?
    I am holding the other three articles right here at my desk.

Hate to use a bible reference, but it looks to be Sodom and Gomorrah all over again. And the sheeple love it.

• Options
    edited November -1
    amsptcds- You lost me on the Penthouse stuff. I get that you read it and what you read but what are you trying to say? I'm just a little lost here. Thanks.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, at least we understood that the military wasn't a democracy.. hehehe

Yeah it was supposed to be a republic. I think the "representative" democracy is actually an oligarchal aristocracy. Monied upper class.

I spent a lot of time in the Philippines in the 70's. Marcos was on tv constantly. The police all looked like military troops. They all had those crappy versions of the 15/16's.

In the neighborhoods, people even spoke in low tones, in their own homes, when mentioning Marcos. If company came over, he was not discussed. It was sort of like the reports from Cuba about neighborhood political narcs. Not very fun. You got used to the uneasy tension.

Things could get worse for us, very much so.

quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Democracy ?
    My understanding is that until 1925 or so, military officers were taught that Democracy was evil..as evil as Communism...As indeed it is.

This is a Republic...I mean, it was....

Half-way to tyranny ? I would laugh..but it would hurt too much.

No place on earth, and never in history, has a people been so controlled as us, the US citizen. The only thing missing is the iron fist...crushing dissent.
    Well..except for Waco, Ruby Ridge, and several other murders by the government of people promoting freedom....

• Options
    edited November -1
    "Thing could get worse for us, very much so."

And will. We are headed straight for that train at two-hundred miles an hour and it's headed for us twice as fast. That is going to make for one hell of a disturbance when they finally clash at six-hundred miles an hour. It's not so much the velocity as it is the sheer weight of that damn train.

We have been led on a journey, a magical journey to the bowels of hell. This government doesn't wish to be inconvenienced by the sheeple so what do they do about that? They shut us up and lock us away. Enjoy talking on this board because pretty soon the boisterous will start droping off like flies. Highball, jaflowers, myself, and others will disappear in a hurry. Being outspoken against tyranny is signing your own death warrant. Those who rock the boat will meet up with the jack-booted thugs. I just hope they send less than five after me. Four I can take in a hurry, it's that fifth guy that always confuses the plan, he never seems to fit into time coordinations. When you do a mental assessment of your surroundings you have only a split second and that fifth guy just doesn't compute, I don't know why.

It's coming to a theatre near you, you might want to start preparing for a quick evacuation. Unless, of course, you are just going to hand over your guns or play hide and seek. You lose on both of those options. Fight and then flee, it's the only hope.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    amsptcds- You lost me on the Penthouse stuff. I get that you read it and what you read but what are you trying to say? I'm just a little lost here. Thanks.

What I am trying to say is that there has been a concerted effort since the 1970's to gut the whole thing. meaning: our society in general. The game is about lowering american standards to that of what they thought of Europe then. They have gone to great lengths to keep it underground as much as possible.

What wasn't counted on was that Europe's standard of living would increase. Yet they are moving forward as if some old men want tosee it accomplished before they die. In other words they are pressing it.

When Clinton left office, he slapped the american globalists in the face. He locked up all those resources so that Bush would have to show himself and possibly expose others in the process. I do not know why Clinton isn't dead. I suppose he made peace afterwards.

I think that we are headed for thrid world status unless at least two things occur:
    1. Outsourcing stops.
    2. That those who are able, band together and formnew corporations that will not play ball with the old ones.

I mean that the vacuum that has been left by these american gutting outsourcing companies knew exactly what they were doing. The way to compete against them is to make competitive companies that will not play the union game. Meaning: American workers must take lower wages in order for us to all stay afloat. Every 20,000 "downsized" set of people cause a drain on the economy, and they can't help it. Other companies won't pay them what they originally were paid so many DO take lower paying jobs. But many do not. They have been forced into it by a nasty economic warfare game that is played out against the anerican people. It isn't about corporate profits as much as it seems.

Look at it all, all that has happened since GAT and Nafta. Even Clinton had a hand in it. George Bush senior's public statement: New World Order, was the buzz word.

That buzz word is in the articles that I mentioned. Research it yourself. I told the guy at Penthouse who is in charge of the archives that I was doing a college paper. I got what I was looking for except for the more key article.

Here is "Paul's" email address: <backissues@generalmedia.com> If you folow my lead and make discovery on your own, in other words verify me so that you won't doubt what I am saying, then I can tell you the "rest of the story" hehehe.

I'll tellyou this much...
    The missing article wa about, among many things, a new monetary unit called the euro. In 1979, it didn't exist. In 1980 it became a trading commodity. Soon after it was minted as a collectible gold coin. By the time I heard the word 'Euro' as the currency of Europe, I had already had 3 verifications of anotherpart of this plan. It was spooky.

I tended to just ignore it and forget about it for years, but then some public thing would come up that invoked it. When I heard Bush say that after the Gulf War, my hair stood up on the back of my neck.

I hadn't thought about it much until lately.

It makes me suspect that there isn't any president that doesn't play ball. I don't know what the truth of my statement is... I just have a "sneaky suspicion".

• Options
    edited November -1
    here's paul's phone number:

Please be advised that we only manage the Penthouse on line website. For back issue please call the following toll free number (888) 312-2225. Thank you.

Here's one for you: Google Craig S. Karpel

• Options
    edited November -1
    Not many (if any) members here have made any reference to The Trilateral Commission, who was funded by Rockefellers, their first director being Brzezinski. Which goes hand in hand with the Council on Foreign Relations.

You know, bringing up such topics could have the sheeple coming out of the woodwork calling you Chicken Little, or like names.

You want to talk about the list of who's who? Members of these two groups have been running the country since the 70's. Including the presidency. Carter, Reagan, pappa Bush, Clinton, baby Bush, all were members, and / or had a staff heavily weighted, consisting of The Trilateral Commission and / or the Council on Foreign Relations members. Do names like Alan Greenspan, Donald H. Rumsfeld, Colin L. Powell, Henry A. Kissinger, Walter Mondale, Madeleine Albright, Al Gore, Alexander Haig, George Shultz, Frank Carlucci, ring a bell? The list goes on, and on, and on.

Those who have not heard of these groups should educate themselves. They have an agenda, and it's working.

But it's OK, they are not out to get us. Got an extra tin foil hat? (or is that aluminum foil? Never can remember which one it is)

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hahaha,
    At least I am not the only person here that has heard about it.

I hear ya about the chicken little stuff.

The best way to spread misinformation is to make the claim "conspiracy theory". Trust me, I am well versed in the art of rhetoric. Liars, like lawyers love the enthememes.

But I am not so sure that they are not after us. I know not here, but circuitously. Gun control or elimination could only make it easier for them. I think aluminum foil works best, but I thought that was for hiding from flying saucers...

at least now I don't feel like a dog tryin to pass a peach seed.

Not many (if any) members here have made any reference to The Trilateral Commission, who was funded by Rockefellers, their first director being Brzezinski. Which goes hand in hand with the Council on Foreign Relations.

You know, bringing up such topics could have the sheeple coming out of the woodwork calling you Chicken Little, or like names.

You want to talk about the list of who's who? Members of these two groups have been running the country since the 70's. Including the presidency. Carter, Reagan, pappa Bush, Clinton, baby Bush, all were members, and / or had a staff heavily weighted, consisting of The Trilateral Commission and / or the Council on Foreign Relations members. Do names like Alan Greenspan, Donald H. Rumsfeld, Colin L. Powell, Henry A. Kissinger, Walter Mondale, Madeleine Albright, Al Gore, Alexander Haig, George Shultz, Frank Carlucci, ring a bell? The list goes on, and on, and on.

Those who have not heard of these groups should educate themselves. They have an agenda, and it's working.

But it's OK, they are not out to get us. Got an extra tin foil hat? (or is that aluminum foil? Never can remember which one it is)

• Options
    edited November -1
    On Coast to Coast right now,
    they are talking about the bird flu being a smoke screen for the "coming military take over and confiscation of all the guns".
    The coming police state.

don't know what to say...

• Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lincoln said: "Why should there not be a patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world?"
    First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861.

Said in the midst of the bloodiest conflict on American soil. Wait, be vigilant, we will survive and prosper.

We live in the healthiest, best fed, longest living and wealthiest generation in the worlds history. Why are we always looking for something to be afraid of?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ignoring the obvious, by burying your head in the sand, does not make the bad men go away.
    As you said, "be vigilant."

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ignoring the obvious, by burying your head in the sand, does not make the bad men go away.
    As you said, "be vigilant."

That's right, I think. And simple knowledge of your condition helps.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I believe that they have miscalculated the intensity and verocity to which SOME of the American people will fight this. They have to get the guns, without them it will never work. They know this and that's precisely why we have seen the slow calculated erosion of our second amendment rights. I still believe that letting the AWB sunset was a ploy to lure the hardcore into a state of security, a false state that is.

We had damn well better start organizing or it will be a long futile battle that we will eventually lose as we stand now.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Bad men have always been with us, so have the good, the patriotic and the brave.

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Comengetit: So who is "they". In a republic we are they. The AWB was sunsetted because it was a foolish law that served no purpose other than to take weapons out of the hands of law abiding citizens.
    No conspiracy, the pendulum just swung back to some common sense.

I say be vigilant, but don't make yourself crazy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot
    Comengetit: So who is "they". In a republic we are they. The AWB was sunsetted because it was a foolish law that served no purpose other than to take weapons out of the hands of law abiding citizens.
    No conspiracy, the pendulum just swung back to some common sense.

I say be vigilant, but don't make yourself crazy.

You're probably right Matchshot. It wasn't popular enough for congress to renew it. They must have received a lot of letters.

• Options
    edited November -1
    They, are the elites. The Free Mason's Society is one that I would like to investigate more. The AWB did have a very significant purpose, to slowly disarm the public, however, the backlash was extreme to what they had expected and thus they let it set. Look, if our gun rights are slowly eroded we, most of the gun owners- not I, will slowly accept the laws until it's too late.

The government knows they can't just wake up one day and say "OK, all guns are illegal, turn them in." They really would have a serious problem, not just with the public but with the military as well. Something that came across board that fast would give everyone cause for alarm, even the military troops. They would not respond to an order to confiscate guns. Now, if, on the other hand, they do it slowly they can paint whatever picture they want and the troops will respond because we will all be psycho-lunatics.

I don't let this consume me, I'm 41 without kids, but I do care about saving this country. Will I go down swinging? Without question. But, this is the only place besides my neighbors that I discuss this stuff. Any place else and they may call the little men in white coats to come and get me.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I wholly agree that we must fight the erosion of our liberties and the laws restricting our right to bear arms. I believe that the legislature is still the place to do it.

The Masons? They are so 1950's (and before). There was a time when being a Mason was a ticket to advancement in business, government, etc. Geo. Washington and many of the founding fathers were Masons. Now? An old mens' organization with crumbling buildings and declining membership as are the other fraternal organizations (elks, moose, Odd Fellows, etc.) I am sorry, but I have trouble believing in conspiracy theories, particularly with a government that can't do Social Security right and buys $600 hammers. There are more smart people outside of government than in it. There are also more people with guns outside of government than in it.

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "conspiracy theory" is a folk psychological term that has the primary purpose of discouraging people from looking any deeper.

Myself plus anyone else could "conspire" to do anything we want. No one would know. But that doesn't mean that we aren't conspiring. If suspected we could merely invoke the "conspiracy theory" in an effort to discredit anyone who thought they knew what we were up to.

When that journalist whose name I have forgotten, returned from Japan after having the Emperor personally show him the grand plan, there were the giggles of "conspiracy theory".

Maybe the opinion that the govt is trying to eliminate gun ownership is a "conspiracy theory".

Bin laden was behind 911, if we had all heard of it a year earlier, many people would have labelled it a "conspiracy theory".

Nope, its an over used and negatively directed term. It is a term meant to obscure. Didn't that phrase become popular around Nixon's time?

I suppose that when Mao was just a farm boy, his dream was a "conspiracy theory".

There are so MANY people in the world. Most left hands do not know what the right hand is doing. There is plenty of room in the world for multiples of conspiracies. The difference between a theory and its inception is the ability to carry it out.

Even Volker dislikes the globalists. In a recent book, he stated that he was thinking that the "great battle" will be between capitalists and democracy.

There are, on the other hand, people who are completely mentally unable to take information and collate it. People in my field call that "job security". hehehe

"Conspiracy Theory" is a phrase that denigrates it's user, as well as it's listener. It produces a cloud.

If at any time, you can admit the "possibility" of something, then there should be doubt in your mind for either side of an issue. Any time there is doubt, then there is good reason to investigate. So if you can admit the possibility of something, then there is good reason to investigate. (that is if it is an interesting or possibly dangerous subject)

• Options
    edited November -1
    Matchshot;
    Nice party line you put forth. I see it and hear it every time I listen to the news or the politicians spout forth their rhetoric.

Nothing to do with reality, tho.

We still have the government prying into decent citizens lives via the Patriot Act/20,00 gun laws/swat teams on every corner wearing black complete with military equiptment/65% taxation/...and politicians selling us into a third world nation as speedily as we the people will allow.

You suger coat it any way you need to so you can ignore the reality of a country moving into tyranny as sure as any Germany ever did.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Party line? Which party is that? Just got back from shooting at the range with a friend. 9mm, 38spl, .22 target pistol, we tore up some targets. On the way out picked up some extra boxes of ammo and looked at the new carbine I want to and will buy soon. My point in this is that there were a dozen other guys in this little range in a small town in So. Jersey on a rainy Thursday night and we were free to be there. Do I believe that there are those who would gladly take our rights away? I do. I also firmly believe that there are far more than you believe that would not submit and the powers that be know it. Even with 20,000 gun laws on the books and policemen dressed in black, we are a well armed, big country.

With high speed modems, cell phones, interstate car and plane travel government control is almost impossible. Central control has proven to be a pipe dream. The USSR is gone, Warsaw pack is too. China is on the brink of huge social change, they will all be free within a decade. Even the EU, that great monolith will crumble under its own wekght.

You can sit in your darkened imagination and fear what might be. Me, I think I will go and buy that new AR-15 I have always wanted and teach my kids to shoot.
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matchshot -

You can buy your AR-15 for AFTER you get permission from the State of New Jersey. So, it's not really up to you, is it? Is that freedom? Oh, and you better tell your kids not to talk about shooting in their government school - or else you may soon be visited by social services and/or you kids may doped up by the school nurse. Violent tendencies can't be tolerated at school after all . . .

I've read all of these posts, and all I can add is this: Only if you go by the assumption that the elites want and need to destroy this nation will the current state of affairs make sense. Either you believe this, or else you must follow the alternative that our leaders are unbelievably incompetent. Regardless of which pill you take, we are in very bad shape.

Tyranny? amsptcds - we are already there. Aside from some minor inconveniences and heavy taxes, the boot just hasn't stomped upon most of us yet. It will.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flat8
    Matchshot -

You can buy your AR-15 for AFTER you get permission from the State of New Jersey. So, it's not really up to you, is it? Is that freedom? Oh, and you better tell your kids not to talk about shooting in their government school - or else you may soon be visited by social services and/or you kids may doped up by the school nurse. Violent tendencies can't be tolerated at school after all . . .

I've read all of these posts, and all I can add is this: Only if you go by the assumption that the elites want and need to destroy this nation will the current state of affairs make sense. Either you believe this, or else you must follow the alternative that our leaders are unbelievably incompetent. Regardless of which pill you take, we are in very bad shape.

Tyranny? amsptcds - we are already there. Aside from some minor inconveniences and heavy taxes, the boot just hasn't stomped upon most of us yet. It will.

Perfectly stated! What we need to do as gun owners is not pay any taxes until the laws are repealed. There would be another 50-100 million who would join our cause by default. In other words, they would take advantage of our tax slight and our numbers would be artificially inflated. Not to mention that the IRS already has the job of hunting down 50 million a year that avoid paying their taxes, so it would put the government on supreme notice that we will have it our way and not the way of political assassins. You'll notice that the number 50 million is a number you probably have not heard, that is because if you knew that many people were not paying you may not pay either. The government keeps this from us for that very reason.

I can see Washington D.C. in flames from a terrorist attack and if and when it happens you will need your guns more than ever. Chaos will reign and protecting your family will be your sole responsibility. I don't think it has to hit D.C. for that to happen, a couple big cities at one time ought to do it also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot
    I wholly agree that we must fight the erosion of our liberties and the laws restricting our right to bear arms. I believe that the legislature is still the place to do it.
    Best joke I've read today. [:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm
    Just heard on the radio that a device for testing nuclear materials went missing yesterday at 2 pm. I didn't hear it all, I don't know if it is from San Onofre out here or not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If someone removed it how do they know it happened at 2PM? And if they know how is it that it is missing? Inquiring minds want to know[;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    If someone removed it how do they know it happened at 2PM? And if they know how is it that it is missing? Inquiring minds want to know[;)][:D]

You know... Like MANY things... I never heard a repeat on the radio news about it.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Matchshoot;
    Was already explained pretty good by Flat8;

However..I prefer my way.

You crawled on your belly to your master and begged him to allow you to have several guns. You jumped thru ALL the hoops he demanded of you.

Salve your sense of 'manhood' by calling 20,000 gun laws any thing you choose.
    The facts of reality are an ugly thing. The elites ALLOW you to have some guns...YET.

Merely admitting to YOURSELF even..that you are not a free man..is terribly liberating to your soul....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know at least that if I had done everything that mommy and daddy told me to do, I never would have had any fun....

• Options
    edited November -1
    ...and I had lots and lots of fun![:p][;)][8D]

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gifculpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball: I live in NJ and know for sure that the so-called elites are not able to conspire their way out of a paper bag. Our government, state and federal, is filled with incompetence. Used to do the permitting for chemical plants in the Northeast, met with USEPA, NJDEP and USArmy Corp of Engineers. Something about being in government, non-military service takes perfectly competent reasonable people and turns them into inefficiently slow moving slugs. Maybe there are some evil, brilliant conspiring puppeteers at the top somewhere pulling the strings. The strings they pull are attached to folks who are trying to do as little as possible and make to retirement.

Do I fear them? Yes I do but not for the same reason you do. The majority of people in this country are ignorant about guns and get most of their news from the major media, which for the most part, lies. They fear guns because all they know is what they hear in the media and scream to their congressmen or write to the editor of the paper. Laws are passed to sooth these irrational dolts and the majority of gun owners sit back. and allow more and more rights to be taken away. I actually agree with the fact that our rights are being curtailed which is why I am buying the AR-15 I have always wanted and the handguns I want along with lots of ammunition. The day is coming when I won't be able to buy them.

Do I fear jack booted thugs? No, though a minority, the number of households owning guns in this country is in the millions and the number of guns available are in the hundreds of millions. Not enough jack booted thugs to do it. Prohibition showed that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes indeed...government if FULL of incompetence. The entire apparatus is designed to appeal to and be run by idiots.

However.

Those are the very people that will not turn a hair to order or actually shoot to kill when the order is given.

Matchshoot; Understand, please...I am not trying to 'put you down'..nor merely trying to pick a fight. I am trying to waken you and every body else that will listen to the seriousness of the elites gone mad.

Trust me on this. If the government/media/military complex actually were doing the job we pay them for....common citizens demanding gun control would be branded the fools they are..and we would not be saddled with 20,000 gun laws.

No..they generate fear amoung the populace to serve their own ends.
    And, please...don't make so much of "So Many Guns in the Hands of Citizens"...because if the order came down to "Turn them in"...90 % would line up to turn them in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know it's sad but true........

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gifculpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball and others:

I do not take anything that we discuss as being picked on, this is a healthy discussion among folks who have a common interest and are fairly close on our view of the world.

Highball, I understand your point of view, my question is what do you suggest we do? (kinda rhymes doesn't it?) Is it every man for himself and head for the hills? Or, is it prepare the kids and wife for the impending battle where daddy will be gunned down before your eyes? I am not being sarcastic, that is kinda what I am hearing. In your view, are there no other options? Is legislative activism with GOA and NRA futile and dead?