In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA ..Enemy Within.

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
Without asking,and without permission, I snatched this from 'politics' because I think it may well be poofed over there..[:D]..and I figured it ought to be preserved..
(Done and did, Jp;)

To all NRA supporters...You enemy is within New Topic Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic
Send Topic to a Friend
Printer Friendly

Author Topic
ih8durst
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 3:29:50 PM

NRA Board Memeber & Texas Ranger on TV calls for limiting to 5 rounds

www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/jackson/jackson.asp

"personally, I think assault weapons have basically need to be in the hands of the military, and need to be in the hands of the police. As far as assault weapons to a civilian, it's alright if you get the mag capacity down to 5 rounds".

First he thinks ALL civilians should be limited to 5 rounds per weapon.... no matter what the weapon is.Second - he really doesn't think any civilian should be able to own assault weapons... and if they are allowed, they should also be capped to 5 rounds.

www.nrawinningteam.com/bios01/jackson.html

The enemy is within. This guy has been on the board of directors for the NRA since 2001 and is currently still on it... thanks to arfcom for digging this up.

gunownersofamerica

mcaso

USA
327 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 3:37:30 PM

Is that more writting on the wall?

Dak To 68
Advanced Member

USA
2700 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 4:12:47 PM

I didn't re-up this year for the first time since the '60s. Feel a little remorseful, but I'll get over it.

jpwolf

USA
1247 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 5:11:15 PM

The NRA has labeled themselves and been labeled by their "so-called" enemies as defenders of 2A. But 2A, to them, reads...
"A very expensive rifle, being necessary to the success of a big game hunt, the rights of a hunter to keep and bear arms that hold a limited number of rounds, shall not be infringed."
The NRA is the worst kind of enemy, the kind that poses as your friend. Traitorous scum!

Edited by - jpwolf on 08/13/2007 5:13:54 PM

Horney toad

1076 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 6:07:42 PM

Bet you don't see that on the NRA Webpage, screw that guy.

freemind

USA
275 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 7:55:16 PM

Oh wait till TRFox see this! I am sure he has a GOOD explaination and JUSTIFACATION as to why this move is right.

Fuggin NRA ..

lt496
Advanced Member

USA
2513 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 10:37:15 PM

Good post, but zero surprise with me.

The NRA as an organization has a long and sordid record, albeit not touted, of facilitation and outright support for gun control. This guy is indicative of that official position. This is of course the behind the scenes position, not the public position, waved around like a flag to entice ignorant members into continuing support for further gun control.

Pathetic.

Mr. Gunz

USA
1312 Posts
Posted - 08/13/2007 : 10:50:13 PM

Tell everyone you know!!

SCorvers

USA
924 Posts
Posted - 08/14/2007 : 3:30:36 PM

And what have you done for gun rights lately?

I smell trolls.

Colonel Plink
Advanced Member

4242 Posts
Posted - 08/14/2007 : 4:18:07 PM

Well, bummer. Most of my handguns are six-shooters.

So I'd have to leave one chamber unloaded?

Horse Piffle.

jpwolf

USA
1247 Posts
Posted - 08/14/2007 : 7:42:38 PM

quote:

I smell trolls.

I smell REALITY!!!!!

What has the NRA done for gunrights lately?

The answer is NOTHING!

However, they do support gun control all the time, so apples to apples, what have you done for gun control lately, besides giving money to these backstabbing traitorous pigs?

lt496
Advanced Member

USA
2513 Posts
Posted - 08/14/2007 : 9:20:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SCorvers

I smell trolls.

You don't smell things very well at all. This issue is an open book for anyone to see, anyone not too lazy or apathetic to actually look that is.

I guess it is easier to call someone a troll than gather facts.

Highball
Advanced Member

8009 Posts
Posted - 08/14/2007 : 11:10:48 PM

quote:
SCorvers

USA
924 Posts
Posted - 08/14/2007 : 3:30:36 PM

I smell trolls.

I have educated those smart enough to understand the facts...and pissed off the hopelessly stupid...those still sending bucks to a Anti-Gun organization like the NRA.
Course..all you anti-gunners..comfortable crawling on your bellies to beg daddy for a gun.....and content having slimy politicians and NRA supporters take away your sacred Rights, One bite at a time...owning guns to you is just like owning a speedboat...something to brag about.

"Defense against Tyranny" is meaningless to your type...

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Thanks highball. Too bad you couldn't just copy and paste the whole thread and we could pick up here, where we left off there.
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball:

Thanks for the post!! Your SOooo.... Anti-NRA!!! Have you sent this to GOA?

Can't wait to here what tr's response will be.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

"personally, I think assault weapons have basically need to be in the hands of the military, and need to be in the hands of the police. As far as assault weapons to a civilian, it's alright if you get the mag capacity down to 5 rounds".

First he thinks ALL civilians should be limited to 5 rounds per weapon.... no matter what the weapon is.Second - he really doesn't think any civilian should be able to own assault weapons... and if they are allowed, they should also be capped to 5 rounds.

I'll comment with a couple of quotes, I think the names of authors and their historical influence speaks for itself:

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State"

-- Heinrich Himmler

"Education is dangerous - Every educated person is a future enemy"

-- Hermann Goering

So, are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WW;
    The original information came from GOA.
    The rest is merely our usual embellishments..both Second Amendment supporters...and those who are not.
    One thing about it...it is high time we istinguish...BLUNTLY...between
    those that support federal intervention into our Rights...and those that do NOT.
    We need to understand for damn sure that those supporting federal controls are supporting tyranny....and I care not that they throw about lofty ideas about 'saving one child'..nor the tired old bullsnit about 'Joe down the street isn't capable of owning firearms'...
    There IS no better indicator about a persons ability to reason then to find out where they stand on gun control...
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    So one board member of the NRA says something stupid about gun/gun rights that you don't like and you jump from that to condeming the ENTIRE NRA?

What primitive logic. Continue to judge everything and everybody by the same logic and soon you will be against everyone/every organization. I notice no one here made even one contructive suggestion of what could/should be done about this idiot. Flood NRA with complaints, members try to do a recall of the boardmember, make sure that idiot board member is voted out next election, etc.

No, all I have read is everyone just plain condemning the ENTIRE NRA.

The KKK was a white organization that did some evil things. I believe that most of us here are white. Maybe we should all be condemned because of the KKK?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    So one board member of the NRA says something stupid about gun/gun rights that you don't like and you jump from that to condeming the ENTIRE NRA?

What primitive logic. Continue to judge everything and everybody by the same logic and soon you will be against everyone/every organization. I notice no one here made even one contructive suggestion of what could/should be done about this idiot. Flood NRA with complaints, members try to do a recall of the boardmember, make sure that idiot board member is voted out next election, etc.

The KKK was a white organization that did some evil things. I believe that most of us here are white. Maybe we should all be condemned because of the KKK?

The KKK contributes NOTHING positive into our society. The NRA contributes nothing positive to the constitution. Both organizations should be condemed.

You are trying to make a stretch that "whitey" should be condemed for an organization's woos. Gun owners should not be condemed because of the NRA, only it's membership, because of its continueous support of an anti-constitutional organization.

P.S. that logic of the rouge member is the mainline of its directors. Are you screaming from the rooftop to remove all of them too? How many are YOU trying to get booted? Just admit you are satisfied with the NRA at it's current state. You prove it with every post.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The sad fact is, Tr believes firmly in gun control..so he is right at home with the NRA.
    After years of debate, and endless facts presented...one cannot bring everybody to a position of belief in the Constitution.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You say "one board member." Did you miss the part about him being a member of the BOARD? not just a member of NRA. He's a LEADER. The BOARD sets the policies etc. Board members become president of the organization.
    What does race have to do with anything?
    If you're a member of the KKK, then you probably support what the KKK "board of poobahs" promotes. The organization is judged by its leadership.
  • Options
    Marke64Marke64 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please bear with me as I am new to this forum. I recently completed a Four Day Defensive Handgun training course at Front Sight in Nevada. It seems to me that Front Sight is very focused on preserving our right to bear arms and makes it clear they mean all firearms not just something that will kill a rabbit. I think these are the folks who are making an impact on the subject and warrent our support.

Does anyone else have an opinion on Front Sight?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haven't heard fo those guys, but if they are no compromise, they are A-ok. Here In CO it's RMGO, closely associated with GOA. I am a life member of RMGO and proud of it. You should be proud of your organization. If you have to defend what they are doing, it's a good indication of a big problem. NRA is for gun control, NOT gun rights.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marke64
    Please bear with me as I am new to this forum. I recently completed a Four Day Defensive Handgun training course at Front Sight in Nevada. It seems to me that Front Sight is very focused on preserving our right to bear arms and makes it clear they mean all firearms not just something that will kill a rabbit. I think these are the folks who are making an impact on the subject and warrent our support.

Does anyone else have an opinion on Front Sight?

Does the "Front Sight" that you went to have anything to do with USPSA, IPSC? That is the name of the mag they put out.

Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    Marke64Marke64 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I gather Front Sight was created by Dr. Ignatius Piazza after some scum bags shot up his neighborhood, www.frontsight.com has more info. I was ivited by a friend to go to the 4 day course. It was by far the best time and training I have ever received. The complex is out in the desert, is something like 550 acres and is dedicated to firearms training. They train civilians as well as LEO's and Military to win a gun fight if you find yourself in one. You can buy a membership and take courses as many times as you like during your life time. They seem to me like a no B.S. no compromise deal, as they have courses in hand gun, rifle, shotgun, uzi and select fire M16 as well as hand to hand and edged weapons. I really think these are the guys to throw our weight behind. Dr. Piazza is one smart cookie, for example he only grants interveiws to the media after they take a course, that way they gain a perspective of guns and defense and the second amendment from our point of view. Check'em out, I would like to hear your opinions.

Mark
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Marke64;
    Welcome aboard.
    Have read about Front Sight. Mostly 'writer' stuff..unreliable.

When in doubt about a persons' support for the Second Amendment...ask them if they support ANY federal gun control laws.

An answer in the affirmative reveals ignorance of the Constitution...or outright gun control support.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I guess that fellow would not like my latest purchase![}:)]
    RRA AR-15, and have already ordered extra 30 round mags, and just finished ordering 1000 rounds of ammo, before the rifle even gets here.
    As I have said before, I am finished with NRA,.........I am sick of that wimp "LaPierre", and the other mugs having there pics taken getting their latest "gifts" from the manufacturers constantly.
    About a month ago, I received what I hope to be my last call from the ILA division.
    I told them to basically "go screw themselves", and told them to quit calling me, or I would file a complaint.
    They are a bunch of old "stuffed suits", and I am done with them.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    LKB3rdLKB3rd Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I agree with the first part of your point, but the KKK comparison holds no water unless you change it to say that all MEMBERS and supporters of the KKK should(or shouldn't) be grouped in. Just like all whites are not KKK members, all gun owners are not NRA members.
  • Options
    gunnyhoney1gunnyhoney1 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    all i can say is buy now before its to late. you know its eventually going to happen sooner or later. we are losing more rights everyday and have almost no say in politics or how it is altered. if billary gets in office or any other democrat thay already said going to renew the ban and make it permanant further strengthing their power to take more away from you. i love my country and served it, but what it is becoming makes me wonder we are getting more communist or marxist in washington everyday. the time to make a stand is in the near future and until that day it will worsen more and more. the people at some point will say enough is enough and time to clean house.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are living under a system of government today that dictates if you contributed money to an organization that later funneled that money to a 'terrorist cell'...YOU are as guilty as the guys planting death-dealing devices.
    Friends...I view ANYBODY in the government..OR their supporters...attempting to limit MY freedoms and Rights as FAR MORE DANGEROUS then some splinter group with their isolated incidents of mayham.

Therefore...with much better logic then TRs'...the compromisers and Quislings and outright sold out are a far greater threat then ANYTHING conjured up by the KKK,the sand dwellers, or the punk down the road...ALL of which will cease to be a problem, starting on the day the heavy boot of tyranny lifts off my neck....
    The punks and the violent,permanently...and the Quislings and compromisers will be shamed into shutting the f### up as they are revealed to all as the cowards and sell-outs they are.
  • Options
    Travis SnowTravis Snow Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just like to say i've never believed in the NRA, and i'd like to see them try to take guns away violence would be way up and there would be a few people trying to take guns away from me that would end up as lawn ornaments for the next
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Travis Snow
    Just like to say i've never believed in the NRA, and i'd like to see them try to take guns away violence would be way up and there would be a few people trying to take guns away from me that would end up as lawn ornaments for the next

Every month you very own govenment lies to you, cheats you, over taxes you, tricks you, gives your hard earned tax money to people who don't deserve it, uses government to reward their friends and cronies, and on and on. Yet you apparently quietly take such criminal behavior, of your own government, directed at you and other citizens.

Yet you loudly brag about how you will fight to their death (their's or your's) if the govenment tries to take your guns. The government is already royally screwing you, how come you haven't started that fight already? Seeing as how you are so anxious for a fight and all.

In regards to your not likeing or trusting the NRA, that is your free choice. But please tell us what you DO ACTUALLY DO in an effort to perserve our gun rights. How DO YOU spend your time, money and effort trying to help other pro-gun people save our guns rights?

Or do you only post on the internet?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its all about the money...
  • Options
    woodmaster9woodmaster9 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be completely impossible for an organization to exist where everyone completely agreed with ALL the policies and actions. I don't think the NRA as a whole shares the view of this Ranger. I don't know if he's still on the board but the link provided indicated that his term ran out in 04.

One thing I do know... I don't see anyone else working as hard to preserve 2nd rights. I know there are other groups. I am a Life member of the 2nd Amendment Foundation, Life member of Gun Owners, Life member of CCRKBA. These are great organizations but they simply do not have the membership of the NRA. They do not have the clout of the NRA. And they do not have the resources of the NRA.

I believe that strength comes in numbers. There are roughly 80 - 90 million gun owners in the US. There are about 4 million NRA members. If only one in four of these 80 million were NRA members, and voted "Freedon First", I don't think that we would ever hear the words "gun control" again- simply because politicians would know that this is the phrase that ends politcal careers. The only way we will keep our rights is to stick together.

Woodmaster9
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Woodmaster;
    Welcome.

I have absolutely no problem "Sticking together".

Now...will you agree that the Second Amendment confers absolutely no power..nor room..for the Federal Government to interfere with the free movement of firearms ? That "Shall not be infringed" precludes 20,000 odd gun laws in this country ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Highball!
    If I understand your question correctly, I have to say it's a tough one, indeed. Everything in me wants to say yes.... I think that we should be able to own any firearm we want..... as long as they are not used in a criminal manner or to interfere with the rights of others. But then that very phrase "as long as they are not used in a criminal manner or to interfere with the rights of others." is where some of the laws and regulations come in.

Don't get me wrong. Many, if not most, of the gun laws are completely asinine and ridiculous. For example, why can I not cut the stock and barrel of a rifle or shotgun but I can by a pistol that shoots the same ammo? Remember the Clinton ban? (which, by the way, would have been extended and made permanent had it not been for the NRA) I can't have an ar-15 because it has a bayonet lug and a pistol grip, but a mini-14 is ok.????

On the other hand, if there were absolutely no gun laws or regulations other than the words of the 2nd amendment, then it would be legal for convicted murderers, rapists, and robbers to own guns, too.

I suppose this is the tip of the iceberg of where the arguments and disagreements begin. Where do we draw the line? If you are an honest, hard-working, law-abiding man, then I'm quite sure you do not want these felons lawfully possessing arms. But at the same time, I'm sure the murderers and rapists would argue that it is their right. Unfortunately our government and left-wing politicians respond to a dilemma like this by wanting to take guns from everyone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, Woodmaster..that is a reply to the question....and your concerns are very real.

Let me attempt to address them.

The proper response to criminal acts is to punish the CRIMINAL...not 10's of millions of free citizens..and NOT contravening the Constitution.

Commit a violent crime where people are killed or severely injured..the perp OUGHT to be tried, convicted, and EXECUTED.all within a few short months. Sorta like the government did to McVey.hmmm ?

Criminals that commit slightly less vicious crimes OUGHT to be locked up doing HARD time for whatever period of time deemed necessary..them released and HANDED BACK THEIR .45..as they walk out the prison door.."They Paid Their Debt to Society"..Do you remember hearing those words, once long ago ?

Taking away a mans' right to defend himself is continuing punishment forever.and such a man has no real incentive to `go straight'.
    Given that there are people that could never be trusted..those people ought to spend the rest of their life behind bars.

"Fixing" crime by punishing free citizens is insanity of the highest order..but crime has NOTHING to do with the efforts of the Elites to restrict guns..subjugating free citizens being their main plan.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think we're on the same page, Highball.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Woodmaster;
    I on first glance appear to be slightly insane...or maybe totally...to most decent, 'sensible' people.

The reason is simple. The media, the government, big business and the Elites in this country are working over time dumbing down the populace...preparing the masses for total government control.

Decent folks, living their lives and enjoying their children and activities CANNOT comprehend the evil that those in power gravitate towards..as the power rots their minds.

Only after you start comparing what the Founders said, and where they wanted to direct this country towards...the MAXIMUM amount of freedom to each citizen..that in cases of a conflict between government and citizen..the CITIZEN gets the benefit of the doubt..do you began to realize just how far towards tyranny we have moved.

Therefore.I am abrupt..abrasive..and inflammatory.

Those able to actually attempt to throw off the shackles of the endless propaganda machine began to think about what I say.

Those not able to...or Quislings ... attack me personally and viciously. Others merely confirm in their own minds that indeed I AM insane.
    I believe in personal responsibility..that you do NOT punish tens of millions of honest, decent folks for the misdeeds of the few..and I find those agreeing with that scnerio of guns laws to be the insane...or mentally challenged individuals in this country.

High time for those of us calling ourselves Second Amendment supporters to actually SUPPORT the Second Amendment..and call attention to the 4 million pound Gorrilla in the room that DOESN'T support that document...and the gun-owning Anti-Gunners among us.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball,
    I don't think you're insane. Like myself, your are one that believes individuals should be held accountable for their actions and should be responsible for their own lives. Nowadays, everyone wants to blame their problems and faults on others.... and pass their responsibilities to the govt.

Politicians feed on this. That's why welfare exists. You won't work and feed your family??? Here, we'll feed them for you- They are in effect buying votes. I'm sure this man will vote for the politician that promises the most (free) stuff.

It's all a vicious circle. Guns are an issue because they are a threat to these tyrant bureaucrats. It is much easier to control a disarmed populace. Of course, we all know that Hitler started by disarming the public.

Younger people do not understand because, first of all, they can't imagine living in a society like communist Germany. They think that something like that could never happen here. Secondly, they are brainwashed and lied to by the liberal, government-run school systems. These schools conveniently omit many of the important details of history and "train" our kids to live in a liberal society.

And it's not just about guns. It's every facet of life. A couple of years ago my daughter graduated high school. The cermony took place in a government-owned (I should say taxpayer-owned) arena, not on school property. At the graduation, they were actually searching women's purses as they entered the building. What the hell ever happened to illegal search and seizure? I do not know whether they were looking for weapons or simply someone trying to bring in their own snacks... but it doesn't matter. It made me mad as hell to see this happen. (I'm thankful that they didn't try to search me because I probably would have been kicked out when I refused!) What ticked me off even more than the search itself was the way every single woman willingly complied. I didn't see a single one even question the request. It just didn't seem to be a big deal to them. I remember thinking... do you realize how many men have died defending your rights and freedoms? This is the perfect example of the dumbing down that you were talking about.

My friend, I could go on and on but I just wanted to respond. You are not insane. You are 100% right. I just wish there were some way to bring our society back to the ideals and morals of 50-100 years ago.
  • Options
    511pe511pe Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must contribute to this forum. Chaos is the enemy of order it brings fairness. It's a balance one keeps the other in check. High cap weapons are our new culture of guns. We aren't a nation under God. N.R.A. is strong, like religious corruption if we need to split into other groups and share a common goal it may be needed to brake up corruption. And how can a polition take on so many groups at one time when they'll gang up on them. Or do we need one organizetion to make our decisions for us? So is it better to surround your enemy or let them have one clear shot at their target?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm.....

I know what you mean[?][?][?].
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodmaster9
    I think we're on the same page, Highball.

make that 3 of us..
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woodmaster;
    I on first glance appear to be slightly insane...or maybe totally

The reason is simple.

Correct.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    Scott7891Scott7891 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woodmaster;
    I on first glance appear to be slightly insane...or maybe totally...to most decent, 'sensible' people.

The reason is simple. The media, the government, big business and the Elites in this country are working over time dumbing down the populace...preparing the masses for total government control.

Decent folks, living their lives and enjoying their children and activities CANNOT comprehend the evil that those in power gravitate towards..as the power rots their minds.

Only after you start comparing what the Founders said, and where they wanted to direct this country towards...the MAXIMUM amount of freedom to each citizen..that in cases of a conflict between government and citizen..the CITIZEN gets the benefit of the doubt..do you began to realize just how far towards tyranny we have moved.

Therefore.I am abrupt..abrasive..and inflammatory.

Those able to actually attempt to throw off the shackles of the endless propaganda machine began to think about what I say.

Those not able to...or Quislings ... attack me personally and viciously. Others merely confirm in their own minds that indeed I AM insane.
    I believe in personal responsibility..that you do NOT punish tens of millions of honest, decent folks for the misdeeds of the few..and I find those agreeing with that scnerio of guns laws to be the insane...or mentally challenged individuals in this country.

High time for those of us calling ourselves Second Amendment supporters to actually SUPPORT the Second Amendment..and call attention to the 4 million pound Gorrilla in the room that DOESN'T support that document...and the gun-owning Anti-Gunners among us.

Your not insane. Your an American. A REAL American. An American who sees through the BS. I totally agree with you 100%. You are speaking to the choir.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodmaster9
    Highball,
    I don't think you're insane. Like myself, your are one that believes individuals should be held accountable for their actions and should be responsible for their own lives. Nowadays, everyone wants to blame their problems and faults on others.... and pass their responsibilities to the govt.

Politicians feed on this. That's why welfare exists. You won't work and feed your family??? Here, we'll feed them for you- They are in effect buying votes. I'm sure this man will vote for the politician that promises the most (free) stuff.

It's all a vicious circle. Guns are an issue because they are a threat to these tyrant bureaucrats. It is much easier to control a disarmed populace. Of course, we all know that Hitler started by disarming the public.

Younger people do not understand because, first of all, they can't imagine living in a society like communist Germany. They think that something like that could never happen here. Secondly, they are brainwashed and lied to by the liberal, government-run school systems. These schools conveniently omit many of the important details of history and "train" our kids to live in a liberal society.

And it's not just about guns. It's every facet of life. A couple of years ago my daughter graduated high school. The cermony took place in a government-owned (I should say taxpayer-owned) arena, not on school property. At the graduation, they were actually searching women's purses as they entered the building. What the hell ever happened to illegal search and seizure? I do not know whether they were looking for weapons or simply someone trying to bring in their own snacks... but it doesn't matter. It made me mad as hell to see this happen. (I'm thankful that they didn't try to search me because I probably would have been kicked out when I refused!) What ticked me off even more than the search itself was the way every single woman willingly complied. I didn't see a single one even question the request. It just didn't seem to be a big deal to them. I remember thinking... do you realize how many men have died defending your rights and freedoms? This is the perfect example of the dumbing down that you were talking about.

My friend, I could go on and on but I just wanted to respond. You are not insane. You are 100% right. I just wish there were some way to bring our society back to the ideals and morals of 50-100 years ago.

I am young (20) and I have gone through the same school system and now I am in that same liberal mindset at college. I used to be the same way but last year I started to wake up and I finally have seen the light. I am a history major and I know all too well what is going on. People of my generation are too out of touch with reality. People chastise me for being a history major saying, "What are you going to do with it?" I tell them (regarding myself) simply not to be an ignorant boob. Don't fret. Not all of us are dumb and ignorant there is still hope. I now own many a firearms, the military surplus kind, and I refuse to support a hypocritical organization that is the NRA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ah, Scott..I am well aware of my mental state...but thank you, anyway. Welcome to the forum..and congratulations on being so young.and smart enough to actually look critically at the daily doses of propaganda spewed out by the Elitists.

Those that feel I am unbalanced are those supporting the tyrannical government we are living under..either they benefit directly by receiving monthly sums for their living.or they have learned how to work the system so that they themselves achieve power or their snout is deeply buried in the public trough in some way.

In any case..they trouble me not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Those that feel I am unbalanced are those supporting the tyrannical government we are living under..either they benefit directly by receiving monthly sums for their living.or they have learned how to work the system so that they themselves achieve power or their snout is deeply buried in the public trough in some way.

100% positively the whole truth!!!!!!!

And yes, welcome scott. Your beliefs, especially at your age, make you even more of an anathema than us. Welcome!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote:Those that feel I am unbalanced are those supporting the tyrannical government we are living under..either they benefit directly by receiving monthly sums for their living.or they have learned how to work the system so that they themselves achieve power or their snout is deeply buried in the public trough in some way.

100% positively the whole truth!!!!!!!

And yes, welcome scott. Your beliefs, especially at your age, make you even more of an anathema than us. Welcome!

Thank you. I have already bought one firearm on this site and have already bidded on another.
  • Options
    762yrass762yrass Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless you have productive citizens without criminal records willing to petition the laws, nothing will change. get 10,000 people productive citizens without criminal records to bo a walk for rights supporting the 2nd amendment... all must me armed with high cap mags/sawed off shot guns/short barreled AR15's etc. walk with picket sighns stating clearly and politely that "we the people will not be dissarmed and have the right by way of the constitution, to keep AND BARE ARMS" IF THE MASSES MOVE the government will follow, as we are the people that work and provide for them. they will not imprison 10,000 people.
    Just my opinion.
  • Options
    swifteagleswifteagle Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm an NRA member & feel that overall the the good the NRA has done such as overcoming the anti-gun folks to get "shall issue" in many states, "castle doctrine" in many states, etc as well as the hundreds of gun control bills that they've helped defeat overcome any of the things they've done that have hurt us. I feel that if the NRA did not exist, we'd be much worse off than we currently are. I personally blame the left wing media & anti-gun folks as well as those in our country that are not willing to invest the time it takes to get educated about the myths, lies, and propaganda that the anti's put out on a daily basis. My own dad fell for the "nobody needs an assault weapon" ploy without even understanding what was being banned by that terrible Clinton legislation. The NRA helped defeat the efforts to renew that ban by the way.

That said, I do respect the rights of those who wish to disagree. I'll just agree to disagree as we do still live in a free country thanks to those of us who still have our guns.

If anyone is interested, that board member (Joaquin Jackson) has actually explained what happened to him at the interview - follow the following two links to find out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAX9E-erB_w

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=9899
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I personally blame the left wing media & anti-gun folks as well as those in our country that are not willing to invest the time it takes to get educated about the myths, lies, and propaganda that the anti's put out on a daily basis. My own dad fell for the "nobody needs an assault weapon" ploy

"invest the time it takes to get educated about the myths, lies, and propaganda "

Does that include the myths lies and propaganda the NRA puts out. They are a hypocritical bunch at best, traitors at worst. Apparently investing time doesn't apply to you.

"My own dad fell for the "nobody needs an assault weapon" ploy "

He shares common ground with the NRA then.