In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do you fear the U.S. Government ?

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
http://www.lewleadbeater.com/Roosevelt.htm

The evolution of rampant gun laws that restrict private ownership has made me and my friends very concerned about our future well being.
I don't lay awake at night wondering if the troops are going to storm my house.
However, the concern and uneasy feelings are present that our government/military/police individually or as a whole could form raids on private citizens.

Do I have some kind of Government paranoia or are there others out there with concerns like mine ?

Do you fear the U.S. Government ?
Abort Cuomo
«1

Comments

  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I will fear our federal, state, city and county governments until they firmly learn that, in America, government is the servant of the people.

    People are NOT the servant of the government.
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you crazy?? Of course not!!! I have full faith and confidence in MY government. An admission of that kind could now be grounds for a diagnosis of schizophrenia, paranoia or some other exotic mental deficiency. Not that that could make a difference in my answer.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,845 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The article you site, written in 2004, did not take into consideration any of the following, that Bush has since signed into law.

    He signed the, "Military Commissions Act of 2006" into law, the same day he signed the, "John Warner National Defense Authorization Act of 2007"

    Basically dismantling both posse comitatus, and habeas corpus in the same day.

    Then he signed in this one, along with MANY more examples, including some REALLY scary executive orders.
    "National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive"

    No, you are NOT alone in your fear of our government.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,845 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oops,
    I mean.......
    What Wagon Wheel said.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,725
    edited November -1
    Never confuse paranoia with actually understanding what is happening.
  • The DutchmanThe Dutchman Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course not...and you can't prove otherwise since I am wearing my foil hat.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not fear it, but I do disrespect it.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    NY,
    You are not paranoid. You are aware and UNDERSTAND just exactly what those in power COULD do if they choose to. And belive me, SOMEDAY they will choose to. ANY laws the powers that be pass, are not going to benefit the people, they will benefit those that pass them. There is a GREAT need to return personal responsibility to the PEOPLE.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for the friendly replys.........

    Do you think the Government fears the People ?
    Abort Cuomo
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nyforester:quote:Thank you all for the friendly replys.........

    Do you think the Government fears the People ?NO! And they have no respect for us or OUR Wishes either!!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Do you think the Government fears the People ?
    Just a little..as of yet. Otherwise, they would be moving faster then they are.

    We are approaching rapidly the 'break-over' point, I believe..where those who would fight are getting too old to be an effective fighting force.
    Meanwhile, the Beast grows ever stronger..giving its killers ever increasingly deadly weapons...and restricting and drying up effective
    weapons to citizens.

    They believe that the end game is in sight..but they must keep us appeased another 10 years or so.
    Were they to kick it off today, we would still win..there are enough of us left that remember how to fight they could not beat us..but freedom grows ever more weaker in the hearts of the people that live here.

    There can be absolutely no doubt in the mind of a man that CLEARLY thinks about the direction this country is headed..that being an all-powerful Beast ready, willing, and able to destroy you and yours without compunction, without compassion, and with no recourse.

    No Constitution, No Bill of Rights, No God...and no hope.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess it isn't paranoia if they really are out to get you...
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:Do you think the Government fears the People ?
    Just a little..as of yet. Otherwise, they would be moving faster then they are.

    We are approaching rapidly the 'break-over' point, I believe..where those who would fight are getting too old to be an effective fighting force.Meanwhile, the Beast grows ever stronger..giving its killers ever increasingly deadly weapons...and restricting and drying up effective
    weapons to citizens.

    They believe that the end game is in sight..but they must keep us appeased another 10 years or so.
    Were they to kick it off today, we would still win..there are enough of us left that remember how to fight they could not beat us..but freedom grows ever more weaker in the hearts of the people that live here.

    There can be absolutely no doubt in the mind of a man that CLEARLY thinks about the direction this country is headed..that being an all-powerful Beast ready, willing, and able to destroy you and yours without compunction, without compassion, and with no recourse.

    No Constitution, No Bill of Rights, No God...and no hope.


    I have a few, and know many teen-agers and young adults in their 20's that will stand next to me and fight to the end.....if need be.
    It is just a matter of education and training, and I hope the elders have been doing their jobs !!!!!!!!!
    I have !!
    Abort Cuomo
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    Thank you all for the friendly replys.........

    Do you think the Government fears the People ?


    Fear a revolt? No.
    Fear getting voted out? Maybe.

    I belive their fear is limited to not getting their pork projects passed. Fear of not getting enough "grease" in their OWN filthy pockets.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it bleeds, you can kill it
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    If it bleeds, you can kill it


    Never trust anything that bleeds for more than 7 days straight and does not die...
  • LKB3rdLKB3rd Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I definitely fear them. They clearly have interests in mind other than mine, and they seem to have lots of criminal buddies working together in their assault against my liberty, my money, and pretty much everything that is important to me as a regular middle class American. I am the enemy to these people.
    They prop up the bogeyman Osama Bin-Laden every time they want to scare the sheeple into accepting more limits to our freedoms, yet let him go scot free. Why do they insist we must give up OUR liberties because a guy they aren't chasing hates us for them? I guess if we eliminate our liberty, they will have nothing to hate us for.
    If they succeed in banning the individual right to keep and bear arms we are in big trouble, because that is about the only reason they have left to fear us and restore balance. Voting doesn't work, they smear and destroy anyone who doesn't go along with their program, after presenting us with numerous candidates pre-selected by the media and the parties to further their agenda.
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:Do you think the Government fears the People ?
    Just a little..as of yet. Otherwise, they would be moving faster then they are.

    We are approaching rapidly the 'break-over' point, I believe..where those who would fight are getting too old to be an effective fighting force.
    Meanwhile, the Beast grows ever stronger..giving its killers ever increasingly deadly weapons...and restricting and drying up effective
    weapons to citizens.

    They believe that the end game is in sight..but they must keep us appeased another 10 years or so.
    Were they to kick it off today, we would still win..there are enough of us left that remember how to fight they could not beat us..but freedom grows ever more weaker in the hearts of the people that live here.

    There can be absolutely no doubt in the mind of a man that CLEARLY thinks about the direction this country is headed..that being an all-powerful Beast ready, willing, and able to destroy you and yours without compunction, without compassion, and with no recourse.

    No Constitution, No Bill of Rights, No God...and no hope.




    I think you would be suprised, Highball. Real men in this country have skipped a generation. I blame the children of Dr. Spock for getting us in this mess - but among the 20 and 30 year old population there is a love of freedom and an understanding that the road we are heading down only will lead to servitude, destruction, and finally physical and spiritual death.

    Men over 60 - real men.
    35 to 60 - worthless.
    Under 35 - (mostly) worthess but with large and increasing pockets of hope.

    To all you 35 to 60 year olds - sorry, but your generation has destroyed this nation.
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flat8

    Men over 60 - real men.
    35 to 60 - worthless.
    Under 35 - (mostly) worthess but with large and increasing pockets of hope.

    To all you 35 to 60 year olds - sorry, but your generation has destroyed this nation.


    Hmm,

    It was you geasers fresh from your proud wars that raised and instilled the values you seem to despise in the generation you are referring too. If everything was so fantastic why did you let your kids ruin it. Poor parenting was just the excuse the ultra liberal agenda needed to start taking away your rights.

    HO HO HO
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Flat8, I agree with your premise, but not necessarily your exact definition. I am 37, youngest of three brothers 39,42. We all believe very strongly in freedom, personal liberty and that which goes with it, personal responsibility. Maybe it's just the rural area we grew up in foster's those things. City folks our age are the worst enemy in the populace, 2nd only to the criminals in D.C. that said group enables. The older generation seems to have the blinders on in a disproportionate number as well. Maybe they just refuse to believe that things have gone to the toilet. "It's still the same old America" mentallity. I don't know. It has gotten much more complicated with the introduction of the "neocon". This individual came to fruition from the group we were supposeed to ba able to trust, somewhat. And I feel he is a bigger threat than the "liberal" of old. And as to what chaos said, yea there is alot of bad parenting. It spans the generations. Lazy is all it is. Plus, with the legalization of murdering babies, the value of human life and family was reduced to nothing so why put much effort into it? "Where's my check" is all that is worried about.[:(!]
  • TritonbmcTritonbmc Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Flat8, I agree with your premise, but not necessarily your exact definition. I am 37, youngest of three brothers 39,42. We all believe very strongly in freedom, personal liberty and that which goes with it, personal responsibility. Maybe it's just the rural area we grew up in foster's those things. City folks our age are the worst enemy in the populace, 2nd only to the criminals in D.C. that said group enables. The older generation seems to have the blinders on in a disproportionate number as well. Maybe they just refuse to believe that things have gone to the toilet. "It's still the same old America" mentallity. I don't know. It has gotten much more complicated with the introduction of the "neocon". This individual came to fruition from the group we were supposeed to ba able to trust, somewhat. And I feel he is a bigger threat than the "liberal" of old. And as to what chaos said, yea there is alot of bad parenting. It spans the generations. Lazy is all it is. Plus, with the legalization of murdering babies, the value of human life and family was reduced to nothing so why put much effort into it? "Where's my check" is all that is worried about.[:(!]



    I have to agree with JP here. I was raised in the rural South by my grandparents. My grandfather fought in WW2 and even took me to Europe to see where he served. I'm retired from the Navy, and true freedom runs through my veins. Seems everything now is against the family, and for the government to solve all your problems. That should never be an option to anyone in this country, but sadly, more and more people are living off of taxpayers money, and they are still allowed to vote. Take away the right to vote if you are on government help of any kind, and it will help with some of this, but not all.
  • blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    flat8
    (edit by pickenup, personal insults not allowed here) Bring it ,dont sing it to this 55year old Patriot
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    A soldier..even one fooled by Globalists into fighting wars having NOTHING to do with American fredom...has earned the right to vote..perhaps above all.

    I have said before...and will repeat..there can be a splendid case made for disallowing government workers and welfare cases from voting.

    Government workers are by and large parasites..and the sheer weight of the numbers are going to sink the Republic with fewer and fewer private sector people picking up the tab for ever increasing benefits for ever increasing Beast workers.

    Blocking their vote may well start to decrease the bloated size of government.
  • TartersauceTartersauce Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's say you disallowed Govt. workers from voting......you've accomplished little.

    Govt. workers form unions....unions are Political Action Committees....lobbying Congress with fists full of money.

    I think those fists full of money could trick a few sheeple to vote for the Govt. workers.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    You have placed your finger squarely upon the problem.

    The Beast has many heads...and chaining one head merely irritates the other heads..causing them to clone another dozen.

    All needing to be fed and kept in secretaries...
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blackhawk45
    flat8
    Bring it ,dont sing it to this 55year old Patriot


    Or to this 46 year old American "rugged individualist".

    Methinks you paint with an overly broad brush, (edit by pickenup, same as above)
  • Dave9284Dave9284 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I might as well throw my .02 in even though I'm 23 and considered part of the worthless generation. I can honestly say I'm proud to be an American but I fear and distrust my government. I will fight to the end to keep our rights even as they are slowly, but surely stripped away. I cringe every time I hear a new gun law proposal, or a anti-gun poltician being voted in. That is the first thing I look at before voting for anyone for anything is what their stance is on gun laws. I think the ones that are anti-gun recognize we stand between them and complete control of the people. The ones that are pro-gun are the last few hopes we have. So I guess this member of the worthless generation and a few of his friends might not be so worthless, then again we're just simple southern boys.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Captain;
    I well understand your irritation here.

    I may well be reaching into my own emotions here...instead of logic. My attempt is to discover WHO IN HELL keeps giving us Hillarys/obamas/DEroolionies/huckabies/bushs..elected to office.

    I won't back off welfare...you need a stake in the Republic before you are allowed to vote your worthless life style upon the people..but stopping government people would indeed blank out a fair number of decent, hardworking Americans...people that we perhaps owe a tremendous debt of gratitute for slowing..quietly and without fanfare...the groth of the Beast.
  • TartersauceTartersauce Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are options.....

    The Govt. can not touch religion.

    If someone started their own church based upon Christ's belief's that every man should sell his cloak (coat) if need to be get a sword....today's interpretation is firearm.

    This new church's rule is that every man be armed and ready to fight Satan's followers.

    Boy could Christianity come back or what? Would you go to that church?

    Family picnics, meetings, Sunday Service......monthly shoots to make sure everyone is proficiently trained to fight Satan.

    Who'd join my Church? Sunday service donations will be used to buy a new clay thrower for our non-profit gun range behind the church. [:D]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,845 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tartersauce
    Who'd join my Church?
    That would be tempting. [:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Captain;
    I well understand your irritation here.

    I may well be reaching into my own emotions here...instead of logic. My attempt is to discover WHO IN HELL keeps giving us Hillarys/obamas/DEroolionies/huckabies/bushs..elected to office.

    I won't back off welfare...you need a stake in the Republic before you are allowed to vote your worthless life style upon the people..but stopping government people would indeed blank out a fair number of decent, hardworking Americans...people that we perhaps owe a tremendous debt of gratitute for slowing..quietly and without fanfare...the groth of the Beast.


    Yeah Highball, being irritated is pretty much a normal state of being for me when government is the subject. Regardless, I won't quit hammering away at the freedom message in my own small fashion.

    I expect that you'll be square with me on the overall issues, shoulder to shoulder and i'll be proud to stand next to you and several others here, all the way.
  • blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blackhawk45
    flat8
    (edit by pickenup, personal insults not allowed here) Bring it ,dont sing it to this 55year old Patriot


    And flat8 stating that men 35to60 are WORTHLESS,isn't an insult. I BEG YOUR PARDON,
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,845 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blackhawk45
    quote:Originally posted by blackhawk45
    flat8
    (edit by pickenup, personal insults not allowed here) Bring it ,dont sing it to this 55year old Patriot


    And flat8 stating that men 35to60 are WORTHLESS,isn't an insult. I BEG YOUR PARDON,

    See in red.
    Insult, yes.
    Personal (as in, directed at a single member here) no.
    I am in that category, and took no insult.
    Painting with THAT broad of a brush, means little.
    He is free to voice his "opinion" as are you.
    As long as it does not get "personal"
  • blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I insulted no one, flat8 insulted every man and women between 35 and 60 years of age. And I personaly feel he owes all of us an apology!!!
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in the worthless catagory at 43....Frankly, I don't give a rats * what he thinks !
    Abort Cuomo
  • The DutchmanThe Dutchman Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. I fear all governments. They have a grand illusion that they are the "be all and end-all" of existence. Governments have killed, robbed, raped, enslaved and imprisoned more people than any ONE indvidual. They deny INDIVIDUAL rights for the "greater good".

    The media/Marxists/power-mongers have created it with human approval.

    Typical [email protected]#$%.
  • rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fear three things;

    1) President Hillary Clinton

    2) President Obama

    3) Running out of ammunition!
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blackhawk45
    I insulted no one, flat8 insulted every man and women between 35 and 60 years of age. And I personaly feel he owes all of us an apology!!!


    You're not going to get it. I didn't condemn you, I condemned your entire generation. The children of Dr. Spock have destroyed this country. Sorry, but facts are facts. Prove me wrong.
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flat8
    quote:Originally posted by blackhawk45
    I insulted no one, flat8 insulted every man and women between 35 and 60 years of age. And I personaly feel he owes all of us an apology!!!


    You're not going to get it. I didn't condemn you, I condemned your entire generation. The children of Dr. Spock have destroyed this country. Sorry, but facts are facts. Prove me wrong.


    And . . . simply answer this . . . was this country in better shape BEFORE your generation took the reigns of power . . . or AFTER??
Sign In or Register to comment.