In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

when will this madness end?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's too late, y'all. Just get your cabin in the woods and cling to your guns and Bible... and be happy!

Nothing will change, and there is nothing you can do as an individual to change anything. The percentage of people that would seriously entertain participating in a revolution is minuscule. Highball has said 3% of the population for years now. I say less than 3/10ths of a percent, if even that. That is less than a million people, scattered, disorganized... a rabble in complete disarray.

Cancel the satellite TV, go camping and fishing this summer, grow a garden, learn to can your food... see how long through this coming winter you can last on just the food you canned. Invest in solar panels and a wind generator, hang dry your clothes, wash your dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher. What is the minimum KwH you can use per month? How about minimum gallons of water? Do you have an alternative source of water that doesn't get delivered to you from a pipe in the street? Those are just the FIRST questions you should be asking yourself.

Those of you thinking "Huh?" aren't even prepared for an earthquake, let alone a revolution.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WW,
    Get up on the right side of the bed this morning? [;)]
  • Options
    1moreaug1moreaug Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    It's too late, y'all. Just get your cabin in the woods and cling to your guns and Bible... and be happy!

Nothing will change, and there is nothing you can do as an individual to change anything. The percentage of people that would seriously entertain participating in a revolution is minuscule. Highball has said 3% of the population for years now. I say less than 3/10ths of a percent, if even that. That is less than a million people, scattered, disorganized... a rabble in complete disarray.

Cancel the satellite TV, go camping and fishing this summer, grow a garden, learn to can your food... see how long through this coming winter you can last on just the food you canned. Invest in solar panels and a wind generator, hang dry your clothes, wash your dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher. What is the minimum KwH you can use per month? How about minimum gallons of water? Do you have an alternative source of water that doesn't get delivered to you from a pipe in the street? Those are just the FIRST questions you should be asking yourself.

Those of you thinking "Huh?" aren't even prepared for an earthquake, let alone a revolution.

Everyone thinks revolution is all about playing "war". It is more like camping for an extended time with people trying to steal all your stuff. The only thing that would change that would be for people to stand up and organize by not supporting companies and government practices that are against the constitution. Unfortunately, that will most likely land many people in prison or at the very least, broke and homeless.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pickenup, it seems I have been getting up on the wrong side of life lately. [;)]
  • Options
    1776-19761776-1976 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After going over this post again I see some who are confused as to who the enemy would be for those who choose to fight. First one should understand if you allow yourself to be disarmed you will no longer need to worry about fighting since you will no longer have the tools to defend yourself, your family, and friends. For myself I would say that anyone who seeks to harm me or my family is the enemy and this includes takeing away the means to defend ourselves. I believe many of our local law as well as military will see what they are being ordered to do is wrong and will choose to side with the people whom they have sworn to protect. I believe any force used against the people will be made up of only portions of state and federal agencies and the bigger portion will be made up of foriegn military organizations such as united nations, mexican military ect...
  • Options
    Dangerous TDangerous T Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is pretty simple. I have 6 rifles alone at home. All semi auto. I am a reasonably good shooter. Outshot my neighbourh who is an infantry man back from Iraq. So, I have the guns. I know how to use them. But if SHTF, I will pretty much run. My life is only one. Not worth risking for this country. Or for any country. I will grab my wife, my friends, my guns and we will run for Canada. They may not have much freedoms there, but I just dont' want to be arbitrary shot for being either "anti government" or "not enough of a patriot of constitution", you folks, who talk loud, you have fun. Have fun being shot by your own army, being put into concentration camps by your own government. Your country is headed into the direction where it will be even worse then Nazi Germany or USSR. YOU PERMITTED IT TO HAPPEN.
    Enjoy.

In my country we have a saying "It is too late to drink medicine once your liver had fallen off." If we will say that the liver of this country is constitution - then not only has it been fallen off, a passing dog named Reagan had pissed all over it with his "greed first" credo, and the rats known as Bush clan had dragged it off
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    A coward dies a thousand deaths..a man of courage just one.
  • Options
    1moreaug1moreaug Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    A coward dies a thousand deaths..a man of courage just one.

Let us trust God, and our better judgment to set us right hereafter. United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.

And here we are divided among ourselves in the very thing we agree on. We all agree that things aren't as they should be and are without a doubt going to get worse. Yet some are ready to fight alone to their end, some are going to leave, some are going to hide, some will submit to the commands that defy our Constitution, some are still fighting the peaceful protest that seems to have no effect, while others have just given up and sit and wait for the carnage before they make a decision.

All this while those in power keep spending our money on those that do nothing to strengthen our nation and worse yet give money we do not have to those that hate us.

The following is a synopsis of the decline of Rome from historians Arnold J. Toynbee and James Burke. My comments in red.

The Romans had no budgetary system and thus wasted whatever resources they had available (as noted above). The economy of the Empire was basically a plunder economy based on looting existing resources rather than producing anything new (sounds like the place I live). The Empire relied on booty from conquered territories (some say the reason we are in the middle east is for oil) (this source of revenue ending, of course, with the end of Roman territorial expansion) or on a pattern of tax collection that drove small-scale farmers into destitution (and onto a dole that required even more exactions upon those who could not escape taxation) (small business carries 65% of the tax burden in this country) , or into dependency upon a landed ?lite exempt from taxation (this is equivalent to so many loopholes that are taken advantage of by the wealthy) . With the cessation of tribute from conquered territories, the full cost of their military machine had to be borne by the citizenry.

An economy based upon slave (illegal immigrants?) labor precluded a middle class with purchasing power. The Roman Empire produced few exportable goods (sound familiar?). Material innovation, whether through entrepreneurialism or technological advancement, all but ended long before the final dissolution of the Empire. Meanwhile the costs of military defense (again familiar) and the pomp of Emperors continued. Financial needs continued to increase, (sounds like too many social programs to me) but the means of meeting them steadily eroded. In the end due to economic failure, even the armor of soldiers deteriorated and the weaponry of soldiers became so obsolete to the extent that the enemies of the Empire had better armor and weapons as well as larger forces (Chinese army now surpasses U.S. army in technology other than night vision) . The decrepit social order offered so little to its subjects that many saw the barbarian invasion as liberation from onerous obligations to the ruling class (we call these obligations "taxes") . By the late fifth century the barbarian conqueror Odoacer had no use for the formality of an Empire upon deposing Romulus Augustulus and chose neither to assume the title of Emperor himself nor to select a puppet , although legally he kept the lands as a commander of the Eastern Empire and maintained the Roman institutions such as the consulship. The formal end of the Roman Empire corresponds with the time in which the Empire and the title Emperor no longer had value.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dangerous T
    This is pretty simple. I have 6 rifles alone at home. All semi auto. I am a reasonably good shooter. Outshot my neighbourh who is an infantry man back from Iraq. So, I have the guns. I know how to use them. But if SHTF, I will pretty much run. My life is only one. Not worth risking for this country. Or for any country. I will grab my wife, my friends, my guns and we will run for Canada. They may not have much freedoms there, but I just dont' want to be arbitrary shot for being either "anti government" or "not enough of a patriot of constitution", you folks, who talk loud, you have fun. Have fun being shot by your own army, being put into concentration camps by your own government. Your country is headed into the direction where it will be even worse then Nazi Germany or USSR. YOU PERMITTED IT TO HAPPEN.
    Enjoy.

In my country we have a saying "It is too late to drink medicine once your liver had fallen off." If we will say that the liver of this country is constitution - then not only has it been fallen off, a passing dog named Reagan had pissed all over it with his "greed first" credo, and the rats known as Bush clan had dragged it off

"T" ... You're a COWARD. I don't know how else to put it. Hundreds of thousands of men (and woman), sons and grandsons have all DIED to protect the freedoms and liberties that this great nation continues to afford its citizens (and unfortunately, YOU).
    Yet you CHOOSE to RUN!!! If you have children, how can they possibly look up to you with respect and dignity and imagine for one moment that you, being their God-sent father, would protect them at all costs. My children know I would do that for them.
    Please allow me to purchase your one-way ticket (its a 4th class ticket) to China where you can grovel with the communists so maybe they will include you into their Anti-American plans to take over the world.