In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

California Shipping Approval Letter??

2»

Comments

• Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ivanimal
    quote:Good for you, ivanimal. In my 12 year sentence in CA I've learned one thing -- it's futile, and you guys simply don't understand the issue here, hence creating more problems than solving any. Not to mention that I don't recall much of a fight in 1999, or 2007 SF "handgun ban" (or was it '06?)... and honestly I am not seeing much progress now, just more complacency, compromise and mentality of such. I've been called all kind of crazy names over there in CA for my firm belief in the Constitution of the United States, and on the issue the 2nd, not a single person I've met had agreed to no compromise position, and as a matter of fact, pretty much all people I have talked to (that is "gun owners") have expressed some level of agreement with gun control. So there, you have it, we -- you, CA-ians, and the rest of the country, are on opposite sides even on the same issue.

I respectfully disagree, since 2005 we have made great progress, we can now own AR's AK's and any other gun you can have there are some restrictions but they are being challenged as we speak. As for the SF gun ban we did defeat it and I posted we would a long time ago and also when it was defeated. As for the NRA, yes we will be careful we are not perfect either. We just dont have as many mouts to feed. Thanks for your concern.

1. you can own selected "ar's" and "ak's" that aren't really ak's or ar's, but some basterdized versions of them. the "offlist" rifles are a loophole in the law because of the stupidity of the politicos who wrote them and have nothing to do with your "fighting", if I am wrong - show me a piece of legislation repealing any part of roberti-roos, for instance.

2. YOU had nothing to do with SF gun ban, it was challenged by NRA and was overturned by a court decision. Where exactly was your "fight"? if you did fight you would've launched a massive campaign against it all BEFORE that stupid prop even got on the ballot, wouldn't have been very hard either.

Anyways, I am out of that hell whole, too bad such a beautiful state is such a dump now, good luck with your "fighting".
  • Options
    ivanimalivanimal Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:. you can own selected "ar's" and "ak's" that aren't really ak's or ar's, but some basterdized versions of them. the "offlist" rifles are a loophole in the law because of the stupidity of the politicos who wrote them and have nothing to do with your "fighting", if I am wrong - show me a piece of legislation repealing any part of roberti-roos, for instance.

We are working on the constitutionality of the law. Loophole no, we are within the letter of the law. More to come it wont happen fast but it is happenning.

quote:2. YOU had nothing to do with SF gun ban, it was challenged by NRA and was overturned by a court decision. Where exactly was your "fight"? if you did fight you would've launched a massive campaign against it all BEFORE that stupid prop even got on the ballot, wouldn't have been very hard either.

We did have it in the bag till the CRPA stepped all over it. It would have never made it into the election had it not been for a few people. I fought the ban with my life membership and support for their lawsuit. I helped get the word out to those that would help our cause. Their lawsuit was filed the day after the ban, it did not leave room for much else. I don't take credit for overturning it I take credit for fighting it. It is the city I was born in. My mom still lives there. You want to talk about pain? That is what I feel when I go back to my hometown and see what has happened to it. Most of the change came from outsiders, but then again everyone says that.

quote:Anyways, I am out of that hell whole, too bad such a beautiful state is such a dump now, good luck with your "fighting".

Thanks for the good wishes
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Like I said, you aren't getting it, it's like I am speaking swahili. Keep up your "work", maybe it'll be a close enough to home of a warning to neighboring states. Oh wait, it already has!
  • Options
    ivanimalivanimal Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    Like I said, you aren't getting it, it's like I am speaking swahili. Keep up your "work", maybe it'll be a close enough to home of a warning to neighboring states. Oh wait, it already has!

I understand, I do not agree. That is all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, at this point you do not understand. And I am done. Have a great night.
  • Options
    lapriesterlapriester Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by t the rogue
    Thought I would visit the forums once again to see what was being said about the Second ammendment decision and what do I find? The same bunch of nutbag, ignorant, "need a life" cyber hyenas flappin their jaws again about California gun owners. You guys crack me up. You sit there living off the rights that were handed to you by others who fought for them over 200 years ago. You never fought for anything. Chances are that you all are too fat, out of shape or whimpy to fight anyway. Yet it doesn't stop you from badmouthing other gun owners who are trying to fight the gun grabbers. It is this small minded sort of ignorance you all possess that liberal politicians rely on to further their agenda. Where were you and what did you do about the gun bans imposed by the Klinton admin? You were probably here busy typing away congratulating your hyena buddys for running from California or trying to BS everyone about how tough you are. What a laugh!

Take your inappropriate and inept comments to a little dark room, roll them in a not so tight little tube and shove them where the sun never shines.

Next time you have that thought about visiting the forums again do us all a favor. Stuff it back into the puny brain of yours and move on.

L[8D]