In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Elect moderators here

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
You vote- let admin decide - give it 5-10 days? fair you Decide and nonimations are open!!!

new_snipersmilie.gif
NRA Life Endowment Member

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Some of the few-
    MarkC-
    GHD-
    JUSTC-
    nononsence -<sorry if I bugged it up>
    tailgunner
    AND all the others in the experts fourm your not forgotten

there is a ton of guys. [:D]

I will put my name a the bottom

of the list just to keep the peace if something gets out of hand [:D]

new_snipersmilie.gif
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I elect myself.. I'm on the computer a good portion of the day.. I'll just make sure all posts are reloading related. [:)]

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    I elect myself.. I'm on the computer a good portion of the day.. I'll just make sure all posts are reloading related. [:)]

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder

This place needs to be tight, no BS. The mission statement has been made. [;)]

new_snipersmilie.gif
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    I nominate myself but will not vote for myself out of respect for the democratic process. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

This place needs to be tight, no BS. The mission statement has been made. [;)]

If I am mod, it will be strictly reloading.. no trolls, no off-topic posts, no "which gun is better XD or 1911", nothing like that..

Give me a one week trial period, you wont be sorry!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Think Rimfire needs a big hand and to be considered too he has had great input here.

new_snipersmilie.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    either way, no big deal, I just want to learn some quality reloading info!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    either way, no big deal, I just want to learn some quality reloading info!

I agree, I have been reloading for 24+ years. All of the guys here are good. Some new stuff some old. Point being its a never ending process
    there is always something new to learn in reloading. Thats why I will never consider myself an expert. [:)]

new_snipersmilie.gif
  • Options
    rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Think Rimfire needs a big hand and to be considered too he has had great input here.

new_snipersmilie.gif
    OK,now I'm blushing.[:I] As FrancF said,now that we have this forum we need to make sure to keep a tight rein on the nonsense and keep the loads posted SAFE. If you are new to loading or not sure if a load is safe please ask.No question is to stupid to ask when it comes to your safety. And everyone play nice,remember what Admin giveth Admin can taketh away.[:)]

Edit: I think it would be better if we had at least two or more Mods on this forum. Speaking for myself,I know there are calibers I have researched and loaded extensively and also calibers I've never even shot,much less loaded. Also,everyone needs to help the Mod(s)out,if you see a load you know or think is unsafe please speak up.

buycoolshirts_1825_31216154.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rimfire

I hate moving around to fourms [:D] This is a good use of wasted space [:D][:D][:D]

new_snipersmilie.gif
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Has anyone asked ATF? The pic he osted of his bench was MOST impressive, and I think he's been at it for over 30 years....

I really do like the idea of dual or even multiple moderators, especially since this volunteer position, We've all seen things et out of hand simply because Nunn was taking some time off or hadn't logged on that day (Or in a few hours....)

I second the nomination for rimfire, but would like to add FrancF and ATF to the reloading moderation staff.

Admin- Stop dragging your feet! Rename the forum and let us get on with it!!!!!!

FTBennITCMOURN.jpg

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
    Handgun Control, Inc. says they want to "Keep guns out of the wrong hands."
    Guess what?
    You have the wrong hands.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matt45
    the reloading moderation staff.

Admin- Stop dragging your feet! Rename the forum and let us get on with it!!!!!!

I sent them an email.. I suggest everyone else do the same if you havent already..
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me thinks more than one mod. Nobody can be here all the time, though I can't imagine too much ruckus over here. Mostly to keep it on topic and watch for grossly unsafe advice. We don't need poofed posts because a load is .3 grains over published max. It's everyone's responsibility to compare suggested loads to a published source and work up slowly. That work up slowly part cannot be repeated too many times. Everyone needs to remember that cardinal rule and make sure that beginners have it pounded into them....OK, I'll be quiet now..

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Franc
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    The Teak'ster is a very knowlegable reloader also, and should have made your short list. I believe he used to do it on a commericial basis. Besided, isn't he already set up as a mody on the classifieds forum?

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with those who feel we should have multiple mods. Maybe even three. This forum needs to be policed for SAFETY and should be monitored very closely to ensure that there is no blatant misinformation, typos, or just plain stupid slipping thru the cracks. My suggestion would be to have the following.

ruger270man - because he has the time, wants to, and has been a force behind the reloading forum.

2 - others picked from the short list of experts that want to share their knowledge and expertise with the rest of us.

Just my humble and not to articulate opinion.[8D]-Don

blonds.bmpWhen they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
    Parsons.gif
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with DD, someone has to police the RELOADING forum to see that proper info is deseminated and no one is trying to get some new kid to experiment. I nominate Deputydon.

PJ

quote:Originally posted by deputydon
    I agree with those who feel we should have multiple mods. Maybe even three. This forum needs to be policed for SAFETY and should be monitored very closely to ensure that there is no blatant misinformation, typos, or just plain stupid slipping thru the cracks. My suggestion would be to have the following.

ruger270man - because he has the time, wants to, and has been a force behind the reloading forum.

2 - others picked from the short list of experts that want to share their knowledge and expertise with the rest of us.

blonds.bmpWhen they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
    Parsons.gif

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An EXPERT is someone who studies to learn more and more about
    less and less until he knows everything about nothing! Since
    he doesn't consider himself and "expert", I vote for FrancF.
  • Options
    ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to vote for JustC and FrancF, they hav both helped me with my project and they have a lot of knowledge on reloading for long range precision reloading.

Ruger270Man should be a Jr Mod since he started the take over.

Would be cool to have moderator for each field. ie, Long range precision shooting. Pistols, shotgun.

Lets just keep the trolls and drama in the GD forum. [:D]
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    I lead a really boring life, on Gunbroker from 830am -5pm Monday-Friday.
    I DONT KNOW JACK, but will be happy to give any help or of any asstiance (sp)
    Also cant spell either!!!
    Walte
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm gonna go with ruger270 cause he's always here, and iconoclast because he seems like a knowledgable reloader from reading his posts. there are alot of people who i think are qualified, but i'm putting in my vote for these two. when are you guys going to be running your campaigns?[:D]

cody
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd agree that several mods would be best. That should make it so that at least one of them would be perusing the info at all times. I'll be glad to help but will post this for the first time right now..

Standard disclaimer applies: These are my loads developed in my rifles. Your rifle has different dimensions and tolerances than my rifles and you are also not using the same lot of powder that I am. Therefore, start your loads well below mine and work your way up while looking for pressure signs.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need to get these safety notes up as STICKIES.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by deputydon

Thanks for the nomination deputydon! Im no expert on reloading, but I can make sure that all the posts relate to reloading, and make sure no one causes a stink. I'm sure there will be experts abound to discredit any bad info.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ContacFront

Ruger270Man should be a Jr Mod since he started the take over.

quote:Originally posted by ameriskin
    i'm gonna go with ruger270 cause he's always here, and iconoclast because he seems like a knowledgable reloader from reading his posts. there are alot of people who i think are qualified, but i'm putting in my vote for these two. when are you guys going to be running your campaigns?[:D]

Thanks guys... No campaigning here, as long as whomever is picked keeps the trolls out and makes sure all posts are reloading related, all is well.

• Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I nominate Rugster.

Second candidate is Mateomasfeo.

We need two Moderators to overlap each other to have proper moderation at all times.
  • Options
    8yellowfintuna8yellowfintuna Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All sound good so I vote for all the above mentioned....

"Beam me up Scottie"
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    If I were admin, I would be insulted. Don't forget: You are guests in his house.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    If I were admin, I would be insulted. Don't forget: You are guests in his house.

If we were in someones guest room, and there was a crib which no one used, but we took out the crib and put in a king size bed, simmons beauty rest, and a ralph lauren down comforter, and every guest in his home used it instead of sleeping on the couch in his living room, wouldnt he be happy?

• Options
    edited November -1
    It is different. Gun Broker is a Corporation that is in it to make $$$, not friends. If his Attorney's warn him that hosting a reloading forum is a liability to his business, then he might not want to risk his livlihood, or gunbroker's. If his insurance company demands that he cannot have a reloading forum, you could be putting his rates, and insurability in great danger. Just because you put up a disclaimer, does not mean that you cannot be sued. Now that might not be the case; but regardless, if he asks you guys to cease and desist then you should honor that.

Ben(who really likes the idea of there being a reloading forum here also)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So Ben,

I guess advice on gunsmithing on the Expert site should be banned also?

Oh well I guess you better start searching for all the reloading threads in General Discussion and Ask the Expert and poof those also.

One more thing, paintball isn't exactly the safest sport in the world either. Dealing with projectiles that travel up to 300 FPS and air tanks that have 3000 + PSI in them. Gee, I guess we better ban those next.

Well shoot. Lets take out hunting while we are at it. That can have liability also.

And, gee some of the remarks in the GD forum can be taken as racism also, better poof those too buddy.

You sure you are not some liberal from SF?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Contac, I never said anything should be banned, nor did I even hint that there should not be a reloading forum. READ MY DAMN POST!!! I want one too!!!

You just put more bs in my mouth than I can stomach, and then you suggest that I'm a liberal from SF?!?! CF, you obviously don't know me from Adam; however, I just learned volumes about your character and your intelligence. I will strive to not lower myself to either.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    fishermanben,

admin did not ask us to cease and desist. Should reloading posts be in Ask the Experts, or General Discussion.. why not put them in all one forum? If admin doesnt want to change the name to reloading, thats fine, but the moderator of the paintball forum obviously doesnt mind all these reloading posts, because theyre still here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well if you want a forum so bad then help us instead of sitting there being negative.

Listen Ben, save the drama for the GD Forum. If you want to post something on reloading, feel free but save the BS.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    okay, no more fighting, reloading posts only. We need to self moderate for now.

Seriously, lets not argue, if you want to argue, email eachother.

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    me too...you're right...no need for bickering.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Ruger, take over and just start moderating kinda like we did on the former paintball forum.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CHGOTHNDER
    Hey Ruger, take over and just start moderating kinda like we did on the former paintball forum.]

I'll do my best [:D]

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF this happens.....two words......multiple moderators.

It's a safety thing.
    Ya'll already know who is knowledgeable and willing.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For my two cents -

A penny for Ruger270man

Another for nononsense

Out of pennies, or would cast a vote for another!! [:D]

Keep off the Ridgeline