In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

260 remington build

2»

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    uni82,

I wouldn't decide on a scope simply because of a tidy discount. I will always suggest finding a store with any of the scopes you wish to try and see, yes actually SEE what they do side-by-side even under the store conditions.

There are thousands of shooters (tactical guys included) who use the Leupold Mark 4 scopes to their advantage. I gave up on Leupold several years ago when their quality dumped and the prices continued to rise relentlessly. They are at the point where their quality is less, making them an overpriced commodity.

In the mean time, a couple of scope makers have capitalized on the need for more quality and have adjusted their pricing system to accommodate more shooters.

I still suggest looking at Vortex Viper scopes and any of the upper end Burris scopes. Even the Nikon can work for most situations but be sure to look for a reticle that you can use readily and easily. Compare the scopes quality best you can before deciding to spend your hard earned money.

Best.

sandwarrior,

Scott Parker ran his mouth a little long in this case and should've quit while he was ahead. We all know the accuracy level available from the XC and if he fails to grasp the details, he should go talk to German Salazar if he needs clarification. Failing that, maybe I should see if he needs a demonstration? [:D]

Best.
  • Options
    uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to keep this posting.

There is so much really good information here. I really appreciate all the help!

As for the build, it will take time. A very long time now. The wife just quit her job. Didn't see that one coming. In this recession I don't think I would agree with that. She is almost done with her nursing school, couldn't handle both a job and classes with clinicals. I understand where she is coming from, 5 years into schooling with almost 100k in the hole. She wants to focus on school.

I'm working two jobs now to keep us a float. I just got the money for my marlin 30/30. I am just going to put it away for now so I can start the build in the future. I am a very patient man too. Time I have. But on a project like this, patient is going to be hard to come by!

Thanks again for everyone's help, expertise and time investments to assist a future long distance marksmen enthusiasts!

-Joe
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by uni82
    I'm going to keep this posting.

There is so much really good information here. I really appreciate all the help!

As for the build, it will take time. A very long time now. The wife just quit her job. Didn't see that one coming. In this recession I don't think I would agree with that. She is almost done with her nursing school, couldn't handle both a job and classes with clinicals. I understand where she is coming from, 5 years into schooling with almost 100k in the hole. She wants to focus on school.

I'm working two jobs now to keep us a float. I just got the money for my marlin 30/30. I am just going to put it away for now so I can start the build in the future. I am a very patient man too. Time I have. But on a project like this, patient is going to be hard to come by!

Thanks again for everyone's help, expertise and time investments to assist a future long distance marksmen enthusiasts!

-Joe

If you think patience is hard to come by now, just wait till you actually get the project started... lol
  • Options
    uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    If you think patience is hard to come by now, just wait till you actually get the project started... lol

yea, I'm already being not patient and I posted that this morning.

In time

:)
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by uni82
    quote:

yea, I'm already being not patient and I posted that this morning.

In time

:)

It's only money, you'll make more tomorrow.[:p]

I actually had a SALESMAN tell me that once. lol