In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I need....

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
A drink... Ben where are you I know you have one... wait Bang... pass me a beer...

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Easy Girl It's only Thursday[;)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    more importantly, It's not even noon yet. But okay, let's do it. Feels an awful lot like Bloody Mary time to me! That's a good breakfast drink.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its five o'clock somwhere right?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Easy Girl It's only Thursday[;)]

Yeah but this week has been pure * and there really is no end in sight......

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can't see tommorow?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    You can't see tommorow?

Gogo... my step daughter attempted suicide again on Sunday... I spent all night with her at the hospital. They put her in a mental rehab facility and she thinks she is checking out before the weekend. I think her hubby is leaving her and will end up takeing the 3 kids, 2 of which are not his, she has not told her mom that she is there and her dad, my husband, is NOT dealing with this well at all. This is the 3rd time this year she has been there. So I am the one who has to deal with this stuff... I WISH WISH WISH that tomorrow would be the end of it but this has been going on for a long time and it is at the point of no return for her. All I can do is be there for her and David and PRAY PRAY PRAY that she will see how this is effecting the rest of her life. She is 26 years old and an alcoholic. So this wont end tomorrow... but hey do me a favor and pray for her...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    she's got my prayers, and as I've said before: You're doing a good thing by standing beside her!!!

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am truly sorry to hear about that and wish her well. Sorry about the wise cracks I really had no idea hun. I don't really pray but I will have a drink or 12 for ya depending on the night [;)]. On the lighter side of things is she an alchoholic or a drunk? Beacause you have to go to meetings to be an alchoholic j/k.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gagirl. My Brother is going through a similar thing with his wifes Daughter she keeps trying to commit suicide they say she has scitzofrenia and the meds dont seem to be helping. I feel for all of you. and all are in my prayers. Life was not meant to be lived worring. best of luck with your Daughter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am truly sorry to hear about that and wish her well. Sorry about the wise cracks I really had no idea hun. I don't really pray but I will have a drink or 12 for ya depending on the night [;)]. On the lighter side of things is she an alchoholic or a drunk? Beacause you have to go to meetings to be an alchoholic j/k.

Gogo... dont worry I was not upset about the cracks... but it dang sure felt good to get that stuff out...have a 12 for me... I dont drink much anymore and after 6 I would be danceing on the tables...[:D] 12... now that would get REAL interesting...[}:)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cheap date, your husband is a very lucky man[:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear gagirl. Keep your head up! Ditto what ben said.

Now as for the beer......I'll be happy to toast with you after I take my nephew to get his new Genesis outfitted with some equiptment.

Lets see, 6 o'clock my time is what? 8 o'clock your time? Your 2hrs ahead right? I'll raise and toast at 6. PM if anyone was questioning that.
    [;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She is only an hour ahead of you buddy, your not that far west[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, well I'll still stick with the 6 o'clock.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok by 7 my time I can be home all alone... kiddo at gmas.. and David is teaching tonight... mind if I raise a bottle of tequila to your beer?

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can have all the tequila you want, but I am off it. Seems everytime I drink that stuff the next day I regret it. I don't know why but it makes me violently ill now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean, gogolen...Just looking at SoCo makes me feel sick, smelling it makes me gag, and a teaspoon would make me yack. Screw that stuff anyway...It killed Janis.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gagirl, I don't know what has pushed her to this point, but I do know that a cousin of mine told me she was considering sucide because her oldest daughter was going to move out to live with her dad. When she told me this, I reminded her that no matter how bad she thinks things are, she can still SEE her daughter from time to time. I reminded her that I can't see my brother. He was killed in 1984 on a dirt bike. Things can always seem worse than they actually are. I don't know if this story will help you or not but it's my closest experience with sucide so I figured it might. This was also 19 years to the day of my brothers death when she told me about this. Things like this tell me there is a God with an ultimate plan. My thoughts and prayer are with you. (I don't drink much either anymore so I'll pray instead of drink)

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Gagirl, I don't know what has pushed her to this point, but I do know that a cousin of mine told me she was considering sucide because her oldest daughter was going to move out to live with her dad. When she told me this, I reminded her that no matter how bad she thinks things are, she can still SEE her daughter from time to time. I reminded her that I can't see my brother. He was killed in 1984 on a dirt bike. Things can always seem worse than they actually are. I don't know if this story will help you or not but it's my closest experience with sucide so I figured it might. This was also 19 years to the day of my brothers death when she told me about this. Things like this tell me there is a God with an ultimate plan. My thoughts and prayer are with you. (I don't drink much either anymore so I'll pray instead of drink)

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Thanks Slash... sorry about your brother I lost one to "police assisted suicide" in '97. My step daughter is Bi-polar or manic depressed it depends on which dr you talk to as to what they call it. It truely is a sickness that they have to learn how to control with medication. But until they are ready to they wont do it and she still is not ready to recover yet. I am just REALLY worried that if her hubby leaves her, not that I could blame him, that she WILL kill herself.. not just try to.

Buckey please tell your brother that he is not alone. I understand what he is dealing with and it aint easy. There are so many families out there dealing with this same crap it really is sad...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man now Im depressed. So Co no no[xx(] Got so sick same thing smell makes me want to vomit. I'll stick to my Beer.[:)] and occational Vodka and cranberry- raz half frozen MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. gOOOd[;)]
    He we are talking about people who have problems because they drink and were going to help them by having a Drink[?] OK Im in[;)] ya twisted my arm.[:D][:D] Yea folks its funny how when ya get to talking about life and family WE may live far apart but all have our crosses to bear. Its sometimes nice to Know your not alone even though you dont want others to suffer. I guess it's just part of life kinda like the weather ya have to deal with what your delt.[:(]heads up all there is always tomorrow and things could always be a lot worse[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mmmm vodka and cran... I also like peach schnapps and cran blended... yummy.... I think I am going to have an interesting weekend

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I'll add a little peach schnapps to my whiskey

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I may have to call in the captain. I haven't been sailing in quite sometime.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Captain and????? OJ coke..... what? I kinda like Captain/coke/lime...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Captain and cranberry juice or even iced tea. Damn, now ya'll got me wanting to drink.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Try captain and vernors what a fantastic mix that is. Oh for the poor unfortunate souls that don't know what vernors is due to it being a regional thing if ya happen to see some pick it up and try it with some captain tastes just like cream soda. Scary how drunk you can get off of it.
    http://www.vernors.com/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Try captain and vernors what a fantastic mix that is. Oh for the poor unfortunate souls that don't know what vernors is due to it being a regional thing if ya happen to see some pick it up and try it with some captain tastes just like cream soda. Scary how drunk you can get off of it.
    http://www.vernors.com/

Man I havent heard of Vernors in YEARS!!! When I was a kid our next door neighbors grand kids would come visit and they were my age. They always brought me some. The also called it 'pop' I still get a kick out of people saying 'pop'.

I decided it was an OUTBACK night... a few wallaby darnds and everything feels muchhhhhhh better.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cool I had a sixer at the office last night and about half a fifth when I got home.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sixer at the office? Sweeeeeet!!! I made my toast to you gagirl, said a little thing for you and made the toast.[;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yep all the talk had me primed had a six O Molsen Golden Then $ big cups of stolie raz feeling a bit slow this morning. Heres the best Part after I had the six I decided to pick up the bow and shoot.[:0]
    One in the pine tree [:I]next to the target one through the picket fence [:I]then I settled down actually grouped broadheads so well that I need to refletch all 5 arrows shredded them all. Boy that muzzy was burried so deep in the tree I diddent even bother to try and dig it out. Gettin the hunting fever bad now. Ill bet everyone's getting itchy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pictures Buckey drunk and shooting..... Yeah Buckey I am itching [:D](but only in good ways) I am going to scout out some spots in the large tract I will be hunting this weekend. David is actually looking at bows now. He said I "can't" go hunting without him this year. (as you can imagine telling me I "can't" do something went over real well) I am going to look for a bow for him. He keeps looking at 70# but he ripped a muscle in his chest and front of his shoulder useing 'the jaws of life' about 6 months ago and it still bothers him. So advice from you men... How do I convince him to go with a 60#? He is a big man and very strong, but there is no need for him to pull more than he has to and possibly hurt himself... so HELP me find a way to convince him.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ha ha! thats funny, I picked up a bow too but it was my nephews. I'm trying to put some goodies on it for him. Its a Genesis, I hit the target twice, shot clean over it once and under twice. Then I went back for another beverage and sat on the new deck and watched the the neighbor chasin' cows on his horse. Kinda made me want to get another hay burner.

• Options
    edited November -1
    There are many bows that adjust from 60 to 70 if he is hell bent on 70 Just get one that goes up to 70 when he feels better crank it up. Boy thought of that all by myself[^][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are many bows that adjust from 60 to 70 if he is hell bent on 70 Just get one that goes up to 70 when he feels better crank it up. Boy thought of that all by myself[^][^]

Buckey... David is like all other men with the I want power mentality. If it will goto 70 he will have it at 70.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Get him a 50-60 lb bow and put 60-70 lb stickers on it[:D] But then again is 10 lbs really going to make that big of a difference if he is still hurting?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

Buckey... David is like all other men with the I want power mentality. If it will goto 70 he will have it at 70.

smilie_schuetze.gif

Thats a bunch of crap, not all men have the I want the power thing! take me for example I don't need to have that mentality because I DO have the power![^][:D][;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

smilie_schuetze.gif

Thats a bunch of crap, not all men have the I want the power thing! take me for example I don't need to have that mentality because I DO have the power![^][:D][;)]

Yeah but thats just because you are so sexy...[;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What about me I only shoot 60 lbs. Am I sexy[?]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about me I only shoot 60 lbs. Am I sexy[?]

Whoa babyboy are you[:p][:D][:D] HAHA a new name besides monkeyboy[8D]

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why don't you just call him a Sexy b!@ch.[;)]