In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I need....

2»

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Why don't you just call him a Sexy b!@ch.[;)]

Yeah that would cover it [;)]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better late than never. I'm praying for your family! And having a beer or 10 for you too!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will pray for your family. But think of this. gagirl, you said your stepdaughter is 26 and an alchoholic. Y'all are talking nothing but drinking. Are you setting the right example?

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by furholler
    I will pray for your family. But think of this. gagirl, you said your stepdaughter is 26 and an alchoholic. Y'all are talking nothing but drinking. Are you setting the right example?

None of my kids have ever seen me drink more than a glass of wine. And YES showing responsible drinking is the right example.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I can speak from expierence. It has nothing to do with others drinking talking about it and so forth. It has to do with the person that has the problem. knowing they have the problem. and they need to stop because they cannot handel it. I will tell you this the more you try to help an Alcholic the more you hurt them. They will never stop if they know there will be someone from family to always take them in . Most need to it rock bottom. My Brother had a drinking problem for years and as long as he had a place to stay money to buy booze and family support him he was never gonna stop. Dad and I kicked him out and cut him loose told him wecould not help him any more it was up to him.One year later he never drank again its been 15[:)] years clean and sober.Its gotta be the hardest thing to cut someone loose but you may save their life it worked in this case. hope everthing works out.[:)]Setting examples just dont work its been proven over and over again. I wish to god it did.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I can speak from expierence. It has nothing to do with others drinking talking about it and so forth. It has to do with the person that has the problem. knowing they have the problem. and they need to stop because they cannot handel it. I will tell you this the more you try to help an Alcholic the more you hurt them. They will never stop if they know there will be someone from family to always take them in . Most need to it rock bottom. My Brother had a drinking problem for years and as long as he had a place to stay money to buy booze and family support him he was never gonna stop. Dad and I kicked him out and cut him loose told him wecould not help him any more it was up to him.One year later he never drank again its been 15[:)] years clean and sober.Its gotta be the hardest thing to cut someone loose but you may save their life it worked in this case. hope everthing works out.[:)]Setting examples just dont work its been proven over and over again. I wish to god it did.

Buckey I know what you mean. The alcoholic needs to stop not the people around them.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You got it Hun. And in no way am I saying its easy on the family or them. I dont think anyone wants to be that way. But unfortunatly it happens. Some with drugs some with alcohol And like me with SEX[:D][:D][:D]Just kidding. Hang in there things have a way of working out.[:)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:And like me with SEX[:0]

And me with bow hunting!! [:D]

53 days

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:And like me with SEX[:0]

And me with bow hunting!! [:D]

53 days

33 [}:)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boy it seems like time is flying bye. Ive been shootin almost every day. how about you guys and gals[?]Hope we get an early fall with some cool temps Odds are its gotta change soon[;)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I got my bow out the other day, and put the stabilizer back on.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep I'm ready, I shot some yesterday after I returned from my huntin area. Checked my food plot, it was completely cleaned out. Guess I better get back down there and plant some fall stuff. There were some really nice trails running through, one is 15 to 20 yrds off one stand I have out there between the beddin ground and the food. I need to go scout out a spot that I was drawn for to hunt this year. Never been there before but it is right outside that hot park that I hunted last season.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow that sounds great. Fall planting needs to begin pretty soon dosen't it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    David and I walked several areas yesterday. We saw alot of activity in 3 areas that I hope to hunt opening weekend. ( I took a 3 day weekend)We saw 3 turkey on Friday and found tons of feathers Sunday while walking around. Cant wait!!!

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    still have nothing nice to say to you gagirl.[}:)][;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    still have nothing nice to say to you gagirl.[}:)][;)] Thats ok bang Just ignore my response.[:0] Thats it Im sending GAYBOY after You[:0][:0][:0]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Bang you know you love me... no wait that's want right ?[}:)][;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry buckey, Yep, the seed I have says (for fall) to plant between Aug.1 and Sept.15.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well let gets get busy then. or are you a slacker.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm a slacker! [:D]. actually I am going to try to get down there at the end of the month and get it done. I have to work for the next 4 weekends but 2 of those get me fairly close to my land. Well maybe I shouldn't call it work, I will be at the State fairs but it is for the college, so work related.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone hunt around swamp chestnuts?

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think we have swamps in Illinois. icon_smile_thinking.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think we have swamps in Illinois. icon_smile_thinking.gif
    Well I know they have em in ohio

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    We do. Looky here. Not sand marshes...more of a blue river mud.

http://www.museum.state.il.us/muslink/forest/htmls/pr_wet.html

Horseshoe-420.JPG

09zHorseshoeA.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah sort of... here they dry up during the summer and the deer almost fight over the nuts. I am really thinking about takeing the first week of season off not just the first 3 days. Maybe call in sick...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:gagirl Posted - 08/09/2005 : 3:09:24 PM
    Yeah sort of... here they dry up during the summer and the deer almost fight over the nuts. I am really thinking about takeing the first week of season off not just the first 3 days. Maybe call in sick...

Does fight?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gogo ... I guess a better way to say it is the deer go crazy for them...its more of a who gets there first... know what I mean now?

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently you didn't see the inuendo of deer fighting over nuts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Apparently you didn't see the inuendo of deer fighting over nuts.

Nope missed that still on my first cup this am