In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I don't know what this stuff is....but they should build bunkers out of it. My nail salon saga

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know what came over me to allow this nonsense to begin, but I'm stuck in a loop of never ending nail salon visits now.

I'm all about a good pedicure. Sitting in that massage chair, the hot bubbly water soaking my feet and the hour long massage with lotion, painting your toes with some super girly color and topping it off with a hot rock massage followed by a parafin wax bag over each foot that is peeled away to reveal what looks like somoene elses feet at the end of the visit.....its pure bliss!!!! I suggest ALL of you do this and if you try it you'll be back again and again.

The fingernails are a different story. Its not my cup of tea to have nails that you have to be careful with or you might mess them up, so I just skip that part. I also cannot handle the eyebrows....lashes or other midevil things they've come up with to torture women.

There are days the only thing about me that shows I'm a woman is my attitude and my toes.

They sold me on the "powder" with gel nails one time I was in there.....and its caused me to have to come back twice so far. It doen't come off. You CANNOT soak your nails in anything that will touch it. This stuff has to be ground off with a dremel tool. It will start to grow out with your nails and looks ridiculous after some time. It also starts to come up from the back part of your nail....so you have a little snagging device that will catch on your hair, sweater, whatever you run your fingers across.

I'm telling you guys.....those tiny Asian ladies are smart. They tell you things like "you deserve it" and lull you into a transe with hot rocks and lotion....next thing you know you're trapped with some solution being slathered on your nails that only they can deal with.

I'm already picking out my next color.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

I get the willies just thinking about someone messing with my feet. I start giggling like a little girl as I am real ticklish.

But anything that helps one really relax has to be good !

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,130 ✭✭✭✭

It is genuinely weird to visit a guns forum and read a thread about pedicures, but you pulled it off, dear lady.

I once got what I called a "manlycure" just to know what it's like. Learned that I can trim my nails quicker and just as good with a clipper and file. Like William, I am not letting another soul touch my feet. I have a hard enough time touching them myself, because I'm "liftoff" ticklish. That's assuming I can reach them and still breathe, which gets harder every year.

Oh, the one part of the manlycure that I did like? the hand soak in hot wax. Not actually hot, but wonderfully warm; my hands felt limber as a wet rag after that.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭

I have not found anyone willing to touch my feet! Don

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin

🤣🤣🤣🤣

"There are days the only thing about me that shows I'm a woman is my attitude and my toes."

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Be glad you don't have hair growing out your ears. 😣

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

I can't say I see the appeal even after reading all the supposed benefits. I guess that's why there's lots of colors, lots of guns, lots of textures and lots of smells. To each their own.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Well looks like the "gun" forum is getting kinda weird.

I heard of a foot fetish.

• htredneckhtredneck Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

The nail shop my wife goes to makes as much or more from older men getting pedicures as they do from women getting nails. The men (mostly farmers) get older and can't get to their nails to trim them so they eventually wind up in the nail shop.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭

Even you ticklish fellas should give this a try. You'd be surprised.....and I guarantee you'll go back once you try.

You start off sitting in a GIANT massage chair that kneads your entire body into mush while you sit there your feet are in a hot whirling tub that has a jet sprayer in it keeping the water moving and giving you something to wiggle your toes in. By the time you've sat there for a bit your feet are nearly numb.....and germ free. Then this tiny lady pulls up a chair and starts doing all kinds of things that you just roll with. She'll trim your nails, file things and scrub it all down. Sometimes it tickles, but she moves from step to step so quickly that you don't have time to really argue or make her stop....she's done and gone on to the next thing by the time you react to anything. Before its over you realize you've never felt this relaxed and refreshed and all she has done anything to is your feet.....its crazy.

But its not over!!!

Then she rubs your legs.....gets the salt scrub after every inch of your legs that she can get to.....then the HOT towels are wrapped around your legs and you sit there thinking about the beach, baby ducks, that song that makes you happy, what flowers smell like, all the good things. She takes the towels off....and then rubs your legs down with oil and HOT stones. You would have bet folding money that you couldn't have felt better somewhere around the salt scrub and hot towels, but you're drooling now and you'd get in the van if she pointed to it right about now and nobody would ever see you again. They paint your toes and you ARE a princess....I swear it, nobody can convince me I'm not at this point.

This is where they get you......after the pedicure they give you your shoes and grab your fingers....leading you over to the manicure desk where they sit you down and then the tiny lady puts your feet in these plastic bags with hot parafin wax. Its crazy....it hurts like crazy for a split second and then it instantly feels amazing. You are sitting at this desk thing with your feet in these bags and they start messing with your hands. You can't understand a word they are saying, but you just say "sure" to whatever is going on. They trim, file, buff, paint, then DIP your fingers in little tubs of sparkly powder, then paint again and it all looks amazing when its done.

They take the bags off of your feet and start rubbing your arms with lotion and massaging your hands, then arms and start doing karate chops on your shoulders. I can't quit looking at my hands and toes, my brain is not functional at all anymore.....these are my best friends now.

You pay her and think "wow" the whole way home.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭

I have gone twice with Wifey to get a pedicure they are nice.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I had a boss that was a few years older than I we worked together maybe 3 or 4 yrs .

any way after work we ( most all the people who worked at the factory ) would hit up a local mom and pop shop restaurant and bar . one day during the summer some one pointed out " Ron" you have your toe nails painted ,

needless to say the comments were as expected to see a older fellow with his toe nails painted 😁

he said some years ago his wife had painted them , and well he liked they way they looked , so he just kept up the painting . . i don't remember any one asking so just a guess maybe he had a toe nail fungus ? using the polish to hide it or he may have just like that splash of wild side look LOL . great fellow a old army vet so to each there own

I just thought about Old Ron while reading your post I would bet he would sign up for such a day if he does not already ..

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

When I visit #2 and #3 in Northwest Arkansas we frequent a salon that serves wine and champagne. Pure bliss. Sip while you get shined.

I get the gel polish. Hands are occasionally done for trips/events. Toes I try to keep up since I will be in Birkenstock sandals until I am tempting frostbite.

I love to step into a salon where they have a menu for services. To remove the fingernail polish they place nail polish remover soaked cotton balls on the nails and wrap each tip with foil. The wine salon provides phone/tablet stylus pens so you can still surf your phone/tablet. I take my Kindle so I can read. The stylus let's me "turn" pages.

The powder is a bit different and you cannot soak it off. I tried to remove just one fingernail's polish here at the house. I had a shot glass with a cotton ball in it, poured nail polish remover in it and held my finger in the glass for an hour. I would rub my nail on the cotton ball and it didn't do a thing at all....the polish looked like it was not affected at all. I get the gel all the time on my toes because it lasts forever and doesn't chip. The next time I go I plan to just do gel on my nails so maybe I can remove it myself when the time comes.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Did the manicurist call you "Rocust Fork"?

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

After reading the OP I think I need a cigarette . 😀

(and I don't smoke)

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

Since I've been going with my girls for as long as they can remember they all call me "mama"...which is funny. I'm like Snow White at the nail salon.

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭

No, I can't talk him into trying it. One day he might.....and it will become a regular thing if he does, I just know it.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

18 guys are interested in the goings on in a nail salon? That is weird.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,270 ******
  • neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

My wife says the only thing athletic about me is my feet and she is not going to touch them.

• chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

If you can't get the nail polish off just buy a brand that is easy to get off and cover up the hard to get off stuff. Sooner or later the nail will grow enough so you can cut off the hard to get off polish. Then remove the easy to get off stuff.🙂

I wish it were that easy...but this is not how it works. Its not just paint, its a thick coating of something that is shaped like your nail instead of just being paint. It pulls away from the nail in the back as it weakens and grows out....so you end up with this little space where water can get and it pulls at every hair or string that gets near it. You run your fingers through your hair and end up tugging some out! If you don't take care of it you can get a fungus. It would look as silly as those guys that paint their tires so it appears they have big rims.

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭

Sure am glad I was born a man, women are just too labor intensive and require way too many additives. 🤣

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • oldgunmanoldgunman Member Posts: 1,779 ✭✭

Great!!!! I quit smoking a long time ago, but after reading all of this---I FEEL THE NEED FOR A SMOKE!!!!

Not one thing you mentioned sounds at all appealing to me. But I am very glad you like it. 😀

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    And fiery auto crashes