In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Some changes on the auction sight are a coming,

GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭

A lot actually, just got the email. Better read this one sellers .

Words not allowed,

not, frt, frt 15, rare breed trigger, wot, forced trigger reset, Venmo, Zelle, Cashapp, cash app, Googlepay, Google pay, apple pay, Applepay, Nazi, KKK

Repeat sentences along with other things. Never thought NAZI in describing a WW-2 firearm would not be allowed, not complaining just heads up for sellers.

ADMIN. No complaint just sellers better read this one. If not allowed delete it or ban me or give me a raise. 🤐🤑

Comments

• Options
    BpbreloadingBpbreloading Member Posts: 35

What about BLM & ANTIFA or all the other inferious alphabet uncivil groups?

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******

It seems unlikely those terms would be used to describe a firearm in any appreciable amount.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭

...Just more PC is creeping into every nook and cranny of our lives, insidious...

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭

Are we awake yet?

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Forced Reset Trigger for AR's. Basically if you keep pressure on it the gun will keep shooting.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭

Lets hope they dont go woke.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭

Agree on N A Z I. Although I am not a collector of such, there are many who are and the proof marks add considerable value.

• Options

I never got that email Walt, is it a legit one?

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

No..........I am asleep by current standards..............and I will hibernate in my state of "unwokeness"

• Options

Yes Todd it is. From Gunbroker support and had Gunbroker sending address. i just checked again. MAYBE, went to spam, would think it would go to all sellers on here since I do that some. If you want it PM your email and will forward it.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

I didn't get it though I think I know why. After 40 years of the same e-mail address, I was forced to change it. How do I change my e-mail address on Gunbroker?

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

I understand not allowing the electronic payment services since they are so anti-gun rights, but I can't use the word "not"? Firearms are a complex subject, when selling, particularly with parts, one sometimes wants to clarify for the buyer that a specific part is NOT for certain firearms. To disallow "not" is just crazy. I have no idea what "frt, frt 15, rare breed trigger, wot, forced trigger reset" refer to, and I have pretty good knowledge on firearms. I suspect GunBroker has become like eBay and have put people in charge of writing and enforcing their "policies" who have no real knowledge on the subject of firearms. (A funny example with eBay: "trigger groups" are allowed, but one cannot sell a "sear" -- someone who made that rule heard something about "drop-in sears" making a gun fully-automatic and thought any "sear" needed to be a prohibited item.) As for the words "N a z i" and "K K K"; WWII is a part of history; Nazi markings are part of describing a lot of WWII collectable stuff. Contrary to the propaganda from the media, there is not some resurgence of "Nazism"; the people being "punished" are collectors -- who happen to be some of the best customers GunBroker has. As for "K K K" (again, there is no "resurgence" of the Ku Klux Klan, as the popular media might lead one to believe): there is a decades old company manufacturing firearm parts and accessories called "Triple K"; I own magazines from them with "KKK" on their packaging; it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the Ku Klux Klan; if listing a Triple K item it makes sense to include that "KKK" since it's part of the brand recognition a customer might use as a search term. I think someone needs to reevaluate what the perceived "problems" are that GB is trying to resolve by banning those words.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info on changing e-mail address. I'll give it a try tomorrow - too late tonight.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin

[but I can't use the word "not"? Firearms are a complex subject, when selling, particularly with parts, one sometimes wants to clarify for the buyer that a specific part is NOT for certain firearms. To disallow "not" is just crazy.]

Well, some sellers use "not" in their title/description in what is known as keyword spamming. Example: Blah blah blah brand X rifle scope. Not Leupold/ Viper/ Burris. Then if one is searching Leupold scopes, their piece of junk shows up in the search. This is highly annoying, and GB has had a policy against that for years. There are sellers that come on these forums that have done this.

• Options

If you read the whole email, it says that those words will be removed from the title effective 10/17, and they will become effective rules for the description as of November first. I think removing the word "not" from the title will be a great thing because some sellers really abuse it. I do however, agree with competentone about using it in the description. This part will "not" fit XXX, or seller will "not" ship to YYYY, and so on.

The email is kind of vague about the whole thing really, especially when it is mentioning about only using words "once", either in the title or the description, or where they can/can't be used. With the use of all the electronic payments being disallowed, I'm surprised that paypal wasn't on their list.

• Options

Thanks Todd. If anyone has the actual text of the e-mail to share here, please do.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭

I get a lot of butt plates from KKK.----------------------Ray

• Options

That repeated word clause will cause no end of issues.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

FRT- Campfire scene from Blazing Saddles?

• Options
    edited October 2022

You make some valid points. I think it's merely a matter of rephrasing some things. Consider:

Instead of: "Not Working, for parts only" (5 words, 27 characters including spaces)

Use: "Doesn't work, parts only" (4 words, 24 characters including spaces)

or: "nonworking, parts only" (3 words, 22 characters including spaces)

Instead of "Not OEM" use: "aftermarket" or "non-OEM".

It's a little "Strunk & White"-ish concision that also avoids the no-no word.

As for "Reproduction, not USGI" that's not clarifying, it's part of the problem being addressed. If it's a reproduction it isn't USGI axiomatically, and anyone searching for USGI gets your listing.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Yes, sellers can rephrase things, as you describe -- and those who are abusing the rules will also rephrase things, with phrases like "Similar to Glock, Colt, S&W" etc., so the problem will persist.

As for "USGI": considering the amount of reproductions that are labeled as "USGI" (mistakenly or in an attempt to deceive), stating clearly that something is NOT USGI isn't trying to game the system.

The best solution for these sorts of problems is to allow: 1) title only searching, 2) exact phrase searching, and 3) specific-word blocked searches. Those who are currently violating the listing rules are exploiting weaknesses of the current search system. Additionally, if GB can identify the banned words, so they can block those listings, they should just as easily be able to warn the sellers engaging in the rule breaking, and ban those SELLERS if they persist in violating the rules.

• Options

Yep, just because you have one employee who regularly shows up late doesn't mean yo need to send out a company wide reminder....

• Options

Like AK47 and AK-47 lots more show with the dash, person must use his noodle to list and get maximum exposure.