In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How is this Possible ?????????????????

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭

Was watching the F1 race on ESPN Saturday night. Bad enough when they race in the US they have 8 times as many commercials then when they get the Sky Sports feed when racing in Europe or Asia. But this entirely blew my MIND. During the entire race on the left quarter of my screen they kept showing odds for next weekends college football games. On the bottom quarter of the screen it kept showing the odds to win the College football National Championship. This basically was a rotation of 4-5 different screens. It even went into the first 30 seconds of each commercial break and then subsided only to come back on when they went back to the race. they even included teams that had absolutely no chance of winning the National Championships and I thought some of those teams weren't even in Division 1.

Now fast forward to a couple of days later I posted a rant on FB about this and my nephew who I just got started into F1. Well his wife posted on FB that they also watched the F1 race on Saturday night on ESPN and they had no issues like this. They live like 20 miles away from me. How is this possible 2 separate houses watching the same channel and getting to different feeds. I don't know what cable or satellite company they have but it wouldn't matter anyway as they have no control over a channels programming. WTF happened here ?????????

Comments

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,304 ******

"I don't know what cable or satellite company they have but it wouldn't matter anyway as they have no control over a channels programming"

I'd say that is where you are incorrect, local companies can easily add to what they are sending out over their media, that is main way they make their money, buy selling advertising over their distribution...

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,108 ✭✭✭✭

not just F1 racing but almost all so called coverage of any sporting event anymore has a ticker running on the bottom and some such add in one of the corners, maybe not to the extent you saw, but all the same very annoying......

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,166 ******
    edited October 2022

Yep. Curt, I would just call your provider and complain. If their advertising is deemed detrimental to their service they won't do it. It will probably require several voices saying the same thing to get anything changed, however, but they will change their strategy if they get enough complaints.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Was watching a College game last weekend and a bunch of blowhards were talking on a pod cast.. showing different games and messing up the whole broadcast

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭

I watched it too and didn't see that. I am in NC.

RLTW

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭✭

I live within 25 miles of COTA...........and you could not pay me to attend in person much less watch it on TV

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭

@mohawk600 I used to go to COTA every year for the moto GP bikes. We would rent a cabin at Bastrop Stare park and had a great time every year.

It was a fun experience but I have never done more walking in my entire life than hanging around COTA for a weekend.

Good times!

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭

We are truly a blessed people when this is what we complain about.

(Yes, I'd whine and moan about it too!)