In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA had the balls to call me tonight....

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
I laughed when they asked for the dues.....
I told the guy I belong to a real Gun Rights Organization that will fight for the second amendment.....unlike the NRA!
The guy asked what the name was.
I told him "Order of The Brethren of The Canary *"
and where he can learn and read about it.
He was speachless and then hung up.

Is everyone prepared to stand their ground when the new government outlaws your grandfather's Winchester or your uncle's AR-15 ????

I don't care what happens but my sidearm is a part of my skin and there is no way I am giving that up !
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great response! Mine are mine, PERIOD! FOREVER!

Lance
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NY how did they get your number? Are you a former member?
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice one, Forester [8D] Very well played sir!
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well played, indeed.[;)]

WTG!!![:D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Half-dozen men today at the gunshow...men I didn't know..declared that HR45 was the last straw.

They would NOT OBEY...and would whatever they are forced to do, if they do not obey.

Never...NEVER...have I heard so much anger.

Now...we wait and see....................
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only a half-dozen though?[:(]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Nicely done forester.

I haven't had any NRA calls for years, at least I don't think so. I rarely answer my phone anymore though.

Maybe trfaux, the paid NRA employee, has identified me as an "NRA Hater" to the organization and told them to not bother calling for donations, I might say something startling, and truthful.[:)]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep getting the stuff in the mail like I have a past due bill.[:D]
    They will try everything.

I have not received any calls since right after my membership expired in November.
    Told the woman I no longer did business with them, and the number they were calling is on the do not call registry. I said the next call will result in me filling out the FTC complaint form, and everytime afterwards.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    They are now using blocked numbers in order to circumvent caller id .[}:)]
    At least in Alabama .
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Some of this stuff is so funny it could go directly into being a weekly comedy television show. No professional writers needed, only reality.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some of this stuff is so funny it could go directly into being a weekly comedy television show. No professional writers needed, only reality.

Are you still here?

You know tr, I'm finished with you. I am finished trying to reason with you, Rau, and others. You either accept the Constitution or you do not. Period. I have tried to be diplomatic, and reason with you and others. You still do not get it, because you do not want to get it.

So be it. I will not sugar-coat it anymore, and I will not be diplomatic.

If you stand against the Constitution, any part of it, you are nothing more than a traitor.

This lay-down, compromising mentality has got us into the schithole we are in today, and I blame folks like you for being part of it. Liberty is on the chopping block, and you and others on here are helping to bear the axe.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Where did the entertaining posts go!!!![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where did the entertaining posts go!!!!

Jim, I am not here to be entertained, and I am not at all amused at the attempted destruction of liberty.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Where did the entertaining posts go!!!!

Jim, I am not here to be entertained, and I am not at all amused at the attempted destruction of liberty.[:(!]

That fun. Yours was the most entertaining of the all!!![}:)]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Are you still here?

You know tr, I'm finished with you. I am finished trying to reason with you, Rau, and others. You either accept the Constitution or you do not. Period. I have tried to be diplomatic, and reason with you and others. You still do not get it, because you do not want to get it.

If you stand against the Constitution, any part of it, you are nothing more than a traitor.

This lay-down, compromising mentality has got us into the schithole we are in today, and I blame folks like you for being part of it. Liberty is on the chopping block, and you and others on here are helping to bear the axe.

I have been finished for awhile.

I don't see what I said that was "funny" per se. It's the truth,......the dolts are sending me mail that says past due in red on the outside of the envelope.

I do not like this type of scam at all. Guess TR thinks it is smart marketing to send people with credit scores of 800 letters insinuating that they owe something that they don't.[}:)]

My number is also unlisted, as well as on the registry,.......it is fully within my rights to tell them to stop calling me.
    They have,.......so far.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That fun. Yours was the most entertaining of the all!!!

Bye, traitor.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am sorry I got you so flustered Shane. But I guess you will get over it!!![}:)]
    As I said, sticks and stones!
    Have a nice day![:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But I guess you will get over it!!!

No, I will not.

• Options
    edited November -1
    But I guess you will get over it!!!

No, I will not.

Now, now, it will be all right!!![:D] Just suck that lower lib back in and stop pouting. I still love you!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We're done, traitor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We're done, traitor.

If you say so. [:0]
    You broke my heart, I'll never get over this![:X]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sure you will.

It's obvious that you have not the slightest of objections to being dubbed a traitor, seeing as how you are able to make jokes.

I would vehemently defend myself if I were to be called the same.

Evidently, it doesn't bother you too much. Maybe it's possible, that the proverbial shoe fits.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sure you will.

It's obvious that you have not the slightest of objections to being dubbed a traitor, seeing as how you are able to make jokes.

I would vehemently defend myself if I were to be called the same.

Evidently, it doesn't bother you too much. Maybe it's possible, that the proverbial shoe fits.[:(!]

Coming from you Shane, it is a joke! You obviously have never given a thing to further this 'freedom' you preach about. Except to insult and call people bad names who exercise this 'freedom' you profess to be promoting. I think hypoctie comes to mind. Like I said, you and the current government have a lot in common![:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    originally posted by Highball:

Half-dozen men today at the gunshow...men I didn't know..declared that HR45 was the last straw.

They would NOT OBEY...and would whatever they are forced to do, if they do not obey.

HB,

I am hearing the same thing, and lots of it.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by Highball:

HB,

I am hearing the same thing, and lots of it.

Being among the unemployeed and talking to others in the same situation I will say the ice is getting thin.

I believe the economy/umemployment is going to get so bad that people will turn to survival mode (do anything to live). This will inturn lead to the government to enact measures that will cause civil unrest. That will in turn lead to gun laws and the people will go along with it to quell the violence. This just my opinion but how I see it. HR 45 will not pass, it won't have to. And I believe this is all planned.

Lance
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Support the NRA or the anti NRA folks here? I prefer the NRA, thank you all.
  • Options
    edited November -1

quote:Support the NRA or the anti NRA folks here?
    That would be 'Pro-Constitution folks"...thank you much for your imput.

quote:I prefer the NRA, thank you all. Most gun controlling gun owners do, actually.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Support the NRA or the anti NRA folks here? I prefer the NRA, thank you all.

If you look at history, our gun laws diminishing, and the current path we are going....you will see that the NRA is comprimising your's and everyone's gun rights away. I'm sure there was some good intensions along the way at some point...but some greedy politian(s) got in the way of that. There is only ONE RIGHT in my opinion...and that is the UNFRINGED RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

You will see the light someday....hopefully it is not to late.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1

Are you still here?

So many * here are so big, bold and tough when it comes to internet posting But so WEAK when it comes to actually going out into the world and actually CONFRONTING that horrible 'BEAST' that Highbail constantly makes mention of.

Why don't JUST ONCE you posers tell us what you have actually done in the REAL WORLD? Hell, a kindergarten kid could do what you * have done. Poster and pose on the internet.

DO SOMETHING OR STFU!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TR,

G -ood
    F -or
    Y -ou

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too received a call from the NRA tonight. Telling me that my membership had expired. I said yes I know. It has been for over 10 years. That kind of threw her off. *L* Anyway. I told her I had no intention of renewing anything. I needed to save my money to buy more ammo and reloading supplies. She still wouldn't hush so I hung up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:DO SOMETHING OR STFU!

Sorry..you don't get to lie, cheat, and steal anymore without it being pointed out.

Tough world, ain't it...you boys had it your own way for a loooong time...but that time is drawing to a close.

Seems there is panic setting in...among the lying, back-stabbing compromising, weak-kneed Quislings that have bartered away our Rights.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR I for one would like to see the acompolishments of a few of these individuals. For myself, I feel the urge to brag a bit. I was financialy able to retire comfortably by 55. I spent 4 years on my local school board and acompolished exactly what I set out to do in 3 years. After my term on the school board I spent another 5 years attending their meetings and writing an article for the local newspaper on the school systems activities. I spent 5 years on the board of a local not for profit day care center. I was their president when we bought property and built a new building. We did this with no capital and a little creative financing. The day care center is still alive and well today. I managed to stay married for 33 years. Raised 3 daughters to be self sufficient citizens. This includes my oldest who I, when she was 14, was sure would not surive her own self destructive behavior to 18. I have been an NRA member since before I can remember and am proud of it. I call my elected officials when I disagree with them as well as when I agree with them. I am a landlord and own and maintain enough rental property to maintain a reasonably comfortable life style. I was active with an Antique auto club for years and was their president for 4 years and on the board of directors for 4 years. This is the first time I ever wrote all this down. I did not realize how much I have actually done in my life so far. And I am far from done. I do not consider the time I spend on line to be all that important or impressive. I rest my case.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Trfaux tossed this gauntlet down...quote:Why don't JUST ONCE you posers tell us what you have actually done in the REAL WORLD? Hell, a kindergarten kid could do what you * have done. Poster and pose on the internet.

DO SOMETHING OR STFU! Lord of Slums, an NRA friendly, Trfaux friendly, "staunch Second Amendment supporter" replies with...quote:I have been an NRA member since before I can remember and am proud of it. I call my elected officials when I disagree with them as well as when I agree with them. Out of that whole "look at me" dissertation, this is all you can list in the "NRA Style" holy war against gun control????

Impressive.[8)]

How about you step up and 'blaze a path' for we mere mortals to follow tr???

You can do this by listing all your "claimed" (after all, this IS the internet) accomplishments in the "NRA Holy War" against gun control, in the "Wayne "Iscariot" La Pee Air Brigade".

I'd love to hear what you "pose" and "posture", whilst you "pound your NRA issued keyboard" in righteous indignation, accusing those who stand on the founding principals and the Constitution of "pounding on their keyboard in internet commando-style", "posturing" and "posing" on the internet.

Don't disappoint us now trfaux. You are big on making demands of others and in asking questions whilst demanding answers. In stepping up and setting the example you demand of others, or in answering such questions yourself.....not so much.

Can't wait to see your reply though.[:)][8)][8)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I call my elected officials when I disagree with them

Slum,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 99.9% of elected officials do not give a rat's * about what the people think.

You call, write, or email, stating your discontent with them. They respond with some 'warm-fuzzy', 'feel-good' bullschit designed to ease your troubled mind, then hang up the phone or hit the 'send' button, laugh, and think to themselves, 'What a sucker.'

There is but one thing, and one thing only, that will convince the majority of our elected officials to listen and adhere to the Constitution; when they come to the realization that the power resides with whom it rightfully belongs; the people.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1

So Does My participation in NRA sanctioned Bullseye competition make me a Traitor??

There are 1000's of people that don't like the direction the NRA has taken itself over the yrs and choose to participate in their sanctioned events. myself included

Are you call'in them Traitors

I don't see you or anyone else for that matter sanctioning these events.

I DARE you to show up at a Bullseye match and call each and every shooter there a TRAITOR and you will see weather or not those people truly believe in their RTKBR

If you make it out of there alive I will be damned surprised
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp
    So Does My participation in NRA sanctioned Bullseye competition make me a Traitor??

There are 1000's of people that don't like the direction the NRA has taken itself over the yrs and choose to participate in their sanctioned events. myself included

I DARE you to show up at a Bullseye match and call each and every shooter there a TRAITOR and you will see weather or not those people truly believe in their RTKBR

I hate it when these discussions get out of hand like this. As you may know, WS and TR have quite a history...nuff said about that.

The range of which I am a member is a strong NRA supporter. In fact dues to the range are discounted for NRA members greater than the cost of a year's NRA membership. I pay full price.

My objections to the NRA are only that they pretend to be a strong 2nd Amendment Rights Organization when they are actually a good shooting sports and self-defence-through-firearms advocacy group.

In doing so, they are participating in the re-definition of why we have a 2nd Amendment and dismiss the fact that the RTKBA exists to protect the security of our freedom not from bambi, targets, clay pigeons or even criminals, but from a government, any government, that would take those freedoms away.

To this end, the NRA supports Permission to Carry laws rather than the elimination of the entire permitting process. To this end, the NRA supports laws that further cement the Government's (local and Federal) powers to regulate and register firearms, license owners etc. It is couched in compromise, and in the concept that it is the best we can do, but it is, without doubt, support of policies and legislation that are not only unconstitutional but are better defined as anti-Constitutional.

Traitor is a specific term that historically only applies in times of war, and when viewed in that light is probably over the top. Promoting an agenda and owning a track record that is contrary to our Constitution when crowing from the roof-tops that your mission is the preservation of the 2nd Amendment is simply wrong.

Again, I quote Cam Edwards of NRA Radio's favorite phrase:

'Right to Carry Permit Holder'

It may be simple ignorance of what the word 'right' actually means. That, however, is a whole lot of ignorance and it simply forces one to consider something deeper. That something deeper is the selling out of the cause, the selling out of an individual right which does not and can not exist with registration, regulation, and licensing.

I personally think Cam Edwards and the NRA leadership know what a right is and know what infringed means, which forces one to accept the fact they are selling out that which they strongly profess to support.

This does, however force a question, a reasonable question, which is:

At what point and under what conditions does a sell-out become a traitor?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think anyone who chooses to participate in NRA sanctioned events would be considered a traitor. However, being an NRA sycophant, worshipping at the alter of Wayne La pee air, supporting a watered down version of the bill of rights, and peddling that as "the best you can do" is what gets some folks branded "traitor". The NRA has a long, sad history of compromising the founders intent of the second amendment, and supporting gun grabbing initiatives that have gone through the political system. That why we view them as treasonous tramps not deserving the adulation they get from some people.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Odawgp,

Easy, killer. No, I am neither referring to you nor the other folks who shoot Bullseye as 'traitors'. My comments were directed at an individual on here who has difficulties in understanding the meaning of 'shall not be infringed'.

I in no way, shape, or form intended to denigrate you by lumping you in with those I attacked, and I apologize if you found yourself within the bursting radius of the grenade I threw. You were not the intended target.

As far as I know, and until proven otherwise, you stand firm on the RTKBA and have a clear understanding of what it means.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    originally posted by Don McManus:

This does, however force a question, a reasonable question, which is:

At what point and under what conditions does a sell-out become a traitor?

Don,

Good question. I will explain my reasoning behind using that particular term.

I am a simple, and as such, it is in my nature to keep things simple. 'Shall not be infringed' is unambiguous; it's simple. I believe an individual, organization, or entity, with regard to the Constitution, either 1) stands for it, or 2) stands against it. There is no middle ground. If said individual, organization, or entity knows what is right, yet does what is wrong, then in my eyes, they fall under #2; they stand against the Constitution. That goes for TR, Rau, the NRA, and most of the folks in D.C.

In matters concerning individual liberty, for one to know the truth, yet advocate the opposite, makes one an enemy of the Constitution. To me, that is the epitome of a traitor.