In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lyman Dies

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
A couple of questions:

First, I bought a set of Deluxe All American dies. The resizing die body appears to have a core material covered by a layer of steel on the outside. Is this a carbide die set?

Next up. I recently purchased a Lyman 310 tool. I believe that the Lyman TruLine or Junior dies will screw into the 310 tool. However, will the TruLine or Junior function in the 310 tool? I suspect not but would like confirmation before buying dies.

Comments

• Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the AA dies are for a straight-walled pistol cartridge, it likely IS a carbide die; is it marked "TC"?

The Tru-Line dies will work in the 310 tool, after a fashion; however, the Tru-Line set lacks the priming die the 310 rerquires.
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Richard,

Thanks. I checked and the the die is marked "TC" and for a straight walled cartridge (38 S&W). So I do have a carbide set.

Your info on the tru line dies will narrow my search and save from making a mistake.

Jim