In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA Opinion

13»

Comments

• Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Join the NRA. What separates them from the other orgs that also beg for more money for the 2nd amendment cause. They have real publications. NRA has a established legislative folks who not only fight but send electoninc notices to members with links to automated letters to your congressional leaders. The NRA allows qualified members to elect who sits on the board of directors.

Since 1871 the NRA has struggled to promote the 2nd amendment. It is established and respected. With over 6 million members it presents
    a voting block that politicians listen to.

Yes you should join.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    DirtyDawg wrote:
    NRA = Negotiated Rights Association

I choose to only support organizations that support the 2nd amendment in its entirety. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Period.

Look into the GOA or SAF. Both are leaps and bounds better than the NRA.

I guess I need to resurrect the historical post of how the NRA has compromised the 2nd over the last 5 to 8 decades.

Yep, and there's a long list of NRA atrocities posted over on the Gun Rights forum for those that care to go read it. Their support of the bump stock ban is just the latest one. Fudd central is what they are.
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JOIN

If not for the NRA most likely Hillary would be pres and Biden the next pres. (or Bernie)
    What more important reason would you need?

Well another reason or two
    (especially if you like (enjoy) your guns and want to keep enjoying them)

Lots of weak people (weak upstairs in the head) out there that want to take your guns. ;)
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No matter how you want to prioritize them they are one of the top 3 organizations fighting for our 2nd amendment rights, and possibly hold the number one position.

They are always the organization that anti gun people mention and they are on the top of the list of targets to destroy for the anti gun organizations. That should tell you something.

I have great respect and support for the GOA and the SAF , but my primary support goes to the NRA. There is no reason not to join the other pro gun organizations , but for $35 a year or less the NRA is a cheap investment.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Life member. Glad I joined and would do so again.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
    I am a member of the NRA
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say join. They're not perfect, but neither are any of us and our wives keep us! :lol:

If you don't think that they do enough, also join SAF or GOA.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    I'd say join. They're not perfect, but neither are any of us and our wives keep us! :lol:

If you don't think that they do enough, also join SAF or GOA.

I think they do plenty... of the wrong thing.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain