In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"I want to return this rifle"......

13»

Comments

• Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    On another note....being a consignment seller means that I have to do my best for BOTH sides of the sale.

If this sucker were mine....I'd take it back and tell Gun Broker this guy was a moron and hope they terminate him. Then I'd move on.....but this isn't the case with this one.

The person that owns this one....watched the auction and expects his payment for the sale. If I had missed something, listed it as the wrong caliber, broken firing pin, crack in the stock not shown in the pictures.....then I would be 100% inclined to take this back.....give the seller his money...refund the buyer....relist it and HOPE to get as much out of it as I could to recoup my mistake (this has happened.)

You guys for the most part agree that this guy is "iffy" on why he wants to return it. I think most of you understand this whole thing.

No doubt in my mind. You don't throw 1400 bucks at a rifle and then grow concerns that warrant a return.

"I just thought you measured it wrong" Really? and then you didn't bother to send an email to ask? What gives?
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Many good points made in both directions on this one. My 2 cents...I deal with the public and often take up the slack for a customer.

Customers often misunderstand and do/want crazy things. Expectations are sometimes unreasonable. I would no doubt keep a larger percentage of my earnings if I lawyered up and proved the customer wrong when they asked for something nuts but one of my goals is to leave a happy customer in my wake.

I build the expense of dealing with the small percentage of truly unreasonable people into the cost of doing business. I depend on repeat business and word of mouth referrals are my bread and butter. Perhaps selling firearms nationwide on the internet is like being a noodle shop owner in China. Repeat customers just are not as important as another one will be by shortly.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't ever have the "he is just one guy and doesn't matter" attitude....that would bother me. Its just something that crawls all over me about this one....its like someone buying pants that say SIZE 10, then taking them back because they figured they were really a size 12.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Kase, I received my gun,and its not perfect.....well?....[:o)]

I'm sure its worth more just because its yours!!! Pwillie treasure....its like Elvis memorabilia, but even better!
    I'm gonna turn you in.....to the......I'll have to think about it....Keltec police?[:o)]
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I don't ever have the "he is just one guy and doesn't matter" attitude....that would bother me. Its just something that crawls all over me about this one....its like someone buying pants that say SIZE 10, then taking them back because they figured they were really a size 12.

Didnt mean to imply that that was your attitude. I'll give you an example of mine.

This morning I spent an hour repairing a brand new water heater. The customer supplied the heater because the quality heater I quoted him on installing was too expensive. When I installed the el cheapo water heater for him it was bad out of the box. Not my problem to handle. My job was done as soon as the install was complete. I handled it for him and left him in good shape. If he is smart enough to realize what service I provided then he will use me again. Sometimes I will no doubt come out on the short end of the stick but I believe most people appreciate what I do and will keep coming back.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If its been modified then I think it should have been disclosed/described in the ad, sure it fit the description as stated but disclosing the alteration is important same importance as the buyer should be asking questions before buying/bidding about the length especially when he acknowledged reading the odd measurement. I say both parties are a fault here, I'd personally have to make it right, I believe in Karma too much to do otherwise [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    l think they have "Barrel Stretchers" on sale this weekend @ Harbor Freight. lncluding the box too.

Rumor is they are made by the " Mother Forker Barrel Stretcher Company" in Remlap Alabama. lt also has a built in automatic camera and tape measure..

Also in the works from Mother Forker is a "Box Stretcher"..

Liberal return policy too. Satisfaction gaaranteed or "DOUBLE" your money back [:0]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    this hobby of yours is really getting complicated, you thought about maybe taking up fishing?
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen Nunn... Totally agree .We do not either..

quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I sometimes sell on consignment. I never send payment to a gun's owner until after the gun is in the buyer's hands and I know he is satisfied with it.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree with you..

• Options
    cowboykellcowboykell Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes you have to pay for your education....this guy just got educated. He is SOL.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The buyer should be aware of what he is buying but so should the seller know what is being sold.

Did the seller know the barrel was cut down?

Did the consignee know the barrel was cut down?

Maybe the consignee is responsible for this conundrum.
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking at the pics, I don't believe the barrel has been cut down at all. I have looked at my share of 73s & 92s.

OP should be praised for posted plenty of photos, more than I would expect. Pics were very clear.

Having said that, I would not have paid that much for that rifle.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,441 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75

No doubt in my mind. You don't throw 1400 bucks at a rifle and then grow concerns that warrant a return.

"I just thought you measured it wrong" Really? and then you didn't bother to send an email to ask? What gives?
    Yep.
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't know it was cut. But I also wouldn't care. I don't COLLECT guns; I shoot them. If you want to be a collector, you better study and know enough to make your own evaluation so you don't have to trust somebody else's opinion or pay too much. Buyer's fault for bidding so high without asking questions.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to know did you know it was cutdown? What are the specifics of your return policy? It does not appear that you are lily white in this situation
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    It seems that we have a perfect match here.

An inexperienced "collector" with some funds to "invest" met up with the auction that fit.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The conversation has run its course, and Kasey has made her final decision based on the opinions of the forum members.

Any further questioning will just create an atmosphere of belittling a top seller on Gun Broker.

If you want to continue communicating with Kasey on this issue, do it through private messaging, not on the forum.