In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got a question for you dads out there...

mwester89mwester89 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Would you allow your 14 year old daughter to date an almost 18 year old guy? I'm just curious and want to know some Gunbroker peoples opinions, it's not like there's a 14 year old girl that I'm planning on asking out or anything. [:0][}:)]

Comments

• HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Absolutely not. Why is this even a question?
  • wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    noway nohow not even same room without me and my shotgun
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
  • Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Not at all.. We didn't allow our daughter to date until she was 16. Then we put curfew of 10pm. Of course that was alot of years ago.
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    sounds like someone is a pedophile
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, we didn't!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    no, and i'd whip his * for askin[;)][:(!]
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No!

Which side of this situation are you on? If you are the 18 year old, you could face criminal charges (and the wrath of a pizzed off dad), leave her the heck alone. If you are the parent, you should know better than to have to ask.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    over his dead body

at 14 she wouldn't dating a 14 year old, let along an almost 18, you may have well rephrase the question "would you let your 14 year old have sex with an almost 18 year old" , cause thats all it will really be
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    not a chance in hell
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can justify it in your own mind, but your choice could end you up in trouble.

If she is worth it, wait till she is of legal age.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would I let my 14 year old daughter date any guy?
    No.
  • mwester89mwester89 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang, this thread caught on quick...Kyplumber: no, I'm not a pedophile, Txlawdog: I'm the almost 18 year old guy, and the girl is actually 15(I had a brain fart at the time and put 14[:I]), and yes I know the problems with being 18 and the possible wrath of Dad...I'm very strongly, the "no sex until marriage" type and I respect the parents rules and decisions of any girl I date [8D]
  • TANGO X-RAYTANGO X-RAY Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No dating till 16... son or daughter.
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    I would shoot em for askin'.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mwester89
    Dang, this thread caught on quick...Kyplumber: no, I'm not a pedophile, Txlawdog: I'm the almost 18 year old guy, and the girl is actually 15(I had a brain fart at the time and put 14[:I]), and yes I know the problems with being 18 and the possible wrath of Dad...I'm very strongly, the "no sex until marriage" type and I respect the parents rules and decisions of any girl I date [8D]

well good..you can come help around the farm ,bale hay,feed cows,slop the hogs..maybe drink some lemonade and swing on the front porch,and wait till she is 17..then maybe..if you can work[:0][B)]
  • dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • legionkahnlegionkahn Member Posts: 4,055
    edited November -1
    I would whip his * if he even asked my daughter out, so the answer is no. Surely you should know the answer to the question.My daughter will not be dating any boy at 14 [:(!][:(!][V][:(!]
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go find a nice gal that is YOUR age.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Tommyjoe: No, I'm not that immature, in fact a few months ago I attempted to date an 18 year old(it didn't work out)...now, one of my 15 year old friends has "caught my eye" and if she and her parents are ok with it I'd like to date her.

I never imagined this thread would get so much attention so quickly, it was more for amusement and curiosity for anything else, I guess Gunbroker people sure do care about their daughters and who they date [:)]
  • carolinashootercarolinashooter Member Posts: 339 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not hardly. My 14 year old daughter would not be dating anyone. I have had 2 of those creatures of my own (14 year old daughters) and know of what I speak.
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt let my 14 yr old daughter date a 14 yr old boy in this day and time.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1

I'm not even a father, and i think U need your * kicked all day and into the night for even thinking about it. If you feel strongly enough about it, email me for address and directions to my house.
    I would be more than happy to WEAR U THE HELL OUT!![:(!]
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    They isn't enough NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN's in the word NO.
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    NO

your address ?

1110 Crestfield Way

Leland, NC 28451-9405
  • oldgunmanoldgunman Member Posts: 1,779 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

I'm not even a father, and i think U need your * kicked all day and into the night for even thinking about it. If you feel strongly enough about it, email me for address and directions to my house.
    I would be more than happy to WEAR U THE HELL OUT!![:(!]
    [^] +1 put the saddle on him [^]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tommyjoe: No, I'm not that immature, in fact a few months ago I attempted to date an 18 year old(it didn't work out)...now, one of my 15 year old friends has "caught my eye" and if she and her parents are ok with it I'd like to date her.

I never imagined this thread would get so much attention so quickly, it was more for amusement and curiosity for anything else, I guess Gunbroker people sure do care about their daughters and who they date [:)]

its called morals, and thats what is wrong with this country today, everyone is losing them

my oldest is 21 lives at home, not allowed to have a girl spend the night, or be in his room without the door open, why? because they are not freakin married , he can spend the night at her home {21 lives at home too}, just because her parents have no morals dont mean im loosening mine
    edited November -1
    Seriously. WTH is wrong with you?

You both should be on different maturity planes.

Perhaps not. [:(!]

Some punk asked me about my daughter in the same age situation, we would go for a long walk. I would be the only one returning. [:(!]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

its called morals, and thats what is wrong with this country today, everyone is losing them

my oldest is 21 lives at home, not allowed to have a girl spend the night, or be in his room without the door open, why? because they are not freakin married , he can spend the night at her home {21 lives at home too}, just because her parents have no morals dont mean im loosening mine
    Man of my own heart
    edited November -1
    So, how many of you guys date, have dated or married women 10, 15, or even 20 years younger than you? In my teenage opinion, if the guy has earned the father's trust is there really a huge issue if he date's his 15 year old daughter. I know several people my age who are dating girls 2-3 years younger than them without things like sex and such...of course me and the majority of my friends are born again Christians. [:0]
    edited November -1
    I call bull on this.