In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got a question for you dads out there...

13»

Comments

• Options
    WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regardless of what you think you wouldn't do we all have been there and know the game. before you know it you are in too deep[:D][:D][:D]

Do not do it you are making a mistake and will go to jail or be killed by her father. In NC the law does not play. Her parents do not even have to file charges against you the DA can do it on his own with out consent of anyone as the law is very clear. Welcome to LIFE. it does not matter what you think or want if you are willing to break the law be willing to accept the consequences and while you are serving time her parents will be trashing your letters and she will be off with other 14 yr olds. Not good for you.

Before you make up your mind go to the Raleigh Sheriffs dept web site and click on the sexual predators page and look real hard at each one of them. You will be on there as some of them did nothing more than what you are proposing. They are labeled for LIFE. They can never move with out reporting there new location, Notice it really doesn't say if they raped an 80 yr old woman or where 18 dating a 14 yr old girl. They are SEXUAL PREDATORS PERIOD. THINK REAL HARD ABOUT THIS
  • Options
    dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    A 14 year old should not date. At age 16 group dates are fine. 14 year old date an 18 year old? NOPE!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mwester89
    Wouldn't it be statutory rape only if we had sexual intercourse?

first you get arrested because the insinuation, then YOU have to prove it otherwise, hope your rich, or your parents dont mind losing their home

and remember this, she {the 15 year old} has you by the balls, pizz her off and your in jail, go ahead and forget about saving yourself, cause you aint coming out of jail no virgin, inmates even in county dont look at this any different than we do
  • Options
    mwester89mwester89 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alright Gunbroker people, yall are right, although I don't think it would be morally wrong to date a 15 year old at my age, with her parents approval, it would be very unwise. I ain't gonna ask her out. Wow, I never thought Gunbroker could be so convincing and beneficial.
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WCI
    Regardless of what you think you wouldn't do we all have been there and know the game. before you know it you are in too deep[:D][:D][:D]

Do not do it you are making a mistake and will go to jail or be killed by her father. In NC the law does not play. Her parents do not even have to file charges against you the DA can do it on his own with out consent of anyone as the law is very clear. Welcome to LIFE. it does not matter what you think or want if you are willing to break the law be willing to accept the consequences and while you are serving time her parents will be trashing your letters and she will be off with other 14 yr olds. Not good for you.

Before you make up your mind go to the Raleigh Sheriffs dept web site and click on the sexual predators page and look real hard at each one of them. You will be on there as some of them did nothing more than what you are proposing. They are labeled for LIFE. They can never move with out reporting there new location, Notice it really doesn't say if they raped an 80 yr old woman or where 18 dating a 14 yr old girl. They are SEXUAL PREDATORS PERIOD. THINK REAL HARD ABOUT THIS

Sheesh,,,are you trying to deter him? or get him excited? with words like:

SHE

HARD

REAL HARD

SEXUAL

RAPE

WANT

WILLING

DOES NOT MATTER

ACCEPT

WANT

PLAY

Talk about subliminal message...[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Regardless of what lies they have tought you in school, you will learn in life and the "real world", YOU ARE GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. just being honest. you could have the best intentions in the world but you would be looked at as a pedophile and would cost you many thousands of dollars to prove other wise. NOT WORTH IT. If you are willing to wait to have sex ahy not just wait to date her until she is 18. In four years look her up if you still want to.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Alright Gunbroker people, yall are right, although I don't think it would be morally wrong to date a 15 year old at my age, with her parents approval, it would be very unwise. I ain't gonna ask her out. Wow, I never thought Gunbroker could be so convincing and beneficial.

Somehow I doubt you will cease and desist, on your persuit of this girl.

You tried justifying what you wanted to do, far to long. Moreso, I personally belive you said what you did, just to shut up the dissent of this forum.

Either way, makes no matter to me. There will be consequences to any further action on your part.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind: Do you personally know me? I'm not totally stupid you know, I'm able to accept and heed good advice.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Somehow I doubt you will cease and desist, on your persuit of this girl.

You tried justifying what you wanted to do, far to long. Moreso, I personally belive you said what you did, just to shut up the dissent of this forum.

Either way, makes no matter to me. There will be consequences to any further action on your part.

+1

and you cant say you have not been warned, even though some advice you received here tonight was pretty diplomatic, some was harsh, none should be ignored, if it is your thinking with the wrong head anyway, and that alone throws out your innocent intentions
  • Options
    JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This thread needs a LOCK. he has the answer he wantedasked for.
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Holy Hannah!

All this hoop-la from a guy that supposedly made an informed decision between the NRA, and GOA, all by his lonesome?

What's that smell?[:o)]
  • Options
    redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here in minnesota a 14 year girl and 18 year old guy it is called Criminal sexual conduct 3rd degree
    609.344 CRIMINAL SEXUAL CONDUCT IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
    Subdivision 1.Crime defined.A person who engages in sexual penetration with another person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the third degree if any of the following circumstances exists:

(a) the complainant is under 13 years of age and the actor is no more than 36 months older than the complainant. Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant shall be a defense;

(b) the complainant is at least 13 but less than 16 years of age and the actor is more than 24 months older than the complainant. In any such case if the actor is no more than 120 months older than the complainant, it shall be an affirmative defense, which must be proved by a preponderance of the evidence, that the actor reasonably believes the complainant to be 16 years of age or older. In all other cases, mistake as to the complainant's age shall not be a defense. If the actor in such a case is no more than 48 months but more than 24 months older than the complainant, the actor may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than five years. Consent by the complainant is not a defense;

(c) the actor uses force or coercion to accomplish the penetration;

(d) the actor knows or has reason to know that the complainant is mentally impaired, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless;

(e) the complainant is at least 16 but less than 18 years of age and the actor is more than 48 months older than the complainant and in a position of authority over the complainant. Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant is a defense;

(f) the actor has a significant relationship to the complainant and the complainant was at least 16 but under 18 years of age at the time of the sexual penetration. Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant is a defense;

(g) the actor has a significant relationship to the complainant, the complainant was at least 16 but under 18 years of age at the time of the sexual penetration, and:

(i) the actor or an accomplice used force or coercion to accomplish the penetration;

(ii) the complainant suffered personal injury; or

(iii) the sexual abuse involved multiple acts committed over an extended period of time.

Neither mistake as to the complainant's age nor consent to the act by the complainant is a defense;

(h) the actor is a psychotherapist and the complainant is a patient of the psychotherapist and the sexual penetration occurred:

(i) during the psychotherapy session; or

(ii) outside the psychotherapy session if an ongoing psychotherapist-patient relationship exists.

Consent by the complainant is not a defense;

(i) the actor is a psychotherapist and the complainant is a former patient of the psychotherapist and the former patient is emotionally dependent upon the psychotherapist;

(j) the actor is a psychotherapist and the complainant is a patient or former patient and the sexual penetration occurred by means of therapeutic deception. Consent by the complainant is not a defense;

(k) the actor accomplishes the sexual penetration by means of deception or false representation that the penetration is for a bona fide medical purpose. Consent by the complainant is not a defense;

(1) the actor is or purports to be a member of the clergy, the complainant is not married to the actor, and:

(i) the sexual penetration occurred during the course of a meeting in which the complainant sought or received religious or spiritual advice, aid, or comfort from the actor in private; or

(ii) the sexual penetration occurred during a period of time in which the complainant was meeting on an ongoing basis with the actor to seek or receive religious or spiritual advice, aid, or comfort in private. Consent by the complainant is not a defense;

(m) the actor is an employee, independent contractor, or volunteer of a state, county, city, or privately operated adult or juvenile correctional system, including, but not limited to, jails, prisons, detention centers, or work release facilities, and the complainant is a resident of a facility or under supervision of the correctional system. Consent by the complainant is not a defense;

(n) the actor provides or is an agent of an entity that provides special transportation service, the complainant used the special transportation service, and the sexual penetration occurred during or immediately before or after the actor transported the complainant. Consent by the complainant is not a defense; or

(o) the actor performs massage or other bodywork for hire, the complainant was a user of one of those services, and nonconsensual sexual penetration occurred during or immediately before or after the actor performed or was hired to perform one of those services for the complainant.

Subd. 2.Penalty.Except as otherwise provided in section 609.3455, a person convicted under subdivision 1 may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 15 years or to a payment of a fine of not more than $30,000, or both. A person convicted under this section is also subject to conditional release under section 609.3455.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just so we are clear this isn't Eric's daughter is it[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Freemind: Do you personally know me? I'm not totally stupid you know, I'm able to accept and heed good advice.

I don't need to know you personally.

quote:Would you allow your 14 year old daughter to date an almost 18 year old guy? I'm just curious and want to know some Gunbroker peoples opinions, it's not like there's a 14 year old girl that I'm planning on asking out or anything.

You showed your LACK of maturity and your LACK of capabilty to make good decisions by asking the question you did. You ALSO reinforced that by continuing to rationalize your planned actions.

Also, if you were so capable of heeding "good advice", why did you keep rationalizing your planned actions? You were just fishing for support, and you received NONE.

If you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions.
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    No freaking way on God's green earth. My kids will be allowed to go on supervised dates at 16, but even then it will not be with an 18 y/o. If my kids (boy or girl) want to date an 18 y/o they need to wait till they are 18. You are young and dumb (no offense its just a fact, been there and done that) one thing WILL lead to another, protect yourself wait till she's 18.

If I found out my 15 y/o daughter had sex with an 18 y/o boy, I would ask him once and only once if he was going to marry her, if he said no or was not prepared to do so before a justice of the peace or pastor within the next week, I would press charges against him in a heartbeat.

Wait till she's 18 or you may find yourself with a 10 year prison sentence, or getting your * peppered with rock salt from her daddy's shotgun. Or both.
  • Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    NO! I'd kick the guys butt all the way back to his house.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yall, I'm still technically a minor(17 for 18 more days) and I've been convinced that pursuing this would be a very bad decision. Thanks to all those who gave mature, adult(even the harsh ones) responses. Now, I'm wondering if I can continue to post on this forum without getting killed...

Btw Stubnoid, I did in fact let my NRA membership expire, and I joined the GOA...I also think the CA's are 100% correct. [:0]
  • Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    I'm 6 years older than my wife, but when we met she was 19 and I was 25. That makes a big difference.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Yall, I'm still technically a minor(17 for 18 more days) and I've been convinced that pursuing this would be a very bad decision. Thanks to all those who gave mature, adult(even the harsh ones) responses. Now, I'm wondering if I can continue to post on this forum without getting killed...

Btw Stubnoid, I did in fact let my NRA membership expire, and I joined the GOA...I also think the CA's are 100% correct. [:0]

You've shown maturity by asking. Most kids would just do whatever makes them feel good without considering the consequences. You'll be ok. [:)]
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1

Sometimes you need a harsh opinion to overcome the teenage hormones. You most certainly can continue to post here and you are welcome to stay we'd love to have you. I think you'd fit in just fine, you won't get killed no more than anyone else.

This place is truly a good cross section of America, you will find a broad spectrum of views from all over the country here, good or bad.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang, this thread caught on quick...Kyplumber: no, I'm not a pedophile, Txlawdog: I'm the almost 18 year old guy, and the girl is actually 15(I had a brain fart at the time and put 14[:I]), and yes I know the problems with being 18 and the possible wrath of Dad...I'm very strongly, the "no sex until marriage" type and I respect the parents rules and decisions of any girl I date [8D]

Thanks for all added info....The answer is still NO....You are a man, she is still a child.
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1