In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got a question for you dads out there...

Comments

• Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mwester89
    So, how many of you guys date, have dated or married women 10, 15, or even 20 years younger than you? In my teenage opinion, if the guy has earned the father's trust is there really a huge issue if he date's his 15 year old daughter. I know several people my age who are dating girls 2-3 years younger than them without things like sex and such...of course me and the majority of my friends are born again Christians. [:0]

If you are such the Christian...then why would you consider dating a girls so young?
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely not.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Not only no, but HELL NO!
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HELL NO DUMB *!!!
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no way in hell you should be asking a girl younger than 17 for a date. However if you wish to spend time with her, there are ways. For example, you could go over and help her Dad out around the house. Meet her a church socials and at school functions that have adult supervision.

You should never ask her folks if you could date her. If you start hanging around the family at decent times and volunteer to help out anyway you can, you could build a relationship with her folks. Don't show up looking like some scumbag. Be neat and trimmed, wear clean clothes, and be very respectful. Keep your phone calls to her during decent hours. It always pissed me off when some kid would call after 8pm. Show her folks how responsible you are and never sneak around with her. When she turns 17, then you may ask for a date.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Originally posted by mwester89

Dang, this thread caught on quick...Kyplumber: no, I'm not a pedophile, Txlawdog: I'm the almost 18 year old guy, and the girl is actually 15(I had a brain fart at the time and put 14), and yes I know the problems with being 18 and the possible wrath of Dad...I'm very strongly, the "no sex until marriage" type and I respect the parents rules and decisions of any girl I date

I call bullschite on this.

yep
    he doesn't sound like a teenager
  • Options
    GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ~Mr. Colt .45~~Mr. Colt .45~ Member Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im not even a dad yet and I know the answer to this question. NFW!
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I would allow it, but I'd make you wait 4 years.
    [:)]

At 18, the difference of 4 years is huge. Yes, I have dated women half my age, but they were in their 20's. In your case, you'd be dating a 9 year old.

Only date girls/women with a driver's license.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't date anyone that could result in prison time!!!
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Not the chance of a snowball in hell.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    So, how many of you guys date, have dated or married women 10, 15, or even 20 years younger than you? In my teenage opinion, if the guy has earned the father's trust is there really a huge issue if he date's his 15 year old daughter. I know several people my age who are dating girls 2-3 years younger than them without things like sex and such...of course me and the majority of my friends are born again Christians. [:0]

What a load of BS. Justifacation and pleading to do something you allready KNOW is wrong.

IMO, you should be hung by your tesicles.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang, this thread caught on quick...Kyplumber: no, I'm not a pedophile, Txlawdog: I'm the almost 18 year old guy, and the girl is actually 15(I had a brain fart at the time and put 14[:I]), and yes I know the problems with being 18 and the possible wrath of Dad...I'm very strongly, the "no sex until marriage" type and I respect the parents rules and decisions of any girl I date [8D]

The reason you are getting such a strong response is that we were all 18 years old once too. We all know what goes on in the mind of an 18 year old boy. We all know that an 18 year old boy will do and say anything to get what he wants from a girl. We all know what an 18 year old boy wants from a girl, and it isn't to spend time with the parents of the girl. Add to this that the girl is underage and most likely very impressionable, and you have the makings of big trouble.[:0][:0][B)][B)][xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    Dang, this thread caught on quick...Kyplumber: no, I'm not a pedophile, Txlawdog: I'm the almost 18 year old guy, and the girl is actually 15(I had a brain fart at the time and put 14[:I]), and yes I know the problems with being 18 and the possible wrath of Dad...I'm very strongly, the "no sex until marriage" type and I respect the parents rules and decisions of any girl I date [8D]

The reason you are getting such a strong response is that we were all 18 years old once too. We all know what goes on in the mind of an 18 year old boy. We all know that an 18 year old boy will do and say anything to get what he wants from a girl. We all know what an 18 year old boy wants from a girl, and it isn't to spend time with the parents of the girl. Add to this that the girl is underage and most likely very impressionable, and you have the makings of big trouble.[:0][:0][B)][B)][xx(][xx(]

+1000
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    14s teen dont date priod.

get someone his own age.

the line will not be crossed at 20 24.

its just the wrong time.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no.

15'll get you 20. (If Daddy don't catch you first....)
  • Options
    justusnospamjustusnospam Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Dude, that child is 14 or 15, and is in NO way mature enough to make the decision to date an 18 year old. You obviously are not mature enough to KNOW BETTER than to try to date a child. That's why Dad's exist, to whomp an idiots a77 for asking. Wait until she's 18 and then ask her out. She will still be too young to any decent Dad, but we do have to let go sometime. But at her age, I'd take you hunting [:0]
  • Options
    mwester89mwester89 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lt496 and moonshine: In a way it was bull, I thought 14 would make for a more interesting question though...and yes I'm actually a teenager, I was born on December 18th, 1991 at Rex hospital in North Carolina.

Everyone, I know that I'm not a father, and not even an adult so I don't have the life experience that most of you have, and I don't want to offend yall and make yall think I'm some kind of freak, but seriously...if a guy has earned the parents trust, and promises (and truly keeps that promise) not to engage in intimate activity or get himself into a situation where he will be tempted to, what is the problem if he is 18 and the girl is 15?
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    Light the TORCH and bring the Noose!
  • Options
    WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    NFW!!! [:(!]

+1
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I have been there and done that, and have reported the same here. The answer was, "NO!" I had exactly ONE conversation with the young man who was following my niece around, making my position clear.

14 and 18 are a world apart. 18 and 22 are a little closer. 22 and 26, much better.

After that, it really doesn't matter much. Dawnie is 40 and I will be 57 in a few days.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lt496 and moonshine: In a way it was bull, I thought 14 would make for a more interesting question though...and yes I'm actually a teenager, I was born on December 18th, 1991 at Rex hospital in North Carolina.

Everyone, I know that I'm not a father, and not even an adult so I don't have the life experience that most of you have, and I don't want to offend yall and make yall think I'm some kind of freak, but seriously...if a guy has earned the parents trust, and promises (and truly keeps that promise) not to engage in intimate activity or get himself into a situation where he will be tempted to, what is the problem if he is 18 and the girl is 15?

it doesnt matter what the parents think in the eyes of the law, most states sexual consent is 16, now just for a minute lets say you do not plan on sexual intercourse, look at the responses you have received here alone, you think a officer or court of law is going to look at it any different?, go ahead get caught taking her to the movies and see what can happen

if your intentions are as innocent as you claim, don't put yourself in a situation to where they can be put into question PERIOD

i'm 44 years old, i'm not a pedophile, but i'm not stopping on the road and ask a minor for directions in a strange town, i'll move on till i find an adult "get it"?
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    because in most states she is a minor while you are of age...if her father presses the issue you could wind up in jail son...statutory rape.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't it be statutory rape only if we had sexual intercourse?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Lets get somethin straight Skippy. LEGALLY you ARE an adult. That means ANY girl younger than YOU is forbidden fruit. Not only is it just plain STUPID to be dating a child, it is illegal for ANY sexual contact.

Stammer and stumble all you like. I was 18 once too. You are lying if you say that you are not having sexual thoughts. You and this girl should be on different maturity planes.

YOU have the making of a pedohpile in your mind. I would like to take you for a long walk. [:(!]
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    Lot of good answers here.

NO! you should not be dating 15 yr. old girls either. Find a gal your own age.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO, I know how 14 year olds look nowadays and I know what is on 18 year olds mind (one thing)
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't it be statutory rape only if we had sexual intercourse?

Even "petting" could get you charged with sexual assault of a minor or contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
  • Options
    WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter. NFW. You are too young to understand as you are at that age where you know more and better than anyone else. Look you have your whole life ahead of you and you are about to do something stupid. Do you hear me? Can you hear me? You are about to f_k up. Don't be that guy. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Look around you. I'm sure this is probably an exceptional looking young lady who is very mature for her age and you might even feel as though she would be more interested in you as she could brag on the age of her boyfriend but it would be a mistake for you and her both, regardless of what her parents say or think.

Have you talked to your parents about this? What do they think? Do you have a sister?
  • Options
    legionkahnlegionkahn Member Posts: 4,055
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Lets get somethin straight Skippy. LEGALLY you ARE an adult. That means ANY girl younger than YOU is forbidden fruit. Not only is it just plain STUPID to be dating a child, it is illegal for ANY sexual contact.

Stammer and stumble all you like. I was 18 once too. You are lying if you say that you are not having sexual thoughts. You and this girl should be on different maturity planes.

YOU have the making of a pedohpile in your mind. I would like to take you for a long walk. [:(!]
    two walk out to the back of the barn , only one comes back.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    just being with her could be contributing to the delinquency of a minor...you do what you feel is right,but if you have to ask..you know your gut feeling is tellin you its wrong..let it be and wait..its a moral issue
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do I have the making of a pedophile in my mind? I mean, I know what I will do with a girl regardless of how old she is, and how is there any sexual perversion in likeing a 15 year old at 18, she looks like any other teenage girl, be it 15 or 17. So on the day I turn 18 should I only date girls older than me, even when I have no intention of having sexual intimacy with any girl I date?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WCI: My parents have talked about it some, they seem to trust me not to "go to far" and get in legal trouble, no, I don't have a sister.

Btw, thanks to the overwhelming responses on this forum I will seriously think about what decision I make.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do I have the making of a pedophile in my mind? I mean, I know what I will do with a girl regardless of how old she is, and how is there any sexual perversion in likeing a 15 year old at 18, she looks like any other teenage girl, be it 15 or 17. So on the day I turn 18 should I only date girls older than me, even when I have no intention of having sexual intimacy with any girl I date?
    Sounds damn good to me.

NO. If I were a friend of said 14 year old, I would ram my fist so far into your throat you'd choke on it.

Leave the girl alone. She isnt even old enough to realize what dating is, and does not even have the mind enough to make the decision for herself. If you ask ANY 14-15 year old girl to date, and are older, I almost promise they'll say yes.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    WCI: My parents have talked about it some, they seem to trust me not to "go to far" and get in legal trouble, no, I don't have a sister.

Btw, thanks to the overwhelming responses on this forum I will seriously think about what decision I make.

when you go out with her bring a ton of lube!! as im sure your virgin * will need it when you tell bubba and booboo what you're in for, they might have daughters.
  • Options
    WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What could the two of you possibly have in common at this point? Neither of you have truly defined yourselves as individuals yet. When I was your age there where two things on our minds sex and alcohol. If you felt it was right you wouldn't have asked us here. it is wrong on many different levels. You said you had tried to date an older girl but it didn't work out,if you are still in the Raleigh area there are plenty of girls around. I grew up around there go to Chapel Hill, you have three major universities around you with parties every weekend at multiple locations. Go blend in and have a good time and you will be thankful you did. Also I wouldn't say that you had/have a thing for a minor as most as here will frown upon such.
  • Options
    Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    No way in hell. My daughters weren't allowed until they were 16 and than their Mother went along. Kenny
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter was 14 in 1993 and she was not allowed to date anybody at 14 let alone an 18 yr old.
  • Options
    edited November -1

So, it is sinking IN now? I F'in hope so. [:(!]

You have the making of a pedophile because you look at LITTLE GIRLS. She is NOT a woman, she is a GIRL. YOU are about done with high school, SHE is just starting. You should be looking for colledge/career. SHE is thinking about movies and gossip. You drive a car, and have been able to for two years. SHE can't drive until NEXT year. YOU can vote, SHE can't. You can buy ciggarettes, SHE CAN'T.

YOU should be on a different MATURITY plane, as WELL as, you have differerent RESPONSIBILITIES. YOU being 18, are responsible for YOUR actions. SHE is 15, and has THREE years before she is responsible for herself.

That small time line may not seem like alot, but FACE a judge and a JURY and try to rationalize that to them. Bubba is gonna LIKE you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Technically, as of right now, we are both minors, I'm 17 until December 18th. Everyone, I'm thinking about following WCI's advice. [:D][:D][:D]

Jacob2008: Why would ATTEMPT to ram your fist down my throat, when you don't even know what kind of guy I am, you have no idea what kind of person I am, for all you know I could be a great boyfriend to this girl.