In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dictator ? You think ?

Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
We of late have been bombarded with claims that somehow we are welded into a borglike mentality ..that we all somehow think, react, and depend upon each others slightest gesture to chart the path towards the future.

Much has been made of the fact that I am the `head *'...that somehow means that the rest of the Canary * take their cues from me concerning how they should act.
Naturally, this observation is only made by the weak-willed...those unable to grasp the concept of `individual action'...

That is just how far out of touch with the spirit of `being American' so many are here in this country. The idea that a group of men can be INDIVIDUALS...each a leader in his OWN rights...is foreign to most.

Those men might come together for a common purpose...but they remain individuals.

Each has his OWN methods of teaching, of training, of imparting knowledge to others.

I happen to be an *, these days...I no longer suffer fools gladly...I am not divinity.
I `gained' the position of `head *' simply BECAUSE I am abrupt, brusque, and deadly blunt.
Most of the other * are much more diplomatic in their endeavors...with the occasional flashes of thunder and lightening when they get fed up with some particularly obnoxious collectivist.

They are gentlemen ..to a man.

I am not.

You that feel put upon by my posts may well find it instructive to put the matter before the Council of Canary *. Make your best case.

You convince them that I am injurious to the cause of the Canary *, that I cause them loss of stature; I will abide by their decision. I trust and respect those men.

I will withdraw my name from the roster.

Mind you...I will continue to continue EXACTLY my personal method of gathering the fighting men of America....but you will not be allowed to use your personal dislike of me to defame the Canary *, if they so chose.

Comments

• Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Hb,
    I think you have been doing a good job lately. You have been as aggressive as usual. But not as abrasive, with the insults and name calling which does no one, including you, any good. You have some very strong believes, as many of us do, and you have a unique way of expressing them. The personal attacks by you and others have seemed to get fewer and fewer without eroding your or their message. Do you want to change this??? I think it is a vast improvement for everyone!!!
    You are you, know one else and you will continue to do what you do as will I.[^]
    PS: I do not dislike you, I just do not always COMPLEATLY agree with you![;)]
  • Options
    canary.ass no.4canary.ass no.4 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There has been an obvious onslaught, attempting to paint the Brethren as a "cult-like" group, led by the maniacal, fanatical, evil Dr. HB.

That dog don't bark though.

Anyone who has two brain-cells rubbing together can see that we are a group of individuals that merely have similar views about society and government being restrained by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

The origins of the Canary * Brethren and the "tongue-in-cheek" method/nature of our formation, have been posted several times.

The attempts to make it seem otherwise are merely being used as a method of attacking the underlying motivations, beliefs and the simple, clear message of adherence to the Constitution, that we in the "Order of The Brethren of The Canary *" hold to.

Your "title" of Canary * No.1 is secure, appropriate and well deserved Bert. You have been here the longest, shining light on collectivist/predatory government actions and have held consistently to the constitutional message and beliefs, even in the face of major ridicule and adversity.

You beat collectivists and others who hold a skewed view of the proper role of government, about the head and shoulders with your words and with the blunt verbiage that I enjoy seeing so much.

"Highball, gettin down to it" is for me, a beautiful thing to see.[:)]

Don't like the message, tough snit. It is what it is.

I have no problem, nor embarrassment in being allied in "spirit" and in the "belief" in constitutional government, just as the founders intended the Republic to operate.

Brethren we are Bert.[;)]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Jim Rau;

I have called you and 45 long those names so often, you react like little whipped pups...you just whimper a bit.

The shock value is gone. The object is to get the subject mad...FIGHTING mad. When in that state..the subject blurts out the inner man ..what remains hidden when civilized, smooth talk is the only interrogation.
    We have plumbed the depths ..and find a persistent strain of `we gotta have government control' in you..and a deep vein of that in 45long.

Do not allow yourself to believe that somehow you have 'changed' me. That would require me to deny the Founders.

The next collectivist will be along shortly..there is no end of them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HB,
    The object (both of ours) is to make people THINK. You have made me think, and unless you are to arrogant to admit it , I have made you think!
    I can dream of an 'ideal' world which will never happen. You preach an ideal, which I know will never happen as much as I wish it would. So in a way you preach 'hope' which is not a bad thing. But when you make judgment calls regarding how other 'feel' and 'believe', and how things 'must' be you are becoming an elitist, not unlike the very things and people you oppose!
    Whimper, give me a brake. You are flattering yourself if you think that!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is no doubt that when an erudite defender of gun laws shows up, I am forced to think a bit more then the usual Pavlovien responses to my posts.

I Do thank you for that.

The point most miss is...I have no intention in trying to reach a broad spectrum of humanity.

I am neither qualified NOR inclined to wipe the typical noses that one encounters. Call it Elitist, if you wish ..but thinking for others is nothing I want to get involved in.

The hard core of America is the only agenda I have...men that once triggered, the scabs torn off their eyes, take hold and effect change.
    Most of those men have MUCH more patience then I ..and better equipped to handle the masses.
    They are welcome to that job...frankly.

My task will soon enough be over..for shortly after the first shot is fired...I will cease to exist. That is my belief, at any rate.
    Too high profile, too opinionated, too exposed. So be it.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:that somehow means that the rest of the Canary * take their cues from me concerning how they should act.

LMAO!
    I take "cues" from no one. You know that friend. I would not even allow the thought to pass through my mind, about you stepping down/away.

We men of freedom, come together because we MUST. We desire to be left alone, in peace, liberties FULLY intact. Until that day once again arrives, we will act in concert. We may be individualists, but we STAND AS ONE for a cause. The cause of FREEDOM.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind;
    Don't even imagine that I EVER thought any of you men did so...I was merely paraphrasing what the collectivists obviously think.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    HB,
    The object (both of ours) is to make people THINK. You have made me think, and unless you are to arrogant to admit it , I have made you think!
    I can dream of an 'ideal' world which will never happen. You preach an ideal, which I know will never happen as much as I wish it would. So in a way you preach 'hope' which is not a bad thing. But when you make judgment calls regarding how other 'feel' and 'believe', and how things 'must' be you are becoming an elitist, not unlike the very things and people you oppose!
    Whimper, give me a brake. You are flattering yourself if you think that!

Jim, arrogant,elitist and self gratitude is a severe sign of insecurity. Thus the reasoning to constantly belittle.

I agree with a lot of what you believe, especially with the reasonable approach. I also agree with most others here on their 2A/constitutional beliefs. I just don't feel the need to eliminate those who have been brainwashed by the propagandist media. An educational approach often yields promising results.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    20,000+++++ Gun Laws mean ANYTHING to you at ALL ?

your `system' BROUGHT those laws to us. Reasonableness, smooth talking, `including the brainwashed'...ALL those things have colluded to strip us of our Second Amendment RIGHTS !!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and OVER...expecting different results.

YOUR method is a failure. Get over it...and get aboard the hard train. Grow a pair.

I do not discuss it often ..but the entire structure is busted. Every direction you look, the Elites have destroyed American values, ethics, and principles.

The Founders showed us the way out of the trap.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball
    While I often disagree with you, there are issues that we sometmes are in agreement on. I would defend to the death you, or anyone's right to express their opinions.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You that feel put upon by my posts may well find it instructive to put the matter before the Council of Canary *. Make your best case.

You convince them that I am injurious to the cause of the Canary *, that I cause them loss of stature; I will abide by their decision. I trust and respect those men.

truth - 1: truthfulness, honesty 2: the real state of things: fact 3: the body of real events or facts: actuality

In this day and time, where much of the truth is either distorted, sugar-coated, or not told to it's fullest degree, we are fortunate to have those who row against the current, and communicate in a very straightforward manner.

That said, the truth can be delivered in different fashions. Some will give it to you in a stunning oration. Others may choose to leave diplomacy at the door, and state the truth in cold, blunt manner. Whichever way it is delivered, the one constant in the equation that never changes is simply, the truth.

While we are on the subject of the truth, allow me to present this one. When presented with the truth in a very matter of fact manner, it seems that some folks are uncomfortable. I do not believe it is necessarily the method of delivery that causes the tension, but the truth itself. To borrow a line from a well-known movie script, some folks can simply not handle the truth; it makes them uneasy or fretful. Let's look at an example:

Article II to the Bill of Rights states, 'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

Now, some choose to focus on the third word of that amendment when the main focus is the 15th; 'right'. A 'right', by it's very nature, is free from regulation and/or restriction, else it becomes a 'privilege'. There are some that claim to support this right, yet in the same breath, state they have no issue with, and in fact want, a little 'common sense' regulation. This is pure rubbish, and the Founders never intended it. That is not one man's opinion, but the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This simple truth makes some folks nervous, for they do not have the stomach to accept it. They simply cannot believe the wise men who founded this Republic fully intended for the citizens to have arms of their choosing; free from permits, licenses, paperwork, signatures, or any other restrictions. Agree with it or not, that is exactly what the Founders intended, and it is the truth, and it is unchanging.

Let us be thankful for men who speak only the truth, no matter how it is delivered.

My 2 cents.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Highball
    While I often disagree with you, there are issues that we sometmes are in agreement on. I would defend to the death you, or anyone's right to express their opinions.

+1

I only wish that sentiment was returned [V]
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Jim Rau;

We have plumbed the depths ..

at your service [:o)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:20,000+++++ Gun Laws mean ANYTHING to you at ALL?
    You really don't have a clue do you? Evidently you missed this.
    But when you make judgment calls regarding how other 'feel' and 'believe', and how things 'must' be you are becoming an elitist,

quote:your `system' BROUGHT those laws to us. Reasonableness, smooth talking, `including the brainwashed'...ALL those things have colluded to strip us of our Second Amendment RIGHTS !!
    Reason has been the only thing to help save the constitution. It's too bad you don't believe in it.

quote:The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and OVER...expecting different results.
    Check the definition of hypocrisy/elitist. You are the very thing you despise.

quote:YOUR method is a failure. Get over it...and get aboard the hard train. Grow a pair.
    Reasoning and education is our only hope.

quote:I do not discuss it often ..but the entire structure is busted. Every direction you look, the Elites have destroyed American values, ethics, and principles.

The Founders showed us the way out of the trap.
    I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Highball

Amen, I already have!!![8D]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball,.......like Freemind said, I also make my own statements that arise from my own thoughts, and beliefs.

We all have different methods, and responses.
    I often find little reason to post, as you, and others do a much better job of getting the points across than I do.

Quit paying attention to the insinuations from the few,.......they don't come from our side, nor do I believe any of the "*" would have any part in you removing yourself!

I will say, that if you remove yourself from the roster, you may remove me also.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HB,
    This self doubt is not like you.
    Cut it out and get back to TCB![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are those deluded people in this world that never question their own beliefs.

I am not one of them. One of the processes of gaining knowledge and increasing ones ability to think comes from self-examination ..partially using input from others.

I frankly was curious about the defense you collectivists could/would put up....to attempt to fragment our little collection of individuals.

Odd ..'collection of individuals' ..the words do not seem to belong together.

BUT THEY DO !!!

Individuals WISH merely to be left alone. They wish to live their lives in peace and quiet. They have not the slightest desire to rule, to interfere with others, to make decisions for others.

That is why they were EXPECTED to be drafted and serve as public elected officials.

Well.... the system is broken. Politicians run FOR the perks, the power, the thrill of ordering common citizens about.

We individuals now need to come together and right the wrongs that are being perpetrated upon America by the corruption of the Elites.

As I have said many times; We are in the process of winnowing.

Only men need apply to what I chose to call the `hard core'. All a bit melodramatic ..I certainly understand the angst of those standing outside looking in.
    I also believe that we CANNOT go into this fight with an entire nation gripped in the ambivalence of believing that big government is the answer to ANYTHING.

Some men MUST grasp the intrinsic fact that government by its very nature is EVIL...and the bigger it is ..the eviler it becomes. The BEST government is the government that governs least...and keeps its ugly, devouring snout OUT of the weapons debate.
    These are the men I direct my posts to... the others are merely vehicles allowing me to paste my message onto.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HB,
    I don't know who said this (where the quote came from) but it is one I live by, as I beleive you do also.

"Aways love your country, but never trust your government!"

Am I correct?[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are in total agreement on that subject.

Actually..I break it down a bit;
    I trust our FORM of government...just not the people running it.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

And THAT, I think, sums it up better than anything so far. Short, sweet, and to the point. They sytem, as set up, is a good working model of how it SHOULD be. But, as is said "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and those in power are too blinded by love of the office they hold, and the attendant powers that come along with it. As I see it, the inmates are running the asylum. Perhaps it's time to bring in some new "management" and set things to right?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rkba4ever

And THAT, I think, sums it up better than anything so far. Short, sweet, and to the point. They sytem, as set up, is a good working model of how it SHOULD be. But, as is said "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and those in power are too blinded by love of the office they hold, and the attendant powers that come along with it. As I see it, the inmates are running the asylum. Perhaps it's time to bring in some new "management" and set things to right?

Couldn't agree more,........the bad news is that a majority of the "leeches" has locked onto the Gov teat.

They do not want to let go, and it will get worse before it gets better.

It will take a lot, to make things "better" BTW.[xx(]
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Just a quick post on the subject, as it is not worthy of much debate....
    When a minority shows their manhood (something that is deeply frowned on in the "feminized Amerika") the first method of attack for those with a shriveled pair (Or pair that never even dropped) is to group together to show that they are the majority, and therefore must be right. Having failed at that, they must then denigrate the individualists for not being "group thinkers" bacause a) individualism is ALWAYS baaaaaaaaaaaad ([;)]), b) they think if they "humiliate" you, you will cow and "join the herd" and c) because the goal is to find some way, any way, to feel like their pair has un-shriveled just a teency bit, or dropped a half of a milimeter so if they can brow beat you back into the herd, that is "their way" of feeling like men again.....[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Just a quick post on the subject, as it is not worthy of much debate....
    When a minority shows their manhood (something that is deeply frowned on in the "feminized Amerika") the first method of attack for those with a shriveled pair (Or pair that never even dropped) is to group together to show that they are the majority, and therefore must be right. Having failed at that, they must then denigrate the individualists for not being "group thinkers" bacause a) individualism is ALWAYS baaaaaaaaaaaad ([;)]), b) they think if they "humiliate" you, you will cow and "join the herd" and c) because the goal is to find some way, any way, to feel like their pair has un-shriveled just a teency bit, or dropped a half of a milimeter so if they can brow beat you back into the herd, that is "their way" of feeling like men again.....[V]

wolf,
    First, please put your pants back on!! We don't need to see your 'manhood'!!![}:)]
    Funny you should mention 'individualism' when you seen to frown on it so heavily. You and your associates have formed a 'collective' and anyone who exhibits any 'individualism' by not completely agreeing with 'your collective' is dumped on. [;)]
    Well I submit to you I am the 'true individualist' because neither side of this issue cares for me because I don't agree with what is currently in play and I don't agree with either sides 'ideals'.
    Think about it, you are no better than those you despise![:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jim,.......BTW, I do not "despise" you at all.
    I HAVE given up trying to change your mind on the areas where you are willing to compromise, but it is your right to believe that way,......just as I have the right to believe what I do.

We simply believe in a different way. I choose no compromises, and you choose some.

Someone has to be a government loving,......freedom stealing "dirtball" for me to go to the level of "despising" them.

I do believe you would most likely be in the trenches if a SHTF situation took place, and that makes a difference in how I view a person that I may not agree with 100% of their beliefs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Marc,
    Some of us have agreed to disagree. But some still do 'despise' those who decent. But they are few.
    You are mistaking my acceptance of reality with my willingness to compromise. I think compromise has been thoroughly abused in the issues we discuss. But reality=compromise, like it or not![V]
    Like I said, equilibrium WILL be reached. Where we are now is TOTALY unacceptable by MOST who believe in the RTKABA's!
    And where we are headed is even more unacceptable!!![:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Jim,.......BTW, I do not "despise" you at all.
    I HAVE given up trying to change your mind on the areas where you are willing to compromise, but it is your right to believe that way,......just as I have the right to believe what I do.

We simply believe in a different way. I choose no compromises, and you choose some.

Someone has to be a government loving,......freedom stealing "dirtball" for me to go to the level of "despising" them.

Marc, perhaps I should state my "view" as well.

While I can tolerate a differing opinion as well as anyone else can, let me explain my difference.

Opinions are great. Express yourself all you wish. When it comes to "rights", here is where our opinions will part ways. Before ANY of us were ever born, there existed ( and still does) a contract known as the constitution. In it is a bill of rights, that are inherent birthrights, and inalienable rights. These predated ANY of us. It was our inheritence before we ever were born. Now, some clown with an opinion is one thing. Express away. HOWEVER, when said clown tramples MY birthright, my RIGHTS, to fit their perverted VIEW of things......

Well, lets just say I am uncomfortable with that. I would just asoon see them burning at the stake, or swinging from the gallows.

Example:
    A citizen doesn't like ANY type of guns. Ok, then you as an individual, should be allowed to ban them in THEIR home, business, car, ect.

The second they step OUTSIDE thier own domain, they invade MINE. Those people who support groups, politicians, organizations, ect. OUT to be tried for treason and HUNG.

I have ZERO tolerance for people who step past voicing an "opinion" and step to the realm of action to deprive their fellow countrymen/women of what is THEIRS (aka rights).

Their IS an amendment process to our "contract". Either they should do things PROPERLY, or they should shut the hell up.

I think my distain for those type of people have made me feel much more "readily to act" against them. I am fed up with these "comprimise" folks.

Hang em' all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind,
    The point I am TRYING to get across to you is this compromise you so hate is part of the real world. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY no matter how hard you try to get rid of it. The only real question is how much compromise can you except in the world. I would guess, from your response, very little. That great. But to say you will except NO compromise is telling me you refuse to except reality!!! If you can't except the 'real' world, where do you intend to live????[?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind,
    The point I am TRYING to get across to you is this compromise you so hate is part of the real world. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY no matter how hard you try to get rid of it. The only real question is how much compromise can you except in the world. I would guess, from your response, very little. That great. But to say you will except NO compromise is telling me you refuse to except reality!!! If you can't except the 'real' world, where do you intend to live????[?][?]

Herpes is hated also, but that doesn't mean that I am going to go and knowingly contract it, or have sex with those that I know who have it, simply because it exists in the "real world".

I'll stay clean, but thanks for trying to draw me into "unclean acts".[;)]
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Government without some form of compromise is a dictatorship. And compronmise can not be limited to one side or stops being a compromise.

And HB,, Your comment about Jim and I whippering like puppies at your On so clever insults, *LOL* You give yourself WAY to much credit. Your problem is that your a fine example of a self involoved narcissist that has some pretty lofty ideas about how things should be run. The problem is that you are so self absorbed that you don't see that your idea's would be worse for the country than what we have now. It would certainly be no constitutional happy place with your My way or no way mentallity. What is constitutional about ?? *LOL* No HB, thats not whippering you hear. It's muffled laughter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Freemind,

Herpes is hated also, but that doesn't mean that I am going to go and knowingly contract it, or have sex with those that I know who have it, simply because it exists in the "real world".

Jeff,
    You do admit herpes is a part of the real world, and it will not go away do you not??? My exact point about compromise!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jeff,
    I have been spending some time on the web site you sent me. I ran across a quote there I thought was interesting.
    "One by product of individualism is benevolence..
    A general attitude of good will toward our neighbors and fellow human beings. Benevolence is impossible in a society where people violate other peoples rights." Glenn Woiceshyn
    This makes sense from several different prospectives.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

This a tactic I haven't seen before....
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Compromise is as much apart of life as breathing. You compromise everyday of your life. Whether it's with your wife, G/F, Boss, the salesman downtown. You think the founders of this country didn't compromise when they were writting the Bill of Rights? If you do, then you are truely delusional. Why do you think it took them so long to write it?? The Declaration of Indepedence is not a one write document. It went through all kinds of re-writes just to get the language right. And what happened while that was going? Compromise. Take that out, out this in.

Granted, there can be TO MUCH compromise sometimes. And maybe thats where we are. But that doesn't mean the concept should be scrapped alltogether. Because at that point you have an impass. And then happens an nothing gets done. What good does that do?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind,

Funny thing Jim, "comprimise" wasn't even part of the political machine AFTER the "contract" was setteled. No, it took many years for apathy like yours to set in.

No Jim, I am unwilling to accept apathy and comprimise. I only demand what is CLEARLY spelled out in the "contract".
    If you have a contract at your job to be paid 25 dollars an hour and your paycheck only reports your paid 10, contract is broken correct? The contract MUST be amended for it to be legal correct?

Either AMEND OUR contract, or shut up. I am tired of people like you telling us how we will act, because all the sudden, YOU say so. My birthright, and my citizenship gives me a contract, wrote in ink, sealed in stone. Unless that contract is amended LEGALLY, you and your kind have NO ground.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:A Government without some form of compromise is a dictatorship. And compronmise can not be limited to one side or stops being a compromise.

What an utter corruption of the facts. The mind that conceives of such as this is beyond comprehension.

Let me explain...slowly, with simple words.

The ONLY PEOPLE COMPROMISING IS US...the enemy NEVER gives ground !!!

Nobody but a fool compromises away their basic Rights.

The ratchet just continues to tighten ..as people like you aid and abet pulling the noose ever tighter around our throat.

The simple minded view CCWs, Castile Doctrines and such as `advances' ..ignoring the fact that slowly, ever so slowly, NOTHING is legal...until made so by a `law'.

We HAVE a dictatorship here, today ..RIGHT NOW...most are just entirely too dense to see it.
    Your compromises have brought it to us
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Ahh, the femine drivel of bird anuses. Ahh,the self righteous trappings of civilization.puke.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Freemind,

Funny thing Jim, "comprimise" wasn't even part of the political machine AFTER the "contract" was setteled. No, it took many years for apathy like yours to set in.

I could point out the basic fact that the Constitution itself is a work of compromise....but I'll go a step further.

The Constitution was only ratified after the "Massachusetts Compromise" was reached between the Federalists and Anti-Federalists.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind,

Jeff,
    You do admit herpes is a part of the real world, and it will not go away do you not??? My exact point about compromise!!![;)]

You missed the point I was making Jim.

It is a given that there will always be those who compromise on fundamental constitutional issues, which is absolutely wrong.

There will always be "compromise", which has an absolute place in relationships, business and other private dealings, but NEVER on the Constitution, or Bill of Rights.

Constitutional Herpes may be likened to those who are willing to make compromise on fundamental constitutional principals, which should not be negotiable, but which are by many. This does not make it right, it is merely wrong and dirty, much like Herpes.

It exists, but it is a bad thing.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Freemind,

I could point out the basic fact that the Constitution itself is a work of compromise....but I'll go a step further.

The Constitution was only ratified after the "Massachusetts Compromise" was reached between the Federalists and Anti-Federalists.

Perhaps you missed the word "AFTER".
    I know full well of the discussions and bargaining that was done to GET the constitution ratified.