In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Obama has Just Announced his Deadly War On Gun Own

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Good.

The cowards tremble;
    The strong American faces what comes, resolutely.

Let it be in my day.
  • Options
    breakerdanbreakerdan Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMO, Obama himself cant really outright erode gun ownership as much as he thinks he can. The key issue is the supreme court judges he will appoint who will eventually re interpret the 2ND. He will ban hi caps, and probably try to can concealed carry, but I dont know if he can get it done. Supreme court will ruin our rights before politicians. It is a shame that the American people are governed by an autonomous, ambiguos bunch of judges who have no idea what it is like to be one of us and can so easily disturb the American way of life.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Good.

The cowards tremble;
    The strong American faces what comes, resolutely.

Let it be in my day.

.....and make sure I'm far enough to the right so I don't get burned by your hot brass ! [:D]
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by breakerdan
    IMO, Obama himself cant really outright erode gun ownership as much as he thinks he can.
    You might want to look into "presidential executive orders"
    This, along with the power bush has given the presidency in the last 8 years, you might change your mind.

As bush was passing these ANTI-CONSTITUTIONAL laws, many people were saying bush wouldn't use them against the American citizen. I kept saying, "Maybe, but what about the NEXT president???"

The time has come to see. [xx(]
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't say I'm surprised. But I have full confidence that the libertines will win in the end. But we are going to have long, hard times ahead.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    Can't say I'm surprised. But I have full confidence that the libertines will win in the end. But we are going to have long, hard times ahead.

They won't "win in the end" with out our help!!!![V]
    Liberty's don't win, people do!
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I didn't think it would take long. The next four years will devistating to this country. And I would not over look the power of Executive Orders. Clinton did tremendous damage with that pen in the wee hours of the morning on many occasions. That was around long before Bush used it.

We are in a lot of trouble.
  • Options
    Nagant1934Nagant1934 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    45Long,

Can't shake this feeling of coming doom. Iv'e never seen so many American citizens so terrified of what may be coming. I'm not just talking about gun owners, I mean men and women from all walks of life. Iv'e truly never seen anything like this. Half the country is approaching panic and the media keep painting a picture of an ecstatic, unified, Obama fawning public.
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to hope that we are all astronomically surprised by no anti Constitutional bans or legislation, although that is only wishful thinking at best, we know its coming and there really isn't much that we can do except educate, prepare, supply and train as much as possible and then hope and pray for the best and brace for the worst, it will be the Revolutionary War / Civil War all over again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nagant,, And yet he was elected by a pretty good margin electorially speaking. The Republicans really screwed the pooch on this one and now we will have to pay. Sad thing is I don't have the funds to go out and buy anything else. I have a few handguns and some reloading stuff but that is it. On top of that, I live in California. I was screwed from the start. Is it just me or is it fate that the Mayan Calender ends when this guy's term is over?? Scary ?? Oh HELL YEAH!

I don't want to stir the poo pot but I can't help but think what would have happened if all those Paul voters would have voted for McCain? Better than what we ended up with? Yeah. Probably. Better for gun owners for sure. But hey whats done is done. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. But the thought has crossed my mind. *LOL* I'm guessing about hlf of them voted for McC anyway. *L*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't want to stir the poo pot but I can't help but think what would have happened if all those Paul voters would have voted for McCain? Better than what we ended up with? Yeah. Probably. Better for gun owners for sure.
    No..actually, you may well get to chose something IMPORTANT soon.

You get to decide if you are an American..or just another pizant slave.

quote:But hey whats done is done. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. But the thought has crossed my mind. *LOL* I'm guessing about hlf of them voted for McC anyway. *L*

No...actually, I did not vote for president. I intended to vote for obama...but could not physically pull the handle for him. I would have voted for him before mccain, tho...
    You see..obama is at least HONEST about his corruption...unlike your hero.
    Frankly, I fail to see how any honest, decent American could vote for EITHER of the two candidates.
    The election and candidates are typical of those held in any third-world snithole, bumfluck,egypt.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    It's funny how people continue to show their * over Ron Paul. America got exactly the leader she deserved, and it is because of ignorance (like that still being shown in the statement 2 posts above)

Paul received less than 1/10th of 1 percent of the vote. Not so much as a blip on the radar, yet many are blaming/will blame him for a loss that is simply explained by the fact that if repubs run a liberal they lose. If they run a conservative, they win....BIG! Go figure...you can't win without your base! DUH!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    The Republicans really screwed the pooch on this one and now we will have to pay.

I don't want to stir the poo pot but I can't help but think what would have happened if all those Paul voters would have voted for McCain? So the Republicans "screwed the pooch" and you want to reward them by putting their stooge in office? Not me.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea,..........McCain is so much better than BO! LMAO

The old fart is already having his pic taken with BO, and talk is spreading about a cabinet position for McSwine.

At the least he will act as a "liason" between the Senate and the BO "whitehouse."[xx(]

Scum, is scum,.........quite simple.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The RTKABA's is so far down the list of priorities of the average (ignorant) voter in this country it had almost no relevance in this election. Just look at those around you who say they are supportive of the RTKABA's who voted for Obama!!![:(][:(!]
    And yes HB, I know a vote for anyone, other than you or one of the '*', is the wrong vote!! Beat you to it!!![;)]
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are all the same the real difference is that the dems will try and take away our rights abruptly and quickly and we already know what they are about and they don't seem to be trying to hide the fact that they are set against us as our enemy; where as the repubs are more underhanded about it and will try and remove our rights slowly and subtly and try to act like they are our friends and are fighting for our rights while all the time negotiating behind our backs with other collectivists to sell us out.

Marc1301, did you scope your FAL yet, if so post on the other thread.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long

I don't want to stir the poo pot but I can't help but think what would have happened if all those Paul voters would have voted for McCain?

Nothing.

Obama received more than 51% of the votes....Meaning he had as many votes as everyone else put together.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    The RTKABA's is so far down the list of priorities of the average (ignorant) voter in this country it had almost no relevance in this election. Just look at those around you who say they are supportive of the RTKABA's who voted for Obama!!![:(][:(!]
    And yes HB, I know a vote for anyone, other than you or one of the '*', is the wrong vote!! Beat you to it!!![;)]

Actually I was shocked to find out a guy that I work with at one of the industrial locations I contract at did.

I was always suspicious, as when "the guys" were talking politics at break time,......he always stayed quiet.
    Nice guy from NY state, younger than me,.....I think 38 or so.

Day after the election, I was working with him, and he asked me if I voted for McCain.
    I said no, that I had written in RP weeks before on an absentee ballot.
    So I asked him,......no answer, just small talk attempting to get off subject.

I am known to be abrasive at times, so I finally just said, "hey, admit between us that you voted for Obama,....I know you did."

He admitted it, but asked that I not tell anyone that works there, which I won't.
    We are actually kind of friends, and get along great working together when I am out there. I have no wish to destroy that over politics.

I asked him what he was so worried about since I had many arguments with the Republican party hacks there over voting for RP.
    He works there as an employee,....I am an outside contractor, so I see the difference. I knew he did, but was shocked at the same time.

Wolverine,.....I will be picking up the FAL thursday morning.
    The scope is still being researched, and will have to be ordered when I decide for sure.
    I will put a cheapie on it for now, with the Leupold rings I already have when I get it. I have a couple cheap scopes already.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey. Obamalama won. McC lost. Paul wasn't even in the race. Who Cares. People have said McC was my buddy. WEll I guess they can't read because I have ALLWAYS said that I was no fan of John Frigging McCain. But lets not let fact get in the way of grade "A" B.S.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Obamalama pick McC for a spot. He is one of the most liberal Republicans in DC. I was against EVERY bill he put forth. He'll be the perfect token republican for Obamalama.

Sorry I brought up Paul. Should have know better. Tried to be humorous. But I forgot, Paulers have no sense of humor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    'Paulers', that cute!!![;)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't want to stir the poo pot but I can't help but think what would have happened if all those Paul voters would have voted for McCain? Better than what we ended up with? Yeah. Probably. Better for gun owners for sure.
    No..actually, you may well get to chose something IMPORTANT soon.

You get to decide if you are an American..or just another pizant slave.

quote:But hey whats done is done. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. But the thought has crossed my mind. *LOL* I'm guessing about hlf of them voted for McC anyway. *L*

No...actually, I did not vote for president. I intended to vote for obama...but could not physically pull the handle for him. I would have voted for him before mccain, tho...
    You see..obama is at least HONEST about his corruption...unlike your hero.
    Frankly, I fail to see how any honest, decent American could vote for EITHER of the two candidates.
    The election and candidates are typical of those held in any third-world snithole, bumfluck,egypt.

HB you been drinking...heavily?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    IMO, Obama himself cant really outright erode gun ownership as much as he thinks he can.
    You might want to look into "presidential executive orders"
    This, along with the power bush has given the presidency in the last 8 years, you might change your mind.

As bush was passing these ANTI-CONSTITUTIONAL laws, many people were saying bush wouldn't use them against the American citizen. I kept saying, "Maybe, but what about the NEXT president???"

The time has come to see. [xx(]

me too pick...me too
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:HB you been drinking...heavily?

No;
    However..it is obvious that you have had a lobotomy, however.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now guys drinking and surgery are not answers to the problems we face, now are they???[}:)]
  • Options
    HazMatAceHazMatAce Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everybody's talking about EO's when they're not even constitutional. The only reason they get away with it is because the last (and this)generation let them. According to the Supreme Court, noone is required to obey an unconstitutional law or order. We just need to stand firm, and "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:HB you been drinking...heavily?

No;
    However..it is obvious that you have had a lobotomy, however.

That's strange you are the one that wanted to vote for Obama. It never even crossed my mind.
    Time to call it quits bud....
  • Options
    kiawahmankiawahman Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see storm clouds on the horizon...

This just in from the NRA newsletter;

Obama Selects Janet Reno's
    Anti-Gun Point Man As Next Attorney General

So much for "I support the Second Amendment," and so much for the notion of "change."

Media reports say President-elect Barack Obama has selected Eric Holder as his Attorney General, and that Holder may already have accepted the offer. Holder, as Deputy Attorney General under Janet Reno during the Clinton Administration, said that the Second Amendment does not protect an individual right, but instead protects the right to have a firearm when serving with a militia. After leaving office, Holder stuck to that assertion when he signed Janet Reno's brief to the Supreme Court in the Heller case, which stated, "The Second Amendment does not protect firearms possession or use that is unrelated to participation in a well-regulated militia."

What an idiot. I doubt anyone would call it a militia if they didn't have guns. How nice that our founding fathers gave us the 'right' to bear arms while in the military, but not to protect our lives and freedoms at home. Repeat: What an idiot.
  • Options
    lightbarlightbar Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nagant1934
    45Long,

Can't shake this feeling of coming doom. Iv'e never seen so many American citizens so terrified of what may be coming. I'm not just talking about gun owners, I mean men and women from all walks of life. Iv'e truly never seen anything like this. Half the country is approaching panic and the media keep painting a picture of an ecstatic, unified, Obama fawning public.

I know just what you mean, I am a nervous wreck thinking about the empending doom for the American way of life. Then there is the United Nations He will get over here, If he can't get his way. Is he the anti-christ?
  • Options
    mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    As of January 20th, the american way of life will be over. And as far as I am concerned that as of Jan. 20th my nation no longer has a President! After nobama takes over, I think he has big big plans that will erode what is left of our country. I hope all those Lame Idiots that voted for him live to regret it!! I refuse to accept a non-american, kenyan born, Indonesian citizen, Communist muslem, as my president! quote:Now it's the time to keep your powder dry and your guns locked and loaded[:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I am completely wiht highball on this. Its obvious that the gop is just as anti gun as are the dems. Only the dems are upfront honest about it. As much as I really really don't want to see it happen, I'd probally actually through my support behind a serious great brition style gun control bill here in the states. Why you may ask, it would take that all at once to get people to grow a pair, and take a stand.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mauser54
    As of January 20th, the american way of life will be over. And as far as I am concerned that as of Jan. 20th my nation no longer has a President! After nobama takes over, I think he has big big plans that will erode what is left of our country. I hope all those Lame Idiots that voted for him live to regret it!! I refuse to accept a non-american, kenyan born, Indonesian citizen, Communist muslem, as my president! quote:Now it's the time to keep your powder dry and your guns locked and loaded[:D]

So are you renouncing your citizenship?
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by mauser54:

As of January 20th, the american way of life will be over.

No, it will not. January 21st, this will still be the United States of America. The only way the American way of life will be over is if each individual American concedes and says it is over. I will not.

And as far as I am concerned that as of Jan. 20th my nation no longer has a President!

Unfortunatley, we do. His name is Barak Obama, and he will be the President. Now, I do not like it, based solely upon his disregard for the Constitution, but like it or not, he will be the President.

After nobama takes over, I think he has big big plans that will erode what is left of our country.

And he will be successful only if we, the people, sit back and allow it to happen. If the Constitution dies, then we the people will be guilty as an accessory to murder, for the Founders put mechanisms in place to prevent the erosion/eradication of liberty. If liberty passes, it will be due to our dereliction of duty as Americans.

I hope all those Lame Idiots that voted for him live to regret it!!

I don't. You see, those same 'lame idiots' that voted for him live amongst us. If they live to regret it, so shall we.
  • Options
    chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMO, Obama himself cant really outright erode gun ownership as much as he thinks he can. The key issue is the supreme court judges he will appoint who will eventually re interpret the 2ND. He will ban hi caps, and probably try to can concealed carry, but I dont know if he can get it done. Supreme court will ruin our rights before politicians. It is a shame that the American people are governed by an autonomous, ambiguos bunch of judges who have no idea what it is like to be one of us and can so easily disturb the American way of life.
    but the balance will not change. The judges on their way out are libs. The one thing that is certain is the one good thing that came out of the bush administrations was the appointments made by him.
  • Options
    chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    originally posted by mauser54:

As of January 20th, the american way of life will be over.

No, it will not. January 21st, this will still be the United States of America. The only way the American way of life will be over is if each individual American concedes and says it is over. I will not.

And as far as I am concerned that as of Jan. 20th my nation no longer has a President!

Unfortunatley, we do. His name is Barak Obama, and he will be the President. Now, I do not like it, based solely upon his disregard for the Constitution, but like it or not, he will be the President.

After nobama takes over, I think he has big big plans that will erode what is left of our country.

And he will be successful only if we, the people, sit back and allow it to happen. If the Constitution dies, then we the people will be guilty as an accessory to murder, for the Founders put mechanisms in place to prevent the erosion/eradication of liberty. If liberty passes, it will be due to our dereliction of duty as Americans.

I hope all those Lame Idiots that voted for him live to regret it!!

I don't. You see, those same 'lame idiots' that voted for him live amongst us. If they live to regret it, so shall we.
    great post
  • Options
    kiawahmankiawahman Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "His name is Barak Obama, and he will be the President. Now, I do not like it, based solely upon his disregard for the Constitution, but like it or not, he will be the President."

Sad, but true. Just because our side didn't win, it doesn't mean we take our bat & ball and go home... this IS our home, and democracy is what happens here.

These are great times to build (rebuild) a strong party that our founding fathers would smile upon, and we will.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Sad, but true. Just because our side didn't win, it doesn't mean we take our bat & ball and go home... this IS our home, and democracy is what happens here

Sorry...MY side wasn't represented in the last political contest. I also don't gave a ratz az about your democracy.
    I believe in a Republic.
    I will shed not one more drop of blood for a Democracy.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These are great times to build (rebuild) a strong party that our founding fathers would smile upon, and we will.

Al,

The problem is, most folks are more concerned with the 'party' than they are their liberty. Just look at the last election as proof. 120+ million votes for a 'party' and against the Constitution.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Al,

The problem is, most folks are more concerned with the 'party' than they are their liberty. Just look at the last election as proof. 120+ million votes for a 'party' and against the Constitution.

This has been happening for decades![:(]
  • Options
    69jafo6969jafo69 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went with the libertarians. At lesat they say they want to limit government. If we give up our rights then we will have done it ourselves. When I took my outh in the Navy I swore to defend the Constitution and the people of the US not the government of the US. I still stand behind that outh.[:)][:)]
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1