In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What will be the "Breaking Point" ?

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
It seems inevitable to me for certain now that some kind of governmental breakdown will occur either from self destruction or forceable action.

What do you think will be the turning point that causes the American Public to finally say - "Enough is Enough and we are not going to take it anymore !"
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    When people get hungry. [V]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I don't know Forester, I really don't know. Like Freemind says, they ain't hungry yet. Plus they still have their Superbowls, Lattes, SUVs and their brats still have soccer, T-ball, and video games and all that other crap that is "america".

But when that too big house has been repoed, and they're pushing a wheelbarrow down the road 'cause that Esclade is gone too, maybe they will start waking up.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever the breakpoint is it is getting closer. My own kids(who are 20 something adults) have been starting to bristle about the "wrongness" of our govt. This is something I have been trying to educate them on for about 10 yrs and appears to be sinking in now that it is starting to directly affect them.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    Tough question.

The only thing I truly believe is that the Majority of the american public will not do a damned thing till the 3% have had enough..................When some sort of major "STAND" happens somewhere, for any number of reasons.

Then and only then will the Public be forced to decide how they feel about what we all know is coming.

At that time and only then, will the rest of the Public wake and choose a side.

Till then its "WE" the the sheeple. [}:)]
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IdahoRedneck
    Tough question.

The only thing I truly believe is that the Majority of the american public will not do a damned thing till the 3% have had enough..................When some sort of major "STAND" happens somewhere, for any number of reasons.

Then and only then will the Public be forced to decide how they feel about what we all know is coming.

3% is 9 Million people. Are you telling me we need that many to take back America ?

Where did that number come from?

I feel it could be done with far less.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

What do you think will be the turning point that causes the American Public to finally say - "Enough is Enough and we are not going to take it anymore !"

Cancellation of the Super Bowl
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IdahoRedneck
    Tough question.

3% is 9 Million people. Are you telling me we need that many to take back America ?

No........[}:)]
    Im telling you that, (I am of the opinion) that no one will do a damned thing till something MAJOR happens, (As in BIG, Tea parties dont cut it) some where and people rise up ans say this is Bullsihaatt and actually FIGHT back.............

Look bud, I know we could do it with just the 3%

(3% is the people who actually have the balls to stand and fight according to history.)

I know military will split and (believe) 3/4 will side with the constitution.

quote:3% is 9 Million people. Are you telling me we need that many to take back America ?

That is the number of people who actually have balls and will do what it takes when the time comes, (I interpreted your OP to mean "What will be the Breaking point")

The breaking point will be When some of the 3% of Americans actually take a STAND and the Sheeple are forced to choose a side. Not till a major Stand against (everything) happens will anybody do a Damned thing and It pizzes me off too but that is how I see it.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:3% is 9 Million people. Are you telling me we need that many to take back America ?

3 % is the number that fought in the American Revolution.

9 million is rather rosy. There are 30 million barbarians in this country...and they are not our friends.

Besides the point, however...those 3% are law-abiding, decent citizens..the best of the best. They will NOT fight...until they are pushed ..and pushed HARD. Every man of us understands that this country is the top of the heap...and NONE wish to damage it by the fighting that will be inevitable.

There will be no action until our backs are to the wall. They will need to knock us down again and again...sad to say. Only by doing so will we get enough 3 percenters headed in the same direction at the same time.

Lacking a National leader..suicide for him...we must wait till there IS no other recourse.
    I hate it...but believe this to be true.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

3 % is the number that fought in the American Revolution.

9 million is rather rosy. There are 30 million barbarians in this country...and they are not our friends.

Besides the point, however...those 3% are law-abiding, decent citizens..the best of the best. They will NOT fight...until they are pushed ..and pushed HARD. Every man of us understands that this country is the top of the heap...and NONE wish to damage it by the fighting that will be inevitable.

There will be no action until our backs are to the wall. They will need to knock us down again and again...sad to say. Only by doing so will we get enough 3 percenters headed in the same direction at the same time.

Lacking a National leader..suicide for him...we must wait till there IS no other recourse.
    I hate it...but believe this to be true.

So clarrify this for me because I do not understand fully......

If 3% is what we need.....then how many actual warm bodies is that ?
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    My guess...just that, you understand..is that we have a pool to draw from in the 80 to 100 million people.

Three million people..and there is little chance they will all fall out 'monday'.
    Plenty enough..IF they could be forged into an effective force.

Not possible. That would require organization, leaders, training. Not going to get that.
    The elites would...have..crushed just such activities..and hounded the leaders into jail or oblivion.
    This will be a dis-jointed, far-flung isolated incident sort of thing..at least in the beginning.
    EVERY attept will be made by those in authority to squash these incidents..and the leaks will be classified as tax-protesters, child molestors, drug gangs...the sort of ugly stuff decent people instintively shy away from.

The only chance, hope we have... a HUGE grab at power by the elites...gun bans, 80 percent taxation..something on that order...to turn EVERYBODY loose at once.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:What will be the "Breaking Point" ?

Not in our lifetime, unless something catastrophic or grandiose event occurs.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

I would rather it be in MY lifetime, as opposed to when I am dead, and my kids/grandkids are left to deal with the mess.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

I would rather it be in MY lifetime, as opposed to when I am dead, and my kids/grandkids are left to deal with the mess.

As would I, but chances are slim to none, though, who knows, it's all a speculation.
    edited November -1
    I agree..........

All of the Patriots knew exactly where to go and what to do last time.

This is where I see a major problem when trying to organize today.

In addition - most people don't want to sacrifice their NASCAR, central A/C and weekend BBQ's on the lake.
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1

I agree..........

All of the Patriots knew exactly where to go and what to do last time.

This is where I see a major problem when trying to organize today.

In addition - most people don't want to sacrifice their NASCAR, central A/C and weekend BBQ's on the lake.

Yeah Most people dont, thats why its gonna take something BIG. Most people in this counry do enjoy being free, Somebody comes in and tells ya what do do on a scale that matters,to the sheeple, SWHTF.

But its going to take something big that "matters" to everyone.

This shiat they just passed is HUGE but it dont matter too enough people. Lots of people are getting health care, lots of other people are paying for it, till we go beyond that point.......and the beast does something that affects everyone equally, we are still playing Games.........[}:)]

The fact of the Matter "in my opinion" is that, When People have to start living differently, and cant enjoy the freedoms that are indisputable as the founding fathers laid out, you may see an uprising.

I know we dont enjoy the Freedoms now that are indisputable in the constitution but for there to be a breaking point its got to be HUGE...... and affect every body equally. Till then............................"WHATEVER"........ will be the general attitude[xx(]
  • krazy4kragskrazy4krags Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen,

I look with great sorrow upon what our nation has become and wonder as do you, what would the founders say if they saw what a mess we were in today. I trust that many of you have seen the tea party movement mutate into an alternative arena for conservative and independent politicians to use in order to rekindle conservative values, but, moreover, boost their own political careers into the limelight. Sarah Palin comes to mind. I cannot say for sure what good will come of her "joining" the ranks.

The political posturing that is going on with the states filing lawsuits against the constitutionality of the health care bill have the most legitimate case. I believe that the 10th Amendment argument that was instituted with the firearms laws will only carry weight until the Feds pull out the supremacy clause of the Constitution and have the Supreme Court read it aloud before the country. The kind of unification and leadership that gets the ball rolling seems to want their moment in the sun. We 3% want things to be done right for a change basing our government on laws, not on the political influence that goes with the men and women who make the laws.

So, when is the breaking point? Maybe the people get taxed too much and enough things are given to illegals. Then those few state leaders who have already shown frustration with the federal government will create a new confederation of states. We all know how the last turned out, but it could be a catalyst to get others on board. IF the revolution seems to develop internally rather than through regional rivalry it may not be as bloody as we all expect.

Do I have a clue what will happen? NOT at all, I just like to rant.

Best Regards!
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is coming soon. Very soon indeed.

Since 2008, the amount of paper money has increased from 870 billion dollars to 2 TRILLION dollars. Actual money supply (bank accounts, etc) has went from 11 trillion to over 22 trillion. The deficit for this year, is repeatedly stated as being 1.7 trillion dollars. Think about that. The Fedgov is spending $1,700,000,000,000 more than they are taking in this year. Next year's deficit is expected to be even higher. Take that massive number, and divide it by 31,536,000, the number of seconds in a year. That comes out to 53,906.64. That means that the national debt, on average, will increase by just shy of 54 THOUSAND Dollars for EVERY SECOND in 2010.

This deficit is being made up by selling (and paying interest) on bonds, and printing money. As the money supply grows, it loses value. There hasn't been much of an inflationary effect... yet. The money supply has more than doubled, and once that new money starts getting spent we will be looking at MASSIVE inflation. What kind of wake up call will it be if/when prices more than DOUBLE in a short period of time, with no end is sight? Take a look at the figures (somewhat inaccurate, but you get the picture.)

http://usdebtclock.org/

Ron Paul's article on this (from some time back.)
    http://tinyurl.com/6fhst8

Two vital quotes:

1) One key attribute that gives money value is scarcity. If something that is used as money becomes too plentiful, it loses value. That is how inflation and hyperinflation happens.

2) Our fiat currency system is crumbling and coming to an end, as all fiat currencies eventually do.

Also, this economy is based entirely around cheap oil. We hit peak oil production around 2002. Oil was/is being produced now faster than ever, and production will soon start to slow. China and India are now consuming more oil than ever, potentially doubling demand. As oil is being produced faster than ever, it is also the cheapest ever when inflation is accounted for. A pre-1965 silver quarter still has more than enough intrinsic value to buy a gallon of gas. You have the potential for high inflation on top of a shrinking oil supply. What happens when oil hits $8 a gallon? When all of the merchandise you buy has this high shipping cost added on top of the inflation for the product? It is NOT going to be pretty. It will happen sooner than a lot of us think.

My gas station is currently advertised as $2.79 per gallon. 100% inflation would put the price at $5.58. And dwindling supply would put it higher.

Edited ONLY to shorten link. [;)]
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Possibly when the welfare checks all bounce?
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NEVER HAPPEN, as long as the GRID remains, the people will sleep warm and have TV.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little different then when England a far off land was extorting from remote. Now that its within it will take a catastrophic event to cause a action.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Well hopefully there will not be a need for that.. there is alot more of us then there is political cronies, the problem is people havent really began to understand the tactics involved, which is key to stopping it cold. our government is truely a frail thing without the support and apathy of the people, the problem lies in the fact that people are uninformed and too lazy and afraid and preoccupied to simply demand freedom.

If a majority dedicated themselves to attaining freedom, there would be no blood shed, it would simply happen over a period of years, if they kept their resolve and did what is needed and what is right.
  • therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    NEVER HAPPEN, as long as the GRID remains, the people will sleep warm and have TV.

melkor is right, wow cant believe i said that, we gotta kill the power grid so we can get this started and finished.
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO Its already started with States defying the federal government, mass rallies, threatening letters and phone calls to government officials, vandalism and bombings of government offices, a plane flying into an irs office, standoffs with federal authorities etc, it will only escalate into a similar incident like Medina, Ruby Ridge, Waco or something similar to that and will captivate the country and then all hell will brake loose between these individuals and the federal government.
    With high unemployment, bankruptcies, foreclosures, a poor economy with rising costs of food, gas and the like it will probably start out with rioting and then after citizens start getting arrested, brutalized and killed then government officials and police officers will start getting shot, acts of sabotage will occur against government buildings and police stations with wide spread looting and firebombings everywhere.
    While crude at first these citizen turned militants will arm themselves heavily, adapt to their environment, join together and improve their skills and techniques and then the government will call in the military and then the whole thing will escalate out of control on a nationwide scale potentially starting a second Civil War...
  • therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WELL SAID MAN, WELL SAID, ITS CERTIANLY UNDER WAY.
    edited November -1
    And when the government or other so called authority beckons orders to relinquish our armaments, promising that we will be treated well and taken care of, like what was done for the Confederates by federal troops in the story The Outlaw Josey Wales; we can reply, "MOLON LABE!"
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our system now is fragile. We are dependent on an almost daily delivery system of truck, air, rail, and ship. Any one of these go down and its game over.
    edited November -1
    Most people are still sleeping.

The massive job loss that will occur when Caterpillar, Deere, and some other large manufacturing companies move operations overseas will create the "boil over" effect needed to wake the masses !

Until then.....get prepared if you are not already.
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    You're never prepared enough or as much as you'd like to be, but once you feel that you may have an efficient amount for yourself and family, one should also consider having arms and supplies for other Constitutionalist Patriots if finances and such permit.
    The tighter the so called authorities close their fist the more militants will slip through their fingers, they cant stop us all and should know that and with approximately 90 million gun owners and at 3% potential militant strength that should terrify the hell out of any stupid bureaucrats not to mention their goons, so if they want war then bring it.
    At Thermopylae, 1,000,000 Persians lost 20,000 yet failed to disarm just 300 Spartans. There are approximately 90,000,000 lawful American gun owners of which 3% would resist even harder, That we promise, MOLON LABE!
    edited November -1
    Out of the 90 Million gun owners....

....how many do you think will lay down their weapons ?

....how many will stand shoulder to shoulder with you ?
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    Probably a majority, where as 3% +/- of a much smaller variable will not and will rise against the beast, however that is my opinion even though I believe that far too few have a true conviction to stand up for their Constitutional Rights and fight and possibly die for doing so. I just don't feel that the majority is willing to sacrifice what little that they think that they actually don't have under this corrupt and unconstitutional government, but maybe someday soon they will realize that and join us if hopefully its not already too late.
  • dakotarich63dakotarich63 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They already have a plan, they may not have thought it all the way through. They are trying to incite a small violent uprising which they will crush. They will then declare marshal law and try to confiscate all firearms to restore order and peace.If this dose not work they will turn off the power,if you are not prepared for this you will be forced to survive.
    This is a very dark scenario, one I hope and pray dose not happen.The race is for November, they will try to force as much as they can.The voting system is greatly flawed, and you don't even know if your vote is going to count.
    The American people need to stick together,( united we stand,divided we fall )
    Dakotarich63
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Out of the 90 Million gun owners....

....how many do you think will lay down their weapons ?.......85 million

....how many will stand shoulder to shoulder with you ?.......1 to 2 million.
  • freedomfighterfreedomfighter Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

That is where I sit.

IdahoRedneck, nyforester, freemind, Horse Plains Drifter, cccooper, are right on. Good and realistic perspective.

Rockatansky has something to offer that must be pointed out.

The "catastrophic or grandiose event" has happened. 9-11, but the facts have not been shared with the people.

Meaning media is the key. Getting the populations informed rather than manipulated is the beginning.

If we feel we NEED to prevent the catastrophic breakdown of society, we need to join together to take actions that reverse the effects of the boiling frog technique of slowly raising the temperature.

Gun rights are important. All of those with a developed and realistic perspective need to take a close look at a strategy that is a flanking manuever as the topic of a thread I started.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=434277

Those with the "developed and realistic perspective" I appreciate still describe behaviors. The behavior of government sucks, to say the least. There has been an infiltration and the infiltrators are sneaking up on us. My thread is about us, the people, developing appropriate control over ourselves by respecting the part of our mind which IS 86% of our mental existence, and learning to work with it.

There are a bunch of unreasonable fears that we need to get over. Those fears have been specifically created in us to keep us from controlling ourselves for our purposes. Those puposes need to be shared and logically, media is the place to do it.
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are told only what they want you to hear. While there are many Truths in the world, the real truth is rarely reported to us common folk. Media bias is well known well documented and almost NEVER reported. The government does not want us informed or enlightened in any way. That is why they have controlled the education system for decades. Dumbed down, fat and happy. That is the way to subdue a population. Encourage the apathy, the entitlements, and the takers. Once you have them hooked on Big Government, it is almost impossible to ever wean them off the tit. It will be the guys who have read the history books and understood their relevance to todays plight that will survive. The folks that remember to actively participate in their own survival rather than depend on some government entity, that will thrive. I've been preaching the truth for a while now and have gathered around me a number of like minded individuals that understand and believe in the necessity of taking care of our own. My great grandfather survived WWI, My Grandfather WWII, my uncle survived Korea, my Godfather survived the 'Nam. I survived the 2 firefights that I was a part of and me and mine will survive this.
  • JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    You are told only what they want you to hear. While there are many Truths in the world, the real truth is rarely reported to us common folk. Media bias is well known well documented and almost NEVER reported. The government does not want us informed or enlightened in any way. That is why they have controlled the education system for decades. Dumbed down, fat and happy. That is the way to subdue a population.

That pretty much sums it up. The problem we have today is that we don't have a foreign entity taxing us as was the case 235 years ago. The people back then were able to unite and identify the enemy. It is now perceived that there is no enemy. It's just the hand we've been dealt for this election cycle. Or that election cycle. There's a large group of people who will always feel the govt. has the people's best interest at heart no matter what they do! Media is very powerful.

You factor in that with (as you say), the general disinterest with anything political, the uneducated, confusion, and fear.... I think you can forget about anybody doing anything. They can get a million gays together to march on D.C. but when it comes to freedom, everybody thinks they are free already. "There's nothing to worry about it in that regard."
    But, you have a failing system with ever increasing demand for more money to fund whatever new programs they come up with on a whim.

As others have said... when people start going hungry, when they lose all the creature comforts we're used to, when we start turning the other way and turning into a Mexico, when people lose HUGE amounts of life savings to hyper-inflation.... I anticipate things to get real ugly.
    I think the writing's on the wall. Whatever it may be that's going to hit the fan..... it could just be outright, unruly anarchy that goes out of control... regardless, I suspect this country is about as safe as it's ever going to be right now. We're going downhill. Whether that leads to positive change for the people is really up in the air, but I'm doubting it.

No matter what, at the least, nobody can argue that our financial outlook for the future is over. It's done. We're long since bankrupt. The consequences coming down the road will have to be catastrophic. Many people live for money. When it's gone, they will lose their minds. Even the rich will lose.

It's a sad state of affairs indeed.
  • freedomfighterfreedomfighter Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JackBwr
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    You are told only what they want you to hear. While there are many Truths in the world, the real truth is rarely reported to us common folk. Media bias is well known well documented and almost NEVER reported. The government does not want us informed or enlightened in any way. That is why they have controlled the education system for decades. Dumbed down, fat and happy. That is the way to subdue a population.

That pretty much sums it up. The problem we have today is that we don't have a foreign entity taxing us as was the case 235 years ago. The people back then were able to unite and identify the enemy. It is now perceived that there is no enemy. It's just the hand we've been dealt for this election cycle. Or that election cycle. There's a large group of people who will always feel the govt. has the people's best interest at heart no matter what they do! Media is very powerful.

You factor in that with (as you say), the general disinterest with anything political, the uneducated, confusion, and fear.... I think you can forget about anybody doing anything. They can get a million gays together to march on D.C. but when it comes to freedom, everybody thinks they are free already.

It's a sad state of affairs indeed.

Media influence is devastating and the exploitation of instinctual structures of thinking and feeling over time have had an immense toll on basic weakness that cccooper defines and the issues JackBwr points out relating to the unity that is promoted by media structures.

We've been made to think that because we choose what we view on the web that it is really our choice. What is not understood is that our ability to choose in ways that actually improves our participation in our own survival or evolution is actually altered.

For your entertainment, there are a few video producers out there that have vision. Unfortunately they are not prime time. The productions could be tho.

Watch, "The Job".

http://www.screamingfrog.com/video/video.html
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This subject has come up several times over the years. I read many of the same things as well. Some have talked about how they think it will happen. With riots and murder. The group that was just raided. A "Christian Militia" group that talked about over throwing the Government. I heard today that there are other militant groups calling themselves various names of alledged patriotic sybolism. One is talking about killing police officers then waiting for the funneral services and slaughtering the gathering. Things like that don't do any good fopr anyone and should NEVER be condoned. The trick is being able to see the truth. To tell the difference between the patriots and the murdering nutcases. It's the nutcases that will bring down any legit militias. Everyone will lumped into ONE group. There by turning a lot of the citizenery against any true movement.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    This subject has come up several times over the years. I read many of the same things as well. Some have talked about how they think it will happen. With riots and murder. The group that was just raided. A "Christian Militia" group that talked about over throwing the Government. I heard today that there are other militant groups calling themselves various names of alledged patriotic sybolism. One is talking about killing police officers then waiting for the funneral services and slaughtering the gathering. Things like that don't do any good fopr anyone and should NEVER be condoned. The trick is being able to see the truth. To tell the difference between the patriots and the murdering nutcases. It's the nutcases that will bring down any legit militias. Everyone will lumped into ONE group. There by turning a lot of the citizenery against any true movement.

Can you provide a link for this information...................doubt it.

EDIT..... but if you do Ill be the first to admit (whatever), however when the nut cases, as you put it....... start rising, something may start happening...............And rest assured folks will SEE...... and KNOW....... what is going on.

It all boils down to the Constitution, PERIOD.

The way it is now, an American is a nutcase.

We will show you where the bear shiatts in the woods[}:)][;)]
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So you would condone the murder innocent people if that's what it took? Because this is what a perticular group is talking about. Hopefully they are just talk. Excuse me if I read your post wrong.
    edited November -1
    quote:So you would condone the murder innocent people if that's what it took?
    So tell me, .45 ; Do you condone the murder of a woman holding a baby, her 13 year old son....
    How about somewhere around 100 men, women and children...gassed and burned to death in their home ?

I just want to see if there is a level playing fields, here...