In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

los angeles police illegally siezed 30 guns my 30

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Take some time and read the back posts. You young, energetic fire-breathers just tire me out. Your fire is all about repeating the mistakes of my generation..getting involved politically, writting letters, ect....all things that have brought us 20,000 gun laws.

Welcome to repeating those same errors..you have been well trained by the Elite.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Kinda structure it as a combination liability insurance in case we or our guns (in wrong hands) hurt someone or if we get arrested and need legal defense.

Most NRA members don't realize that the NRA automatically provides a death benefit to your survivors if you are killed in a firearms related accident. I forget how much it is worth, but it is part of your NRA membership. I've often wondered how often they have actually payed out on these policies.

But I agree, TR, the type of benefit you outline would be far more beneficial. The reason that we probably don't see such policies offered is because we would quickly learn that situations like Kevin's are all to common all across the country.

-Wolf
  • Options
    Explorer1Explorer1 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, Highball.

I understand that means you have past the batton, so you are now just going to set back and watch the game?

This reminds me why I visit here seldom, I get too riled up about the noise without action crowd. I learned that lesson, got tired of being run over.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haven't passed ANYTHING..nobody out there smart enough to make use of it.
    No...I use my time convincing one person at a time that the time for political posturing is over..that begging slimy politicians is beneath the dignity of a decent citizen.

I spend my time spreading the words...obey the law..but prepare for the day they come for the guns. Contribute NOTHING to slowing the pace of gun control..as guys like you try to merely SLOW the rate of gun control...so your kids NEVER have a chance at a free life...

Guys like you...that cheer over the "Right to Carry" laws..entirely too ignorant to know the difference between "RIGHTS"...AND PRIVILEGE...

Go storming off..don't even TRY to learn something..like you will here on this..THIS..forum
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Well, Fox...you got you an ally.

He says all the things that have gotten us 20,000 some gun laws.

We all need allies Highball. Even you do or.....will.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Of course,Mr Fox.

I have a secret thought, tho....when what you and tens of millions of decent,honorable Americans are attempting to do fail...I will have a goodly number of you'all as allies. For you will remember these days...and try as you wish..you are altering your thinking and your preparations in response to what you decry as bitter cynisism...

Explorer may heavily critize me..but the future is clear. Governments grow beyond a certain point..they are able to exercise the madness that ALWAYS permeates those seeking public..the urge to control their fellow man. You witness only the movement from covert to overt, today...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HEY KEVIN, CHECK YOUR MAIL!

We got the attention of somebody at GOA! I have forwarded them some information and have copied you on the message.

As for the rest of you, I strongly encourage, demand, and plead that you send a POLITE (yes you, Highball) e-mail message that states that you are monitoring Kevin Redrick's case in the Los Angeles Superior Court and that the situation greatly concerns you, to the following addresses:

GOA
    goamail@gunowners.org

NRA
    https://secure.nraila.org/Contact.aspx
    (You have to use their funky e-mail form, but DO IT!!!)

I suggest that in the message you also link the two posts on this forum that describe Kevin's plight:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=190319
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=191445

And lastly, Explorer1 is absolutely RIGHT! We have all been sitting on our azzez way too long! So all I got to say is, get off of them and send a couple damn e-mails!!!

Don't do it for me.

Don't do it for yourself.

Don't do it for Kevin Redrick.

Don't even do it for the Second Amendment.

Do it for Ronnie Perkins.

We all failed him. Maybe we can do something for Kevin Redrick while he (and we) still has a chance.

-WoundedWolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wolf...: [:D]

While I won't be sending e-mails...I have thought for awhile that this case ought to be a real barn=burner for you guys that think courts/politicians/media/NRA/GOA....Ect...is the answer.

The only caution I would give is...somebody smart enough to get the court records and police reports ought to GET THEM....and report back to you guys. Scams are easy to set up on the 'net...and you might just administer yourself a black-eye...
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

How many in this discussion know who their local NRA rep is by name? Ever met 'em? When did you talk with him/her last? Who is your Congressman (both state and federal)? Ever been in their offices?

ME , YES to all of the above and then some.
    I do what I can .
    Try getting tickets to the next Friends Of NRA dinner
    and Meet the people that make it work. Hell you may
    even have fun. [8D]
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent the emails you suggested to GOA and NRA.

I thanked the GOA, and encouraged the NRA to help.

What exactly did the GOA say in their message?
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    Hi, I am writing on behalf of a friend, Kevin Redrick.
    I am monitoring his case and thank you for helping him out!

again I thank you for your help,
    Sincerely
    M. Mc

sent to NRA, GOA

good luck kevin and im sorry for you bro.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is the message I got from GOA, okay nothing earth-shattering, but at least it is a response from a real person:

quote:Good morning and thank you for the note.

I see from your postings that Mr. Redrick's trial was last Friday. Do
    you know the outcome?

Robert E. Duggar
    Public Liaison
    rduggar@gunowners.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:The only caution I would give is...somebody smart enough to get the court records and police reports ought to GET THEM....and report back to you guys. Scams are easy to set up on the 'net...and you might just administer yourself a black-eye...

Highball, you are a sharp man and your cynicism and suspicion is healthy.

Just so everyone knows, I have verified the name of every (I think) judge that Kevin has mentioned in his two postings here regarding his case. The courtroom numbers that Kevin mentioned for each judge even appear to correlate. You are all welcome to do this for free directly on the Los Angeles Superior Court website here:

https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/judicialOfficers/main.asp?Referer=Index

I also took the extra effort of purchasing Kevin Redrick's court records from the Los Angeles Superior Court. I have requested Kevin's permission to share these records with those of you that are interested, but I will respect his privacy if he does not want that.

I will say, that after briefly examining these records, the dates, charges, and outcomes that Kevin has described on this forum appear to be accurate.

-WoundedWolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WoundedWolf;
    THANK YOU, Sir....I apreciate your effort in this matter.

I am not technically literate enough to do it...but gathering the pertinate details..along with WW's affirmation..and posting over on General might gather a few more e=mails to the guilty parties....

And passing along to the NRA/GOA, ect. the facts that WW took the trouble to verify Kevins story will carry MUCH more weight...

Once again...Thank you, Wolf...there has been more then a few scams run on us in these forums over the years...and biting on them means one has to say they are sorry...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dang WW! You are certainly a capable and competent person.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WoundedWolf,
    You took the wind out of my sails. Thank you.

Absolutely NO offence to you Kevin, but it HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

Like Highball, I looked at this, when it was first posted, with some skepticism. (Almost too many facts, dates, etc.) Scams on the internet are easy, and I would imagine that we have all been bitten in the rear, at one time or another.

I needed to know, before endorsing any action, so I had verified that the judges mentioned by Kevin were sitting judges. (which they are, as evidenced by your post) I had called some of the phone numbers. (which were as stated) I was in the process of trying to check the names of the public defenders, and other facts posted by Kevin. WW, you took it to the next level, and I for one appreciate that.

With this conformation provided by WW, I would hope that there are some out there reading this, who will get behind Kevin, in whatever capacity they feel comfortable with.

WW, I would like (with Kevin's permission) to receive a copy of the records you have. I will help with the cost of distributing them (copying, postage, etc) to anyone interested.

Kevin, before you give permission (if your going to) let it be known that I may very well use this case in my crusade against the JBT's in the future. Name will be withheld upon request.

WW,
    Again, you have my thanks.
  • Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have sent the email to the goa, and the nra once again. Best of luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have received Kevin's permission to distribute his court record.

First, let me explain exactly what I have obtained. The Los Angeles Superior Court has an online fee-based system that allows access to their criminal court records. The website is here:

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/OnlineServices/CivilIndex/

It costs $5 to run a records search on the name of a criminal defendant (that fee will actually let you search up to 100 names, but I just did Kevin's). What it returns is a list of matching names and then a list of charges and outcomes for that defendant in the L. A. Superior Court system.

In Kevin's case, I got one exact match for his name. I opened the record and it is basically what he described in his messages, court dates, charges, and outcomes. Of the charges that have been filed against him in the last 6 months, all have been dismissed in court except the "POSSESSION OF AN ASSAULT WEAPON" charge that Kevin has mentioned.

There is another charge from 1993 for "POSSESSION COCAINE BASE FOR SALE". This is the charge that Kevin claims was false. Apparently it was either a trumped charge or mistaken identity. In the first thread Kevin posted here, he said this about the drug charge:

quote:yes i was finger printed on my oct 4 2005 arrest.
    i was told to re-submitt my prints on jan 25 2006, in order to prove
    i was ot the person convicted for sales of drugs in 1993.
    today in court 2-24-06 i was proved correct, the d.a. dropped that 1993 drug case, it was not me, my prints proved that.
    i just caught them the district attorney, and lapd in another fabricated lie.

There is one remaining charge from 1984 on Kevin's record. He seems unaware of this and I have asked him for further information. Regardless, it probably doesn't have any bearing on his recent firearms charges.

Back to the records, I had the option of printing the court record, but instead I saved the webpage. Since I have Kevin's permission, I am going to e-mail this file (HTML) to Pickenup, and whomever else is interested. I could post them here, but I don't feel comfortable doing that, as it is not polite for Kevin's sake.

The version I saved has some of the links to the court logos broken, but all of the data is there exactly as it was on the original website. If you need it straight from the horse's mouth then I suggest you pay the $5 and check it out first-hand on the link above. They accept credit cards.

I understand all of your skepticism. I think it is a healthy trait. But there was just something about this case that intrigued me, so I had to follow it.

-WoundedWolf
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While some have theorized that Wayne LaPierre makes millions, his actual salary is: $810,705.00/year.

Which ain't chump change, but certainly isn't as exorbitant as some claim.

Information found here:
    http://www.charitywatch.org/criteria.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mpolans
    While some have theorized that Wayne LaPierre makes millions, his actual salary is: $810,705.00/year.

Which ain't chump change, but certainly isn't as exorbitant as some claim.

Information found here:
    http://www.charitywatch.org/criteria.html

Thanks for clearing that up for us. The people who (especially the non-NRA members) who so rabidly resent the amounts paid to the NRA excutives should probably recruit some street person to take LaPierre's place. They could probably get that street person to do the job for minimum wage.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The man would be worth millions if he actually was successful in lobbying to get gun laws rolled back...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    The man would be worth millions if he actually was successful in lobbying to get gun laws rolled back...

He's doing a whole lot better at that roll-back than Sarah Brady and she seems to be living large.
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, it's time I weighed in on this matter. Assuming this is a case of mistaken identity it will still take a long time to get straightened out because it's already filed in court.

The LAPD has some serious exposure here and they and the prosecutors will stall all they can as they look for anyway to convict this man of anything at all.

Sending out the SOS to the world here is understandable but counter productive. He needs a civil tort lawyer. The public defender will only deal with the criminal charges and won't fight to get his firearms rightfully returned or seek damages.

This is too messy for the NRA or GAO to get involved with until he's cleared of the criminal charges. That has not happened yet. I'd give this case as much as another 90 days before it's over.

Then the tort battle will begin. This will be handled on a contingent fee agreement with any competent tort lawyer assuming the cops and or prosecutors screwed up.

The NRA would not be needed under the circumstances. The NRA would make legal research material available to the civil attorney if he asks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Defender. Thank you. I kinda wish you had "waded in" sooner. So basically if Kevin is innocent, and the legal system in L.A. can't illegally convict him of anything, when Kevin's whole ordeal is over, even if he doesn't get his guns back then, he will be free of this legal entanglement.

And an that point, based on the circummstances of the situation as has been presented to us, good, powerful and compentent attornys will volunteer to take Kevin's case solely on a contingency basic ans sue the he!! out of the city of L.A. and probably Kevin will end up rich and can buy as many new guns as he wants.

Basically that is how I understand your post and that is what makes sense to me. And if true, we can all relax and wait for the payoff.
  • Options
    kevin redrickkevin redrick Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello again to the gun broker community, from kevin redrick.
    be advised that i will be attending my next court date on march 23 2006 div 134 presiding judge mark v mooney.
    please continue to inform others, such as chat rooms, blogs, internet sites, media outlets,
    gun clubs, about my false arrest, illegal firearm seizure, and the countless civil right injustices, which take place on a daily basis, at the hands of the los angeles police department, district attorneys office, and the local city council.

again remember, i only ask for your moral support.

i have recently, gotten mail responses, from the u.s. house of represenatives, and the united states attorney debra wong wang/central district of california.
    wounded wolf again, thankyou for your assistance, and moral support.
    take care have a great day
    kevin redrick
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good luck tomorrow, Kevin!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wondering if your public defender showed up this time?
    Keep us posted.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Kevin!
  • Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck man.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hello again gun broker forum, from kevin redrick
    well i have returned from todays
    court proceedings.
    i have been informed by the presiding judge mark v mooney, that i must return again on may 15 2006, to begin my trial phase?
    however a unsettled, issue arose, that is the fabricated 1993 drug sales conviction.
    i was told on feb 24 2006, by deputy public defender salvador salgado, that the D.A., had dropped the drug charge, after discovering someone else, was responsible for that crime.
    however the judge, mentioned this crime again, and indicated he was waiting for a probationary report?
    i have never been sentenced to probation?
    again, more stall tactics...
    also, i was told by the deputy public defender salvador salgado, that the state passed a law that, if my assult weapons were not registered before 2001, i must surrender them to law enforcement.
    however the attorney general has refused to prosecute me, for this act?

again guys continue to inform others about my case, and the need for any assistance.
    again thanks, for your support.
    have a great day kevin redrick.
  • Options
    m1a shooterm1a shooter Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 18 years ago i was pulled over in a small town 20 miles from my small home town for a tail light being out. The officer found 3 unopened beer cans in the car that i was driving. I was taken to the police station where i was finger printed and charged with possesson of liquor by minor.i went to court and pleaded guilty to the charge and did not think anything of it until 18 years later when i sent for my ffl. I received a letter from bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives stating that i had been arrested 18 years ago for a dangerous drugs& possesson liquor by minor.i got a lawyer and tryed to get the dangerous drug charge taken off. After 2 monthes the lawyer told me it had been removed. Two years later i got on at the sheriffs department when they ran a NCIC check on me it stated that i had been arrested for a dangerous charge i had to get ahold of the arresting agency and they faxed a statment to the department that i had never been arrested for a dangerous drug charge but i had been charged with possesson liquor by monor. When they took my finger prints they put the wrong charge on there and sent it to the database. I just thought i would share that with everyone because it happens all the time. Kevin i hope everything works out for you. Jeff from illinios
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kevin, I notice that you edit each of your posts every day or so. Is this to keep them bumped to the top? Don't worry we won't forget ya. [;)]

Perhaps you would like to give us a report on your eviction case, or on the two senators that have offered their support. Don't be afraid to keep us in the loop, even if it is just about what you did today. With all you have gone through, I'm surprised that you are able to keep it together at all. Maybe we can be some kind of therapy for you to get you through this time. We all know this is got to be incredibly tough on you, physically, emotionally, and otherwise.

Godspeed to you, my friend.
    -WoundedWolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    or on the two senators that have offered their support
    I would like to hear about this also.
    Or any other support that may have been generated.

UPDATES are more than welcome.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hello gun broker forum, from kevin redrick.

i would like to share some up date information, pertaining to my case.

1st be advised, i have recently edited my 2 previous post, adding additional information, and details, which could be helpful, to myself, and the gun broker forum community.

2nd i posted a new subject, (inventory of kevin,s seized guns)
    this post includes a detail list of the firearms, along with their
    serial# numbers, that were illegally seized from me, by the los angeles police department.
    i ask that you make copies, of the weapons, and their serial numbers#, and pass that information, to the gun community.
    i deem, these firearms, to be legally stolen from me!

3rd. i have now received, a written response from arizona senator john mccain.
    he has stated that he will, refer my plea for his assistance, to
    california senator barbara boxer.

4th i received, a 2nd reply from senator dianne feinstein, she has assured me, that the governor of california will assist me, on my
    case.

my eviction trial date is set for april 12 2006.

i have not heard from any news media outlets, and i don,t expect any assistance from them.
    in california the media, is mostly
    anti-gun advocates !

once again, i would like to thank wounded wolf, pickenup, kyplumber, and the entire gun forum community, for your support.

please continue to inform, blogs, chat rooms, internet sites, media outlets, about my case, and the legal injustices, taking place in los angeles california.

take care from kevin redrick.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hello gun broker forum, from kevin redrick.

this could be the very last update,and gun broker forum contact, to my case concerning my false arrest, and illegal weapons seizure, by the los angeles police chief william bratton.

1st some additional info, about my self, the forum should be aware of.

in 1993, i was issused a (collector of curios and relics license, from the
    department of treasury /bureau of alcohol tobacco,and firearms.
    the license number was/9-95-019-03-7g-36904.

in july 1997, i was issued a 2nd renewal license/ 9-95-019-03-og-36904.

the above licenses, can be confirmed
    by the current director of b.a.t.f
    mr. carl truscott, or executive assistant office of the director, tina street.

i had been in contact, with mr truscott, asking for his assistance, in dealing with the los angeles police dept, before my unlawful arrest, and false imprisonment.

2 nd, be advised that i have now received contact from u.s.congressman
    xavier becerra 31 st district california.
    he has stated, that he will refer my plea for assistance, to a council member in my area.

3d. i have also received contact, from 2 additional state senators.
    that is now a total of 5 state senators, who have offered their assistance to me.

4th. april 12 2006, i will attending my 2nd residence eviction trial.
    i don,t think ill win this one, my land lord macbeth apartment systems inc, has seen to this outcome already.

5th. i only ask that the gunbroker forum, continue to inform others, such as, chat rooms, gun clubs, news media outlets, internet sites, friends, organizations, or anyone who will listen, about my case, and the legal injustices, taking place in los angeles california, at the hands of the los angeles police department, district attorneys office, and local city council members!

6th
    your immediate, much needed involvement, could preserve the firearms ownership rights, of others and possibly the reversal of false criminal convictions, against those who have been falsely arrested, and convicted, by the los angeles police deparment, and its helpers!

once again, i would like to thank, the entire gun broker forum, for your moral support.
    have a great day kevin redrick.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kevin! What is your plan if the eviction goes through? Do you have family or friends that you will be living with? Is this why you will not be posting on the forums anymore, because you will no longer have internet access? Please elaborate.

Are you working at all? I know you said you could not be a security guard right now, which is your profession, but do you have any sort of income at all? How have you been surviving these past 6 months? Is your landlord evicting you because you aren't able to pay your rent? Are you required to stay in Los Angeles County until your legal proceedings are complete?

Kevin, as you know, I have made a lot of effort to check out your story, and the facts of your case that I have been able to verify all seem to match up with the information you have conveyed here. But there are some pieces that I don't understand. I have not pushed you for them, but since you say this may be your last communication with this group, I would like to know what exactly is going on. If you haven't been working then what do you do each day? Is most of your time consumed with contacting the media and politicians regarding your case? If this is indeed the end of the road, please try to give us all the information you can so that maybe someone reading this may have a remote possibility of helping you.

You have not asked us for money, or any favor other than to just pass your story on to others. Even if you get evicted, you sound confident that you will defeat the criminal charges against you. Will you stay in Los Angeles? Everything you have said up to now sounds as if you have no reason for staying in that place. Are you packing up the remains of you belongings? Putting things in storage? Planning on staying at the YMCA? Kevin, what exactly is going on here?

[?]
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    This is California's ONLY Pro-Gun attorney:

http://www.gwgorski.com/

Kevin, if you have any remote thinking that Barbara Boxer or Dianne Feinstein are going to help you.....you are naive.

Those two are likely pushing that judge to throw the book at you.

You are in possession of firearms that weren't imported into the United States until long after California's 1989 "Assault Weapons" Ban. In 1989 Romania was still part of the Warsaw Pact and no Romanian Firearms were imported until 1997 due to the arms embargo on Warsaw Pact Nations.

History of Sar1 AK47 importations (including parts kits):

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model.htm

""BATF gave Century Arms a "Cease and Desist" on SAR importation because when they came in they were not 992 compliant from the start.""

There is no possible way you purchased SAR1's in California during or before the California 'Assault Weapon Ban'. You must have gotten them across State lines??

Under California Law if you are in possession of an assault weapon that is not registered: Misdemeanor on first conviction.

Your Eagle Arms (Division of Armalite) AR15 can be traced to when it was manufactured by using Armalite's online serial number tracer:

http://www.armalite.com/ASPs/serialNumberSearch/submitSerialNumber.htm

Has LAPD destroyed/lost the evidence yet?? Has your attorney checked to see if they even still have those firearms? I bet they have cut them up or taken them home by now.

How on Earth can they prosecute you for a firearms charge when their warrant to even get possession of them/ search your home was false?

You need to pick up the phone and call Gary Gorski or shoot him a fax/email.

A motion needs to be immediately filed to dismiss the charges on the basis that the warrant was fraudulently issued. LEO's can not LIE to a judge to get a search warrant.
  • Options
    gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What ever happened with this case ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gonzo1510
    What ever happened with this case ?

Kevin just updated us a couple days ago.
    Look at about the 4th post down in this thread.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=242059