In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why are so many afraid of a draft .

124»

Comments

• Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    If they ever gave this Ghost guy the truth serum he wouldn't be able to talk for a month.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    Ol Grey GhostOl Grey Ghost Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee, Dcon, that's almost funny. I have two legs that I cannot stand on (at least not for more than a few seconds) because some idiot forgot to DeCONtaminate a piece of U.S. property properly before I had to handle it and my family which helps me get into and out of my wheelchair, our van, etc., are just rolling in the aisles. The Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon must be a constant laugh-a-minute for you even when Carrot-Top is not on stage. Oh, and my arms are beginning to go out now, too, so let's see if "I can hold a candle to your brilliance." Let me see it now, "Well if your arms are so bad, how can you type you lying coward?" Very slowly, very painfully, and very carefully. I do take breaks from this B.S. once in a while.

The Ol' Grey Ghost

"The best way to determine how strong a man feels about something he says is what sacrifices he goes through to say it." I believe this one is attributed to Pope John Paul II
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least you almost got my tag right. Don[:D]

"I would not mind being the last man on earth just to see if all those girls were telling me the truth"
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Do us ALL a favor and take a break from this website.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grey Ghost was Robert E, Lees' nickname you've adopted.
    You imply you're an older person yet your father was in Vietnam.
    I figure you're 35 years old, tops.
  • Options
    Ol Grey GhostOl Grey Ghost Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    V35:

The original Ol' Grey Ghost was General Nathan Bedford Forrest, C.S.A., the founder of the original Klu Klux Klan and the man who closed it down after it had served its noble purpose. This Klan is no way related to the Klan of today.

Again, I am not 16 and I am not 66 but I am closer to 66 than I am to 16. 35 is closer to 16. Try again and you have have to E-mail me with the necessary information if you want to win the prize
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Heff- It's real clear the loser doesn't even know what kind of "book" a DD214 is, let alone have one. And as for checking search engines for Grey Ghost, be prepared for about 3 days of wading through millions of hits- This clown is merely trying to reduce the level of the conversation to that of a moron, and in so doing he would be the winner, because even a sum of all other posters could not come close to matching his experience at that level. I'm reminded of a serial criminal- playing a game of cat&mouse, trying to aggravate someone enough to follow his irrational clues so he can achieve some sort of relationship. Reminds me of a poem that ends- now I older and got more sense- use the knothole in the fence.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Is this your huckleberry?

http://www.2ampd.net/Articles/WickhamLundy/Why Do They Fear Us.htm

Page 2 on the Google Search.

I ran the name on a search engine and got a phone number. Should I call and see if we got the right Ghost?

He say's he's near Waco and running Big Yellow there is a number in Belton, TX....which happens to be just south of Waco.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    So ghost, did I get your information right?
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, Gray Ghost, it was Mosby of Mosby's Raiders.
    Did you find your DD214 book?
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    This is about enough.

I don't know enough to pass judgement, but the arguing and name-calling are getting out of hand, not to mention the colorful language.

So, this one is locked up. Start another if you wish, but try to be civil.

For what it is worth, I do not relish the notion of a draft, having a 17 year old son graduating from high school this year. If he decides to serve, I will support and respect his decision, but it should be his choice.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net