In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who do you most admire on G.B.?

babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2007 in General Discussion
And why....it's the dead of winter, let's brighten it up with a few bouquets! [8D] BB

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Select-fire. He has the most guns[;)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I would have to say that I admire the GB trolls, they can piss most everybody off with but a few well placed words(or poorly placed words, depending on your perspective) and have this place hopping.[:D][:p][8][:o)][}:)]

aliens.jpg
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Judge Dred.....wish he would come back

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Outdoortexas, he's the first friend i made on here.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Gotta be Lowrider. Right or wrong he speaks his mind and sez his piece. Seems he could care less about influencing anyone or anybody. Oh yeah, Mudgies pretty cool too.[:D]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Mark Christian

Knows more about guns and gun law than I can ever hope to know

Sold my Cow so I don't need any Bull
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have to say Hairy. No matter that most think his post are too long and repetitive he keeps right on posting and trying to defend a (in my opinion) lost cause.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are so many it would be wrong to name one. Before his move and
    quitting posting, I would have said Muley. I never heard him rag on anybody. I would like to meet many others on here face to face so we could really get to know each other. I have never argued with any member I've met, and that even includes interstatepawn, and you all know he's about 1/2 a bubble strange.[;)] I like you J.C.[^]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Got so many..Bambihunter,Mark Christain,the Tool clan,
    SaxonPig,Classic,BlackRoses,interstatepawn,selectfire,
    cbxjeff, rafter s, lowrider, Booger clan, heff,nunn,
    kingjoey,ruger,retnjcop, Ell I like all y'all!
    Need to meet all of you and toss a lil lead at the paper or at least lie to each other about who is the best shot..
    It has been a pleasure.
    Walte
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have to pick 6. No particular order.

Bambihunter because it seems I have agreed with him quite a few times.

Hairy because he stands up for his beliefs when it is against the majority opinion.

Mark Christian and Guns&Glass for their knowledge of guns and optics.

Pabooger because of his humor.

Danceswithsheep because of his way with words.

And lots of other for their generousity and helpfulness.[:)]

Mad Dog
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    The only ones I don't respect or admire have been blocked! Everyone of you folks rate high on my list! Funny how I've found that to be true with most gun people.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tools1, That isn't true.. I don't hardly have any guns...
    I do alot of funnin around on here and hopefully haven't offended anyone.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Each and everyone on here is unique and special in their own little way! There are a few on here that I have a special place in my heart for! There are a few who I have a special place somewhere else for![:D]

Some of the people I admired a great deal are no longer posting on the forum, I miss Muley and some others!

I guess the ones that I admire the most are the ones that put a smile on my face, and you know who you are!

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    I respect Nunn for putting up with and monitoring our crap.
    I'm envious of Kimberkids toys.
    I respect most everyone on here, we all have opinions.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being a diverse group, the varied takes on a topic are eye opening. I admire everyone here. Even the trash-talkers, 'cause after they calm down (or sober up[:D]), most are contrite...On his golden throne, Nunn is a saint for putting up with us..[^]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are to many to list, and I don't want to cut anyone out [:D]

Thats why I love this place all good people! [:D][:D][:D]

(after all It just would'nt be right to say "I love Boogers")[:D][;)]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Can we admire ourselves for being so great? Just kidding.

I'd have to go along with Dheffley on this one and give kudo's to the solid core of GB'ers that unselfishly give of their knowledge and advice without judgement to all who have need. I've personally met about half dozen of ya'll out there and "spoken" to a bunch others and can't say as I come away with any bad vibes. Ya'll are just a great bunch of folk and I'm just as happy as a flea on a hound to have been accepted on this forum. Further, I really can't think of too many days that I don't refer to people in my surroundings about what has transpired on this board or who did what and to whom - I admire all ya'll.[:D]

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Abby.
    Now that K & M have posted her pic,
    Dana is on the list too.
    Along with rldowns's crew, and a few others. [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I have a lost of respect for everyone. My current favorites would have to be Mark Christian for his willingness to lend his knowledge and expertise to everyone's questions. I also would like to thank Nunn for putting up with all our (occasions [:D]) crap

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr.Christian,

Knows what he is talking about and never seems to get involved in petty banter.CW

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like so many. Outdoortx, trooperchin, vclubb, ECC, 0311marine, Nightstalker, man, so many more.[:)]

Best posts are by Lowrider[:p]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I really enjoyed CUTIEPIERACER. She brought sincerity and a thoughtfulness that warmed my heart. Her amusing mispelled stories of girl against the world, her grasp of the human condition, her ability to make others see things her own special way....

Seriously, I like ROBOMAN. I don't agree with some of his views, but I admire the young buck for having the courage to bare his soul to a bunch of sharped tounged old far#ts. I couldn't have done it when I was 12...(sorry ROBO couldn't resist).

I like DHEFF. Not sure why, just seems like the kinda guy you could have a fist fight with and then go have a beer. Or maybe it's that little grinning wolf...

I am pretty new here but am hooked. I'm sure the list will be longer next year.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have met some great people here and i feel the people here are a good group. I would not want to pick names . I'm just glad i found this site and you all have made me feel welcome. I look foward to sharing future forums with you all.Bless you all.[:D][:D]

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas? --Joseph Stalin
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pa booger, JUJU miss his wit alot,all those that just helped me in my time of need. Heck I like everybody even Hairy gives me a laff now and then.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I admire quite a few GBers, Rosie for his straight no nonsense talk, Mark Christian for his tireless attempts to educate we simpletons, Dances With Sheep for making me laugh, Clouder for his calming wisdom, Saxon Pig for his ability to get out of bed each day, Pa booger for his sound financial advice... I could go on for days. You are all a great bunch. I've had a ball here.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if admire is the right word, but every time I see a post by Mark Christian I always read it. He rarely gets into posting to gab like most of us (especially me) but he often has an insight to some guns that I may have owned for a long time and didn't even know the information he was talking about.

As far as admirable people (at least judging by thier posts) my list would include quite a few members, and the members with a fair amount of posts will be first off the top of my head but there's some new members that appear they will be real assets to the forum.

A few of the "veterans" off the top of my head are (in no order): HeDog, OutdoorTexas, 5DB (whom I haven't seen in a while), Searcher5, PRZNCOP110, Gap1916, IMACLONE, JJMitchell60, Jsergovic, and I know I'm forgetting quite a few (sorry, just got out of my nightclass).
    I think for the most part the trolls have been thinned right now and we have a lot of new members that will become great GB "old-timers" (crims40, Kennethandmellisa, Travis, and many others)

Well, at least until Travis started trolling!!! [}:)][B)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wundudnee
    There are so many it would be wrong to name one. Before his move and
    quitting posting, I would have said Muley. I never heard him rag on anybody. I would like to meet many others on here face to face so we could really get to know each other. I have never argued with any member I've met, and that even includes interstatepawn, and you all know he's about 1/2 a bubble strange.[;)] I like you J.C.[^]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black

Just 1/2 bubble off Scott? Those shock treatments must be working afterall. Just wait till it warms up again. Seriously, you are a fine man and a good friend, even if ya can't shoot.[;)]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a large group that I enjoy reading, a few that pi** me off, and about 10 that I truly admire their expertise. I have spent hours and hours in classes and learned much less that you guys have taught me.

Thanks

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Who do you most admire on G.B.?

I most admire all y'all queer's (ya know odd)...[:X]

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • ruger 10 22ruger 10 22 Member Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say Pabooger he seems like a really good person, and you have to love those shorts.[;)][:D]

"The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practiced in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless - by disarming them."
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I like the majority of posters. Most seem to be pretty good people with the same interests as mine. Kinda hard to find anywhere else.

Larry
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now you see? You don't realise how many you really do appreciate until you try to narrow it down to a few!
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are many, many members that I admire for their knowledge and helpfulness. [^] There are many others whose posts are fun to read. [:o)] Then, there are those whose posts I never read because the contents are always predictable. [:0] But, the one I admire most is Bambihunter because he fixed my computer and is now my HERO. [:I][:I] Then, there is pabooger.....he's a hoot! [:D][:D][^]

denny
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interstatepawn, why? Because he gave me 10 bucks! Thats why!

But seriously, I admire and respect many on GB. All those who look to help others and know when to attack and when to lend a helping hand. Mark Christian, Rafter, RancheroPaul, Nmeyers to name a few. Great guys.

There are those that never seem to have a positive thought, but I can't think of any of their names. Go figure.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Not going to mention names, you all know who you are. You are the ones that:

1. Give help here
    2. Share outside of here
    3. Discuss the topics with an open mind
    4. Take a joke well
    5. Make a joke now and then
    6. Accept young people here as equals (still love the one you all pulled on Trooper and admire Trooper for the way he took it)
    7. Don't get personal
    8. Come here looking for friends and fun
    9. Nunn for poofing when someone gets nasty or mean
    10. GB for letting us hang out here together

Who do I NOT admire: Trash talkers with an attitude.
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mlincoln, the only one had me pegged.

Clouder..
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ATF because he has a comfortable looking home. [:)]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • intercessorintercessor Member Posts: 437
    edited November -1
    A lot of good folks out there, but Mark Christian gets my vote. Always has a clear, concise answer. Doesn't get involved in mudslinging, good natured or not. Hope I grow up to be just like him! [Not likley, I probably won't ever grow up.]
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Who do you most admire on G.B.? "

FreudianSlippers!

"And why?"

[:p] [;)] [^]
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Well, ATF seems to have a lot of guns[^]

Tideman is damn friendly[:)]

I've got a friend back east who looks like BBH.

DWS has intelligent wit; always the best of comebacks "Did you have sushi afterwards?"

M.C. for the amazing detail at his fingertips.

And a dozen or so people who take my beginner's questions seriously. You know who you are, because you answer my posts patiently. And back me up or put another down who is hassling me.

I'd have to review dozens of posts to get all the number-one names, but I'm here to unwind.

I'll post pics soon on the plumbing job I'm doing. You'll be glad you are not a plumber!

css_logo.gif