In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who do you most admire on G.B.?

Comments

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    well there is quite a few fr0g,rlsdown3,itgobang,outdoortexas,pabooger,whiteclouder,redrebel, and many more but your all good people[:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alphabetical order
    Capt. Kerk
    Iconoclast
    Mark Christian
    Nunn (for putting up with us)

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stanman for his constant articulate arguments against my beliefs in the Middle East. Hairy for his understanding of the world and the inability of others to even understand what he is saying. Iconoclast and Rembrandt because they are just really really good guys. Dances with Sheep because he is the most intelligent, articulate, obnoxious character I ever run into...Whiteclouder because of his wisdom and cutting wit.

Most of all Ronnie Robison in Arkansas who despite his painful disease has always presented an upbeat demeanor to all of us as he suffers in silence. Beach
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I admire you all.(No matter what they say about you.)[:D][:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many to list.[;)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This Allen Griggs guy is sharp as a tack, and a real firearms expert. He is also courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Way too many to list. I admire just about everyone here, in one way or another. There are truly some great folks here[:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That really is a tough one ... I can honestly say I consider everyone here a friend, and in some way worthy of admiration in one respect or another ... Thank you all for enriching my life!

The person I would most like to spend an afternoon at the range with would be Mark Christian ... for his knowledge/experience with military style firearms ... especially HK's

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey, its only fair, if youre gonna post a bias thread giving only praises to GB, they got to stomach the negative as well, to get a fair feel for whats going on in the firm. if you dont, its called bias or the 'i love me syndrome.'all you social psy majors will agree! so, post away and give GB something to impove to make them even better. now thats contructive feedback, not just mushy wushy stuff. my first input? 1) the 15 minute rule should go away. its good deal for dealers who get to squeeze the most out of bidders and forces buyers to have to pay out the nose with no chance of scoring a deal. folks, the net and techno auction sites must offer me a reason NOT to go to my local dealer and give him my businsss or else i will and save on s&h charges and transfer fees. and for the record, im not bashing GB, im making public facts that should effect ones image of this great site. see my new thread a respond there. thanks!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I don't like any of y'all, ya gotta stop spending so much time on the computer[:o)] I tend to respect most folks here, the ones I don't respect I tend to be pretty obvious about[;)] Gotta give "The Law" an honorable mention, it ain't easy playing Barney Fife around here[:o)][;)][:p]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    The Law deserves honorable mention in my book as well!

Who else can switch back and forth between several user names and only screwed up once! But I ain't tellin!![^]

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody who is not posting from in prison.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A very subjective topic . . . .

Without going into names, which risks leaving out some whom I admire but would forget to mention because of my CRS syndrome, I would assert in a general way that there are many I admire for their expertise, several for their intellect, a few for their humor, and well over 50% for being folks I wish lived next door because they are just plain good people - a distinct minority in today's world.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty partial to Eric Williams. I liked him better after he was killed.[:D][:D]

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Way too many names to even think about listing. I admire Mr. Nunn and Mr Christian for what they have to do, keep us straight, as well as their knowledge. I admire several of you that I have corresponded with vie e-mail, phone, and in person (all of you know who you are). I am not really going to list names for fear I would leave one out! And most of all I admire those that spell almost as bad as I![;)] I have had many questions answered on here, had many a good laugh and cry from posts on here, and I have most of all learned that even though I know it is a huge world out there, we are closer than we think many times.

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now see, what did I tell you? When you try to narrow it down, you realise you respect a lot more people than you thought at first. Good job!! B.B.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are many on here that I like. As to admire, that is a different beast. In no particular order and probably not everyone: Varmit Hunter for his courage and surprising good cheer in the face of tough going. Iconoclast and Mark Christian for their deep knowledge of their specialties and willingness to help and share. I don't believe Mark has ever had an unkind word to say about anyone. Bambihunter for a lot of computer help to a lot of folks. BigDaddyJr., Classic and Roses for their great generosity. Interstatepawn for his never ending surprises. Danceswithovines for his acerbic wit which hides a kind and generous heart (he also paid me[:o)]) Saxon for his successful matriculation in getting Piled Higer and Deeper. And Captn. Kirk and David Nunn. Without them we would not be half so good.

He Dog
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are many who I like, many who I don't care too much about. I don't like putting names to something like this but I would have to admire Punchie for putting up with my silliness, SWWBO for being so damn pretty and doing the same and hold on to your hats and grab on to something steady, WHITECLOUDER!!! For some very special reasons. Don't get your panties in a wad Clouder. I ain't gonna kiss ya! I am trying to call all those who are special to me and talk to them at least once before I shuffle off. Having trouble getting some phone numbers but I will find you!!

<P>
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    myself[}:)][8D]
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Agree with most every name that's been typed, and also that it's really hard to narrow it down. I just know that there's a bunch of you that share so much...and it goes way past good info on guns and such.

Laughter and tears, we really do share a lot of good "get it off the chest" stuff as well. Can't imagine not coming by here several times a day just to read, even if I don't post.

Have made some great friends, some we may never meet...but I'm tryin' to shake every hand I can. All good people!
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You people are great! I agree with the majority here that it can't be narrowed down, BUT, if I had to it would be Nunn for keeping us together and Pa Booger for having the courage to wear shorts with those legs!!....B.B.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with those who are saying that we have a pretty good bunch of folks posting on this board. [:D] I enjoy hearing from most everybody, and I guess those I don't want to hear from ... I just don't read. I think it is the subject that gets my interest up.

This GB could be one of the GREAT things about the USA.[:)]

Sure would have made my day if I'd found my name mentioned here. But that's OK, I'll hafta grow my own bouquet![:p]

Love y'al![:X]
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andersk

This GB could be one of the GREAT things about the USA.[:)]

And even outside the U.S. - we've got several great members from other countries...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    I admire virtually everyone here.

Those whom I frequently disagree with, because of their unreasonable but unwavering belief in the wrong side of an arguement.

Those whom I frequently agree with, because of their obviously superior intellect.

Of course, David Nunn.
    I've personally given HIM enough crap to warrant suspension from the forum.
    I can only assume he has a little squishy spot in his heart just for me.

But mostly, I admire those GBers who are past or present members of our U.S. armed forces. You all have made our lives better and I salute you for it. I hope God truly blesses each one of you!
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I really admire ALBERT LUM.

The way his racist ideas are softened by his "Jeopardy" parody!

Ha!
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    Highball

Plus 112 more...

Have to mention nunn for letting me back in here [;)]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And Mateo least of all.
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many characters here to do justice to all, but my faves include trfox, kingjoey, iconoclast, jamesrk, EMM (even if I agree with him about .03% of the time[:D][:p][;)]), OMD, Kyfatboy, bigdaddyjunior, and a host of others that are escaping me at the moment.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    And Mateo least of all.

[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    And Mateo least of all.

Should have known you'd side with ALBERTLUM!
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Well, look what the cat dragged in. [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jsergovic
    Well, look what the cat dragged in. [;)]

Speaking of which, how ya been jserg?

Still drinking coffee outta that mug ya sent me...
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I admire cutiegirl most of all....Im simple like that[:D]
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166

Better not let the new girlfriend know.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
    edited November -1

Shes a 39 year old man...
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kyplumber

Shes a 39 year old man...

Maybe that's the reason why.[;)]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    well ya all kinda cool in ya own way...diffrent ,is a understatment! for some ..
    a great bunch of folk..regards to all!

[;)]
    the lovers tiffs ,superb! [:D]