In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Survivalist86

124»

Comments

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Survivalist86, look at the bright side. You already had no credibility, so you didn't lose anything. This is the point where you cut your losses and register under a new user name. [;)]

You will eventually self destruct under any user name, but I'll give you a couple tips that will help you last a little longer.

Most of us will tolerate a few lies, but not the quantity and quality you've been dishing up. Keep them to generalities and when you get caught admit to the "joke".

When you are arguing with somebody who is obviously more knowledgeable than you are, and you catch yourself calling them names or implying they are ignorant because they demonstrated your ignorance, change the subject or crawfish out as quickly as possible.

Back to the lying thing. It seldom works to lie about what another member said.

Good luck with your new user name.

Ever see the movie Stripes? One of my favorite quotes was from Sgt Hulka......

Lighten Up Francis!!
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    Survivalist86, look at the bright side. You already had no credibility, so you didn't lose anything. This is the point where you cut your losses and register under a new user name. [;)]

You will eventually self destruct under any user name, but I'll give you a couple tips that will help you last a little longer.

Most of us will tolerate a few lies, but not the quantity and quality you've been dishing up. Keep them to generalities and when you get caught admit to the "joke".

When you are arguing with somebody who is obviously more knowledgeable than you are, and you catch yourself calling them names or implying they are ignorant because they demonstrated your ignorance, change the subject or crawfish out as quickly as possible.

Why the heck would I want to change my name? Been using here for a while and have no plan on changing it.

It is not my problem that some folks cannot tell the difference between a serious big ole whopper and someone trying to pass off a lie as truth. I will continue doing what I do. I enjoy story time when I can get folks to believe a good whopper. But you will notice....after I string along the special ed folks, I fess up to let em off the hook. Most folks just smack themselves in the forehead at the joke....some take it personal.

Zipperzap was you brother or are you really Zipperzap? Don
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

Why the heck would I want to change my name? Been using here for a while and have no plan on changing it.

It is not my problem that some folks cannot tell the difference between a serious big ole whopper and someone trying to pass off a lie as truth. I will continue doing what I do. I enjoy story time when I can get folks to believe a good whopper. But you will notice....after I string along the special ed folks, I fess up to let em off the hook. Most folks just smack themselves in the forehead at the joke....some take it personal.

Zipperzap was you brother or are you really Zipperzap? Don

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=707691

This is me...its been me since I started selling on Gun broker March of 2008. Prior to that I was an Ebay seller for 4 years under the same sign in. I quit FleaBay because of their anti-gun BS, and actually found Gunbroker online. Never sold or registered as a seller under any other name.

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=707691
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    Hasn't this run on long enough?
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I, for one, miss ol' Zipperzap![V]