In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Something to think about...

124»

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, fox. One more time...

"A Well-Regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a Free State, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be infringed."

The "Well-regulated Militia" spoken of here is a well-equipped, capable, and trained armed citizenry. This does not relate to hunting, trap-shooting, or plinking. This doesn't even mean concealed carry or self-defense. Most of those rights are illustrated in State Constitutions.

Being necessary (not optional) for the security of a Free State (against foreign AND domestic threats to life, liberty and property). This part tells us that a militia is created out of minute men, ones who grab their rifles and fight when the time is necessary.

So, that right of ours to keep and bear arms is infringed upon when someone says "What do you need something like that for?" and then bans it. I don't care what it is. This is America, damn it!! I wasn't aware that in this society, I should own something because I need it. If that is true, then everyone turn in their CD players, and TV's and video games, and books. We don't "need" them, so we won't have them.

Are you aware, fox, that not that long ago, we could purchase M-16's at the local hardware store, no questions asked?? There wasn't mass-killings at the local grocery stores and whatnot. Those things are the proponents of gun kontrol. NOTE: the more guns out there, the more fearful a criminal is. In a "gun-free" zone, it merely disarms victims, and therefore tells criminals where a target of opportunity is. Have you any idea what a criminal would do if he believed that everyone in a store was armed, do you think he'd rob it? Not unless he has a death wish.

The Constitution is clear. Any military weapon should be fair game to the militia, whether it is select-fire or single shot.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They say: "A Picture is worth a Thousand Words". I believe this statement to be true. But I have still to figure out how to download to the Forum >DUH<.

And to My Friend TR FOX: Somehow I must place the Complete Histroy of events pertaining to my situation on my own Web Page. (Worry not, the ATF are already aware of it).

This is an E-Mail to a close Friend of mine (The Chief Deputy Sheriff; Retired State Police), it is from his Cousin in Florida. The E-mail concerns This Gentelman (which had a Business passed down three Generations, not a Huge Business but a viable one.)

I can not got into detail at this time, because of the Sentencing is coming up, I do not want to jeopardize his situation any further.

"Dear Johnny:"

"This is my sentencing date. I do not know who is permitted to speak.
    If you are able to speak I might ask if you are available to come. Buddy should be there as well as Mom and my three Daughters; otherwise a letter of reference can be sent the judge care of my lawyer and I can give that to you.

The lawyer is out of town until next Monday. Besides they are doing their deep background check to see if I am the Donald Trump of export and that I didnot hide wealth everywhere. They assumed that I was motivated by sime uncontrolled greed. I guess they do the entire background thing to make sure I was not responsible for unsolve crimes out there where someone left their fingerprints from 30 years ago.

I find the reaction is about the same. They recoil at the idea of armed officers at the front door in the suburbs w/o a warrant.

They recoil at the idea agents are rewarded monetarily foor the fines they bring in. The agent stood on my front porch and bragged about more than $5 million he had seized in the past more than justifying his salary. This makes them Bounty Hunters. It rewards the most ruthless agents. It makes them want to find something even if trivial in nature.

They recoil at the idae DOJ attorneys make advancement based on them making their quota for the month. They recoil at the brutal fashion at the way they threatened me - surrender or die ultimatum. What kind of behavior is this rewarding?

I see they have the DOJ website where abuses can be reported. Once I get past sentencing I may explore this avenue.

Feel free to share this with your Congressional representive or any of the two Senators there in Kentucky.

I am o.k. at the moment but how long my current job willl last I do not know. I got in under the wire with my background check A+.

Now I have this felony thing. I am asking my lawyer if I can get this matter sealed. Once on the background check thing my chances of employment are cut by 2/3rds as I can never work for the government (1/3rd of the job market) and the other 1/3rd of the bigguys do indepth background checks.

Whether there is any hints you can give me to get around this let me know. I had my business cards made changing my name to ----. The Company name is posioned as is my Dun & Bradstreet recorded this event. I can not give ----
    as my previous employer. My dear father's legacy is tainted. Something is terribly wrong here and it looks like there is no way to fight back the abuse of federal power as you call it. I am 55 and need to work another decade or more somewhere. "
    . I can not

Best Regards ----"

This e-mail is verbatimwith the exception of names. The Gentleman has been advised to plead Guilty by his $25,000 Lawyer.
    His trial was held in Connecticut tho the infraction was supposed to have happen in Florida. His Guilt sprang from shipping requested Automotive Parts to an Foreign Importer whom he had delt with over the years. I fail to mention the parts as they are common and quite innocent. (and all the same Parts) Looks as if the Receiver was furnishing the Taliban some things and somehow these Parts got connected (tho innocent) to the Taliban supplier but had nothing to do with the Taliban need. (Guilt by Association no mater how indirect or inconsequential). He is looking at 5 years even with the suggested Plea of Guilty and has totally lost everything of Sentimental or Monetary Value. My experience is very near the same, except I did not take the Guilty Plea, and refused to sign papers stating "I nor my family would hold the ATF responsible in any way, today or in the future, that I totally absolved the ATF from any responsibility whatso ever." Like I told my appointed Lawyer: "I'll rot in hell first".

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Try this one on...seems like maybe it hits the mark....
    "It may be laid down as a primary position,and the basis of our system,that EVERY Cirizen who enjoys the protection of a free government,owes not only a proportion of his property,but even his personal services to the defence of it,and consequently that the Citizens of America(with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Yeras of age should be borne on the MILITIA ROLLS,PROVIDED with uniform arms,and so far accustomed the use of them,that the total strength of the country might be called forth at a short notice on any very interesting emergency....
    (George Washington)
    I want my machine gun......my auto rifle,doesn't seem that this says we could ONLY have hunting guns does iT?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OBSERVATIONS: Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge was not an isolated incident.

The Best way to insure that you are Guilty of a Criminal Act = By Being devoted to and adhering to the Constitution of These Untited States.

Our Governors cannot be trusted on any level, and have proven this fact on many occasion.

Liberals tend to be = Those which have become Wealthy within the System, Those receiveing a Government Check, Those which falsely believe they are Immune to Graft, Greed or Betrayel.

Actors are Just That = "ACTORS"! The majority serving little to no disipline for their Wealth and Status. Generally made up of People with More Problems than the Average Joe/Jane. Is it any wonder Hollywood and Government has Conspired for Years. Are not most Politicians "ACTORS"? "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"!

The Modern American Government = The More Crooked you are the better chance to be elevated within the System. "Good Guys Finish Last"

Most Americans; (Affluent as they are), Consider themselves "Highly Knowledgable", while worrying about who is in the Playoffs, if Michael Jackson really drinks Pepsi, Homosexual Rights, the Escalating Price of Cocaine, Where and Who provides the Cheapest Abortions, MTV, *, and Those Dangerous Radicals (gunowners). Instead of Justice, Liberty and Freedom and The Responsibility to Maintain all three, at risk of Life or Limb. Trash Breeds Trash - Liberals breed Liberals. "The Acorn falls not far from the tree".

"Truth is TRUTH" Just because you don't like it; does not make it any less Valuable or True. [:(!]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I don't know why I seem to find myself arguing against you guys. Because I believe and share with you so very much of what you have stated. But I never said the 2nd Amendment does not allow citizen ownership of machine guns. I am just saying that in the future there will be a citizen who legally owns guns and has no history of violence and he will go into his work place or some place similar and kill some people. And as has been shown in the recent past, he will very likely have a "death wish" as he will not plan on getting out alive. As I mentioned, when citizens get the freedom they deserve, there will be injury to others. This is unavoidable and does not apply just to gun ownership freedom. I just hope that guy who goes on his shooting rampage isn't able to get his hands on a machine gun because then his victims may number in the hundreds instead of a few. The first time that happens I think the undecided general public will demand that all guns be removed from the hands of citizens. Or at the very least it will push us very close to something like that.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Delta: I think I remember the details about your unfair situation which I believe was posted about a year ago or so.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TRFox: You know that I respect your opinion, it is just that I see things from a different Perspective. Question: Would a person or Group of people be less dead = whether Shot by a malcontent or Strafed by "Riot Control"? SEE: Stalin-Russia, Hitler-Poland, Napoleon-Everyone, Melosevic-Bosnia~Croatia, China-Chairman Mao. The list is endless! "Awww Bull, that can't happen here!" Anyone remember Kent State? Chigago Riots? How about the Peaceful March on the WTO Conference in Seattle? (just a couple years back).

The Founding Fathers were wrong? The Founding Fathers were ignorant? The Founding Fathers had little Understanding Of History or Humanitys Susceptibilites.

Then the Constitution, The Federalist Papers, The Bill of Rights, ALL wre conceived by the Most Ignorant of Men, which somehow condemned Future Generations to live under the Yoke of Freedom.

Wealthy, Affluent, Intellectual, Americans now; only by Luck did we arrive. "Freedom"~"We have had Freedom, we want "Security", let us now trade Freedom for Security. Our Leaders are not Greedy, ourLeaders are not Conniving, our Leaders are not Selfserving, our leaders are not Controlling, our leaders will not deceive us, our leaders are Trustworthy. Now is the time to petition them for "Security", Now; and quickly, before Our Leaders Become Corrupt.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Fox. You forgot to consider this. You may have a point about that machine gun theory, but it will only work if everyone else is disarmed. This can happen right now. There are a whole laundry list of places one cannot go into with a gun. People who ignore the law, a criminal, will shoot up targets of opportunity.

A criminal will generally not shoot armed people. They know that in an armed citizenry, they WILL get gunned down, whether they are wielding a .22 or a tommy gun. That means they will not get out of line, due to fear. One who does not understand this law of nature will succumb to it, and have a very short life expectancy.

This law of nature is illustrated in Revelations 13:10. "He that liveth by the sword shall die by the sword."

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And I must say Tr,by that theory that the authorities should be taking away our rights to drive etc.How many more die on the roads each year and this the result of someone getting hurt for a freedom...our right to drive,or "priveledge"dependin on how you look at it.I do not believe we are arguing with you,we have our opinions,we are just....debating those,it is a good healthy thingto do...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How about this TR: WE give up our Rights to Self Protection = All Politicos give up theirs. Including El President'e! Do you really think Dianne Feinstein will go for that? I know damn well "King George II" won't.

Looking forward to Monday Night? The Infamous Schumer(of Jew York), will be "Blowing Smoke" on 'NBC Nightly News" with Tom Brokaw. I assume Schumer will be Expounding his Usual Remedy for Dis-Arming America? (but as usual = will not mention his own Personal Security). Its the Typical Liberal Philosophy: "Hurrah for me and Fu-- You".

Another Great Movie coming out of Hollywood "Bad Boys II". Should expect a couple thousand Rounds fired - Complete with Full Automatic Weapons". We can expect all of the "Hollywood Typical" Black Quasi, Gang Bang Jargon, some Very Cool Catchy Phrases (replete with Vulgarity). And will Probably make 15 -20 million on opening day?
    Somehow: I do not believe these Producers feel any Responsibility toward Society (much less the Tribulations of which they directly attribute). AKA: "B" Movies with little or no Redeeming quality, lacking any of the Genius or the slightest Ability to Create. (simular to A Big Mac, 30 mins later, you forgot that you ate it, it decomposes and passes, leaving only the stench behind). I am sure the FCC, as well as the Actors Guild, not only could do much better and demand better from those around them or their asscociates? Accountabiity is pretty much Null & Void as is Talent. While they laugh all the way to the Bank!

Don't you get tired of Actors and Actresses advising the working class on how to conduct their lives? (especially when they haven't a clue, CrackHeads, Adulters, Psychological Misfits with Illusions of Grandeur). Martin Sheen! U R an Idiot and should be condemed to spend eternity handcuffed to Rosie O'Donell.

Schumer has his problems (no doubt) But from his Lack of Intelligence or Imagination, choses to force his Philosophy (or lack thereof) on a couple hundren million Americans that do not live in Jew York. Schumer! Sell your crap to Hillary Rodham (she said Bill did). [^]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ronnie......there is no hope.how can there be if we can't seem to figure how to handle the situation in general now? Good grief gun owners,cuttin each other down,insultin,screwin up the forum for all.Guess that I might as well close and be on my way,no one here wants to hear it.If these folks won't listen how can we expect anyone else to? Best to ya pal....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LONG: It has been my Philosophy for Many a Moon: "STICK TO YOUR GUNS". Never compromise "RIGHT"; There is no substitute. If you live to be a Thousand: You will stand Witness to Greed, Sloth, Avarice, Apathy, Cruelty, and Malice which will continue as long as Mankind Inhabits this Earth.

Bravery, Conviction, Honesty, Integrity, and Being Resolute are all taking a beating in these past few years. They have been quelled but not replaced totally. As the Pendulum swings, Wise and Knowledgable Men expect this, and like preparing for the Tidal Wave, board up the windows, fill the sand bags. The History of Men make predicting their tendency's as easy as Tracking a Deer through the snow. The Tracks are Clear and Distinct, (but only to those concerned enough to notice). It is not that these values will never return = Thousands, possibly Millons will have to die first.

The French paid a dear price for following the Corsican, as did the Germans which followed the Austrian. And I would think! "RIGHTLY SO".

History also states, without compunction: "The Power has been and always will be "THE PEOPLE". The power was never Hitlers, no more so than Napoleons. The Power was "The People that followed them", and they likewise felt the "Power of the People Opposing" them. Those wise men which founded our country, knew this, stated this and advocated this, then placed it into "LAW" calling it; "The Constitution of The United States".

Do not stiffle our Inalienable Rights to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Do not take away our Right of Self Determination. Do not make Criminals of those which once were Protectors of Your Liberty.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well,I found someone today that "in theory" seems to understand and wants to help....will have to check and watch em some....But I believe it was a bit incouraging....