In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This is really beginning to piss me off!!!!

ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
I realize we've been dealing with this for quite some time now and up until now I just kind of accepted it and rolled with it. I wouldn't really say accepted, but more or less didn't let it make me too angry. Now, I've gone over the top, I can't take this snit anymore. Last night before I went to bed I was thumbing through the "Shotgun News" and came across a story about the FN FiveseveN pistol. It sounded pretty cool so I decided to look it up on the internet and maybe buy one. My search sent me to "Impact Guns", I had no trouble finding the gun. What I would see would make my blood boil.

Right in front of my face, in living color was a reality check. This is a handgun with nothing "mean" looking about it. As I had read the article I knew there were some issues in Kalifornia and I tend to look past those simply because Kalifornia is a messed up place anyway. As I was skimming over the gun on the internet site, I began to see a particular word coming up pretty regularly; "Restricted"! I thought to myself, nah, this can't be. Yep, sure enough when I read the fine print most of the different style of 5 7 are restricet to "Law enforcement only". This really had me going then on the same page were listings for ammo. You got it, six different loads for the FN 5-7 and only ONE was available to, as they put it, "civilian legal". There was likewise only one FN FiveseveN model available as, "civilian legal". I was so pissed off at how the GG's have gotten away with this poop I felt like going postal.

I decided to calm down and go back to my magazine. I'm flipping through the pages still a little hot when I come across machine gun kits. Now I've seen and read these ads many times but never while in this state of mind. I suddenly realize that these gentlemans are taking a perfectly good weapon, more like a piece of art and history and the are torch cutting the receivers as to make them unworkable. When I really thought about the message in that, I lost it. It took my wife an hour to calm me down. I haven't been this angry in my entire life and I have been angry before let me tell yah. I picture these gentlemans with a blow torch smiling as they cut and I want to explode. Someone please explain this logic to me; there are 185,000 legal machine guns out there right now, what is the difference between my select-fire M16A1 and any of the weapons they are torch cutting. When they were manufactured. That is so stupid it defies all logic. How in God's name have they been allowed to do this.

Are we that stupid that we would just let them do this. Now I'm talking 1934, 1968, 1986 and the list goes on. I've had it. What are the gun lobbyists doing? Is anyone making an argument? If so, what kind of lame brain approach are they taking? This is a no brainer, you can't say that these are OK and those are not simply because of a date. Look they acknowledged the second amendment when they made the 1934 NFA. Just in making it, alone, that should have been shot down as argumentative and unconstitutional. The only reason we still have any of these bullsnit laws is because two people didn't show up to court in 1939. The prosecution was able to present, openly knowing, lies to the court to make his case knowing full well that this ruling could affect their precious NFA. They lied in the Supreme Court and there was nobody there to argue his statements so the courts had no choice but to rule in favor of the prosecution. Incidentally, the two men were never heard from again. NOW COME ON, DO YOU HAVE TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW THIS STINKS?

They killed those two guys to keep their precious NFA in force and get a ruling against the second amendment. Remember this was during a time when the government was taking our right to choice away concerning alcohol. Elliott Ness and otherts were passionate about getting guns out of the hands of citizens. They probably figured, if they could get all the guns from the citizens then they could slowly get the rest from the mob. Of course this plan sucked and failed. Something needs to be done and now! The NRA and others have got to be held accountable for their inaction. This is not a difficult legal case to present, they won't have it presented. They are as corrupt as the government. Hey, let's face it, those guys are making bank while hobknobbing with the Elites on our dime. NO MORE!!!!!!!!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Just a side note: Do you remember back in 2002 just after the beginning of the year they found a huge weapons stash here in Arizona? It made national news. The BATFE claimed that
the weapons belonged to a terrorist network. Bullsnit they did, they belonged to guys like us and man were they ready. Rocket launchers, grenades, M60's, thousands of rounds, anti-tank guns, claymore mines, night vision, .50BMG sniper rifles, dozens of full-auto M16A2's, and more. These guys were a direct threat to our governments ability to carry out their objectives and they used the Patriot Act to bust them. I sure would like to have had their stash. I believe I could find a use for it down the line.
There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Welcome to Amerika, Comengetit;
    Land of tyranny..inhabited by snivling cowards, too afraid to even give out with a rant such as yours.

You, friend, are rapidly advancing to my position. That position being simply...WE LIVE UNDER TYRANNY.

Step back...DEMAND from the slimy politicians a total gun ban. Let us see if there are enough men left in this emascalated land to restore freedom.
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Yup, once they passed the origional NFA it was all downhill from there.

edited November -1
    I want my rights and I want them yesterday! I want to snap the necks of those little sorry * High School wimps that got their * kicked back in school and now they've got little mans disease. I'm sick and tired of looking at guns I can't buy. You want to pay me a visit, bring it on candy * nipple lickers. You won't find snit and a local LEO in a high ranking alphabet org. is one of my best friends, try and plant something! I already took all of the steps he suggested to potect myself before I set off on this crusade, yes crusade. You're no different that the terrorist Muslims, you both want my freedom, well you can't have it. Want it...comengetit!

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to see the different reactions when people WAKE UP to what is going on. Of course these people that now have their eyes open, are all too often labeled "conspiracy theorists" and shunned, degraded, or ignored by the sheeple.

Now, armed with this information, what can be done about it? You already tried one avenue, which didn't receive much of a following, sad to say. [V]

P.S. Be warned, This forum is rated PG-13. Putting a couple of these ** in a "certain word" will be edited. Continued use will......well.......
    Please find another way to express yourself.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course you know how to eat an elephant? One bite at a time, with hot sauce. And that's how the gun laws in EVERY country have come to be- one bite at a time. I hear COMPROMISE- well, that means EACH side gives something- which is not happening. I hear REASONABLE efforts to control crime- criminals are not reasonable people. I hear COMMON SENSE- think Mark Twain said it was the most uncommon virtue in existence. I hear "Well, if it saved the life of just ONE child, wouldn't it be worth it?" And the answer is- NO- it wouldn't. More children (real children- not the 25 yr olds that the gun banners include in their stats) die from DROWNING than accidental gunshot wounds. By God- I am gonna start a campaign to regulate- and stamp out- private swimming pools. Create licensing for pool owners, have a waiting period (call it a warming up period) for buying new pools. Limit the pool to 10 gallons. And hey- its not like you NEED a pool, I mean, there are government pools, right? And I don't remember the Constitution saying the right of the people to swim shall not be infringed. By God, I'm gonna do it. Right after I go get a Jack and Coke......[8D]

Friends help you move. REAL friends help you move BODIES!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by pickenup
    I like to see the different reactions when people WAKE UP to what is going on. Of course these people that now have their eyes open, are all too often labeled "conspiracy theorists" and shunned, degraded, or ignored by the sheeple.

Now, armed with this information, what can be done about it? You already tried one avenue, which didn't receive much of a following, sad to say. [V]

P.S. Be warned, This forum is rated PG-13. Putting a couple of these ** in a "certain word" will be edited. Continued use will......well.......
    Please find another way to express yourself.

No problem on the method of expression, I was just on a roll. Funniest thing about this, is that I've been aware of it for a long time, last night it just hit me right between the eyes. The SHTF when I decided to purchase an FN FiveseveN and I couldn't buy the one I wanted. There is no reason for it except that somebody decided we can't have them. Oh, sure they have a twenty round magazine, so what my Glock has a 33 round mag. does that mean I can't have it either? Or is it because the gun is made too well? Whatever the reason, it ain't good enough. If it fired full auto I may not have gotten as excited, even though I should have.

As far as my last attempt to rally support for some kind of action, as I said before, the support is there, I really didn't have a solid plan and it sort of got away from me. If and when I approach them again, I will have a game plan before I seek support. I should have done that in the first place but I didn't want to waste my time. Seems as though I did anyway but I didn't. I learned quite a bit about those people that I will need to impress upon the urgency and seriousness of our cause. I really don't want to be forced into fighting to save my rights, but, if need be...

I usually won't resort to profanity to make my point so when I do people that know me know I am extremely pissed. I don't expect anyone here to know that so I shall do my best to refrain from such outbursts of profanity in the future.

We have got to get a plan together. jaflowers, highball, pickenup, WW, quikdraw, HVOF, and everyone else who has a stake in this(if you own a gun) please contribute your ideas. I will work on some sort of basic agenda and blueprint for success but I've got to have your input, there is one hell of alot more knowledge amongst all of you then I could possibly possess. We need to pull together and do something, anything. Even if all we're going to do is pressure the NRA to put their selfish, greedy agendas behind them and get it done.

I have no doubt in my mind that even a half-way decent attorney with any knowledge of guns and the second amendment could win this thing. The fact that Miller and his accomplice did not show up for their court date back in 1939 is a clear indication to me that there was tampering, especially since they were never heard from again. He had no money, wgere could he have gone in 1939? The court transcripts should still be in the archives if not published on the internet. Those transcript will reveal the lies tht were presented by the prosecution back in 1939. I can think of no person that could possibly stand on the decision if it can be proven that the facts presented in order to obtain such a judgement, were in fact lies concocted by the prosecution in order to gain a negative ruling on the second amendment. I have a question for all of you; What would the prosecution have presented at trial if Miller and his accomplice had shown up? He obviously could not have presented the case he did and I find it very difficult to believe that he would have had a contigency plan for just such an incident. There was no reson for him to believe that they wouldn't show up, or was there? All indications are that he knew they would not show up and the only way he could have known that is if whoever made them disappear told him they would not be there. Then you have the issue of time, if the prosecuter was to have time to put together his case, he would have had to know well in advance that they would not be attending their own trial. This being the case, I think the grounds for retrial are there as are new charges of conspiracy. I would love to turn this whole thing around and have an investigation opened up as to the disappearance of Miller and co.

One last comment, where was Miller's attorney? He should have been there regardless of whether Miller was there or not. So, where was he?

• Options
    edited November -1
    Comengetit;
    I cannot advance any ideas to help your program. I have been involved in this since 1968...perhaps 25 years ago there was a chance to do it thru peaceful means.

Today...the shear weight of the brain dead masses in this country ensure no redress thru the courts/legislatures/media...nor the highest office in the land.There is no outcry over a court finding that gun rights only apply to the government...and the garbage on top merely cheers at the finding...

There will be be a steady erosion of ALL rights...gun rights will vanish just as fast as the NRA and the Jack-boots can engineer it without open conflict.

The only hope I can see is to encourage the elites to pass laws faster then the fat, dumb, beer swilling 'citizens' can swallow. DEMAND that they pass gun bans...the more the better.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Comengetit;
    I cannot advance any ideas to help your program. I have been involved in this since 1968...perhaps 25 years ago there was a chance to do it thru peaceful means.

Today...the shear weight of the brain dead masses in this country ensure no redress thru the courts/legislatures/media...nor the highest office in the land.There is no outcry over a court finding that gun rights only apply to the government...and the garbage on top merely cheers at the finding...

There will be be a steady erosion of ALL rights...gun rights will vanish just as fast as the NRA and the Jack-boots can engineer it without open conflict.

The only hope I can see is to encourage the elites to pass laws faster then the fat, dumb, beer swilling 'citizens' can swallow. DEMAND that they pass gun bans...the more the better.

I'm still on your page highball, but I don't think the NRA should get off that easy. They've got to be made to make an effort and an effort to win not to just appear to bve doing something and settling for the give and take.

• Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally still like the idea of pushing a case all the way to the Supremes. If the decision goes for us, then we can roll back the anti-gun laws. If it goes against us....well, Highball just might get his revolution.

animated_usa_flag.gifanimated_rebel_flag.gif

Molon Labe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    While I agree with the thought of getting it over with NOW, one way or the other. I do not want my children, or their children, to inherit this. Consider the following......

Some have said that we should not bring this issue before the supreme court, because the sitting members of this court may not rule in our favor. There may be some merit in this. Keep in mind that there has been a "change of guard" lately. With the "new" members, comes the unknown. I would ask, what better time would there be, in the foreseeable future?

Others say we need "just the right case" for them to hear.
    A valid point.

As I see it, the major hurtle is still in the following quote from the Supreme Court Rules.

quote:PART III. JURISDICTION ON WRIT OF CERTIORARI

Rule 10.
    Considerations Governing Review on Certiorari

Review on a writ of certiorari is not a matter of right, but
    of judicial discretion.
    After spending countless legal hours, millions of dollars, over an extended period of time, etc. The court still does NOT have to hear a case. It is up to their discretion.
    They simply DO NOT HAVE TO.

Never-mind the LARGE portion of the sheeple, who through years (generations) of brainwashing, would want the decision to go against us. Do you really think that the supreme court would voluntarily take on a case that has the potential of wiping out 20-30-40,000 gun laws (however many there is) that are currently on the books? Knowing full well that people have spent their LIVES (or portions of it) in prison, sentenced under these very laws. The backlash would be unimaginable.

Comengetit,
    You ask for ideas from members here.
    I'm open to suggestions too.

• Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was searching the CA DOJ web-site upon reading this post of yours Comengetit. The FN 5.7x28 pistol is in fact 100% legal in CA(both the IOM and USG models); The only problem is that CA only allows 10 round max like those BS states on the east coast. While I would not put it past some of the anti-gun liberal dicXweeds to spue these lies; the FN pistol is in fact legal in the state of CA. I have posted the link to the "approved list of handguns" on the CA DOJ web-site. All you have to do is select the company/ make (fabrique national sp?) from the list, push search and it is on the last two entries on the "list".

If anyone tries to argue this point with you just direct them to this web-site or tak a print-out of it and it will shut them up.

http://justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf

As for the 10 round limit mags on the FN pistol; GB I saw a few days ago some guy had it, and today I saw that CDNN company of texas has some. You might want to check it out.

On a side note as I'm aware there are six types of ammo for the FN pistol; only two of which are illegal to posses. Those two types are the AP rounds and can not be obtained by civilians anyways. The other four are 100% legal unlike what those BS liberals are telling everyone.

Hope this has been helpful.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It has been very helpful, thank you. I am posting the link to where I got my info. It seems to me that if these are legal to own that the manufacturer may be a little upset to find this is going on.

Although you appear to be right and my information on the FN 57 was incorrect, it still doesn't change the fact that we are even discussing it and the machine gun issue, don't get me started again, I just calmed down from last night.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/fn_fiveseven.html

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=38660410

How discouraging is this page ^? Read the fine print on the IOM and did you notice there is only one ammo we can buy listed?

I think I'm going to buy the IOM off of GB and get as much of that ammo I can't have. Why, because they said I can't have it.[:(!][B)][:(]

• Options
    edited November -1
    C & P:

U.S. Department of Justice

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,

Firearms and Explosives

Washington, DC 20226

CHANGES IN FEDERAL LAW AS OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2004

RELATING TO SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS (SAWs)

AND LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES (LCAFDs)

GENERAL

As of September 13, 2004, the provisions of Public Law 103-322, the Violent Crime Control and
    Law Enforcement Act of 1994, covering semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity
    ammunition feeding devices are no longer in effect. The regulations implementing these
    provisions also are no longer in effect.

Specifically, there is no longer a Federal prohibition on the manufacture, transfer, and possession
    of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

There are no longer any marking requirements for semiautomatic assault weapons and large
    capacity ammunition feeding devices. Existing markings on firearms and magazines relating to
    law enforcement or government use may be disregarded.

There is no longer any Federal requirement for Federal firearms licensees to obtain certain
    documentation before transferring semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity
    ammunition feeding devices to government agencies or law enforcement officers. However,
    any records obtained prior to September 13, 1994, pertaining to the sale or transfer of
    semiautomatic assault weapons must still be retained for a period of 5 years. See 27 CFR ?
    478.129(f). Moreover, records of importation and manufacture must be maintained permanently
    and licensees must maintain all other acquisition and disposition records for 20 years.

Licensees who provided letters of future intent to sell semiautomatic assault weapons and large
    capacity ammunition feeding devices to law enforcement agencies and other qualified customers
    are no longer obligated to comply with such letters.

Anyone who illegally possessed, manufactured, or transferred semiautomatic assault weapons or
    large capacity ammunition feeding devices before the bans sunset still have violated the law
    since their possession, manufacture, or transfer was illegal at the time.
    IMPORTATION

The prohibition on the importation of non-sporting firearms under 18 U.S.C. section 922(l) and
    925(d)(3) still applies.

Importation of large capacity ammunition feeding devices still is covered under the Arms Export
    Control Act. Therefore an approved permit still is required to import large capacity magazines.
    Temporary importation of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity magazines is now
    lawful under the provisions of 27 CFR ? 478.115(d) because temporary importations are not
    subject to the sporting purpose test.

Any importer who has a valid approved Form 6 import permit with a restriction related to the
    assault weapon ban should comply with the restriction because the weapons most likely are nonsporting.
    Any importer who has a valid approved Form 6 import permit with a restriction related to large
    capacity ammunition feeding devices may disregard the restriction. Importers may apply for a
    new permit if they prefer.

ASSEMBLY OF NON-SPORTING SHOTGUNS AND SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES

FROM IMPORTED PARTS

The prohibition on assembly of non-sporting shotguns and semiautomatic rifles from imported
    parts as provided under 18 U.S.C. ? 922(r) and 27 CFR ? 478.39 still applies.

SENTENCING ENHANCEMENTS

The sentencing enhancements for using semiautomatic assault weapons in a crime of violence or
    drug trafficking crime no longer are in effect. Similarly, the sentencing enhancements for
    semiautomatic assault weapons in the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines no longer are in effect.

LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS AND POLICE DEPARTMENTS

Law enforcement officers and police departments who obtained semiautomatic assault weapons
    are no longer required to use such firearms only for official use.
    Law enforcement officers and police departments may now sell or transfer semiautomatic assault
    weapons to persons who are not prohibited from receiving firearms.
    Law enforcement officers and police departments may now sell or transfer large capacity
    ammunition feeding devices to anybody.

Signed statements that semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding
    devices will be used for official use are no longer required to be provided to Federal firearms
    licensees.

RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

Federal law does not prohibit retiring law enforcement officers from keeping semiautomatic
    assault weapons or large capacity ammunition feeding devices.
    Former law enforcement officers who received semiautomatic assault weapons on retirement
    may now transfer those firearms to persons who are not prohibited from receiving firearms.
    Transfer of large capacity ammunition feeding devices is no longer restricted.

NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT

All provisions of the National Firearms Act relating to registration and transfer of machineguns,
    short barreled rifles, weapons made from rifles, short barreled shotguns, weapons made from
    shotguns, any other weapons as defined in Title 26 U.S.C. section 5845(e), silencers, and
    destructive devices still apply.

Registered silencers can now be attached to semiautomatic rifles and pistols without creating a
    prohibited semiautomatic assault weapon.
    USAS-12 and Striker12/Streetsweeper shotguns are still classified as destructive devices under
    ATF Rulings 94-1 and 94-2 and must be possessed and transferred in accordance with the NFA.

EFFECT ON STATE LAW

Expiration of the Federal law will not change any provisions of State law or local ordinances.
    Questions concerning State assault weapons restrictions should be referred to State and local
    authorities.

quote:Do you really think that the supreme court would voluntarily take on a case that has the potential of wiping out 20-30-40,000 gun laws (however many there is) that are currently on the books? Knowing full well that people have spent their LIVES (or portions of it) in prison, sentenced under these very laws. The backlash would be unimaginable.

As you can see they managed to rescind this law and still maintain their prisoners, I suspect it would work the same way.

• Options
    warriorsfanwarriorsfan Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What exactly is the difference between the FiveseveN tactical IOM and the USG? And are the IOMs for auction on gunbroker the same kind that are for LEOs only via Impact Guns, or are they different?

27153476_f85b49af2f_m.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quikdraw67
    comengetit -

I will support you in the cause any way I can, but I think Highball has it right in the line of 95 percent of the
    "sheeple" are just that, they don't care one way or the other about ANY of their rights, let alone gun rights in which we speak.
    As long as Oprah, WWF, internet porn, soap operas, and cheap beer are readily available, and these "sheeple" maintain whatever standard of exisitance (I will not say living, because they are not in my book) they now have, dynamite would not blast them out of their trance.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Thanks for the support, what if the sheeple were shown the truth and what it really means to them and their freedoms? If I were to tell someone that they were already a slave and have been for 63 years, and proved it to them, would they then listen? I think the whole enchilada needs to be presented in a format that they understand...a movie. It will work if done right, remember how pissed you were at the end of The Raiders of the Lost Ark when they showed the government warehouse full of artifacts that will never be on display. If you can turn it into an entertaining Doomsday Film, it will work.

This I will fly until JOEY returns!
    a1a1a1.gifa2a2a2.gifisrraeliflag.gif

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gif[/IMG]culpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WW, Hightop, pickenup, ja, et al, how would you get your point across if you were to put into a context that would keep the attention of your listener?

Quikdraw- you've got casting. You'll kind of have to know what the story line will be.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gif[/IMG]culpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's some ideas:

In his dying days, Ben Franklin builds a time machine and a group of Founding Fathers are transported into the present day. They are utterly saddened and disappointed by what America has become. They are immediately arrested for some minor violation (maybe one is carrying a loaded black powder pistol on his belt in the middle of Philadelphia!), except for one of them is able to get away. He somehow encounters a modern group of Patriots (maybe wanders into a John Birch office or something), and they take him in and believe his story. The small band of modern patriots then begin to formulate a plan to spring the others.

Meanwhile, after questioning, Fedgov agents are notified about the other group of Founding Fathers that are in custody because they have "terrorist" ideals. You can see where that is going.

Anyway, the point is for the modern Patriots to free the Founding Fathers so they can get back to their time, all along the Founding Fathers are pointing out all of the problems they see with our country and how "this is not how it was meant to be."

What do you think?

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That Ben Franklin time machine thing sounds very familiar[;)]

I think it is a start, how can we improve upon this idea?

Think entertainment, you have to grab 'em and hold 'em.

• Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Wait 'til he realizes they passed a law a year or so ago that makes it illegal to possess a shotgun and a birdbomb.

Destructive Device....requires a $5 permit and a bunch of bullchet.

They are going after people with 37mm launchers on their rifles now.

No more flash bang fire works to scare the crows away.

Wounded wolf, you have a good idea for a best seller book. Go with it.

www.givemeliberty.org
    square-med-atf.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like the movie idea, and I am NOT making light of this, but you have to have at least a couple of drop-dead gorgeous, half naked women in this movie.

Maybe a quick trip into "our" future, by our time travelers, to show what it could be like, IF things don't change.

The Blair Witch Project (thanks Comengetit) was a fairly LOW budget film. Made NATIONAL NEWS and millions of $$$, to be used to further "educate" the pubic. (sheeple, just for you Dave [;)])
    Hmmmm......

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Red223
    Wait 'til he realizes they passed a law a year or so ago that makes it illegal to possess a shotgun and a birdbomb.

Destructive Device....requires a $5 permit and a bunch of bullchet.

They are going after people with 37mm launchers on their rifles now.

No more flash bang fire works to scare the crows away.

Wounded wolf, you have a good idea for a best seller book. Go with it.
    www.givemeliberty.org
    square-med-atf.gif

LOL! Go get'em WW[;)], Let me know how it turns out.[:D][:p][;)][:o)]
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=168085

• Options
    ChewbacaChewbaca Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, the DD stamp is $200, the AOW stamp is $5

th_israelC3.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Maybe a quick trip into "our" future, by our time travelers, to show what it could be like, IF things don't change.

Sounds like a good sequel... Maybe in the last scene of the first film/book, our group of Founding Fathers and Modern Patriots are being pursued by BATFE thugs as they try to reach Ben Franklin's time machine. They hastily set the machine to travel 220 years back to the past and decide to take the Modern Patriots with them (maybe hoping they can formulate a plan to reinsert them somewhere into the timeline to avoid our present tyranny). Anyway, they set the machine a little TOO hastily and accidentally travel 220 years into the FUTURE!

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beware! The Libs are also on the move with this "activist movie" idea:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051020/en_usatoday/moviessoundacalltoaction

quote:Good Night, and Good Luck, in theaters, is George Clooney's McCarthyism drama about the media's power to expose government abuse of power. It also has a tie-in at participate.net; users are invited to report stories from their area that the media have ignored.

Emmanuel's Gift, in select theaters Friday, is a documentary narrated by Oprah Winfrey about a Ghanaian man with a withered leg who rides a bicycle across his country to change attitudes about disability. The movie website directs users to donate to the Challenged Athlete's Foundation, www.challengedathletes.org.

After Innocence, a documentary opening in New York Friday, features people wrongly convicted of crimes. The movie invites viewers to join campaigns to support the exonerated through www.activevoice.net.

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, here we go. First I think you are both right. We start it off in the year 2005 everything is going just fine and then the wheels fall off. We give them a very brief taste of what life is like and then BOOM jump back to 1903 and the assassination of President McKinley. Theodore Roosevelt becomes President and we find out that the death of McKinley is because of a secret society that he wouldn't play ball with, so Roosevelt wants to be president so bad he and the secret society are in agreement that he will be a puppet of sorts and get their agenda through the house and senate spend a little time in 1903-1917 or whenever the First World War began tie it into the secret society and BOOM 2105, and all hell has broken loose it's like escape from New York. Only they don't have guns and they have been left by the government to fend for themselves. Other countries regularly send over people to pick up slaves and take them back. A real harsh sense of reality to wake them up. Then BOOM prohibition and 1933 congressional acts, tie another president into this and show how the secret society threatens all incoming presidents and all of the sudden they realize they are nothing more than na figure head to pas along the agenda, we give it code name "Deep Sleep". The president has weekly meetings with the secret society and they tell him what he IS going to do next. Of course all must be factual in a historical sense. We take the audience all the way up to Kennedy's assassination and it comes off just like McKinley's. Tying those two together. Bobby gets assassinated because he is going to blows the whistle on the secret society. BOOM 2005 now they can see where we're going with this. We take all of our theories and use them to scare the hell out of the audience and give them a dose of reality they watch as the plan unfolds right before their eyes then BOOM 2015, End the film here with no hope and total dispare. Then just when they think the whole thing is over, we have our actor in an interview telling America how it is all real and to wake up before it's too late and where they should start back to the USA 2015 no sound just flashing pictures of happy smiling faces of children playing in 2005 then the same location in 2015 the swingset is half eaten away there are bones in the play yard a skull and a lone wino on the bench as the camera comes around to his face he is dead and has been for 20 years. end film. Title "Deep Sleep"

Joey Has Been Freed!

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee, fellas- I'm sorry, but your idea has been done. Prohibition of firearms? Jackbooted characters kicking in your door, and disarming the population? Take your pick- California, New Jersey, DC, Waco, Ruby Ridge, or N'Orleans. Turn up the heat a little at a time- the lobster will not notice it.

"I have good news and bad. Make it through, you don't have to prove anything to anyone the rest of your life. Bad news- you have to prove it to me first." CSM, US Army Ranger School.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    11b6r,
    "WE" know it's been done. The purpose here is to wake "OTHERS" up to that fact. [;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Innocents Betrayed $29.95 postpaid, VHS or DVD. Award-winning documentary showing the link between genocide and gun control! Visit the Innocents Betrayed website, http://www.innocentsbetrayed.com/index2.htm

Please take a look at this site. A lot of work done already...and trying to get the brain dead to watch is nearly impossible.Interfers with their preceptions of "all is well"...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The trick is for them not to know your trying to educate them until the end of the movie where we might somehow blame the whole thing on gun control, maybe like the old wino is lying on a flyer that was against gun control and you pan into it as the last shot. Important thing is they don't know they've been educated until they are forced to think about it. Their mind won't let them just walk away. If there is a clear message under the veil of a thrilling movie, they will unconsciously get it.

I just had an epiphany, how powerful would it be if we were able to FLIP one of the gun grabbing HOLLYWOOD personalities to our side and then used them as our spokesperson? Say...someone like...Rosie O'donnell! or Rabbi Alexander M. Schindler. OK, the latter is a pathetic joke. Look at the Rabbi's last name, oh please, they're going to tell us that he wasn't "recruited". Yeah, right. Paul Newman or Michael Gross or Michael Douglas. It HAS to be someone we FLIPPED. Could work[?]

I just read the entire site innocentsbetrayed.com. I'm going to buy a copy of the documentary. Highball says see it, I'll see it. I talked to a good buddy of mine the other day about all the dirt you guys have helped me to discover, he jokingly said "your not going to be one of those Ruby Ridge Whackos are you?" First thing that popped into my mind was the spelling of Whacko (Waco) and how ironic it was of him to put the in the same sentence unknowingly. Then it dawned on me, what message had he gotten from the Ruby Ridge murders? So, I asked him. He said that they were "a group of fanatical freaks that were training to overthrow the goverment, all 12 of them. They got killed in a shootout with the FBI." I said what if I told you a different version? He said, "I'm listening." An hour and a half later we had ourselves another pro-gunner. They can be flipped, my buddy is as thick skulled as they come, but he has turned. We went and bought his first gun this afternoon, a Glock 17 and two 33 round mags. Next up...AR-15, he now loves mine.

Joey Has Been Freed!

• Options
    edited November -1
    comengetit -

it would have to be understandable, I don't know about the jumpimg around timewise.
    It's a good premise. I'm no Stanley Kubrick, but together we can DO this!!!

Again, I would like to say what a refreshing change this is from the Sandbox (politics forum)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

I've got it visualized I just can't put it to paper yet. Some kind of blocking going on. I didn't do a very good job of explaining because we don't want to give it away just yet. No, I just don't know how to explain what I'm visualizing. Think a cross between H.G. Wells "a Time Machine" and "Escape From New York" and "Road Warrior" and "Back to the Future"and "Schindler's List" all wrapped into one and get "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" out of your mind[:D][:D][:D]

Joey Has Been Freed!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was thinking along the lines of National Treasure, Minority Report, and Highlander.

Time Machine is a good one too, the original movie, not the latest redux.

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

• Options
    edited November -1
    I think we have to be original and by combining several cocepts into one I think will do it. Loved "National Treasure" might work as well. I'm just throwing ideas out there maybe it will hit home and you'll think of something brilliant. I don't think we should use a time machine though, overdone. Quikdraw "Pulp Fiction" jumped around way too much, yeah, I wasn't thinking along those lines more like maybe 5 date changes throughout the whole movie. I'm more concerned with funding than I am us being able to make a kick * movie.

And then the big question is do we do this in documentary genre or go for it all with a suspense thriller on the Big Screen? You know where my vote goes.

I volunteer to be in charge of Concept & Conceptual Design
    Quikdraw? Didn't you want to do casting?
    We need a treasurer or Comptroller (someone to write the checks and keep the books)
    We also need Fund Acquisitions (someone to beg, go to pro gun companies and tell them our story. We're gonna need money. Maybe people from GB can be extras in the film)
    And Board Members besides ourselves for a total of 11. (no tie votes)
    Secretary (someone to put all of this in writing, everything except script)
    Script Writer (after the concept is hatched, someone to put it all into script form)
    Chairman of the Board

Right now I think those who have said they were in are:
    pickenup
    Highball
    jaflowers
    Quikdraw
    comengetit
    Wounded Wolf, AKA; WW
    and a couple of others- Who are you? We need 5 more people to make up the Companies Board. They need to be able to fill a vacancy on above responsibilities list.
    I'm sure I left some tasking off here, so help me out.
    If you would like to keep your ideas confidential, email them to me and we will discuss that way. Once that discussion is over the result will be shared with the rest.

Joey Has Been Freed!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'll look forward to it. I'm not the organizer, just the suggester.[:o)]

Think about where we need key people to be. And we'll all need to work on a story line.

• Options
    edited November -1
    We oughta get Tom Selleck and Chuck Heston. Maybe they can play the same character in different stages of his life.

Chuck Heston can be the bum at the end, sleeping on the newspaper with the dramatic headline. He's gotta have a catch phrase too, like "YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!" or "GUN LOCKS ARE MADE FROM PEOPLE!!!"

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

• Options
    edited November -1
    WW - Good one[:D]

I'm afraid ol' Chuck isn't going to be doing much acting anymore, Alzheimers is a nasty disease[V]

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_reblogo.gif
    Scoundrel
    ar_captain.gif

Bear1_sm_dk.gif We can blame that on the gun grabbers too.[:D]

WW- [:D]

• Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just read all the prior posts. Some good ideas flowing. Movie YES. The way this country has been dumbed down in the last 30 years is unfathomable to me. Approach the NRA, SCI and other hunting organizations (as well as Gun Manufacturers) for funding and support. They are already connected with video production equipment, personalities and producers and most importantly THE Pro-Gun people needed for this project in HOLYwood, D.C. and Networks (Fox is probably the only one) willing to support/air the project. Face it, this new show "Commander In Chief" is nothing but a Democratic cheap shot by HOLYwood to further their agenda and set up Hillary for the Next Presidential Election. A weekly series, about the anti's and their antics might work as well. If they can do it WHY CANN'T WE??? What you have to do is make it exciting, interesting and appealing to the Ignorant. (Not to serious and some Humor). I LIKE the time machine thing (has that "Starman" appeal to me) good for a movie. When you work a series deal, address the local (idiotic) laws being passed in some states, with no anti opposition as well as the laws passed in places like Florida getting all the anti's up in arms (Pun intended). An immediate assault can be launched on the internet immediately. Someone like Comengetit could draft an e-mail (nothing radical but based in FACT) and send it. It is possible that the entire country would be exposed to it within a week.

If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Not as powerful as a good movie or TV series but face it, much cheaper and alot faster at exposing the message. It will get some peoples attention immediately if well done. I'd be proud to pass it on to my contacts.

Work on your scripts and let me know how things turn out.

"My right to keep and bear arms is being dictated by a leaderhip unencumbered by knowledge or experience". (WWB)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well hello there Quikdrawspop glad you posted. I agree that a movie has to grab and hold the audience, that's why it's so important for the script to be a slam dunk. I want these people on the edge of their seats at times in the movie and very pissed off in the end. I mean very pissed off. I think this can be accomplished but it is going to take a concerted effort from several different members and maybe even a professional screen writer. Whatever it takes, the iron is hot right now "Remember, New Orleans" We will adopt that from the NRA and probably make that scene a major chunk of our movie. I can visualize this whole thing from start to finish, when I start to write it down I go blank so I'm writing it a little at a time. Thanks again for the post and any contacts you may be able to bring to bear (pun also intended) would be greatly appreciated.

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_rebspin.gif
    Naboo Sniper
    o3.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    ACTUALLY I am quikdraw72's pop and took this handle when I got my computer in April. No offense intended but,if you cann't get over it we could always meet at the OK Corral and settle it. Just kidding. But, you will have to get over it. You wouldn't believe how many quikdraws are out there so your not that special. I am just proud of 72 and was unaware there were so many of you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Comengetit--
    Thank you for the welcome aboard and good luck with the project. While reading posts today I cut and pasted the Brazil election result and sent it into cyberspace. Have you considered the internet email route to expand exposure??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quikdrawspop,
    Who is quikdraw72?

Well anyway, welcome to the Gun Rights forum.