In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This is really beginning to piss me off!!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really don't understand how anyperson would ever want to be an revuner. DO these people get off on smashing through people's door's, stomping on people rights, or what. How could any decent person wake up one day and say gosh I think i want to be amember of the proud eliete batfags. It's no one else's damn business wether old boy's want to collect and shoot guns, or make quality corn whiskey.[}:)]

parabellem
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KYfatboy
    I really don't understand how anyperson would ever want to be an revuner. DO these people get off on smashing through people's door's, stomping on people rights, or what. How could any decent person wake up one day and say gosh I think i want to be amember of the proud eliete batfags. It's no one else's damn business wether old boy's want to collect and shoot guns, or make quality corn whiskey.[}:)]

parabellem

Yes, in the short. They do get off on the power, you've got to remember who these * are. Remember the dweebs back in high school, the ones in the ROTC or the science club or chess club? We used to smack them around a little, nothing much just picking on them. Well these are the product of that. Take away that badge and gun and you got scared little boys in a uniform, those that have uniforms. Put them in a group of like geeks and you get teh Gestapo. Watch how they squeel like little girls when the time comes for them to depart this planet. You wanna know how I know for sure our rights are gone? Because making these statements makes me very nervous. That should not be. There was a time when you could say whatever you wanted and no fear of recourse. They say when the first amendment is swallowed up by the elites, it will be nearly too late. If I'm nervous about critisizing our government, we no longer have the protection of the first amendment. They had to get this one to keep us from organizing. We'll organize anyway but they will not have to worry about public rallies for support. They'll just call us terrorist and that will be it, we'll just disappear.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Conengetit;
    Now you have arrived.
    Realizing that the mere act of calling the JBT's EXACTLY what they are...is enough to trigger retribution..is a step from which there is no turning back.
    The thought process will never be the same.

They may not come for you..yet..but the power to do so is merely a formality away.

I spoke to a police officer pulling guard duty at the Tulsa gun show a year ago. He was a little giddy..had workek his shift and went to the show for an all nighter.
    The conversation came around to him pulling a gun and shooting a somebody at the show....He was dead serious insisting that he could do so and only have to 'lie just a little'..and he would go scot free, back to duty after the inquery....this is an attitude that I believe to be prevasive throughout the police and JBT forces.
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pickenup

H.R.246
    Latest Major Action: 3/2/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

H.R.654
    Related Bills: S.935
    Latest Major Action: 3/2/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

H.R.711
    Latest Major Action: 3/2/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law.

H.R.1136
    Related Bills: S.527
    Latest Major Action: 5/10/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

H.R.1168
    Latest Major Action: 5/10/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security
    H.R.1225
    Related Bills: S.578
    Latest Major Action: 3/10/2005 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

H.R.1312
    Latest Major Action: 4/4/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

H.R.2217
    Latest Major Action: 5/23/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection.

H.R.1423
    Related Bills: S.683
    Latest Major Action: 5/10/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

H.R.47

H.R.947
    Related Bills: S.1584, S.1598
    Latest Major Action: 2/17/2005 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.

H.R.1146
    Latest Major Action: 3/8/2005 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on International Relations.

H.R.1288
    Related Bills: S.1082
    Latest Major Action: 3/14/2005 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Government Reform.

H.R.1243

H.R.1384
    Latest Major Action: 4/4/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

H.R.1703
    Latest Major Action: 4/19/2005 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on Ways and Means, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

S.1082
    Title: A bill to restore Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia.
    Sponsor: Sen Hutchison, Kay Bailey [TX] (introduced 5/19/2005) Cosponsors (35)
    Related Bills: H.R.1288
    Latest Major Action: 6/9/2005 Referred to Senate subcommittee. Status: Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs referred to Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management, the Federal Workforce, and the District of Columbia.

For future reference you can check the status of any bill with the following web site.

THOMAS -- US Congress on the Internet
    An official source of United States Federal Legislative information.
    thomas.loc.gov/ - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It would appear by this exerpt from an Associated Press story that we don't need a "case" to challenge the constitutionality of a law or laws.

Supreme Court to Hear Tribunals Challenge

By GINA HOLLAND
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court agreed Monday to review a constitutional challenge to the Bush administration's military trials for foreign terror suspects, stepping into a high-stakes test of the president's wartime powers.

The court's intervention is troubling news for the White House, which has been battered by criticism of its treatment of detainees and was rebuked by the high court last year for holding enemy combatants in legal limbo.

The justices will decide if President Bush overstepped his authority with plans for a military trial for Osama bin Laden's former driver, who is being held at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. It would be the first such trial since World War II.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is such a long posting that I had actually avoided reading it. I'm glad it was a slow night at work. Took the time to read several of the links to articles that you all had posted. For the most part my views on the governmant and its hostile takeover of our country were affirmed by all the included info. I never knew or researched it but was spot on in my assumptions. Thanks to all of you for providing all of the links. I have noticed in the last two months that more and more new names are appearing in the Gun Rights forum and am happy to see it. For a time it was just a few of us. Highball, maybe that 3% figure you've come up with is growing ever so slowly in our favor. Keep the faith!!![:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sad to say..we who carry the coals cannot light NEAR as many fires as the beast can with his foul breath.

Decisions such as the recent supreme court abortion dealing with loss of personal property...THAT is what swings people over to the 'Patriot' column.

REAL Patriots, mind you..not the 'Patriot Act' kind.What a slimy bit of decption that thing is.....
  • Options
    CommissarRobCommissarRob Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whenever I see parts kits for sale I gat pissed, expecialy when they are somthing special, like MG-42's,34's and Suomis. Thay are destroying history in my view. I hate the government, I used to be all pro government but then I started to see the truth, now after about 3 days on these forums my faith in ther US governemt has completely shattered. This forum is the best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't mean to lecture here....
    But hate is a destructive emotion..it consumes the hater...and generally leaves the hated unscathed.

We must attempt to understand these venal, weak little men..so as to guard against those same characteristics infusing one's OWN soul.

Hate will cause one to do stupid things..and the only hope we have is to limit stupidity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd have to agree, I threw the "H" word around in an earlier post and wished I hadn't and this is precisely the reason why. Hate is a dangerous emotion causing heartache and pain, but more importantly, it is distracting. CR- I'm sure when you used the word you used it in the same context as I had earlier. That being a manner in which the word was more of a generalized emotion than an acurate depiction of my true feelings. I dislike the government very much, this is true, but hate? No, I don't really "hate" anything or anyone save maybe okra.

Highball is absolutely right when he says that hate ends up destroying the hater. Have you ever played...say basketball against someone who is just plain better than you are? I you are anywhere near as competitive as I, you will not care much for him when you play, in fact, you may even feel the "hate" emotion come into play. In this case you will make stupid mistakes, kick the ball around and get beat worse than if you had no emotion at all. It's all about channelling that energy and putting it to good use, hate drains the life right out of you. OK, enough preaching by me...sorry about that...did someone hear the pot calling the kettle black?

• Options
    edited November -1
    Civil Disobedience By Henry David Thoreau
    It's one hell of a read, you must click on the light bulbs and folders.

http://www.vcu.edu/engweb/transcendentalism/authors/thoreau/civil/