In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Very over weight Folks who use Elect Carts

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Is there a service that goes out and gets them if their cart breaks down.

Saw a Gal She was huge 400-500 Lbs. Her cart Died. She was out with a kid he went maybe 125 Lbs. He was trying to push her.

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    Is there a service that goes out and gets them if their cart breaks down.

Hopefully not.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She broke down in a Cross walk. Lucky for me She did not block my path.

I had just came from the Gym ain't no way I could push that.

Feel for whoever had to get her. Around here you see a lot of them on the Bike/Running paths. Riding these crappy little cart. Looks something like the one called "Hover round". Those things should have a Weight limit.

We do have some other Paralized folks who also use the Path. Now their carts you had better watch out cause they will run you over. They move right on out.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Is there a service that goes out and gets them if their cart breaks down.Sounds like a BeneSug to me! [:0]

I'm sure if some government surveillance group is reading this forum we'll see this as part of the next major healthcare initiative out of Washington! [xx(]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Around here you see a lot of them on the Bike/Running paths. Riding these crappy little cart.
    Maybe that's what they consider excercise? [:0]
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    Around here you see a lot of them on the Bike/Running paths.

Here they just ride down the middle of the street.....
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    suck her and the cart up on a flat bed[:0]
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a wheelchair quite a bit. If you fellas were stuck in one for whatever the reason this may not sound so humorus.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    I use a wheelchair quite a bit. If you fellas were stuck in one for whatever the reason this may not sound so humorus.

I think he may be referring to folks who are just plain fat and lazy...too damn lazy to do anything about their condition...which of course only complicates things further. I have little sympathy for these folks. I have very sincere sympathy for folks who actually are stuck in a chair for reasons they cannot control.
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

I think he may be referring to folks who are just plain fat and lazy...too damn lazy to do anything about their condition...which of course only complicates things further. I have little sympathy for these folks. I have very sincere sympathy for folks who actually are stuck in a chair for reasons they cannot control.

I dont know how to tell the difference between a fat and lazy person and the rest of the folks who have "real" problems. Plus have you ever seen an x-ray of a fat persons knees, hips or ankles? Most fat fellas (myself included) have been fat so long the joints are just worn out due to stress. The pain is just as real.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

I dont know how to tell the difference between a fat and lazy person and the rest of the folks who have "real" problems. Plus have you ever seen an x-ray of a fat persons knees, hips or ankles? Most fat fellas (myself included) have been fat so long the joints are just worn out due to stress. The pain is just as real.

Yes...but you have a very real reason for the condition you are in...and would obviously not fall into the category I am speaking of.

Fat folks who got that way b/c they were lazy and refused to work on their health have no one to blame about their joint conditions other than themselves.

WAY too many folks take their health for granted....and are poor ambassadors for what they've been given. Like you, I had little choice (after swearing my oath) about losing my health...but I do everything within my power to stay as healthy and fit as I can.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,020 ******
    edited November -1
    I guess all us "fat folks" need to stay home and not get on the TAXPAYER PAID-FOR bike paths. Then you won't have to look at us. [8]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    I guess all us "fat folks" need to stay home and not get on the TAXPAYER PAID-FOR bike paths. Then you won't have to look at us. [8]

If you don't have a medical condition that keeps you in a chair, how about walking or jogging...or riding a bike down those paths.?.?

As I stated above, I have very little sympathy for anyone who got there b/c they were lazy. It doesn't take much effort or will power to control your diet and get some exercise...just the discipline to do so.

As someone who has never known what it feels like to be a healthy adult, I DO NOT take my health for granted...and I do everything I can to maintain what health I've got...more folks should do the same.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being in the health care profession I can tell you there are a lot of conditions that cause people to gain weight. I know there are some lazy people that need to help themselves, but most do not fall into this category. Have a little compassion, the mind needs exercise also and people in these chairs need to see something other than the living room just the same as you or I. Of course there are all kinda and some do take advatnage of things and other people. Change a few things in any of our lives and that could be us in that chair, or one of our children, Think about it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Being in the health care profession I can tell you there are a lot of conditions that cause people to gain weight. I know there are some lazy people that need to help themselves, but most do not fall into this category. Have a little compassion, the mind needs exercise also and people in these chairs need to see something other than the living room just the same as you or I. Of course there are all kinda and some do take advatnage of things and other people. Change a few things in any of our lives and that could be us in that chair, or one of our children, Think about it.

The VAST majority of America is overweight...and I can guarantee you that the VAST majority of America does not have a condition that makes them that way.

I've seen obesity wreck too many lives...
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    was she hot? [:)]
  • acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those chairs make people fat and they also make them less mobile without using the chair.
    My Mother and Mother in Law both had electric scooters and both of them got more and more dependent on them.
    Before they got them they would walk but after they would ride.
    They are a double edged sword.

Fat+Is+Not+A+Handicap.jpg

AC
  • Tile KingTile King Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    does anyone think this happens enough to see a business oppurtunity?
    a fat cart tow service.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Being in the health care profession I can tell you there are a lot of conditions that cause people to gain weight.

Lemme tell you the number ONE cause.
    It is poor diet coupled with LACK of psyical activity.

Face it, the majority of America is FAT. We (myself included) are overweight because we eat like we do. How many people also wash down their slop with soda?

We enjoy too much of what is BAD for us. As one poster said, "my bad knees that cause me serious pain, came from being overweight". Ok..... So you caused your own misery.

I smoke. If I die of cancer, or any smoking related problem, who is at fault? Only me.

The vast majority of people who are overweight or fat, cause it themselves. What other country in the world claims their poor are so bad off, but 99% of our "POOR" are FAT? Eating poorly is America's number one past time, no matter wealth.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets put it this way I'm Fat 5'8" 240 lbs. Have had a triple by-pass. Right knee torn up by hitting a deer on my Harley.

But I'm getting back in shape. Was coming from the gym when I saw this.

In this area It must be the water cause there sure is a lot of them. Makes me feel skinny.

To the one who asked was she hot. No way.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You really didn't see as many over weight people especialy in powered buggies 15 years ago! I think many take advantage of the "Hancicap or Disability" legislation pasted in the past years giving the REAL handicap people a bad rap. These handicap window signs are too freely given to those who realy should not have them. Another sign of our Liberal leaning and those who take advantage of it.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Boys, I'm six foot tall, and near 300 lbs. I never asked another person for help in my life. I can carry my own weight, plus some. I have witnesses. I would prefer someone shot me over being seen in one of those carts. Some folks can't help being fat. Me. some folks can't help being weak.

I've seen plenty of thin folks in those carts, too.

Don't judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes.

Griffin,Oops, wrong forum, Searcher5, the *.

blackpowdershotguns022.jpg
  • jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said searcher!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    You really didn't see as many over weight people especialy in powered buggies 15 years ago! I think many take advantage of the "Hancicap or Disability" legislation pasted in the past years giving the REAL handicap people a bad rap. These handicap window signs are too freely given to those who realy should not have them. Another sign of our Liberal leaning and those who take advantage of it.

I agree. I qualify for them...and Disabled Veteran license plates, but I do not use them.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    The only thing I have to say is that I bet there are more obese people draining tax dollars than smokers. Seems everywhere I look there are obese people milking the system.

1)nobody force feeds you, or makes you eat half a pound of bacon for breakfast and half a dozen eggs.

2)Walk once in awhile before your weight gets totally out of control.

3)You cannot use a thyroid problem as an excuse if you are ordering 4 big macs for lunch and a diet soda

4)Obesity is nasty, dispicable, deplorable, expensive, and more of a inconvenience to the population as a whole than anything I have ever encountered.

I do not want to smell you.
    I do not want to sit next to you on an airplane with your rolls hanging over the armrest.
    I do not want to watch you cram food in your mouth while talking about your weight issue
    I do not want to try to get around you in an aisle while you waddle at the speed of a sloth
    I do not want to hear you complain that a food stop should have to put wider than normal boothes in so you will not get stuck
    I do not want to hear you repeat over and over how the retail industry should have to conform to YOU so you can maintain YOUR gross behavior and make everyone else suffer to satisfy your selfish behavior
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    By golly, I always wanted to meet "Joe Perfect", and now I find out he's on this forum!

quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    The only thing I have to say is that I bet there are more obese people draining tax dollars than smokers. Seems everywhere I look there are obese people milking the system.

1)nobody force feeds you, or makes you eat half a pound of bacon for breakfast and half a dozen eggs.

3)You cannot use a thyroid problem as an excuse if you are ordering 4 big macs for lunch and a diet soda

4)Obesity is nasty, dispicable, deplorable, expensive, and more of a inconvenience to the population as a whole than anything I have ever encountered.

I do not want to sit next to you on an airplane with your rolls hanging over the armrest.
    I do not want to watch you cram food in your mouth while talking about your weight issue
    I do not want to try to get around you in an aisle while you waddle at the speed of a sloth
    I do not want to hear you complain that a food stop should have to put wider than normal boothes in so you will not get stuck
    I do not want to hear you repeat over and over how the retail industry should have to conform to YOU so you can maintain YOUR gross behavior and make everyone else suffer to satisfy your selfish behavior
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5
    By golly, I always wanted to meet "Joe Perfect", and now I find out he's on this forum!

Nope, far from it, nowhere do I claim that I am. Fact of the matter is if you weigh 500 lbs you should either not fly, or buy two seats so you are not interfering with MY life and comfort while you destroy your body. It is no different than drug users, alcoholics, or any other addict. Do what you want to yourself, but leave me out of your destruction. Obesity is an addiction, and one that a person needs to tackle on their own, without it being justified by the government, or feel good groups. *, no such thing, just a bunch of fat women looking for validation and comfort from others to justify them eating another bag of chips and carton of ice cream.

Fat is not obese, obesity is allowing food to control your life. It is simple truth, some will admit it, and deal with it, others will take the self pity route and deflect their portion of the blame and continue stuffing their faces with full support from the federal government at the tax payers expense
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I end up in some kind of scooter it will be a day EVERYONE will remember if it breaks down. I can see it now..... "You should have see that woman that was stuck in the walkway.....she rolled out of the thing and set it on fire!!! As she crawled away she looked up at me and said....What are YOU looking at!"
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Tom Lee ATom Lee A Member Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hesitated about posting on this thread but finally decided to provide a perspective from someone that legitemately has to have a power wheelchair. I have an incurable and untreateable muscle disease called Inclusion Body Myositis. This disease basically attacks the muscles and they just go away. I will be dying from this disease sooner rather than later.

I initially would not use anything that was tied to being handicapped. After a few years of falling and watching my strength go away, I started using a cane, then a quad cane, then a wheelchair, and then the power chair. I refused to park in a handicap space until the strength just was not there to do any kind of walking. I now have to sleep in a hospital bed, use a Hoyer lift to get me up from the bed, out of a chair, and onto a custom built shower chair. I have to use a lifting device to get me off the toilet. My power chair lifts me up 11" so that I can stand, but I can't walk at all.

You can't imagine the costs that are attached to being disabled. A ramp van that was over $40,000, power chair that was $26,000, Hoyer lift that was over $2,000, Hill-Rom hospital bed, Hill-Rom mattress that retailed for nearly $8,000, and I could go on and on, but you probably get the point. I can only go to the toilet at my house because I can't get off the toilets that are in normal retail spaces. I've been at church, ball games, etc and when nature calls, my wife has to get me home.

I love guns but can no longer hunt or even shoot anymore since I can't lift the gun and don't have the strength to pull the trigger. I have never asked the Lord to heal me of this disease because I realize that He has a purpose for this disease. I am so blessed that I have the support of my family and friends---something that others might not have.

Back to the title of this thread, it is really tough to control your weight when you can do no excersize. Also, weight gain can sometimes be the result of medicines. I've been on Prednisone for years and it definitely can cause weight gain, as well as other awful things. It ate one of my hips up and I ended up having to get a hip replacement.

I'm sure that some folks abuse the system, but some folks also do need help with getting around.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5

Nope, far from it, nowhere do I claim that I am. Fact of the matter is if you weigh 500 lbs you should either not fly, or buy two seats so you are not interfering with MY life and comfort while you destroy your body. It is no different than drug users, alcoholics, or any other addict. Do what you want to yourself, but leave me out of your destruction. Obesity is an addiction, and one that a person needs to tackle on their own, without it being justified by the government, or feel good groups. *, no such thing, just a bunch of fat women looking for validation and comfort from others to justify them eating another bag of chips and carton of ice cream.

Fat is not obese, obesity is allowing food to control your life. It is simple truth, some will admit it, and deal with it, others will take the self pity route and deflect their portion of the blame and continue stuffing their faces with full support from the federal government at the tax payers expense

I happen to agree with just about everything you've said...and like you, I'm far from perfect...but being fat is a choice. Right now, I'm heavier than I want to be...and I'm working to correct it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tom Lee A
    I hesitated about posting on this thread but finally decided to provide a perspective from someone that legitemately has to have a power wheelchair. I have an incurable and untreateable muscle disease called Inclusion Body Myositis. This disease basically attacks the muscles and they just go away. I will be dying from this disease sooner rather than later.

I initially would not use anything that was tied to being handicapped. After a few years of falling and watching my strength go away, I started using a cane, then a quad cane, then a wheelchair, and then the power chair. I refused to park in a handicap space until the strength just was not there to do any kind of walking. I now have to sleep in a hospital bed, use a Hoyer lift to get me up from the bed, out of a chair, and onto a custom built shower chair. I have to use a lifting device to get me off the toilet. My power chair lifts me up 11" so that I can stand, but I can't walk at all.

You can't imagine the costs that are attached to being disabled. A ramp van that was over $40,000, power chair that was $26,000, Hoyer lift that was over $2,000, Hill-Rom hospital bed, Hill-Rom mattress that retailed for nearly $8,000, and I could go on and on, but you probably get the point. I can only go to the toilet at my house because I can't get off the toilets that are in normal retail spaces. I've been at church, ball games, etc and when nature calls, my wife has to get me home.

I love guns but can no longer hunt or even shoot anymore since I can't lift the gun and don't have the strength to pull the trigger. I have never asked the Lord to heal me of this disease because I realize that He has a purpose for this disease. I am so blessed that I have the support of my family and friends---something that others might not have.

Back to the title of this thread, it is really tough to control your weight when you can do no excersize. Also, weight gain can sometimes be the result of medicines. I've been on Prednisone for years and it definitely can cause weight gain, as well as other awful things. It ate one of my hips up and I ended up having to get a hip replacement.

I'm sure that some folks abuse the system, but some folks also do need help with getting around.

...and as I said, I have the utmost respect for those who legitimately need/use such devices...but I believe there are far more folks who'd be a lot better off without them than those that actually need them.

I am sorry to hear of your condition. I wish you the best!
    edited November -1
    I happen to think you are both wrong.....and to think that someone should have to disclose personal information (so that you know they have an EXCUSE as to why they are big) to gain the respect you give to thin people shows a little dip in character.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I happen to think you are both wrong.....and to think that someone should have to disclose personal information (so that you know they have an EXCUSE as to why they are big) to gain the respect you give to thin people shows a little dip in character.
    I do not respect anyone until they give me a reason to lf. Todays society is full of leeches and fungus that looks for nothing more than a way to excuse themself from work, or making a living on their own. There should be no tax payer funded disability for anyone except soliers wounded in defense on this country. A persons condition is their own, and their families to deal with, not strangers.

The more people demand respect the more I distrust them, earn it.

You want someone snorting coke right next to you, or popping pills? Didn't you just say how deplorable it was for some school kid to be selling lortabs? Just because a junkies method of destruction is food does not make it any less deplorable.

I reiterate, OBESE IS NOT A DISEASE IT IS AN ADDICTION. If you feed the addiction with super-sized portions and 19 meals a day you are not a victim, the people who are forced to support you ARE
    edited November -1
    I do not respect anyone until they give me a reason to lf. Todays society is full of leeches and fungus that looks for nothing more than a way to excuse themself from work, or making a living on their own. There should be no tax payer funded disability for anyone except soliers wounded in defense on this country. A persons condition is their own, and their families to deal with, not strangers.

The more people demand respect the more I distrust them, earn it.

You want someone snorting coke right next to you, or popping pills? Didn't you just say how deplorable it was for some school kid to be selling lortabs? Just because a junkies method of destruction is food does not make it any less deplorable.

I reiterate, OBESE IS NOT A DISEASE IT IS AN ADDICTION. If you feed the addiction with super-sized portions and 19 meals a day you are not a victim, the people who are forced to support you ARE

+1 again.

LF...I treat all folks equally...until they give me a reason not to. Most fat folks do not have to be that way...even if there is a medical issue that precipitated the problem. Obesity is a choice...90% of the time. There are things everyone can do to work on their health...even disabled folks like myself.
    edited November -1
    You lost me at "I don't respect anyone until they give me a reason to." That is a little high and mighty to say. People are people. I am guessing that some of the best people I know wouldn't pass your inspection. You should take yourself down a notch and quit judging people. Remember what I said about the girl that had the problem.....I wanted my daughter to be friends with her because of what I was looking at. I guess you CAN'T judge someone by just looking at them.....OR talking a few minutes with them.

There are big people out there that have problems. I sometimes fail, but I do try to see past someone's looks. I wouldn't ever presume that an extremely large person CHOSE to be that way....or doesn't realize they would be happier if they were smaller. Medications, illnesses, injury.....why should I have to know their deep/dark secrets to give them respect. Its not like you are forced to have sex with every third person you meet. One....Two....DANG IT!!! Another third fat person. People are people. Just wait until you actually have a reason to hate them. 75% of them will give you a REAL reason.
  • jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tom A.
    Good words Tom, nice to hear from someone actually living it. Not just these holier than thou types that have no clue, they just see a fat guy/gal, and think it's all from overeating /laziness. Maybe stories like yours will wake them up, but I doubt it.
    Yes America is overweight, but just be damn sure you know what the story is with any person before you get up on your soap boxes and start yelling about fast food and potato chips. I have a lung disease that will take my life. I work out every day on my bicycle, and 3 days a week at my local hospital to try keep the progression to a minimum.
    For almost 30 years, I worked very physical jobs, and maintained a weight of around 210 in the summer and 220 in the winter. Not thin by any means, but not horrible either.
    After my lungs got so bad I could no longer work, and I got put on a large dose of Prednisone to help keep my lungs clear, I gained 70 Lbs. in less than a year. Partially due to the fact that when you can't breathe, you can't really exercise too much either, but also because Prednisone is a steroid, and it promotes weight gain, especially with long term use.
    I still don't use a wheelchair or scooter, or the carts supplied by stores like Walmart, etc. That day is coming, but until then, I will keep walking, and leaning on the shopping cart, and stopping to catch my breath when needed.
    ECC and all you other *, probably complain about me too, the fat guy leaning on the shopping cart and walking too slow for them.
    Well DEAL with it! I am every day of my life.
    Rant over.
    edited November -1
    You lost me at "I don't respect anyone until they give me a reason to." That is a little high and mighty to say. People are people. I am guessing that some of the best people I know wouldn't pass your inspection. You should take yourself down a notch and quit judging people. Remember what I said about the girl that had the problem.....I wanted my daughter to be friends with her because of what I was looking at. I guess you CAN'T judge someone by just looking at them.....OR talking a few minutes with them.

There are big people out there that have problems. I sometimes fail, but I do try to see past someone's looks. I wouldn't ever presume that an extremely large person CHOSE to be that way....or doesn't realize they would be happier if they were smaller. Medications, illnesses, injury.....why should I have to know their deep/dark secrets to give them respect. Its not like you are forced to have sex with every third person you meet. One....Two....DANG IT!!! Another third fat person. People are people. Just wait until you actually have a reason to hate them. 75% of them will give you a REAL reason.
    It has nothing to do with hating, or being high and moghty. It is the simple truth that people cannot be taken at their word anymore, many times even after you have gotten to know them. How does not respecting someone I do not know equate to a bad thing? Do you respect everyone you meet even if you have never spoken with them? How can you give respect where none is due? Do you think that not repsecting someone is the same as hating them?

I have friends who are overweight, doesn't everyone? You are comparing overwieght to obese. We are all pre-disposed to prejudices, some admit it, others don't for fear of being pc, pc can kiss my *. I will however admit that this is the first time that I have been called high and mighty because I will not dole out respect like the government does welfare checks, disability checks, and ebt credits. Respect always has, and always will be earned, this is what makes it special.

It doesn't matter how a person gets to a point in their life. I am sure most junkies do not sit down one day and say; "you know I would really like to be addicted to drugs, and shoot every dollar I can lay my hands on up my vein". Intentions do not matter, only the end result.
    edited November -1

I guess I'm stuck in the middle somewhere. I show ALL folks respect...until they give reason not too. That does not mean they've earned my respect. People are people...but every single one of us has the potential to improve ourselves.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jamesjo
    Tom A.
    Good words Tom, nice to hear from someone actually living it. Not just these holier than thou types that have no clue, they just see a fat guy/gal, and think it's all from overeating /laziness. Maybe stories like yours will wake them up, but I doubt it.
    Yes America is overweight, but just be damn sure you know what the story is with any person before you get up on your soap boxes and start yelling about fast food and potato chips. I have a lung disease that will take my life. I work out every day on my bicycle, and 3 days a week at my local hospital to try keep the progression to a minimum.
    For almost 30 years, I worked very physical jobs, and maintained a weight of around 210 in the summer and 220 in the winter. Not thin by any means, but not horrible either.
    After my lungs got so bad I could no longer work, and I got put on a large dose of Prednisone to help keep my lungs clear, I gained 70 Lbs. in less than 6 months. Partially due to the fact that when you can't breathe, you can't really exercise too much either, but also because Prednisone is a steroid, and it promotes weight gain, especially with long term use.
    I still don't use a wheelchair or scooter, or the carts supplied by stores like Walmart, etc. That day is coming, but until then, I will keep walking, and leaning on the shopping cart, and stopping to catch my breath when needed.
    ECC and all you other *, probably complain about me too, the fat guy leaning on the shopping cart and walking too slow for them.
    Rant over.
    I understand disease, and issues, but I ask you do you believe in taxpayer support for these issues? Again, you confuse overweight with obese. We are referring to people specifically placed on the disabled list for Obesity, not overwight due to medical condition. I have another flash for you, we are all going to die. Some of us young, others not so young, but death is coming for all of us. I am sorry you are suffering, I am sorry you have a condition, but you are not on the list of people who were being discussed here, at least not by me.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jamesjo
    Tom A.
    After my lungs got so bad I could no longer work, and I got put on a large dose of Prednisone to help keep my lungs clear, I gained 70 Lbs. in less than 6 months. Partially due to the fact that when you can't breathe, you can't really exercise too much either, but also because Prednisone is a steroid, and it promotes weight gain, especially with long term use.
    Rant over.
    I understand disease, and issues, but I ask you do you believe in taxpayer support for these issues? Again, you confuse overweight with obese. We are referring to people specifically placed on the disabled list for Obesity, not overwight due to medical condition. I have another flash for you, we are all going to die. Some of us young, others not so young, but death is coming for all of us. I am sorry you are suffering, I am sorry you have a condition, but you are not on the list of people who were being discussed here, at least not by me.

+1 yet again...damn...this is starting to get unusual...there are very few folks that I agree with, this much...but then again, I see you are a brother.