In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just Went out in the Yard Update

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everything's pretty much gone except for the chives. It's 70 outside and I feel like going outside and doing it all over again.

[img][/img]MVC-AAAAGARDEN.jpg
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy Curt...you sure had a whole lot of stuff in that little plot...looks like its time to pull the weeds[:)]...or do alittle hoe'in[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Boy Curt...you sure had a whole lot of stuff in that little plot...looks like its time to pull the weeds[:)]...or do alittle hoe'in[:D]

Yep my wife added some extra soil that was previously blocking our side gate and some other plant stuff. I'll have to pull what's left of the tomato plant out and even everything else out. Probably this upcoming weekend when we basically put the whole yard away for the season.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

Yep my wife added some extra soil that was previously blocking our side gate and some other plant stuff. I'll have to pull what's left of the tomato plant out and even everything else out. Probably this upcoming weekend when we basically put the whole yard away for the season.
    put the yard away? What, like in the garage?[:D][:D]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

put the yard away? What, like in the garage?[:D][:D]

Well we take the cushions off the patio furniture and into the basement. The table and chairs get stacked in the car port type thing on the side of the garage. The lawn mowers go into the garage along with the umbrella. What ever plastic chairs we have get stacked and put between the opposite side of the house and fence. Since we don't sit outside to often when its 10 degrees out everything pretty much gets put in its place.
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thought it was cilantro season already. It sure was warm today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    Thought it was cilantro season already. It sure was warm today.

I thought so to wanted to plant some more.
  • Options
    fullcaseloadfullcaseload Member Posts: 224 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this whole thing about cilantro? (I tried to read one of the middle pages, but it was harder to do than reading War and Peace in the Swahili translation, let alone the whole thing.)
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fullcaseload
    Is this whole thing about cilantro? (I tried to read one of the middle pages, but it was harder to do than reading War and Peace in the Swahili translation, let alone the whole thing.)

No. Not the whole thing. Just the important parts.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Just read the whole thing. Its just like a great mystery with a lot of different plots and twists and turns. Do you start reading a book from the middle pages?? No who does that I wouldn't nor should you.[;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Alright", (he said, somewhat chagrined), "I will start at the beginning when I feel I have enough time". How much time do y'all think I should allot? (Not a speed reader but I do read fairly quickly.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Alright", (he said, somewhat chagrined), "I will start at the beginning when I feel I have enough time". How much time do y'all think I should allot? (Not a speed reader but I do read fairly quickly.)
    Shouldn't take too long, there are plenty of pictures. Once you're done here, search for the sugar bear thread and enjoy your reading there.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you're reading just to read it, about 15 minutes...Now if you're reading it to get the full scope of the thread, then about an hour or 2 should do[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An hour or two? I have to study, what, is there gonna be a test on the damn thing? Does the two hours include that other thread too, the one that Perfect guy said I had to read? Oh well, as long as it's fun, I don't do work anymore, I'm retired.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An hour or two? I have to study, what, is there gonna be a test on the damn thing? Does the two hours include that other thread too, the one that Perfect guy said I had to read? Oh well, as long as it's fun, I don't do work anymore, I'm retired.
    It will be time well spent...now as far as the, "sugar bear" AKA thread Mr. Perfect suggested...well that one could take ya two or three days to read...hell, maybe longer. But hey, you're a retired guy who shouldnt have a full case load to worry about so have at it. Oh, and to try and keep this thread on topic..do you have any good cilantro recipes?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Said you HAD to read? [?][?] What are you, a republican?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Said you HAD to read? [?][?] What are you, a republican?
    I dont recall anything about studying either...I do think a test would be a good idea though[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Just to see if indeed you did read the entire tread. What is the optimum PH of the soil in which cilantro thrives and provides us serious cilantro growers a greater yield, more aromatic plants and a resistance to disease that novice growers wish they could achieve?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Well seeing i'm about to retire in less then 24 hours I'm going to read it a couple of times a day.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Just to see if indeed you did read the entire tread. What is the optimum PH of the soil in which cilantro thrives and provides us serious cilantro growers a greater yield, more aromatic plants and a resistance to disease that novice growers wish they could achieve?

And that is a simple question as that was covered in my freshman year at U.C.L.A. in Professor Dano Thronbergs class. So you should be able to answer that easily.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CILANTRO! I just finished reading the whole thing . . . twice/day armilite? That's a lot more self abuse than I would wish on you, or anybody really. I do know more about cilantro now than I thought I would ever care to. And yeah, pictures are/were good. No where did I see the soil "PH factor", I suspect you're messing with me. Looking at the plant, considering the smell and taste, I would guess that the soil should be slightly acidic. Some probably like a stronger cilantro taste in their recipes, but here's something I've found. If my recipe calls for cilantro; it is way easier to add more cilantro than take it back out. (I have to go rest now, that was almost like work.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CILANTRO! I just finished reading the whole thing . . . twice/day armilite? That's a lot more self abuse than I would wish on you, or anybody really. I do know more about cilantro now than I thought I would ever care to. And yeah, pictures are/were good. No where did I see the soil "PH factor", I suspect you're messing with me. Looking at the plant, considering the smell and taste, I would guess that the soil should be slightly acidic. Some probably like a stronger cilantro taste in their recipes, but here's something I've found. If my recipe calls for cilantro; it is way easier to add more cilantro than take it back out. (I have to go rest now, that was almost like work.)

Well there you go, good job.[;)][^][^][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you armilite. I tried really hard to do a good job. I, being a junior member, didn't want to let any of you advanced members down on such an important subject as cilantro. (Especially homegrown cilantro).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you armilite. I tried really hard to do a good job. I, being a junior member, didn't want to let any of you advanced members down on such an important subject as cilantro. (Especially homegrown cilantro).

Your welcome, home grown Cilantro can be very tricky. Had we a warmer summer there's no doubt that the yield would have doubled. That also goes for the tomato's as well.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is best planted on a day the has an R in it also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The big boys are coming out to the cilantro scented drag.[:D]

20141103_084948_zpsedc09cf5.jpg
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Amy God, this is a long thread!!

I have no idea where Amy God came from.

It should read "My God, this is a long thread".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just got back from Sugar Bear, (I was lucky). Not to slight Cilantro and all, but, if Sugar Bear was 2 pages longer it just might reach infinity and a most of the way back. I couldn't help being impressed but do have to wonder how many died along the way. Was thinking it might help if one kept a little Cilantro in their 1st Aid Kit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    My God, this is a long thread!!

I have no idea where Amy God came from.

It should read "My God, this is a long thread".

hows that[:D]
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How has this ever not been on page 1?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well we'll just have to work on keeping it there.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Seven months till Cilantro season.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm working on a Chia Pet that will support cilantro growth.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Not in Mozambique [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm working on a Chia Pet that will support cilantro growth.

That just might work.[:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Our season must be different here in the Central African Republic.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Our season must be different here in the Central African Republic.

I'm much closer to the coast.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Damn...I didnt realize you guys moved.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Just south of Maputo and a bit north of Swaziland. I thought I'd try and take advantage and try to find some early Portuguese AR-10 parts or complete guns. They were quite popular down here back in the day.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I'm here temporarily training camels.
This discussion has been closed.