In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just Went out in the Yard Update

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    This was in danger of falling off page 1, so I am here to help.

Cilantro and coriander are the same thing.

Discuss.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    fullcaseloadfullcaseload Member Posts: 224 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two corianders and they don't look a thing like cilantro. Mine each have three legs and look like an eight inch diameter bowl with holes in it. I use 'em in the kitchen sink for washing fruit and vegetables. Nothing similar about them, I don't see how the discussion could continue very far in this vein. (I've been wrong before though)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fullcaseload
    I have two corianders and they don't look a thing like cilantro. Mine each have three legs and look like an eight inch diameter bowl with holes in it. I use 'em in the kitchen sink for washing fruit and vegetables. Nothing similar about them, I don't see how the discussion could continue very far in this vein. (I've been wrong before though)
    And again, apparently.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I think you have the off shoot of coriander called colander. They usually have a bright shiny stem and have to be cooked at an extremely high temperature before they can be eaten. [;)]
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Do you drive a Chevy Cilantro?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter

I thought that was a Kia Cilanto.[:(]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

I thought that was a Kia Cilanto.[:(]

[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I may have been mistaken. At first I thought it was a Hyaundai Cilantro, it's been so long since I seen one on the road.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I may have been mistaken. At first I thought it was a Hyaundai Cilantro, it's been so long since I seen one on the road.

They all look the same [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Is that the one that looks like the Camaro?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was the Chevy Cilantro..they came as novas chevelles and cameros. These were the Mexican versions of the Yenko's. These cars were built by a Cilantro farmer/auto mechanic in the Yucatan. The performance package was dubbed the "Cilantro package"...the farmer wanted the cars to look unassuming but pack a punch when driven. Thus was born the "Cilantro package"...very, very rare breed. I hope this clears things up alittle
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guess I was wrong again. I thought they looked like an updated Geo Metro and had a hemi stuffed in it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guess I was wrong again. I thought they looked like an updated Geo Metro and had a hemi stuffed in it.
    Those were US knock-offs of the Cilantro...real Cilantros had a chev 496 stroker motor
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    It was the Chevy Cilantro..they came as novas chevelles and cameros. These were the Mexican versions of the Yenko's. These cars were built by a Cilantro farmer/auto mechanic in the Yucatan. The performance package was dubbed the "Cilantro package"...the farmer wanted the cars to look unassuming but pack a punch when driven. Thus was born the "Cilantro package"...very, very rare breed. I hope this clears things up alittle

Someone needs to bring that car back into production. Even though the Cilantro package was very nice it still had room for improvement. In place of the CD player/radio I would install a toaster and the cup holders would be large enough to accommodate an economy size jar of peanut butter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, the toaster option was available..but it was never ordered due to the peanut butter melting in the hot mexican sun...the most popular interior option was the the custom refridgerated bottle holder specifically designed for Corona long necks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, the toaster option was available..but it was never ordered due to the peanut butter melting in the hot mexican sun...the most popular interior option was the the custom refridgerated bottle holder specifically designed for Corona long necks

But they did come with the tortilla cooker in place of the spare tire.[;)]
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1

twin bucket shares, twice pipes, a 4 on the floor and fifth under the seat[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think the fifth under the seat was a personal upgrade[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

But they did come with the tortilla cooker in place of the spare tire.[;)]Correct..the tortilla cooker doubled as a bottle heater for the nitrous...truely innovative, and still ahead of its time
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Those were US knock-offs of the Cilantro...real Cilantros had a chev 496 stroker motor

[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, those were the Corianders.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pretty sure this is just a rumor, but I heard a disgruntled factory worker on the assembly line was gonna turn loose 4 or 5 feral corn monkeys one night after quitting time. Can you imagine?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pretty sure this is just a rumor, but I heard a disgruntled factory worker on the assembly line was gonna turn loose 4 or 5 feral corn monkeys one night after quitting time. Can you imagine?

Corn monkeys are everywhere, it's the Cilantro monkeys everyone should be worried about.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    No, those were the Corianders.
    Corianders were used as the seeds to help the Cilantro leaf out into production
  • Options
    edited November -1

Corn monkeys are everywhere, it's the Cilantro monkeys everyone should be worried about.True that...Cilantro monkeys are the mexican sub-species of the Cornholio Monkey breed. Corn monkeys...would be no match for a cilantro monkey...and corn monkeys rarely head south of the border due to this...so most likely a rumor.
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    and corn monkeys rarely head south of the border due to this....

not yet.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All that is true. At least from what I have heard around here and none of you ever lie. But, I was thinking if the rumor did come about, the parts bins would be all mixed up and the factory would be putting out Coriantros and Cilanders with little bitty rotary engines and transmissions that had 13 reverse gears.(but, y'all know I've been wrong before)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Absolut Cilantro.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lets get this thread back on track here....cilantro was 79 cents a bunch today at the store..I feel better now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lets get this thread back on track here....cilantro was 79 cents a bunch today at the store..I feel better now.

Hey that's a great price.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    186 days till the cilantro goes in the ground here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It was never off track.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I was at the nations largest ice fishing show in St Paul at the River Center on Sunday and nobody was selling any cilantro. I'm seeing opportunities for next year. $$$$$$$
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    I was at the nations largest ice fishing show in St Paul at the River Center on Sunday and nobody was selling any cilantro. I'm seeing opportunities for next year. $$$$$$$
    Jeez...I bet there were tip-ups and augers everywhere...but no cilantro...very sad..its a very underappreciated green[:D]....maybe develop some type of bait out of it...ya might be on to something.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've noticed nightcrawlers out of the cilantro beds catch more fish than nightcrawlers out of the yard.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    skicat..As a side note...The Minnesota Weapons Collectors Association (MWCA) is having a show at the River Center this weekend Dec 13-14...you are probably already aware of this. Rumor has it Cilantro Beef Jerk may be available for purchase[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    skicat..As a side note...The Minnesota Weapons Collectors Association (MCWA) is having a show at the River Center this weekend Dec 13-14...you are probably already aware of this. Rumor has it Cilantro Beef Jerk may be available for purchase[:D]

I think you mean the MWCA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone else here smoke cilantro? I've got some out in the smoker as I type.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Anyone else here smoke cilantro? I've got some out in the smoker as I type.

Absolutely. Halfway through the smoking process I spray a 50/50 mixture of water and Mrs. Butterworths syrup.
This discussion has been closed.