In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whats cooking tonite ????

Comments

• Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thinking maybe Nuwave grilled chicken & ???

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,397 ******
    edited November -1
    WOW! I actually had to go to page 2 to dig up this thread. Busy forum like the good ole days! :)

Anyway, tonight's fare is going to be.......drum role......?Calves liver and onions. Butter fried, lightly dusted with flour, simple salt & pepper seasonings and cooked tender.

Fresh asparagus steamed tender but not mushy, drizzled in melted butter.

It's been 6 months and I'm good and ready for one of my favorite bi yearly meals! :P
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GreatGuns wrote:
    Sounds tasty Joel! It's one of my favorites too. Enjoy! :)

Jim

I did enjoy it Jim! The entire pound of it all by myself! :o The wife will not touch liver and it doesn't make very good left overs! One of the reasons I only make it twice a year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks delicious Jim! :P

I was a fully grown man before ever realizing that all tuna didn't come out of a can! :oops:
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got about a dozen squirrell legs in the crockpot simmering in beef stock all day, will pull them out, debone them and make gravy when wife gets home was gonna make biscuits decided instead to make thin pan of cornbread about an inch thick, gonna pour the sqirrell meat/gravy over it and dinner........
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Posole...
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dang! Squirrel meat and gravy over thin corn bread! YUMMY! :P Good eats hillbillie!

Jim, your soup with that fine bread is to die for! I'd like mine with bacon thank you!

Today my Mrs. is making her outstanding chicken noodle soup using those colorful spiral noodles that are made with different veggies for the colors. Todays winter weather and being under another snow advisory here makes a good hot bowl of homemade soup just right to warm my innards.

I have been naughty lately. Hitting on some of that Halloween candy that I buy and never need because we never get any trick or treaters here. I rationalize that it could happen and I'd be SOL if it ever did! :D
    I try very hard to estimate how many of those small size candy bars equate to a full sized bar. (just so I don't get to piggy) :D
    Of coarse back in my day, a candy bar was at least 1\2 to 3\4's of a pound! :o
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GreatGuns wrote:
    "Pozole"? As in Chicken Pozole? Yummy. :)

Jim

Pozole/Posole...Same same... :D I make a great red posole with pork...Have not tried chicken...yet. Started playing with the recipe back when our son was playing high school and college football...for the tailgaters...Always came home with a empty pot... ;)
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife likes beaner food so tonight she is making tacos.
    No a fan of beaner food but can manage a few tacos every 3 months or so.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, hi!

I poured my self 2 seconds out of a tequila bottle, and topped with 24 oz of mt. Dew.

It was so good, I doubled the tequila part, added same Mt Dew, and called it dessert.

Okay, Bye!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sunday Gravy...Man does it smell good!!! Thanks Yosh!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,997 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    diver-rig wrote:
    Okay, hi!

I poured my self 2 seconds out of a tequila bottle, and topped with 24 oz of mt. Dew.

It was so good, I doubled the tequila part, added same Mt Dew, and called it dessert.

Okay, Bye!
    Having a little 12 year old Weller neat right now
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like maybe 'Chilli Mac' & Salad & Garlic Bread :::

and : a 7/7 for dessert :

Thanks !!!

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little dish I made, call it possum bake, with chopped onions,celery stalks,melted in Kroger butter, hand cut potatoes from Aldi, extra spiced, cornbread with a touch of that southern possum gravy, and dark iced tea with lemon rings- ooooh boy,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I consider Grasshopper as the pied possum piper of these here GunBroker forums! :lol:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A little dish I made, call it possum bake, with chopped onions,celery stalks,melted in Kroger butter, hand cut potatoes from Aldi, extra spiced, cornbread with a touch of that southern possum gravy, and dark iced tea with lemon rings- ooooh boy,
    ;)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Made home-made chicken : sausage : shrimp Gumbo yesterday : Really Good !!!

Trying to decide for tonite ?

Thinking maybe stuffed peppers ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I think we are gonna grill some baby back ribs today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like Nuwave grilled chicken parts & ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So last night was a pretty special one for me! My wife is out of town, so I'm under no adult supervision!
    4 of the guys I hunt with in Montana came over for a night of Whiskey and Winchesters!
    The new guy is a chef and owns a restaurant a couple towns over. He had me take a piece of Elk Backstrap out of the freezer to thaw Monday. When he showed up he had all the ingredients to make a tremendous Elk Stroganoff! Garlic, Shallots, Mushrooms, Sour Cream, etc served over noodles. Medium rare tender morsels of Elk! So good!
    He also brought a big container of freshly made Shrimp Cocktail for an appetizer. Absolutely delicious.
    We drank a bottle of Basil Hayden Dark Rye and perhaps a few other things while we looked over and talked about old Winchesters. It was a great night!!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So last night was a pretty special one for me! My wife is out of town, so I'm under no adult supervision!
    4 of the guys I hunt with in Montana came over for a night of Whiskey and Winchesters!
    The new guy is a chef and owns a restaurant a couple towns over. He had me take a piece of Elk Backstrap out of the freezer to thaw Monday. When he showed up he had all the ingredients to make a tremendous Elk Stroganoff! Garlic, Shallots, Mushrooms, Sour Cream, etc served over noodles. Medium rare tender morsels of Elk! So good!
    He also brought a big container of freshly made Shrimp Cocktail for an appetizer. Absolutely delicious.
    We drank a bottle of Basil Hayden Dark Rye and perhaps a few other things while we looked over and talked about old Winchesters. It was a great night!!

My stomach is growling right now.

I love Stroganoff and I really love Shrimp.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thinking Pinto Beans w-Ham & mexican corn bread ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put a buck deer neck roast on the smoker this morning after soaking it in cherry coke last night and putting salt and Montreal seasoning on it this morning
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Im thinking maybe home-made chicken n dumplings ( any favorite receipes out there ?)?

and ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thinking maybe Steak , baked sweet tator & ??? w-hot bread :

and :

A 7/7 to wash it down ::::

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!!

and :

since its the holiday : ( and off work ) , Im NOT cooking : Going to a local Holiday Buffet this afternoon : Hopefully to come home miserabley full ???

Thanks !!!

Have a Great Turkey Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I wish I could.

I have to do most of the cooking every holiday.

Not this Christmas though, I refused. I am going out to eat. I told the wife the best Christmas Present I could get would be to not cook and not have anyone over.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Well ,,,,, I did it : went to local Turkey Day Buffet ( @ western sizzlin ) : food was good (better than normal for there ) , ate way to much !!!!!

Now @ home : watching Gunsmoke : suffering !!! I knew better ! LoL !!!

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

No idea : daughter , son in law & Grand-daughter ( 5 year old ) are in for the week-end ! Im really happy to see them ! & Daughter will cook !!!!!

Gonna have bunches of fun with the Grand-Daughter !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Home after a lllooonngg (long) boring useless day @ work !!!!

Looks like maybe fried ham & ??? tonite : now doing a 7/7 : ready to fry some ham ? then ????

Had a GREAT weekend with the Grand-daughter ( 5 ) !!! I miss her already ! My li Picklehoochiemonsterboo !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!!

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chili, with peanut butter toast, just waiting on grandkids to show up................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Im thinking maybe home-mase chicken n dumplings & salad & rolls ???

and a 7/7 for dessert ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Chicken is cooking !

Got a small fire going in the wood burner !

all is good !!!

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Started a 2 day project making some venison bologna. Never made it before but am getting tired of the fatty store bought stuff and found a good recipe online. They used ground beef but I subbed with deer meat. I had a couple bags of scrap chunks that I had marked for stew meat. It seemed to approximate around 3 pounds worth so I ran it through my grinder a couple of times to get it to a fine consistency.

I had to add a Table spoon of fine sea salt (I heaped it a tad) 1\2 tsp garlic powder, 1\2 tsp onion powder, 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar, 1\2 tsp liquid smoke. It called for a food processor to mix all ingredience with meat together but not having one, I just bare handed the stuff like a high paid masseuse would do, kneading, squeezing, smashing, until I was sure all was mixed well.

Then had to add a cup of ice water and mix it all again and put away into the freezer for 15 minutes. The water is supposed to emulsify the meat for a fine texture.

After the freezer I divided the 3 lb blob in half and rolled each half into compressed logs, wrapped each log tightly in cellophane and tied off the ends with twist ties. Placed both rolls in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Then placed on top of my broiler pan which has a catch basin and put into the preheated oven for 3 hours at 250 degrees.

Today was slice and eat day!! OH MAN! That is some dang good bologna!! :P

Because I used sea salt instead of MSG, the recipe stated that the bologna should be consumed within 3 days or frozen. I decided to eat one of the rolls fresh over the coarse of a couple days and to make the other roll into pickled bologna. I have been making my own pickled b.. for many years using the store bought stuff, and this should really top that by far! We'll see in a few days! :P
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Steaks

Baked tater

Mushrooms and onions
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Cant decide : Chilli or home-made BBQ ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Made Chilli last nite :

Thinking maybe Home-made BBQ tonite ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Pork roast is on cooking : gonna have a great meal later !!!! YUM !

BBQ !!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thinking maybe shrimp/pepperoni spaghetti w-salad & rolls ???

Thanks !!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like 'left-overs' tonite ???

Thanks !!!

This discussion has been closed.