In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake Ozark Fishing

Comments

• Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    hey...where ya at liv 2 fish...i'm close by there alot...we can go fishin and meet up[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Liv2Fish
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    hey...where ya at liv 2 fish...i'm close by there alot...we can go fishin and meet up[:)]

I live on Lake of the Ozarks about 3 miles by water from the dam. I like fishing a bunch and always welcome someone to go when time permits. This time of the year I am fishing a bunch with our business guest. During the week is the best(only) time for me if I am not on the road. Went out yseterday afternoon and caught a few. Needed more wind from the south to them fired up. I have been out of town the past few days and really missed the fishing. Send me a PM and we will see what we can work out.
    My wife actually told I has some projects to do around here what is she thinking it is fishing season. I hope she relizes that Turkey season is just around the corner.

Water Temp: 52 to 60
    Color: Mostly clear in my area some areas a little stained I like that better.

Bass: Good time on several lures. Red Eye shad is still producing when the wind is blowing. Spinnerbaits need the wind too. Windy banks mid cove back is the ticket but I am sure that there is a million other patters working also. It is the time to go fishin. Looking for a heavy sky day with a little sprinkle now and then that would bebig fish day . I have thinking about throwing a Zara * in the back of some of the pockets as the water warms that sometimes will get your string stretched real good.

Crappie: On Fire! That is what everyone is telling me . Not for me but then I really can't say as I have not really tried to fish for them. I did catch a good mess the other day for lunch but I had to fish for them. They have noved from the locations that I had been catching them. I was still fishing deeper and I am sure that they have moved closer to the bank.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Might be time to fish right off the dock..[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Might be time to fish right off the dock..[;)]
    Started catching fish on the * yesterday. i am seeing bass beds but it is still too early i think for the fish to start spawning. I caught several nice bass and lost several as they are just swiping at the bait and not sucking it down yet. Fishing will be great sometime this week I perdict but it has been good for a few weeks. You are correct on the crappie when i came in my wife came down to the dock and she never fishies and we caught several crappie in 10 min. Fish fry this weekend got to sack some of them up today. IAll i need is for someone that is coming bring a sack of morels over and it would be heaven.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow Where to stsrt the lake is on fire. Last night I went out around 5 and before 8 I had caught at least 35 bass. I fished fish size rock banks that had wind blowing on them within eye sight of my house. The carolina rig was the ticket. The bass were not big ones but lots of them went 2.5 to 3 lbs. The best I can figure is that they are staging to spawn. WOW great fishing I would have to call it catching not fishing.

Water temp:60 to 65 and clear

Crappie: Ther has been so many of them caught lately that the lake has gone dowm. Which brings me to another or question.

This week everytime I look out the window there has been the same 2 boats fishing my neighbor and my dock. After a while it gets a little anoying. There is nothing that you can say as long as they stay in their boat. I have worked real hard to make a goood crappie spot for my guest but they won't even leave when a guest comes down. Being a business owner you try not to be a smart * but today I think I will ask them if they want a sandwich or something. I fish docks all of he time but I never stay all day. When I see someone on their dock I never fish it. I usually in a round about way pump them for imformation about good fishing spots in their cove. It is amazing how many peopele will give up their neighbors honey hole. I guess I am in a constant quest to see if I can run the trolling motor down or somthing. Oh well I guess they will go home someday.

Going Going Gone Fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Taking a few days off fishing to go turkey hunting. The fishing is at its best right now. I realy want to shoot a gobbler but it is hard to leave fishing whwn it is as good as it is. I did see some bass up on beds yesterday but not many . The crappie are stacked on the banks in a foot and a half of water.

Wishin I was fishin
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It has been great is all that I can say. However all good things must end sometime. I had a trip on Wednesday and we caught over 60 bass. Not big ones though as they have seemed to disappear for me.We did have a limit of keepers but no jumbos. We caught all of them on a Zara * and we know that there is not a better way than on top water. The fish have moved up to spawn in a big way. you had to throw your * on the bank to get a hit most of the time. We went again yesterday and caught at least 50 in the morning then a storm moved in and things went down the tubes. Last night we had a storm with lots of lighting and that we cool things down this morning I am sure. Oh well can't fish today much I have to play innkeeper.
    The Crappie have really cooled off it seems like all you can catch now is little ones.

Good Fishing!
  • Options
    bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How did you do with the turkey?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The * bite has gone away for the time being. It should come back as the bass start to hatch and they start protecting their fry. I fished everday day and the bite has got tuffer each day. The carolina rig was a hot ticket for a while and now it hass cooled off. Big tournament this weeked and I am sure glad that I am sitting on the couch. Someone will get into them I am sure. The lake is the clearest I have ever seen it you can see the bottom in 7ft. That doesn't help things out eaither. I cruised lots off spawning banks today and only saw 2 bass on beds. I know that they are not done yet with the moon phase they should be thick. I will spend some time tomorrow looking maybe they might move up tonight.

Crappie fishing has really slowed also. Bummer I would like to have some for the freezer.

Water Temp 62 Super Clesr
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little and catching a few. I did catch a bass off of a bed yesterday but the spawn has to be over. I fished a 10 in power worm and caught 3 keepers in a couple of hours before I got blowed off the lake. Wow was it ever windy. It was so windy that it was blowing the white off of the white caps. I think that the fish spawned deep this year. The lake is clearer this year than ever and the reason could be the Zebra Mussels. Who knows!
    The crappie fishing has slowed during the day but just before dark they turn on and you can sack them up pretty good.
    Off to ST Louis today to install a hardwood floor for my son. I would rather be fishing!
    Have fun buy lots of fishing stuff!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went fishing yesterday after a terrile night of storms. The lake has come up more than 20 inches in 24 hours. I did catch lots of short fish and a couple of good ones. I caught most of the fish on a weightless Senko worm rigged wacky. You had to fish it out deeper for the bigger fish. If you threw up to the bank you would catch a fish about every cast but they would all be about 12 inches. Fished a 10 inch power morm and caught a few but they were not any bigger. I have no idea how this watwe change will affect the fishing because the lake is higher and hwent from clear to real stained in lots of areas.
    Crappie fishing has went to well we won't go ther but bad.

Water temp 62 to 64 the lake is rising I am sure that they are running water like crazy. The color is clear to coffee.

Have a great day I wish I was fishing.

Catch Hogs
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh Baby what a day I had yesterday. It was cloudy looked like it was going to pour anytime but never did. The bass were on the prowl! I never counted yesterday but lots would be an understatement. I caught them on 10 in carolina rig until it got light I went out around 4:45 then it switched to a Zara * bite. After a quick trip to town for my wife I went back out and that is when things really got hot.I was skipping wacky rigged weightless senko worms behind boat docks.Never caught any monsters but just about a fish off of ever dock. If you ave of ever fished Lake of the Ozarks you would know that there is one dock next to another. It is a real challange to fish these docks as they are floating docks that have cables holding them to shore. Great Time!Got to hang with the inn laws today no fishing for the next few days! BUMMER

Catch Hogs !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good morning for fishing . You have to go early as the big boats are here for the summer. I have been fishing early or late and catching some real nice bass. I had one around 6 today and one over 5 yesterday. The big fish are starting to feed again after he spawn. I have been catching them on 10 inch power worms in brush piles. This pattern will hold up now for the summer only they will start going deeper as the water warms up. The water temp is in the upper 70s.
    Have a great memorial day weekend and stay safe.!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishing has slowed down for me ! Still catching them on the big worm but things are just a little slower. The fiah relating to the brush piles and the main lake brush is the best. It is just hard to fish when you are riding the big boat waves. Oh well give it 10 more weeks and the lake will change again.

Water temp is in the lower 80s aand the water goes from clear in the creeks to sataind in the main channel. They are really running lots of water and the water coming from Truman lake is really muddy.

Have a good one
    Gone fishin!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been almost to ot to wet aa line. BUT the fish are biting here at the lake. I went out and rode the surf last night and caught about 20 bass in just a couple of hours. The fish are biting a big worm on the main lake points The big boats are a pain when I said riding the surf that is what it feels like sometimes.

Have a great Dads day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been gone for a while computer shot craps. Been fishing a little and catching some good ones . The numbers are down but the quality is up I guess that is not all bad. Still catching them off main lake points on the 10 inch worm. I have caught a few on top water but mostly on the worm. Hotter than blue blazes and the big boat traffic is terrible. Cot a storm brewing hope to get out tonight a little.

Have a great day!!!
    Gone Fishin !
  • Options
    bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It has been hit or moss for me. I caught about a dozen or so with several good ones. Most of the fish are in 25 ft or deeper holding on brush.I have found bass in the backs of some coves chasing shad that are about an inch long.
    I have had my boat out of the water for a few days now doing some repairs and maint. It is amazing how much work ther is to do. What can I expect when I use it as much as I do.
    A bunch of guys are leaving for Canada today Damn I am going to miss that trip this year. I wish them lots of luck.

Good Fishin!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Put the boat back in the water last night. I have a livewell pump leaking still #%&$@. First stop at a bluff bank by the dam resulted in 6 bass. No monsters but realy good fish. Went again this morning and caught a few but thew all had a growth problem. It seemed that all of their tails were growing to close to their heads.

I am really bummen today as I keep getting updates from the guys as they are crossing the border right now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What a evening I had today. Went out around 5 and battled the big boats. "They Won" almost got sea sick but finally made it to a spot away from the main traffic. Lower back in much pain big boats a pain. Don't care for the Jet Skies either. But they have their rights too I guess but i don't have to like it. Just a few more weeks before things start getting back to normal thank god.
    Now for the fishing part. Fish a 10 inch worm for about 20 hours and caught one bass. I was thinking about going home but KI kept thinking there must be somthing that they will eat. Tied on a drop shot worm and for about 2 hours I wore them out on the same bank that I had just fished. I had 9 keepers around 3 and lots of good fish. Great somertime pattern that I have failed to go to when the fishing gets tought. Mistake on my part. i was fishing a bluff bank my boat was sitting in 70 feet of water just a cast away from the bank by the dam. I would drag the rig down the bluff face and it would fall from one ledge to another. The fish were holding around the 20 to 30 foot range.

Water temp is 89 and the water is pretty clear.
    Have a great time fishing
    Catch Hogs!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did not fish 20 hours just 20 before eI tried somthing diffrent. quote:Originally posted by Liv2Fish
    What a evening I had today. Went out around 5 and battled the big boats. "They Won" almost got sea sick but finally made it to a spot away from the main traffic. Lower back in much pain big boats a pain. Don't care for the Jet Skies either. But they have their rights too I guess but i don't have to like it. Just a few more weeks before things start getting back to normal thank god.
    Now for the fishing part. Fish a 10 inch worm for about 20 hours and caught one bass. I was thinking about going home but KI kept thinking there must be somthing that they will eat. Tied on a drop shot worm and for about 2 hours I wore them out on the same bank that I had just fished. I had 9 keepers around 3 and lots of good fish. Great somertime pattern that I have failed to go to when the fishing gets tought. Mistake on my part. i was fishing a bluff bank my boat was sitting in 70 feet of water just a cast away from the bank by the dam. I would drag the rig down the bluff face and it would fall from one ledge to another. The fish were holding around the 20 to 30 foot range.

Water temp is 89 and the water is pretty clear.
    Have a great time fishing
    Catch Hogs!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A few days makes a big diffrence. The past few fishing has really changed for me . I had several patterns going and they have gone to hell in a handbag.This time of the year things really start to change with the shad and the fish change with them. Drop shoting was real good for a few days and then like everything else it has slowed down. I caught a few on it last night but not like it has been. Looking to the back to school pattern to start in a few weeks. As the weather continues to warm and the water temp really soars. The fish will start relating to the big docks and use them to ambush the shad schools. This is a good pattern when I take people out as it usually provides lots of action for top water fisherman. If they can cast close to a dock corner without snagging the dock,the boat in the dock, the top of the dock,over the top of the dock, the boat for spaces from the corner of the dock. or me they usually get a hit. The fish or not monsters but this time of the year if it has got fins and swims it is good.

Have a great day!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A few days makes a big diffrence. The past few fishing has really changed for me . I had several patterns going and they have gone to hell in a handbag.This time of the year things really start to change with the shad and the fish change with them. Drop shoting was real good for a few days and then like everything else it has slowed down. I caught a few on it last night but not like it has been. Looking to the back to school pattern to start in a few weeks. As the weather continues to warm and the water temp really soars. The fish will start relating to the big docks and use them to ambush the shad schools. This is a good pattern when I take people out as it usually provides lots of action for top water fisherman. If they can cast close to a dock corner without snagging the dock,the boat in the dock, the top of the dock,over the top of the dock, the boat for spaces from the corner of the dock. or me they usually get a hit. The fish or not monsters but this time of the year if it has got fins and swims it is good.

Have a great day!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went out tonight an felt like i was in a steam bath. The water temp is 93.1 and the air temp is hotter. Caught a few off deep water brush piles. It started to lighting so I thought it was time to go home. I think I will get up around 4am and give it a try if the storm does not get to wild tonight. Have been catching a few shallow chasing shad in the backs of coves on a chug bug but that has been the best in the mornings.

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Catch Hogs
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Super hot here at the lake as it is all over the midwest . The water
    is 93.8 way to hot for fun fishing. Like a fool i went out last night for a couple of hours and caught about a dozen bass on a 10 inch worm. I had one keeper but the rest were just fun to catch. It was really too hot to injoy it. Got up late today but went out for a little while and caught a few on a chug bug. I am looking to the cooler weather that we are going to get next week. It seems like we have been in an oven since June. Fall fishing is just around the corner looking forward to that.
    Would love to put together a fall Musky trip here in the states. Anyone know of a good place? Looking for that secert spot that
    is not way far away for three or for days of fishing. Any help would be appericated.

Have a good one!
    Catch Hogs
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It sweems like fall is in the air. NOT!!! It has been lots nicer the past few days lows in the low 70s and higs in the 80s but the weather man said things are about to heat up again. The water tem has dropped dow about 8 degres and the fish are bighting a little better. I went out this morning and caught a half dozen bass an a worm missed a few on a *. On the way in I saw some fish suspended in 25ft of water and caught a bass a big crappie and a white on a jigging spoon. The small shad are starting to show up in schools pretty good and the bass have been busting them a little.
    The summer tourist have pretty much gone as the kids are going back to school and you can once again enjoy the lake and its peace and quiet. Weekends are still pretty wild and will stay the way for a few more weeks.
    Fall fishing is just around the corner . Looking foeward to that.
    Have a great day everyone. If you can't go fishing at least think about it!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tonight the fish won. Went out looking for some fish chasing shad found shad but no bass. It won't be long before things start heating up. The weather is still way hot and the water temp is still in the mid to upper 80s. I had some guys out Thursday and we caught a few one around 4 all on a 10 inch worm in brush. Getting tired of fishing that worm and besides that I am about out of my second 100 pack of power worms. I hate to buy another one thiis time of the year. I guess they won't spoil. Have a good one !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well it has been some time since I have fished the lake. I have been looking out for a sick mom. Hope to make it back down to the lake after labor day with luck maybe before.. Been casting in a small lake with not much sucess.

Good Fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went this morning and aall went well. I have this little spot wher the water goes in and out of a golf corse pond. The shad stack up there as the water moves back and forth. The bass were stacked up today and wanting to eat. I fished from around 6:30 to 8 and caught a t least a dozen bass. Nothing really big but if they have fins and swim it is a good time. I really missed the lake and glad to get home. The water tem has dropped from 95.8 to 81.3 and the weather forcaster is saying a cool front is on the way. I am ready to say goodby to the heat and hopefull welcome a beautiful fall. I guess the next bid fishing problem will be when the lake turns over that always kills the fishing for a few days.
    Fall turnover is when the top layer of water gets cooler than the lower level. The colder water is heavier therefore it sinks and the lower water rises. Lots of time the water changes color and it stinks too. But more than anything it makes the fishing SUCK.

Have a great weekend and good fishing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little with fair success. The fish are in the brush and in the backs of coves. I would rather catch the shallow fish but you got to do what you got to do. I got schooled last week one morning wit a wacky worm. The boat traffic is finally down wnough so you can fish and not have to wear a seat belt. That is a good thing my back can't take the rough water anymore.
    The fishing should really begin to heat up so plan a trip come on down and enjoy the lake.
    Have a great day !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow the weather has change coooooler temps are opon us. Been fishing a bunch but the catching has not been red hot. I wsent out this morning and caught several nice bass on a beavertail worm. The fish are relating to brush but diffrent piles than the summer patterns. The brush has to be on the sides of the docks rather than the ends. They are relating to shad also chasing in the evenings more each day. I am really looking forward to the white bass fishing that in can start anyday. You can catch lots of crappie if you try but they are not real big.
    Water temp is 75.6 this morning I am sure that it will be in the upper 70s before the day is over. I have to work mid day today but I am looking forward to this evening fishing.
    I hope that everyone gets a chance to wet a line before hunting season starts.

Catch Hogs!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been out of town but got back to a warm welcome. Went fishing in the afternoon. On my first cast I caught a 4 lb bass on a 10 inch worm. Fished that spot for a while with no more action the nwent to the back of my cove and caught them good. Not big fish but if they have fins and swims it is a good time.Caugh at least 20 al on a Red Eye Shad. Can't wait until tonight as the wind is light from the north and that should push more shad back. We will see I guess
    Have a great day!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing quite a bit. Note I said fishing but not catching. I have been doing OK but not really as good as I expect this time of the year. We need cooler weather to get them fired up real good. You can go out and catch them in brush piles but it is tough fishing. It seems to me that they are one hit wonders. They hit and split they about jerk the rod out of your hand then when you set the hook there is nothing there. Today will be a better day!!!
    Crappie fishing is really good but you have to weed through lots of little ones to get a limit. I caught several off my dock yesterday afternoon. I did throw them back in but Crappie filets will soon on my menu sometime this week or next. They will hit just about anything you throw. I was fishing a horsehead jig with a tube.
    White bass are hiding out someplace I have caught them real good a couple of times but they are missing in action now. Need cooler weather and wind the wind is my friend.
    Have a good day at work and remember
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Gone fishing
    Going to work later!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What a suprise I got tonight! I was jigging a spoon catching nice white bass. I was seeing quite a few fish on my locator and you could catch one on almost every drop. Someone called me on the phone just as I dropped my spoon. I don't know why but I answered it at the same time I felt a tap. I set the hook and the fight was on. I honestly thought I had hooked onto Jaws. That fish took off like it was heading for the tavern. At first I really had no idea what I had and was hoping for a huge bass but after about a half hour battle up came Mister Wiskers. Mr. Wiskers is a Blue Cat that I know will go over 40lbs. Man did he give me a battle . I was using 10 lb Bass Pro Excel line.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been catching lots of fish. Black Bass, White Bass are hitting the spoon. Been catching them is the late afternoon until dark. Got caught ou in a rain storm last night but the fish were turned on so I got good and wet. I can't beleive ther was people playing golf in the rain. You would think they had better sence than that.

Water temp is in the low 70s and the lake is clear.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    White Bass are red hot in the early evenings. I caught at least 50 tonight on a spoon. All you have to do is watch your locator for a school drop your spoon to the bottem and that is it. The whites are not real big yet but they will get bigger as the weather cools. You never know what you might catch catfish,drum,crappie,black bass everything is down there feeding up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little OK my wife way to much. Been catching lots of white bass some black bass and crappie.The bass are the hardest to catch and most of them are small when you do get one. I am sure thast the reason is because of all of the bait fish out there. The back of my cove looks like a fish farn solid fish. caught 15 Crappie of my dock before dark last night on tubes. Cooked up a batch of beer batter crappie filets last night fresh from the lake for supper. Meal fit for a king!

Water temp is still in the lower 70s
    Water is pretty clear.
    The waves from the 25 mph winds are terrible.

Have a great week all of you I am heading to Little Rock for the Short Track Nationals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been back a few days and of course been fishing too. The weather is looking more like fall and the water temp has dropped 5 degrees. The white bass are chasing in the evenings but the black bass are on the big dock corners. I would much rather fish for the blacks. They are hitting on chug bugs pretty good. I have heard that the Crappie fishing is red hot and I hope to give them a shot this evening.
    Saw a monster buck run across the back of the cove yesterday. I tyhen left for town about an hour later and he was standing in the road. He had a doe in the bush beside him and he was hot to trot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been real busy but I have been fishing as much as possible. Yes you can catch all of the Crappie you want but the size is a little small. Tube jigs work wonders over the top of brush piles. Fifty fish a day no sweat but it will take that many to get your limit of good keepers. Most of the fish are around 9 to 10 inches but bigger ones are there you just have to wade thur the small ones.

The weather has been super for this time of the year and today I am taking out a guide from Table Rock for a little fishing trip on a good lake. I am sure that I will have to eat a crow sandwich but I know no matter what we will have a great time. we paln on flipping docks and brush piles and maybe catch a good one. Yesterday I took a guest out and we caught a few fish he caught the big fish of the day. We fished some windy points and had a good time.

The water temp is in the low to mid 60s and the lake is clear for LOZ.

Have a great day
    Gone Fishin!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bass fishing sucks!
    Crappie you can catch as many as you want.
    White Bass fishing good on spoons or rooster tail.

With the recent warm temps the water temp started to raise again. This has shut the black bass fishing down for me pretty good. The wites are chasing shad in the coves but they come and they go pretty quick. It is really about being in the right place at the right timed that makes the fishing good or just ok.
    i took out a friend Crappie fishing last night and we caught our limits 15 each in less than 2 hours .The fish are red hot above brush piles just about anywhere you try to catch them. I bet we caught at least twice as many as we kept.
    Overall if you like to Crappie fish head to the lake I ireally expect the bass to really turn on in just a matter of days as the water starts to cool down again. I guess I will have to intrupt fishing season to go chase a whitetail around the woods for a few days
    Have a great day !