In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake Ozark Fishing

Comments

• Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took a doctor out this morning and made his day. He was only able to fish for about 2 hours and he caught 5 keepers. we caught all of our fish this morning slow rolling a spinnerbait. as soon as I dropped him off the sun popped out and the fishing was over for the day . I fished until noon and caught one more around 4 and a couple of short fish but as soon as the sun popped out it was over.
    Went out tonight and the bite was slow again caught 4 more bass and only one of them was a keeper.
    Water temp 51 to 63
    stained
    Good fishing
    170/831
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got back in town yesterday afternoon after being gone for almost a week. Took a couple of guest out for a couple of hours of crappie fishing. I am not much of a crappie fisherman by no means in fact not much of a fisherman just a lucky guy that gets to go a bunch. The crappie are on fire!!! Not a bunch of big ones. We had to catch a bunch in order to get a good mess. We did catch a couple of critter fish and a few bass also. The crappie are just about anywhere it seemed as long as there is P gravel brush in not necessary. Getting ready for a morning trip and we have a heck of a thunderstorm going on as we speak.This could and probably will fix things up pretty good for this trip.
    Big Bass Bash this weekend here at the lake and I have got to go out of town I might try to fish it Sunday depending on what time I make it back in tomorrow night. Evceryone I have talked to has been catching lots of bass but big ones are hard to find.

Have a great weekend
    Good Fishing
    187/814
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The crappie were on fire or was I dreaming. Good one day and slow the next. I did go out this morning with two fine gents and slow was the word. Went out this afternoon and caught a limit of crappie but it took a while. Did catch a couple of bass one was a good one the other a dink. The weather changed and the water temp dropped from 63 to 55 that fixes fishing pretty good.
    Alternator went out in my boat this evening so I will be dry docked until a new one arrives. Thank God for UPS and next day air. When alternators go out they smell real bad. Call a dealer and the cost is almost 500.00 buy on line 125.00 Only in America thank goodness for the internet.
    Good fishing!
    191/810
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lots of storms and wind rolling thru the area. Weather changing daily and no two days seem the same. Haven't got to fish the past few days.The reports I have been getting are mixed bag the crappie are real good and the bass well some are catching them real good others are not. New alternator came yesterday so today is the day to play I hope.
    Did fish Monday caught several bass in the morning on a shakey head worm.In the afternoon I caught two that weighed clost to Five and then Two that were arounf four we also had one Kentucky around two and a half. The KY fought better than the bigger largmouth they are a badd * little fish. I caught all the bigger fish on the Red Eye Sghad on a windy main lake point. Went back there the next day and caught one dink there. The water temp is in the mid 50s to lower 60s and the lake is rising.
    Good Fishing
    207/794
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a bunch until the last few days. Been catching them pretty good too. The bass are starting to hot thed zara * and that is always fun. The bigger fish have been way out on secondary points and can be caught on a Carolina rigged lizard. I am seeing lots of bigger fish suspended in about 20ft of water on the points near p gravel and think that they are just sitting ther waiting for the right moment to move up to spawn. I really hope to be there at that time as that should be unreaL. it has been raining like cr
    azy and the lake is rising and getting dirty.
    They are still catching boat loads of Crappie hope to get some of those tastey fish tomorrow.

Good Fishin
    250/751
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cool here today but the fishing was hot.It took some time to figure them out but it was worth it. Spinner bait in the AM Shakey head this afternoon. The wind was cold and the water temp was in the upper 50s.

Good Fishing
    267/734
  • Options
    _bruno__bruno_ Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Liv2Fish, I enjoy reading your updates. Next week I will be staying at the lake for a couple of days for work. Last night we stayed at The Water's Edge motel, located in Gravios Mills. We brought some poles and fished from the bank using minnows. We caught a few small bass.

We are going to be working all day but we will probably get back to the hotel around 6pm. We can only fish from the bank/ boat docks. I was just wondering if you hand any suggestions as far as bait for that area and that time of day. I'd like catch a lot more fish than what we did. Some bigger ones wouldn't hurt, but we had a blast anyway. Any help you could give me would be great. Thanks.

By the way, me and the guys I fish with also love catching crappie. That's why we used minnows the other day. We usually do pretty good with them out at Busch Wildlife in St. Charles County.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    burno, no problem would be glad to hook you up. You were really not all that far from my place but across the lake. I am on the Horseshoe Bend area of the lake 3.5 miles from the dam.
    Crappie right now can be caught about anywhere on the lake on a horsehead jig and a red and chartruse tube. I am really suprised that the minnows did not light up the crappie. I caught a limit of crappie last night in about an hour. Yes they tasted real good.
    The bass should be real good next week as the fish are starting to move to the banks for the spawn. In the area that you have been talking about I think that is already happening. Bass fisst choice is a shakey head worm second would be a Texas rigged lizard but first perfered choice would be a Zara *. Nothing better than a top water bite.
    I am scheduled to work Tuesday and Wed hopefully another day or two but should be home in the evening also. I need to make a run to Illinois sometime. However send me a PM with your tel number and your schedule and I will call you and maybe we can get together and wet a line.
    Fished a bunch the pass few days and caught several nice bass I had one that weighed 5-15 this morning on a * and I caught several nice ones on a shakey head yesterday.I would say that the bass fishing is good but is about to get super. I expect it to happen anyday.
    I have never fished at Busch but I told my son he needs to check it out. He never fishes anymore as he is in love you know. No he is busy with his business and in love.( I will be waiting on his comment)
    Lets go Fishing
    Im going anyway
    295/706
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The fishing the past few days has really changed. It seems to me that the big fish must be on the beds and are not biting. You can catch dinks but the bigger fish haved moved. Darn cold fronts and rain is not really helping too. The water tem is in the upper 50s and the lake is still pretty stained ideal spinnerbait fishing but it is not working for me. The crappie are on the move also some places you can really bang them but they are small other places you have to work for them but catch a bigger one. Caught several bass yesterday and had two keepers out of all of them. I caught some one bass that honest to god had to be no more than 4 inches on a zara * the was twice his size.
    Hope to take fellow forum member burno fishing this evening if we can get together.
    Good fishing
  • Options
    _bruno__bruno_ Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Liv2Fish, Sorry we were unable to meet up. Some day we'll make it happen. We fished the docks here around the hotel. Last night I fished for hours and only caught 1 small bass, probably the same size as the one that hit your zara *. I tried out my zara *, I'm working on learning to walk the dog. It's gonna take some more practice before I get it down.

Tonight we did great. I caught 22 fish in just a couple hours. I'd say maybe two or three of them were bluegill and the rest were crappie. We ended up catching 65 fish between the 4 of us. The crappie were hitting everything we were throwing at them. We started out with minnows, and as we began to run out I started using my dead minnows and was able to catch 4 fish off the same minnow. One guy was using a pink rooster tail, another used a medium diving crawdad lure, and i used a black and white jig. They were hitting on everything. Most of the fish we caught were just 2 feet off the bank. Some were between the docks. Most were small but I also caught the two biggest crappie that I've ever seen. I'm sure they're no monsters compared to most, but I was impressed. Overall we had a great day fishing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry also that we were not able to get together bruno. Things were just too far apart for the time allowed to go. We will get together I promise. A 15 mile boat ride each way in 3 ft waves for some reason just didn't sound to good to me for the couple of hours that we were going to be able to fish.
    Glad to hear that you were able to catch some fish off the dock. I went after work and caught some nice bass and a real nice walleye only the second one of those that I have caught here at the lake. It sure was tasty too. I ran some banks looking for some spawners and never saw a one . The weather fronts and the colder water temps are really goofing with the spawn. I caught the fish yesterday on a shakey head worm and a Red Eye shad on a windy point. I caught the Walleye on a fluke cast on a windy point in an out of control wind blown boat on the red eye also.

Got to work today bummer as you know it but have got to do something to support the habit.I put in 165.00 of gas in the boat and another 50 in oil. The oil will last a couple of weeks but the gas goes real fast. I have been using the trolling motor more and I really don't venture far from the house anymore.

Have fun fishing!
    324/677
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been seeing some beding fish but they are not of any size. I caught several fish yesterday and their tails are half gone. The fish are hitting several diffrent lures and with all about the same. Yesterday I went out around 6am and by 8:30 had caught 7 keepers all of them on a pink bubble gum worm rigged wacky weightless style fished behind the boat docks. I caught several bass on a texas rigged lizard. The afternoon bite was the same except they really liked as shakey head better than lizard. I am fishing a Zoom speed worm on the shakey head and they seem to perfer the green pumpkin with a dipped tail.
    Crappie: caught a few on a horse head jig but really didn't fish for them much. I wish I would of as Crappie filets would of been better than left over ham sandwich.

Good fishin
    343/658
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is on like Donkey Kong. the fishing here at the lake is RED HOT The fish are not monsters but you can catch all you want.Been catching the bass on the wackey worm real good and the crappie are on the banks just waiting to hit a jig.

Fishing hot work not but i got to go to work !
    Good Fishing
    380/621
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went out at 8am back at 11am caught 20 bass 7 were keepers not a bad day. Of course every day is a good day when you get to go fishing. The water temp has gotten to the upper 60s and the fish are really up and moving.
    Have a good day

Hope to be half way ther by the end of the week.
    400/601

Going samon fishing in in Lake Michigan this weekend never done it before but it should be a good time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good mornng took a friend out and wacked the bass. We had 14 keepers in 3 hours and then the sun started shining. The fish shut off like a light switch. we are going to fish a tournament this evening if the weather holds. They are predicting thunderstorms with the possibilty of large hail. If that is the case I think I will fish from the recliner. Rain Rain go away. Caught the fish on a Zara * and the bubble gum worm.
    423/578
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishing like the weather has cooled off. We have had cool rain and lots of it. The lake is on the rise and the water looks good but the water temp has dropped about 7 degres. I have been fishing but bigger fish are hard to find for me. Fished a tournament last Thursday and got I have never fished in such a storm. The tournament started at 6:30 and at 6:25 a storm hit that never let up. High winds lighting hail we had it all. We got to fish about 15 min in the 3.5 hour tournament . It was raining so hard that the automatic bilge ran constantly. We tried and you could not even tell when you got a bite. The front turned the fish off the lighting drove the fish deeper IT was horrible. It was the first tournament that I have fished in a long time and I really did not fish it. Going to give it a try this Thursday night.
    Was going to go to lake Michigan this past weekend Salmon fishing and the trip got canceled by the guide because of the weather forcast for the weekend.
    Went fishing this morning awe had sunny brite skies and the fish were not in a eating mood. Maybe this afternoon will be better.

Good Fishing
    452/549
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where have all of the ladies gone. Catching lots of male bass but the jumbo females are no where to be found. Caught 27 bass yesterday and had 11 keepers. I caught most of the fish on a buble gum wacky worm and a jig caught the others.
    Crappie fishing has slowed. Guys are still catching them but it is not on fire like it was earlier.

Water temp 63 to 67
    Clear in some arms and stained in others. Lots of floating stuff in the water as the lake is on the rise.

Good Fishin
    479/522
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing lots and catching them real good. Not woppers but some real nice fish. The fish are hitting a bunch of diffrent lures using several diffrent methids. It is almost like trying not to catch one. Last night we caught them on Zara * , Chug Bug, Speed Worm,wacky Worm, Spinner Bait and a Crankbait. The fish are on the move. I caught a few chasing shad last night and that is some thing good to see.
    Have not been crappie fishing but the real easy spawning fishing is over for them. They are starting to move under the docks and the deeper brush.
    Heart goes out to all of the people in the Joplin Mo area that was hit by that terible storm Sunday night. I know some great fisherman from that area and have not heard how they are doing. We have had lots of terrible storms this year as weel Not good Keep your eye on the sky.
    Good Fishing
    547/454
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well it is offical all of the #$%@! have decended on Lake of the Ozarks. The lake will be waave city for the next few months. For the next month during the week won't be too bad but weekends are out of sight. You have to go real early or fish real late. Fishing has been tough for me this week no the fish weren't biting it was a thing called work that caused my problems.
    Bass are biting a little bit of anything but the bigger fish are far and few between. You can catch them on a *, carolina rigged baby brush hog so that covers it top to bottom. The water is stained someplaces clear in others. Water temp is in the mid 60s
    Crappie have moved out and can be caught but the size seems to be an issue.
    Have a great holiday weekend burning daylight go to go for an hour or so before the big boats get on the move.
    561/440
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing when I can the past few days and catching them pretty good. The fish are relating to the points and can be caught on a carolina rigged baby brush hog. Some points are holding good fish some are holding dinks it seems. The ones that have good fish are not any diffrent but they are holding fewer fish. The ones that have dinks are loaded up with fish. Sure wish it was the other way around. The water temp is in the high 60s and the water is clear to stained. No report on crappie as I have not even give a try. Fishing this time of the year is hit and miss because of the boat traffic.
    Have a great time on the water be careful
    588/413
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fish are winning caught 9 this morning and one reall good one. Fish have moved and it took a little while to find them. Still eating the same bait. Did see some chacing shad this morning.. Wife has many jobs for me t o do so I better get busy.
    597/304
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been catching them real good but most of them are small. The fish like a baby brush hog but I am sure that you can catch them on many other baits. You just have to be at the right place at the right time. It has gotten super hot here and the water temp is now in the middle 70s
    Crappie fishing is not real good from what I have heard I think that they hsvr move out and suspended. That makes them hard to catch.

Catch a big one
    649/452
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishing has been pretty good and the catching has also.. Been catching the fish on points on a big jig. Zara * has been pretty good in the mornings and in the evenings on bluff banks. Caught a few heavy weights but most are small. Water temp in the 80s and the water color is 4 to 5 ft vis. Big boat and Jet Ski season opens this weekend no limit fun to shoot tough to eat..
    Have a great day...
    696/305
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Took a gentleman out this morning and taught him how to use a baitcaster. I know that he made about 100 cast and never made a big backlash. What a deal and the wind was even blowing.... We fished for 4 hours and caught about 20 bass none of them set the world on fire but we had several quality fish. Caught all of the bass today on a worm and most of them was on a watermelon seed speed worm. Did see some gents catching some crappie but the most of them were very small.

Gone fishing you should too
    729/282
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been catching them on top water pretty good in the mornings and evening.There is really not a more fun way to catch a bass. Size wise not any jumbos but we are catching a fair amount of keepers.My wife tells me size doesn't matter anyway wwell that is what she says. Getting ready to go out now hope to catch one that makes the lake go down when I take him out of the water.

have fun at your job not everyone has one
    749/250
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Waiting for my son to come to go wet a line. starting to catch bass in brush piles on a 10in worm.
    water temp high 70s and th e lake is pretty clear biggest problem is the big boats.
    758/243
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good morning everyone. Already back from my morning fishing . That must tell you how good it really was. Actually I caught a few on a shakey head but the big boys are not biting for me today. we had a big storm last night lighting city and I am sure that has give them shell shock. Water temp is in the low 80s and the lake has a weird brown tent to it but clear. Lat night the fish were on bluff ends on jugs this morning they are scattered. Crappie fishing is slow acorrind to my scorse even on minnows and the ones they are catching it takes about 5 before you get a keeper.
    I am getting ready to launch a fishing Tumbler and I hope all of you will come over to that see for the dailey read.
    Have a great day!
    763/248
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishing a little and catching a few. Trim relay went out on my big motor leaving me with me with only my trusty Minn Kota 4 miles from home. It took a while to make the trip as I fished on the way. I caught a couple of real good ones and several shorts. Did motor repair yesterday and ready to go later today. If this ever happens to you fix it yourself nothing to it. What happens is one or the other relay goes out. If it is the one that controls down not so bad.You can make it home. If it is the up one not good because your motor trims all the way up and there is nothing to get it back down. Prop out of the water no movement.They go out with no warning .All of a sudden the trim starts and there is no stopping it. This could be super bad if you were running really hard when it happened. This could cause high speed blow out and diaster could follow.
    Be careful out there
    775/226
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good night of fishing laast night. At first it really sucked then we moved to a diffrent point and bingo. I fihed a one ounce jig with a yum big dad trailer. This thing is about the size of lobster.
    leaving for work have a great day.
    788/213
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Caught 3 keepers on a big jig this morning. When the big boats woke up it was all over.
    791/210
  • Options
    cmancman Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wow i don't believe you're still talking [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little but not really catching them to good. I have been fishing some new places and they simply not working out for me. The fish are shell shocked from all of the big boats that are on the move. I hope they have a good time.

Water temp 85 and clear
    806/195
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cman
    wow i don't believe you're still talking [:)]
    Yep and still fishing almost every day. Twice once in the morning and then in the evening.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little and had a little bit of good forturn. The big boats and the jet skies have been thicker than flies on a horses * during fly time. It is hard to really describle how bad they really are. Of course being a fisherman one is expected to dislike anything other than a fishing vessel. No they really have there place as much as the fisherman they just need to have a little commen sense. The water temp is in the mid 80s and the lake has a slight green tinge to it. The fishing is spotty when you catch one you usually can catch a couple. Brush piles seem to be the ticket but I did real well on a bluff bank that had a rock slide on it. I did catch what I call a jumbo this morning on a 10 inch worm. Using the calabrated arm method I say it was real close to being a 5 pounder. It was a real fighter and was full of shad. It let a few of them fly when it got into the boat . If you have not had that happen to you that is a real smelly treat. Crappie fishing is not happening at all as far as I know.
    Have a good one go fishing
    823/178
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Didn't get to go early today but I did get to go this morning for a little bit. The lake was quiet because it was raining and the fish were biting pretty good. Caught a half dozen bass in a little over an hour all on a worm. The fish are on the drop offs along the bluff banks. The rain stoped and like majic the boats were there. Hope it rains this evening the fish don't seem to mind.
    Good fishing to all
    829/171
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yyesterday and today I think somebody turned the switch off. You can catch fish but you really have to work for them. The fish when they eat are bitting a big worm. Water temp is in the mid 80s an the lake is pretty clear with a slight green cast to it.
    Have a good day
    842/159
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Early and late is about the only ticket. Went early yesterday morning and caught 2 good ones and several dinks. Bluff bank rock slides seemed to the ticket. I did catch a few on a crankbait on points over brush but they were the smaller fish.

Good Fishing
    851/150
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Weathers hot fishing not. Went out last night and caught a couple of good ones and several dinks. The catcing was not real bad but it was miserable out on the lake. I know that I had to of sweated a gallon no breeze no air it was just real hot and humid. I should of fished longer last night as the morning bite today was terrible. The dog days are upon us. I wish I could go north but that is not in the cards..
    In the process of getting a new boat and hope to finish that deal next week. I just hate to get into the payment plan again. Some of the things you just have got to do. Anyone got a crystal ball to predict the eccmeny for me. I would really like to know.

Go fish
    857/144
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Night before last I nailed them I caught 9 keepers in about 2 hours. Last night I caught 3 dinks doing the same thing but in a diffrent place. Both were brush piles one was better than the other. Both were is a similar location. Who knows Water temp is in the 90s and it is hotter than hot.
    869/132
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been gone for a week and no fishing. I will cure that problem tomorrow morning for sure. You don't really know how much you miss something until its gone.