In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake Ozark Fishing

Comments

• Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will deer season starts tomorrow so I have to put fishing on hold for a few days. Went out this morning and caught a few nice bass. The whites are chasing shad in the back of the cove but i did not try them real hard as I am on a time line. My wife seems to think that I have got to help her sometimes. What is she thinking? I have a wonderful life and a wonderful wife.
    Been seeing some real nice bucks chasing does in the area I hope they are doing the same down at the far. The weather is going to change overnight and I am sure that it will be so windy tomorrow the bords will be walking.It might stir the deer up a little probably not.
    Have a great day went fishing now gone hunting!
    Good luck to all!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Back from the bush. I had a good trip bagged a 8pt buck. I got my deer the first day in the first hour. I guess you could say I was at the right place at the right time. Not a monster but a good one anyway.
    Went fishing this evening and caught a real nice hybrid and a couple of whites . I also did catch a couple of largemouth and they all hit on a chug bug. The water temp in now in the lowe 60s and the lake is clear. I hope to get out again tomorrow night because I did see quite a few chasing shad. I don't know how many nice days we have left. Looks like iut could rain a little tonight we sure need it the lak has been dropping everyday.
    Deer tenderlions for supper tonight.

Good fishing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good fishing wellllll maybe maybe not. At least you can go and cast alittle. Actually I didn't get to fish but about an hour last night but I caught several fish. I guess that is not all bad. I am getting ready to go out this morning and it is a little cool. I guess that means I should dress for sucess. The water temp is now in the upper 50s and the lake is clear.

Have fun take a kid fishing !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great fishing this evening. The weather was ruff it was super windy. I caught 2 bass that were close to 5 and several other good keepers.I caught all of them is less than 5 feet of water under shad schools. I was using a Red Eye Shad. I had a great time needless to say. I think this week should be outstanding until Thanksgiving as the temp is really going to change on Thursday.

Everyone have a good short work week and if you can go fishing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little and catching the same. Went out yesterday morning it was a little nippie 27 degrees. I got to fish about 1 hour and my trolling moter shot craps cable broke I think or a stearing gear came out. I will be side lined today for a while anyway. I did however catch one bass off a main lake point on a crank bait before the problem happened.

You can still catch Crappie pretty good.

The lake temp is 56 and the water is clear majic should be happening.

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went fishing yesterday after I got my trolling motor repaired. I seems that trolling motors are not ment to crash into docks without suffering problems. Darn Plastic! I was so lucky to catch the repair man in his shop on a Sunday. Better yet to work on it as soon as I got there and had it fixed in less time than it took me to get there.
    I have had great sucess with Minn Kota trolling motors. I bet this one has a thousand miles on it with very little problems. In fact all of them have been self inflicted I think.
    Fishing part Windy was the word yesterday. I like to fish in the wind but it was so windy yesterday it was blowing the white off the whitecaps. Did catch a few bass in the back of a cove on a Red eye shad. I tried a spinnerbait and pitched a jig and craw but they are really on the shad bite. The water temp is 57 and the lake is clear. The lake has come up about a foot in the past few days from the recent rain storms.

Hope everyone is staying warm and well.

Good Fishing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Today was probably the last nice day that we are going to have in a while.Winter is on its way. The water temp today was 54 and the Bass were on the feed. I only got to fish a little but it was worth it. I had a couple of real good ones and a few shorts also. Not bad for the 3rd of Dec. I caulght the fish on white Little Norman crankbaits. I talked to several guys that are fishing a tournament tomorrow they all seemed to be catching good fish today. The weather tomorrow is going to be windy and real cold. I think I will enjoy a good fire and the company of my wife. There was a time that I would of been out there but I guess I am just getting older or smarter.
    Crappie are still biting pretty good but are running small.

Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Great updates Ed.I enjoy reading your "Fisherman's Journal"!![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Didn't get to go fishing for the past few days bummer. It has been pretty nippie aand windy too. I have had to actually work this week also. I did go to Bass Pro in Springfield yesterday. God do they have the goodies. I did buy a new rod that I can't wait to fish with. It is made by Temple Creek Outfitters. I have used Allstar,StCrox and Falcon rods for the past few but this rod really caught my eye and I just could not leave the store without it. Will it catch more fish? Who knows or should I say Hell No.Do I need another rod no but I sang a Christmas song to myself to make me feel better about it. So that makes ir all OK. I bought a couple of jerk baits also they are real proud of them too.
    Been looking at new boats also it is down to who is going to give the best deal now. My old boat is still got lots of good trips left in it but sometimes you just get the itch.
    Hope to get out on the water today as it is going to be almost 50 but they another front comes in and the temps are going to drop big time.

Have a good day !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I actually use the past info for refrence too. Come go fishing Lake Ozark is a great place to fish. quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Great updates Ed.I enjoy reading your "Fisherman's Journal"!![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow toooooo darn cold for me to go fishing! Tomorrow it is going to be warmer above freezing anyway. I hope to go wet a line. I have heard that they are starting to hit jerk baits but I have not had a chance to go out. The holiday season is here got some new fishing goodies and my wife has given the OK for a new boat. All I have to do is figure out how to pay for it. I have been looking at some really nice Rangers. All of the new boats are real nice but they are really proud of them also. I think new boats then I look at the old Gambler on the lift and it looks better all of the time. I hate to see it go lots of memories you know.

Stay Warm !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good fishing today !!!
    Water temp 46
    Air temp seemed a little cooler but I think it was about the same.
    Cloudy with a north wind about 10 to 15.

Got a Calcutta fishing reel from my son for Christmas and my Inlaws teamed it up with a Triple Fork Outfiters rod. It made up a great combo. I spooled it up today and gave it a test drive. Great setup!
    I put on some 10 lb test and ht a windy bank. On the third cast I caught a 2.5 lb bass and the action kept it interesting for the next few hours. I caught 5 keepers and 2 shorts the shorts were around 14 inches. I had several other hits but I guess I was asleep at the reel and they just plain got off. None of he fish were monsters but they were all quality fish. It is the midwest and it is Dec 21 I guess I should be glad I even got to go. Hope to get to fiish again tomorrow afternoon and then the weather is going to turn again.

Have Fun!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Burrrrrrrrrrrr is the word. Just got in caught some nice bass on a couple of diffrent lures. Missed several asleep at the reel again but it was between shivers I guess. The weather today is not great but not really to bad I wish we would of had cloud cover. It is 41 and the water temp is 45. The problem is the wind is from the east. As the saying goes the wind from the east the fish bite the least.Did catch another big drumb today on a jig it was I guess close to 15 lbs. Boy they really fool you when you set the hook. They are a * to get off when they suck a jerk bait way down. Their mouth is like a big piece of rubber. Probaby won't get to fish much more as the weather is going to get ruff and the holidays and all but i will try to go if and when I can.
    Everyone have a Merry Christmas and I hope you get somthing under the tree that you can use on the water. Have Fun!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yesterday sucked and today looks great but I have got to work. It is going to be great the next few days here.I wish I could fish but I am going out of out of town for a few days. Any of you guys live in Tulsa Oklahoma?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yesterday afternoon took the neighbor out and all we did was haul water. I ended up catching 2 jumbo Crappie and he snaged a shad. I caught the crappie on a suspending jsrk bait. The water temp is 44 and the air temp was in the upper 30s. We fished for a couple of hours but the odds were against us. We had clear blue skies and slick water. The bite is really tuff under those conditions. It really seems the worse the weather the better the fishing. I guess that is the reward for being out there.
    The shad are really bunching up in fact I have had scools so thick that it has fooled my locator into thinking that they arte the bottom. I have been is 30 plus feet of water and the lotor thinks that it is in 10 to 12 that is how thick the school is. I would not believe it if I had not seen it.

Have fun you only live once !
    GO FISHNG!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is cold here at the lake . The only thing that I caught the last time out was a good cold and it is a real dandy.

I watched some fishing shows this morning and now I feel the need to go buy some new tackle.OFF TO BASS PRO I GO ! Have a great day and stay warm.

I did catch some jumbo crappie on a jerk bait while bass fishing the other day. The crappie were suspended over the top of some brush on a ledge.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tooooooooooooooo cold to fish today ! I am out of town anyway but I have heard back at the the lake the weather is really ruff. I talked to a couple of guys that fished this past weekend and thay say they tore them up. They caught them over the tops of deep brush dead sticking suspending jerk baits. Now that is my kind of fishing . That is so slow of fishing that you can eat a sandwich during the cast. No not really that slow but when you think you are fishing slow enough slow it down even more. The lake is clear in the areas I fish the most with the water surface temps in the lower 40s. Hope to hit the lake next week and have some fun.

Getting ready to go fishing is almost as good as going Naw Not Really!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I caught a big one and I wish it would of got away. Cold that is! I got a world class cold and it is just now starting to get better. I hope to get out before the lake freezes over but it is moving my way fast. I need some warm weather and sun to make me better.

Have a good one stay warm.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finslly felt like fishing today. Sick call Sucks!!!!!!!Went out today as the weather was OK it was in the upper 30s and the water temp was 36. They have been dropping the lake to get to winter pool. The water color is great for jerk bait fishing. I fished for about 2 hours and caughet 2 keepers and my neighbor caught one keeper. I had several fish get off on me about half way to the boat. I really didn't expect much as we had no wind and the water was like glass. We also had mile high skies not the best of fishing days. The fish were in shallower water than I expected 8ft close to a drop.

Fishing is always a good time it is just sometimes a little more fun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been wanting to go fishing real bad. Tried to go yesterday that was a big mistake. It was 32 and the very cloudy with a chance of rain snow, sleet but no hail.I had my mind made up I was going fishing. After I slid down my dock walkway and got the boat in the water I remembered that I had forgot my boat keys in the house. I went back up and got the keys as I was walking sliding down to the boat I thought I felt rain drops. Still going fishing I headed out. After a not so warm of a boat ride I put the trolling motor in the water and at the same exact time it startd to rain so hard that ducks might have drowned. Needless to say I got real wet before I could get into a boat dock. I sat in a dock now starting to shiver waiting for the rain to stop. when the rain slowed down a little I pulled out and fished two diffrent brush piles without a bite.Thinking this was real stupid I headed home without even so much as a bite. I was out an hour and a half made about a dozen cast and got wet. It is not always great living at the lake.
    It is snowing real hard we have already got at least 3 inches and the weather channel says it is not snowing here at the lake yet.
    No fishing today or tomorrow They say we have a Blizzard coming. Homebound for sure today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The lake is frozen over harder than woodpecker lips. Not hard enough to go ice fishing but enough so that you can't get your boat off the lift. We have 50s in the forcast for the weekend and next week hopefully this is the first signs of spring YEA RIGHT. Had to have a Bob Cat come in and clean my drive as last weeks storm dropped 24 inches here. I don't know how the people up north take this. I guess I am getting more of a fair weather man.

Just a few more weeks and then things will open up I am sure. I am really wishing that I was fishing.

Have a great day everyone......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking like some fishing later this week. The snow is going but the ice is still here. Hopefully with the warmer temps that we are going to get it will break up a little. Just give me a hole big enough to float my boat and i will be happy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ice is gone and the fish are biting ! Went yesterday and caught 3 keepers about 2 lb each and 3 shorts . The guy I took caught two good ones that weighted say 4lb or a little better each. I caught mine on a suspending jerk bait and and he caught his on a Red Eye Shad.He was using a swim and drop retrieve. The weather wasn't the best yesterday for fishing but at least it was warm. Today the weather looks good but the air is cooler. Housework is done so it is time to go wet a line.

Good fishing!

Water temp is 37 to 42.1
    Clear to not so clear is the best way I can put it . Good fishing color for this time of the year.
    Lake is 6 foot low from normal pool.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Little wimdy out there today we had 20 to 30 mph winds. It was hard to hold the boat and work the bait correctly. I fished a couple of hours this morning and caught three bass one of them was a good one and the other two were fun to real in. I watched the great American race for a while and then tried it again. Caught two more and one of them was about four pounds. All of the baas were on the jerk bait today. I did throw a Jig and a Red Eye a little. The weather is going to cool down a little this week but i think I will be able to try it again sometime. Last year at this time the water was hard. The best fishing of the year will be in the next ten weeks.

Good Fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to go today for a little while. Fishing was really pretty good for this time of the year. I caught one real nice one and the rest were fun to catch. The weather was great and I really enjoyed fishing without a heavy coat. The water is not real clear but clear and the water temp is 40.1.

Good fishing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to go for a couple of hours today. Fishing is very slow I caught 3 bass and 3 crappie all on jerk baits. The water temp is 41 to 43 and the color is clear to lightly stained. I would of bedt money that we could of really nailed them but that was not the case. Not having a real good year so far but things will start getting each day.

Catch Hogs
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yesterday was one slow day on the water. I fished more than I should of (Wifes Birthday)and I guess the big man put the hex on me. Idid end up catching 4 bass but it took some time. The fish are located over brush piles and you have to smack them in the face to get them to bite. The water temp is still in the lower 40s. I have heard mixed catches but good things are yet to come. Jerk bait seems to be the bait of choice and until the water warms more it will probably stay that way. Got to work today and then have a house full of guest for the weekend . The weather is going to turn to crap so that really doesn't bother me too much. Well maybe it does
    Have a great day!
    The Quest
    30/971
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This afternoon I finally made it out on the lake. Fished in the cove I live in and had a good day. I did catch the biggest bass of the year so far. I caught 8 bass had 5 keepers and the biggest bass weighed 6lbs4oz. Fished for about 3 hours with only 1 small bass. I then moved to another location found a little clearer water and then found som e active fish. The water is 41 to 43 and you can see down about 18 inches. Not good jerk bait color. Caught all the fish but one on a Mega Bass jerk bait in Table Rock shad. My partner nevr caught a fish today. I am very lucky as my son has come down to fish the next couple of days. We are really going to hit it hard and hopefully catch a real big one over the next couple of days.

Good fishing
    38/964
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to go fishing with my son yesterday. He caught the biggest fish of the day but I caught the most. It is always great to fish with him. The fishing was a little slow but it was nice weather and just a great day to be out. They had dropped the lake about 6 inches or more overnight and that had to have an affect on the fish. The lake temp is 41 to 44 and the water is stained with the best we could find you csee about 18 inches deep. The water would be great for a spinnerbait bite if the weather was just a little warmer. We had 8 bass between us and a couple of crappie. We caught all of our fish on a jerk bait. FLW is holding a 3 day tournament at the lake here and as usual someone has over a 4 lb average. I looked at the Thursday results and had enough fish to be in the top 15 but Friday well I would of been 15 from the bottom maybe. Oh well today is another day!

Take a kid fishing I am today and will love every minute of it.
    43/958
  • Options
    edited November -1
    fished the past 3 days with my son and had a wonderful time. Saturday was slow but I did catch a few. The fishing was great however the catching was not so good. I got blanked yesterday morning and he caught 2. I am sure that i will get reminded of that several times. Great time. Looked outside this morning to a white ground but this has to be the last of it . Thursday it is going to be in the upper 70s.
    Got to clean the drive and go to work have a great day.

Take aan old person fishing you just might learn something.

47/954
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Water temp 44 to 48 depends where you are and the water is stained. caught 14 bass today and I caught all of them on a jerk bait. Hasd a couple of real nice ones and the rest were fun to catch. The fish are on the move and the next few weeks things are really going to start happening. I talked to several people that were catching crappie real good and I think tomorrow I will try to get a mess.

Take a kid fishing
    65/940
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beautiful weather here at the lake today. The water temp is on the rise. Found some 50s today in the backs of coves and the bass were waiting to eat. Caught a few good ones but most of them were short. Lots of big tournaments here this weekend lots of fisherman all over the place.
    Good Fishin
    75/926
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing every chance I get just not enough chances. The weather has been great and the water temp is on the rise. Have been fisding quite a bit of water in the upper 40s and lower 50s. The fis had been starting to move shallower and were starting to bite. The lake is now on the fall again and they say they are going to drop it 4ft by the end of the week. The temp is going to drop as well. That will fix the start of somthing good for a while. Went out this morning before work and caught 4 bass yesterday I was the multi species man. I caught some crappie several nice bass snagged a shad and caught a catfish about 20 lbs. All the while fishing for bass ona jerk bait. The catfish broke my heart as I thought I had tagged jaws the lunker of all bass. When you see the wiskers you know what you have got. Oh well if they have fins and swim they are fun to catch.

Have a great time thinking about fishing !
    Don't just think about it go!
    87/914
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rain Snow Sleet and Hail do you think fishing is good? Not bad if you can brave the elements.Been a slow week of fishing When a lake is in your back yard it is not hard to fish a little a lot of times. You just have to fiqure out how to sneak out without anyone knowing about it. Went yesterday around 2 and caught them real good. The weather was in the upper 30s and the water temp was in the mid 40s but the bite was on. Big fish are on the move. I had on that would go aver 6 and several over 4. Good day by anyones standards. The fish are hitting several baits now but the jerk bait and jig are my lures of choice. Jerk bait was a shad pattern Lucky craft and the jig a green pumpkin. I think today will be a couch day as we have a winter storm watch today. Hey don't they know it is spring time.

Catch a big one
    Come go fishing
    102/899
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to go for a couple of hours today. It was cold and looked like rain in fact it started raining when we came in. The water temp is still in the mid to upper 40s suprising to me as we have had nothing but ciold weather for the past few days.The lake is still dropping also it is now down to 654 which is about 6 ft down from summer pool. I guess they are thinking about spring rains. The lake is not real clear you can see about 12 inches. Today I caught 4 fish on a crawdad crankbait they all really hit it hard. One of them was a big old drum Rubber lips as I call therm they are a * to get off your bait. They are slimly ans stink. I had several bites on a jig but never caught a one of them. I guess I was asleep at the reel. Hope to fish tomorrow but I will probably have to work. It is big fish time here at the lake. It takes a 5 fish limit of 20 plus lbs to get get a check in the touraments.

good fishing!
    105/896
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Water not looking too good fished a little today and caught a couple nice ones. Weather they say is going to get warmer and hopefully this wil be the last of the cold. Yea right!
    water temp is 46 to 49.
    Have a great day
    107/894
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Installed a new battery charging system in the boat yesterday. I had been having trolling motor problems and finally figured out the problem (I Think) The compartmwnt that it went into is so small it is a pain to work in. You have lay on the back deck and work standing on your head. Not only that but you are working on a boat lift and anything you drop goes deep diving. Hope to fish today a little but I have lots of work. Hey wait a minute I thought when you live at the lake you are like on vaction all of the time. I guess I thought wrong!I know that I work more now than I ever did.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to fish today for a couple of hours. The wind was terrible however the wind is your friend not always the best friend but a good one. The wind was from the south around 25 and the secondary points that they were blowing into had fish on them.I caught a even dozen bass today the biggest one weighed in at 5lb9ozI had another one that was close to five. Most of the fish came off a Red Red evy shadand a few were on a jig. Got to work tomorrow so the boat will have to stay at home.

Water temp lower 50s and stained. I know that in a real short time the soinnerbait bite should be outstanding .So if you like to catch them head to the lake the time is near........

Crappie fishing is ok you have to catch a bunch of them to get a limit as this is the year of the short fish. Next year wil be great keeper crappie fishing. Lots of fish this uear are in the 8 to 9 size.

Good Fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Forgot to add something
    119/882
    quote:Originally posted by Liv2Fish
    Got to fish today for a couple of hours. The wind was terrible however the wind is your friend not always the best friend but a good one. The wind was from the south around 25 and the secondary points that they were blowing into had fish on them.I caught a even dozen bass today the biggest one weighed in at 5lb9ozI had another one that was close to five. Most of the fish came off a Red Red evy shadand a few were on a jig. Got to work tomorrow so the boat will have to stay at home.

Water temp lower 50s and stained. I know that in a real short time the soinnerbait bite should be outstanding .So if you like to catch them head to the lake the time is near........

Crappie fishing is ok you have to catch a bunch of them to get a limit as this is the year of the short fish. Next year wil be great keeper crappie fishing. Lots of fish this uear are in the 8 to 9 size.

Good Fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to fish way more than a person should this week. Life is good and work is well lets say slow.
    Tuesday I took a friend that is a guide on Table Rock and well we really did not tear them up we caught a few fish. I won't say who caught what but within the first two ninutes someone caught several nice fish one of them weighed over 5 and the other one was 3.5. The day really started out good for one of us but the other one struggled at first. Fishing really stopped from about 9 to 1 then got going again but never really super. Good fun trip with an amazing person. Before dinner he told my wife that I seined the banks and mumbled about getting rear ended all day. I really don't know how that possibly could of happened.But he did make some kind of comment before we left that day about taking me to school the last time we fished together. The wind was terrible 25 to 40 the lake was rough and the fishing was so so but all in all a great time. I caught all of my fish on a Red Eye Shad
    Wednestay I went out by myself and caught 5 keepers and some shorts and then things went south. Went home around 9 and then back out in the afternoon. I would of caught almpst as many fish on the couch as i did in the boat. Water temp in the low 50s. They would not touch Old red eye in the afternoon.
    Today I took a a guy that is prefishing for a tournament this weekend and we started out good then it dropped off aroud 9 again and then we struggled until noon.He caught one that weighed 4-14 and I had a couple of 3s. This afternoon I took out another older gentleman and WE NAILED THEM. we went out aroud 4 and was back in by 6:30. We never left my cove and caught all the fish on a spinnerbait. The fish are moving up and are staged in about 6 to 8 ft of water. They have to have deep water near by and they like chunk rock it helps to have P gravel near by. It has been a great 3 days and tomorrow well I have to do my housekeeping before i hit the lake. You can work before it gets light can't you.
    Broke two rods and one reel lost a few baits oh weel life is good.

Have a good one
    159/842