In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake Ozark Fishing

Comments

• Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good morning all. Fishing yesterday was tough but i am recharged and ready to try again. Got some weather changes in the near future and I welcome them. Just maybe that will be the ticket..

Hey check out my still under construction site.Still looking to get to the modern age.

www.bigedsguideservice.com

1414/86
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    Nice website, I would love to go fishing out there someday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the good comments on the site. My son has been working on it for a while and it is work in progress. You need to come on down to the lake and lets go fishin.
    1420/80
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haven't got to fish much. When it rains it pours andd it is rainging outside right now. I did get to fish a few hours monday afternoon and actually caught them pretty good. I had four keepers and one was a five pounder. I caught the biggest fish on a jig and the and most of the rest of the fish on a *.
    The weather has changed cold wind is blowing and it is raining. The water temp was in the mid 60s monday I am sure that with the current weather conditions the temp should nose dive.This should really get the fish moving to the backs of the coves and when that happens the fun begins. The bigger bass have been suspened with the shad and just not really doing much.Hope to get to fish a little today but who knows what the day will bring.
    Have a good one
    1428/72
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went fishing a little the past few days and the fish are biting pretty good. The water temp is now in the lower 60s and the lake is clear. Caught fish on a * and a jig yesterday and today on a DD22 crankbait. The wind is blowing from the south today hope to get to out more a little later. have a great day. Been posting some pictures on www.bigedsguideservice.com so take a look.
    Have a great day
    1454/46
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Caught fish on the DD22 again yesteday but not any good ones. It is amazing how some bass think that they can eat a lure twice as big as they are. Caught a few on a jig and * but the fish are really scattered. Just getting light need to go fish an hour or so.
    Water temp 62 and all diffrent clear colors.
    1464/36
    Getting close to that 1500 bass goal should do it this week.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1480/20
    20 more to go hope to hit it later today. My wife seems to think that i need to do her job list besore i hit the water. Guess i better do it as we are leaving on a little get away tomorrow. You know she has the power of the money among other things. Happy wife happy life you know how that goes.
    Have a great day
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to fish last late afternoon yesterday and found a shallow water top water bite. The fish were in water less than 2 feet deep working shad. All of the fish came on a Zara * except for one that ate a worm off the end of a shallow dock. The five best fish would of gone 18 plus pounds. Sure wish I would of had more time to fish more of the same. Did not catch a bunch of fish but the ones that were biting were good ones.
    Water Temp 62 63
    Clear
    weather rained all day off and on the last hours of the day the rain stopped and the sky cleared it was in the upper 50s and the wind was light.
    1488/12 Just 12 more to go and I can't fish for the next couple of days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to interrupt fishing for a few days of sitting up in a tree. Hope to get a deer quick so I can get back to my true love fishing. Looks like the weather will be better for fishing than hunting this weekend also. Oh well going to get to spend some time with the son. That is the best thing. Have a great weekend.
    1490/10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finally did got number 1500 bass today. My wife asked me if I was going to go for 2000. Hell no next thing I am going to try for is a hole in one. Giving up fishing and taking up golf. Not really I think I will try for 1750 but that would be tough. Who knows it has been fun. I had a terrible time catching the last five I was wanting the last ones so bad that i was all thumbs.
    Deer hunting went pretty good got an nice 8 pointer and a button buck opening day afternoon. Deer season over for me pretty quick Having the buck made into sausage and the young one I made steaks and roast. Filets are really good had some today.
    Have a great day
    1500/ 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    For now anyway
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    Congrats on catching 1500 and nice job on shooting your deer. You got any pictures of them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Edgecam: Thanks for the props. I do have pictures but have never fiqured out how to post them on here. I know people have put posting instructions on here but I have tried and it never seems to work for me. I will post them on my site www.bigedsguideservice.com so please check that out. Again thanks for the props I appreciate it.
    Colder weather around the next few days.
    Water Temp low 60s
    Water color pretty darn clear.
    Seeing lots of shad in the backs of coves but not on the surface. Fish are hitting a * or a crankbait. Yesterday i know i had 15 to 20 bass blow my * and I was so jumpy that I would jerk it away from them. As you probably know when fishing a * always wait until you feel the weight of a fish before you set the hook. I was jerking on the splash a real rookie mistake.
    The baits that I probably caught the most of the 1500 on

Have a great one
    1500/0000000000000
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tried something new today and it worked. I have been having problems loosing fish on a * once they were on. Factory hooks normally work pretty good for me but with all of the get offs I had to try something diffrent.I was going to replace the hooks with a number 4 Gamakatsu treble hook. The owner of the bait shop suggest I try a Spintech rotating treble hook. I caught nine bass on the * tonight and did not have a single fish throw the bait. I can't wait until tomorrow so that I can try it again. for more information on the hook check out www.spintechhooks.com they really work.
    1510/ who know maybe 1750
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Burrrrrrrr is the word this morning. i would like to go fish for a little bit before breakfast but I don't know if i have it in me. Been catching fish still in the backs of coves shallow. Water temp is in the uipper 50s and the lake is clear. This week the weather is looking good for great fishing.
    Nort very many people out fishing as deer season is in and that combined with the colder weather. People are staying at home.
    Good Fishin
    1526/224
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to finally go out in the afternoon for a little bit. The fsih are changing a little but that could be because of the weather. I fished a jerk bait yesterday and caught some pretty good ones on it. I was not dead sticking it I was moving the bait real eratic and pretty fast. The fish seem to be scattered and not holding to anything particular. Want to fish a little today but I think the wife has other plans. She is getting a little bold I think this is the third or fourth time she has givin me a job this year. Go figure!
    Happy Wife Happy Life
    have a great day
    1536/214
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not catching a bunch of fish but the ones that are biting are hungry and good ones. the fish kind of quit the top water bite for me so I moved out and started fishing a jig. that was a smart move on my part. The fish are in about 15 to 20 foot of water. The bite is very light so you really have to pay attention. I had 9 keepers today. the weather was super cloudy windy and in the low 40s not a pleasent day on the water and really tough to feel the bite. A good rod and florcarbon line really helps. I am fishing a 5/16 ounce jig and a zoom mangnum finess worm trailer. It looks like an old school jig and eel.
    Water temp upper 50s and the lake is clear
    1547/203
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another good day on the lake. Caught 11 good bass today all on a jig. The fish seem to bite for about fifteen minutes then they take a break. The fish are in brush in 15 foot of water. The fish are really hungry as they are sucking the jig down but the bite is light. It is really hard to detect the strike. The sun finally poke out this afternoon and then the fish seemed to quit. It is going to get warmer for the next few days and plenty of sunshine. Hopefully the shad will come back up and things will get real good. It is good fishing but not great fishing.
    Good Fishing
    1558/192
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Over slept and in a hurry. Got to go shopping and hope they have some Black Friday deals. The bait shop opens this morning at 7 an
    I dont want to stand out in the cold. I need a couple of packs of jig trailers and hopefully the shelves will still be stocked. Peopele are crazy to stand out in the cold to spend money. I went one time just for fun and when the store opened people grabbed stuff like crazey and fought over junk in the front of the store. In the back isles they had hugh piles of the same things at the same price.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had a couple days of amazing fishing. The fish are really feeding up for the winter. I caught 21 bass Friday one of them a good one 6lb 2oz and several that would of went around 4. On Saturday the weather was terrible with it raining almost all day. I fished just about any time I could and caught 17 bass. No monsters but several good fish. Then the wind changed and the temperature dropped like a rock. Fished today with 20 mph north wind and the temp in the upper 30s I ended up catching a limit of keepers and five nice bass. It has really been strange as none of the fish are dinks. Most of the fish were caught on a jig with a few on a spinner bait. GBood time o be on the water but you have to dress for it. Done for the weekend tomorrow is another day.
    1608/142
    Water temp 56.5
    Lake is clear
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It only got into the upper 30s today and we had a light wind from the north. To cold to go fishing naw went anyway. Fished from around 8 to 1 and yes it was cold. The fishing was slower than it had been but still good. Ended up catching 8 bass one weighed 4lb 9oz I had 3 that made the 15 to 16 inch and the rest were average. OK they were dinks. Good time but I was glad to come home and sit in front of the fire. It is going to get real cold the next few nights and not get to warm during the day. We shall see what that will bring.

Have fun stay warm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got to go for an hour yesterday afternoon. The wind was blowing strainght into the my cove. Went back to the flat in the rear.Threw a spinnerbait nothing. Then on the way out there is a little secondary point changed to a jig bingo a 2.5 lb Kentucky next cast a 4 pound largemouth missed a couple of fish broke off a jig. came back to the point after getting blown down the lake 100 yards while retieing caught another keeper. changed locations and got into the white bass. Caught a few of those things and one big drum on a spoon.

• Options
    edited November -1
    the past few days the fishing went south. The weather changed to sunny,warm and zero wind. Beautiful weather for everything but fishing. The fish just flat stopped biting for me. This is the last of the good weather according to the forcast the wintet stuff is just around the corner.
    good fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    2 Today the fishing should of been great but for me it wasn't. I guess I was holding my mouth wrong. Really didnt fish that long as it started raining and i didn't have my rain suit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cold and snow is the word. It never got over 30 today but i still had the need to go out for a few hours. The ice was freezing up in my rod guides but the fish were biting. The water temp is in the low 50s and the lake is clear. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is the word.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Still cold but a warm trend is going to come in Sunday. The water temp is still in the lower 50s . Fished a little yesterday and I caught a few but missed more than I caught . The extra clothes you have to wear make my reaction a bunch slower. (Excuses) Hope to go a little today.
    Have a good weekend
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cold weather fishing sucks. At least for me right now. went today and caught 6 all on a jig. The fish are relating to deep shad and hanging out on drops. The weather never got out of the 30s and burrrrrrrrrrrrrr is the word. In the house now thawing out thinking the warming trend next week will really be nice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fished yesterday and it was terrible. I need to rethink my fishing because what I doing is not working. hope to make a good adjustment today.
    water temp low 50s and the lake is clear
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just came in from a fair morning of fishing. It was colder out there than I thought it would be. Caught 6 bass on a jerk bait and then the clouds went the sun came out and the fishing stopped. Then it really got cold. It is amazing when you are catching them you dont feel the cold. Hopefully this afternoon will be better. The water temp is still in the low 50s and the lake is clear. It rained here almost all day yesterday and the fish must of stayed hidden. had a tough day and got real wet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Little colder today but i have got to go out and try them for a little while at least. The fishing yesterday was pretty good considering it was the 20th of Dec. The water temp is just under 50 and the lake is clear. It looks as if the lake has come up a foot overnight so that will make thisg interesting today.caught 11 bass yesterday from the top to the bottem. caught fish on a Zara * and a Jig. the jig fish seemed to be bigger but the * fish are more fun to catch. The 11 I caught brings my yearly total to 1710 all released alive to bite another day.
    Have a great day going going gone fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went out this morning and caught a bunch of Crappie. they really have to be biting for me to catch them. I found the fish on a big Condo dock and they were hungry. The fish were biting a red and chartruse i/16 ounce jig. The fish were suspended in 20 foot of water and you could actually see them come up and hit the jig. They quit biting as soon as the wind started. Not really sad about that as the air temp is 36 and the wind got cold. I am not sure that they quit biting or it became impossible to feel the light jig. Anyway headed home and now i am warming up by a fire.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Caught the tar out of the Crappie yesterday. Good Fishing Great Eating. Everyone have a very Merry Christmas
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rain Snow Sleet No Hail thank God was the weather conditions. But like some kind of idiot I went fishing. Caught a couple of bass one was a good one. On the way in I stopped on my Crappie hole and they were stacked up like cord wood again. Had to catch a few you know. Going to take a man out tomorrow an he wants to sack them up.
    Water Temp 47.6
    Lake is clear but on the rise.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well the year is about to end and the fishing is also. Here we are having some upper 50s weather for the rest of the year. Bummer is I will be out of town. It has been a great year I have caught a bunch of bass and had a lot of fun. I started this counting thing last year in Jan. Now I am out of time and finished he year with 1716 bass caught and released alive. Made my first goal of 1001 with ease then moved it up to 1500. Finally last goal was 1750 and I knew that was going to be tough. Tried really hard but then it became an obsession. I fished in weather that was horrible I fished when I had jobs to do I fihed every minute I could. Never will I do anything like that again.... Sure does look nice outside maybe I can sneak in a couple of cast before I have to leave.... Happy New Year!
    Ed
    www.bigedsgudeservice.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy New Year everyone. Windy and cold outside today think I will stay in and stay warm. Hoped everyone has an outstanding New Year
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Going to be in the 60s today so I better go swet a line. Been fishing the past few days. Catching lots of crappie but the bass are hiding from me. Maybe today could be the day. Hazppy New Year to all. Go fishing as much as you can because you never know when the big one will bite.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Crappie fishing is still real good when you find the fish. Bass fishing is not so go and I can't find them. The weather the past few days has been unreal for this time of the year in the midwest. The water temp is still in the mid to upper 40s. Time to work on your tackle and get ready for the spring but it is hard to do that when you have a beautiful day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Back from the races and the weather is going to be great today. Think Crappie will be on the menu tonight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little and not really catching. The crappie are biting real good somedays but not everyday. They are suspended off the ends of docks and will hit a tube pretty good. The bass are said to be biting but they sure aren't for me.
    Water Temp 43.5 and pretty clear

I am going to be working a few boat shows in Feb come by and say hey if you are from that area. I would like to meet you.
    St Louis: Nameoki Marine booth
    Omaha: Lake of the Ozarks booth
    Wichita: Lake of the Ozarks booth
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little but not as much as I want to. i had a boat mishap yesterday and I guess I will be sidelined for a couple of weeks. The air pump seized up and it smoked the motor. Thank god for warranty. My wife is happy she says I will get a few jobs done around here. Fishing here at the lake has been pretty good the bass are on the jerk bait. water temp 43.6 and the lake is clear.