In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake Ozark Fishing

Comments

• Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went out tis morning before it got to hot les and caught it is going to get above a hundred today. Caught fish couple chasing shad pretty good on a Zara * until the sun started coming up. Most were dinks but fun to catch. Move to some deeper brush and caught a few better ones on a 10 inch worm. I think I will spend the rest of the day laying on the couch letting my wife fan me with palm leaves and feeding me grapes. Do you think that will really happen?
    887/114
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Liv2Fish
    Went out tis morning before it got to hot les and caught it is going to get above a hundred today. Caught fish couple chasing shad pretty good on a Zara * until the sun started coming up. Most were dinks but fun to catch. Move to some deeper brush and caught a few better ones on a 10 inch worm. I think I will spend the rest of the day laying on the couch letting my wife fan me with palm leaves and feeding me grapes. Do you think that will really happen?
    887/114

Good luck with that!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been fishing a little and catching a few bass. The fish I have been catching are good quality bass but the bite has been slow. The fish are on brush and you really have to work it slow. I took two gentleman out Saturday morning and they had four keepers. One was a good four and a half maybe five. That made a good day out of somthing that I was just hoping to get a bite. This time of the year when the water gets in the 90s you just never know whst might happen. Starting to see shad schools forming on the top so with all of that food the fishing will get really tough until they start chasing them better.
    Looking forward to a vist from my son this week hopefully we will be able to atch some fish.
    899/102
    Good fishing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Caught them pretty good last night but this morning was pretty slow. We caught then chasing shad in the back of a cove that has a little running water. The bass were not big but we had several keepers on a Red Eye Shad. The weather today is great and the water temp has dropped to the mid 80s. The lake is quiet again as the kids have started back to school. This is normal this time of the year we will have one more blast for Labor Day and then it is weekends only until it gets cold.
    Have a great time fishing come to the lake.
    918/83
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Good to see the trilogy still continuing Ed...Hope y'all are gettin enough rain to keep the crappy happy...[:D]
    I ain't checked in at the hole in a while,hope alls well w/yo and yours..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Good to see the trilogy still continuing Ed...Hope y'all are gettin enough rain to keep the crappy happy...[:D]
    I ain't checked in at the hole in a while,hope alls well w/yo and yours..
    Thanks for the reply Been fishing pretty much as usual. We have more rain coming today at least the temps are better. Went out this morning and caught 4 keepers in about an hour. We have cloud cover with a front moving in. I thought the fish would be scattered but they are tight to the brush. Go fiqure! This time of the year any fish is a good fish.

Catch Hogs
    923/88
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fished last night and this morning.My son went last night and we caught a few but the bite was slow. This morning he had sink * and didn't want to get out of bed. I stuggled at first but made the call.The fishing was slow early and then around 7:30 I found some fish chasing shad. I even caught a Walleye and odd fish for me here at the lake.This is only the third one that I have caught. Good eating size and yes he is in the cooler. Next stop the frying pan.
    Good Fishing
    934/66
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good fishing last night. the weather was super cooler with a little breeze. The fishing wasn't bad either no big fish but several fish. We caught them in the back of the cove chasing shad. The action can be fast and furious and then it can stop as fast as it starts.
    The water temp has dropped almost ten degrees in the past week that helps.
    Good time
    941/60
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am excited this morning. I am going fishing and feel like a kid at Christmas. I have been out of town for several days and it is good to be back at the lake. I sure that fishing will not be red hot but one never knows.
    Have a good day
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good day on the lake yesterday. Didn't catch any big fish but I caught 26 bass. My son says if they got fins and swim they are worth catching. The small fish are chasing shad and the big fish are I have no idea.
    Water tem is in the low to mid 80s the lake is high and clear. Thank god the kids are back in school as the lake traffic has really dropped. Look out on the weekends as they are still busy.

Getting new boat next week I hope starting to get excited about that. It will be sad to see the Gambler go.

967/34
  • Options
    edited November -1
    went out this morning as usual and caught some bass on dock corners. Fishing is not the best or should I say catching is not the best. It was the nicest morning that we have had in a while. The water temp is in the low 80s and the water is clear. They have been making power so the lake is on the fall. It has dropped around 6 inches in the past few days.
    Have a great day
    974/27
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did it! I did it! Bass number 1001 hit the worm this morning. Time to have a cold one. Have a great day.
    1001 / 0000000000000000
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Took a person out Saturday and we had a decent day despite the weather. we had 4 keepers and several short fish. We cazught fish in a brush pile to start. The fish were really there but we could not get them to eat our worms. Tried several diffrent things but could not get them to fire up really good. we tried several diffrent types of things and would catch one here and there. The cooler weather will change things a little and we are just weeks away from the start of something good. Today is the end of summer the way the tourist look at it during the week. Once again the lake will be pretty quiet except for the weekends. Oh for the days of running the main channel without getting beat to death.
    1023/477
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    Congrats on reaching 1001 bass. I enjoy reading about your adventure fishing, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks looking at 1500 now. Going to be tough but the fall fishing can be really good. I know that I could do it if white bass counted. I really can't fish anymore because my wife says I fish all the time already. I have her thinking that i am looking for fish for clients. But that is my fishing time as my client time is their fishing time I don't fish much when I have a guide trip.
    Heading out this morning to pick up new diffrent boat I hope that it has the good luck feature built in as it has everything else. May the Gambler RIP. I will have to say when I put it on the lift last night I got a little choked up. I hope this new boat is half as good as the Gambler was.
    1041/459

quote:Originally posted by edgecam
    Congrats on reaching 1001 bass. I enjoy reading about your adventure fishing, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Made it back to the lake it seemed like i was gone forever. The weather has changed the past few weeks and the water temp is now in the upper 70s. The fish are scattered and not biting really very good for me anyway. Fished Table rock yesterday moprning and caught 5 Smallmouth on a shakey head they fight really good. went fishing here this morning and caught 8 largemouth on a * and a jig. Got the new boat and chomping to get it wet. It is loaded with hight teck electronics and it will take me forever to learn how to ust them.
    Have a great day
    1054/446
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Slow is not a real good word but you have to really fish hard to catch a good one. Lots of little shad chasers buit the bigger fish are just plain hard to find. I think the full moon is affecting the bite during the day also.
    Fishing out of a difrent boat now and it is going to take a while to get use to it. The electronics can do wonders if you already know how to use them. I will get it but it will take a while to figure it out.
    Fishing like I said is tough but you can catch Crappie under the big docks in 15 to 25 foot of water. The bass are the same way hiding under docks pitching a jig or a worm will get you bit but you will get lots of small fish hits while doing that. Did catch some white bass yesterday morning chasing shad that is always fun.

Have a great day go fishing when and ever chance you have
    1076/424
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lots of fish but not a bunch of big ones is the story here at Lake of the Ozarks. I took out a guy yesterday and we fished real hard and had 5 keepers with the biggest one close to 5. Big fish are real hard to find. There is a big tournament in town and I had dinner last night with some of the guys fishing it. They all had a real slow day of practice. Cool front and mile hight skies was the reason for the fishing to be so tough.Hope to have a better day today.
    1103/397
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not a real bad day of fishing today. Rained off and on all day long just got wet coming in. Caught a bunch of fish but most were short only had two keepers all day long. Have a great weekend.
    1118/382
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rained off and on almost all day . i didn't get to go out until 12;30 and as soon as I got out it started to pour. I fished a couple of spots and hauled nothing nut water. Left ther and went to a cove ythat had wind blowing in it and caught 4 keepers real quick. When it stopped raining the bigger fish quit biting. The fish are suspended under boat docks. Water temp is in the mid 70s now and the lake is clear. We have had several days of cloud cover and the shad have gone deep. This has caused the bass to relocate and suspend. I have not seen any bass chasing in the past few days. Need a warm sunny light wind day to get things fired up again.
    Maybe today will be the day!!!!!
    Gone Fishing
    1137/363
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great day of fishing. Caught 14 bass and I have no idea how many whites and hybrids The biggest hybrid was around 6 but I caught several in the 3 to 4 pound range. Worse thing about the whites and Hybrids is them make a terrible mess out of your boat. They are gorging on shad and take a dump about every time you catch one. Boat cleaning tomorrow but worth it. Man those things really know how to stretch your string.
    Good fishing
    1151/349
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The fish are biting pretty good on the corners of docks. I caught 21 bass today six were keepers. I had one real good one 5lb 11oz Most of the fish are hitting the 10 inch worm but some are hitting the *. The fishing will only get better as the water cools more. The water temp is in the mid 70s now and the lake is clear. I caught several nice Crappie on a jigging spoon this evening. i kind of wish I would of kept them as they are quite tasty you know.

Everyone have a great night and try to go fishing soon.
    1172/328
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Slow day on the lake only caught 9 bass but one was a real good one. Fished several differen areas than normallooking for some new stuff. I know i could of caught dinks off of the big docks but I want something that stretches my string. Oh well better day tomorrow. Water temp is still in the mid 70s and the lake is clear.
    Good Fishing
    1181/319
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good Morning everyone. The whites were going nuts last night around 4 pm. The wind was blow pretty good all day yesterday and it mush of really stacked the cove with bait. I went out late afternoon and I noticed lots of shad with bigger fish with them as soon as I left my dock. I was drifting along getting rods ready and I heard some splashing. Picked up a spoon rod and it was on. For the next hour I caught fish on almost every cast . Then I had a couple of pleasure boaters found it necessary to buzz the area real good. That was the end of that. Oh well stuff like that happens. Got to work today bummer rather go fishing .
    Good Fishing
    1195/305
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishing is ok but nothing great I Think hat thae lake is in the process of turning over in some areas and that slows the fishing way down for a while. Been seeing lots of freshwater jelly fish I have never seen them before. They are not very big about the size of a quarter and a clear white. They say they are the sign of good water conditions. Fished last night thinking I would catch the whites and that did not happen so we flipped some docks and caught a some bass. Had a couple of keepers but most were small.. Big bash bash is here at the lake this weekend. I had orginally signed up to fish it but then I called to disqualify myself Because in the fine print it says. If you are a guide and have accepted anymoney in the past 90 days you cannot fish. Well that shot that. Water temp is 72 to 75 the lake is all diffrent clear colors and the weather is great guess I better go fishing.

Have a great day
    1206/294
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Big Fish Not Little fish lots Catching keepers is tough.
    Bass is slow and them some.
    Crappie can be caught on almost any brush pile but small
    White bass Hit and miss but out roaming with shad.

Have a great day even though the fishing is slow still going. It is better to fish than work for your wife. Be back in just a little bit to help you sweetie.

1220/280
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Big tournament this past weekend here at the lake. The big Bass Bash attracted more than 1600 fisherman. Yes you could say that it was bumper to bumper fishing. Not a bunch of big fish were weighed I think 7.47 was the biggest. Fishing is tough here at the lake and that much pressure will make it worse.
    Bass: Not so good fish are still on the dock brush pattern but their mouths must be shut. I have caught the fish that I have caught on a big worm or a big jig. I really think that I am going to try fishing much deeper as the fish on the bank have been beat to death.

White bass: Been catching them on a jigging spoon in about 20 foot of water. Sacked them real good right at dark then somebody turned the switch off and that was it. They are starting to chase shad in the back of wind blown coves. Fun Fishing for sure

Crappie; people are still catching them around docks on jigs and minnows

Best and most fun of all goes to the White Bass Fun to catch and lots of people like to eat them, They are not real big a good one is close to 2 and most are around a pound but they really fight. Miixed in with the whotes are the hybrids and those guys really know how to streach your string.

Good Fishing
    1242/268
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had a good morning today. Caught eleven bass in about an hour and a half. Nothing really big but fun to catch on top water. The fish were hitting the Zara * on the corners of docks. WThe weather is great today and I expect a great evening of fishing.
    Water temp 72 and clear

1253/247
  • Options
    edited November -1
    White bass fishing is real good in the evenings. i took out a good bass fisherman yesterday and the bass fishing was terrible. The fish are just not wanting to work with me sometimes. Around 5:30 I told him it is time to go catch some fish. We went to the back of my cove and the whites were ther waiting. He said that was the most fun fishing he had had in a long time. We caught way over fifty and several of them went close to two and a half to three pounds. We caught all of our fish on a jigging spoon in about twenty feet of water. Had to get up early to order more spoons and have them overnighted. That made the wife happy don't you know.

Have a great day
    1260/240
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishing was not great this morning but it should be a bunch better. I really think that the shad are causing the bass to suspend and that makes it real hard to catch them. I took out a fisherman this morning and we did catch a couple of real good ones but the bite really slowed after the sun started shining. It went from tough to real tough. We fished last night and got into the white bass just about the time that they stopped busting. We caught about a dozen real quick and then somebody turned the bite switch off.
    The wind is blowing from the south so unless the wind stops the white bass is going to be slow in my cove tonight. I guess there are other coves to fish only problem is this one is so darn good and close to home.

Everyone have a great weekend
    1271/229
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Getting ready to go out for the dailey grind. A little windy this morning and maybe just maybe the bass might be biting better. They got to eat sometime just want to be there at that time. Taking a couple of gentleman out this morning and I hope that I can show them a good time. They are brother in laws and they love to pick on each other and that is always good for a few laughs. Took them out White Bass Fishing last night and we caught probably around twenty in an hour. Not as big as fish as I would of like but what they heck they have fins nd swim.

gone fishin
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tought day on the lake. we caught lots of little ones but only three keepers. We caught most of the fish on a Zara Spool along big docksd corners. Tonight was the first night this week that the white bass did not show. Hopefull tomorrow night will be better. Working a kid fishing day tomorrow here at the lake that should be a good time.

1281/219
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Worked a kids fishing day yesterday. what a rewarding day that was the smile a kid has when they catch their first fish or any fish is priceless. There was around 150kids signed in and each one of them got a new rod and real to use and to keep. The program was put on in honer of Jerry Adams and was hosted by Osage Tackle.That was a bunch better han going fishing myself.
    Had a gide trip last night we caught some fish but not a bunch. The wind was terrible and the big boat traffic was worse. I really dont know why when a lake is as big as this it is important for a big boat to buzz you constantly in the back of a cove.
    Have a great day
    1292/208
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good morning everyone. Been fishing a little because of the four letter work. But tthat is ok as fishing is pretty slow excet for dinks. The weather is finally starting to cool down and we got some rain so that should get things started. I just hope that we have a little stable weather for a while once the water temp drops.
    Water temp low 70s
    Lake is clear
    Bass Slow except for dinks
    Crappie are suspended in open water noit real hard to find and catch with good electronics.
    White bass Must be hiding as no one is catching them to speak of maybe the weather will help that.

Have a good day going fishing for a little while . Yes I am a lucky guy.

1325/175
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FISHING SUCKS that is what I really think. The past few days has been terrible. I really don't know why but it does for me at least. I hope things change for the better by tomorrow as I have an afternoon rip scheduled. i fished shallow i fished deep I fished my for sure spots and caught one stinkin Kentucky. I better start thinking positive So things might change. I guess they can only get better,can't get any worse. Thinking about golf nawwwww cant see myself in those goofy pants.
    Have a great day got some painting to do.

1331/169
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WELLLLLLLLLL the fishing isn't much better. I cuaght some whites last night and a few black bass but the fishing in general is slow. We are going to get cooler here this eweek and hopefully this will be the deal.
    Water temp 71
    Fishing slow
    1339/161
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fishing has picked up pretty good with the weather change. I have been catching them off the ends of docks on a green pumpkin senko on a shaky head and a texas rigged green pumpkin speed worm. The amazing thing is that you dont ever feel the fish hit . They suck it in on the drop and move off with it. None of the fish or giants but they are good solid keepers much better than the fish i have been catching. The water temp is starting to drop it was 69 this afternoon and with the cold nort wind we have tonight it should drop a few more degrees tonight. Maybe just maybe this will spark the fall feed.
    1360/140
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fished for a little while this afternoon and caught 14 bass. Caught several on a crankbait but most on a worm. The fish are still relating to docks but seem to perfer ones with brush today. None of the fish were giants but had several keepers. The weather is sunny and we have had a definate cool front blow in. I was really suprised that the fish were biting as good as they were. Not very many fisherman out and I know there is a big tournament going this weekend. I guess most of them are going up lake in the river.
    Have a great day make plans to go fishing.
    1374/126
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good evening of fishing last night. caught a dozen bass real quick flipping worms on boat docks. The fish are still hitting on the drop. TGhe water temp is now in the upper 60s and the lake is clear. It will only get better umtil the real cold weather hits. Have a trip out starting at 10 this morning expect to have a great day. Expect I say you just never know.
    1397/103
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have had better days on the lake. I took out a gentleman yesterday and about all we got done was I talght him how to pitch. The fish were not want to work with us for some reason. Did have a couple of keepers and a handful of shorts. I guess that is not to bad as we fished from around 11 to 2 the toughest time of the day.going t his morning early maybe we will have better luck.
    Water temp mid to upper 60s the lake is clear but it has a brown bronze color to it.
    1407/93