In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 94, 55, & 64 Survey update

Comments

• Options
    waveblasterwaveblaster Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    quote:Originally posted by waveblaster
    Bert,
    Sorry that I didn't reply sooner with the SN on that Nickel '94 W/ gold accents. Here it is: 2568062
    Any help on who it was made for, I can't find a Nickel 1894 with gold accents IE: Front sight hood, trigger, rear sight, barrel bands, hammer, in any of my Blue Books. I greatly appreciate your help, all of you. Oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR![8D]

OK, that makes it a very late 1962 or very early 1963 production gun. I very much suspect that the nickel and gold accents were added after the fact. As such, there is no way to determine the "who" or "why". If you are able, please post (or send me) some pictures of the gun.

Bert, I will try to send pictures. My gunsmith and I both have gone over the stamps/ writing on the barrel, and receiver, but it has not been nickeled after the fact. The numbers and letters are CRISP, with no "pooling" in the bottom of the stamps. No rounding in the inside corners of the lettering, that you would see if the finish was aftermarket. I don't think I can get a good enough picture for you to see what I mean, so I hope that my description was vivid!
    Thank you for your help with my research. Do you know of a Winchester only forum?

Sincerely,
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by waveblaster
    Do you know of a Winchester only forum?

Sincerely,

Check you email... I sent you a PM.
  • Options
    brewton51brewton51 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Model 94
    Serial# 1235767
    30 W.C.F.
    Serrated steel shotgun type buttplate
    Type 7 tang
    Not drilled and tapped
    No martial markings
    Proof Steel barrel
    No saddle ring
    W is on the receiver bottom, below the ser#
    Milled band, long wood, checkered hammer.

How close can you date this rifle? I'm thinking early WWII. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brewton51
    Model 94
    Serial# 1235767
    30 W.C.F.
    Serrated steel shotgun type buttplate
    Type 7 tang
    Not drilled and tapped
    No martial markings
    Proof Steel barrel
    No saddle ring
    W is on the receiver bottom, below the ser#
    Milled band, long wood, checkered hammer.

How close can you date this rifle? I'm thinking early WWII. Thanks.

July 18th, 1940. Everything on your Carbine is standard.

Thank you for posting the information on your Model 94[:)]
  • Options
    Douglas1911Douglas1911 Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Douglas1911Douglas1911 Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ror the '94 survey:

1. 1,203,418
    2. 30 W.C.F Type 7 in Renneberg book, page 139
    3. Serrated
    4. Tang Type 6
    5. No
    6. What?
    7. Proof Steel
    8. No ring
    9. In range, but no W stamp. (there is one listed now with W)
    10- 14 N/A

Sold my '69 GTO today. Very sad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Douglas1911
    Ror the '94 survey:

1. 1,203,418
    2. 30 W.C.F Type 7 in Renneberg book, page 139
    3. Serrated
    4. Tang Type 6
    5. No
    6. What?
    7. Proof Steel
    8. No ring
    9. In range, but no W stamp. (there is one listed now with W)
    10- 14 N/A

Sold my '69 GTO today. Very sad.

Your Model 94 was manufactured in late February of 1939. It is standard in all respects.

Hopefully you bought an old MOPAR to replace that old Pontiac.
  • Options
    lonewolf1lonewolf1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A 94 THAT MISSED THE CODY LIST BY 30000#S, IN 32 W.S. WITH CARBINE BUTT PLATE IN PRETTY GOOD CONDITION, IVE JUST RECIEVED IT FROM MY DAD WHOS 90 AND HES HAD IT ALL MY LIFE ANYWAY BUT IT WAS DOM IN 1907 ACTION IS STILL VERY GOOD NOT LOOSE AT ALL, WAS JUST WONDERING HOW TO TELL IF IT WAS U.S. ISSUED OR NOT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lonewolf1
    I HAVE A 94 THAT MISSED THE CODY LIST BY 30000#S, IN 32 W.S. WITH CARBINE BUTT PLATE IN PRETTY GOOD CONDITION, IVE JUST RECIEVED IT FROM MY DAD WHOS 90 AND HES HAD IT ALL MY LIFE ANYWAY BUT IT WAS DOM IN 1907 ACTION IS STILL VERY GOOD NOT LOOSE AT ALL, WAS JUST WONDERING HOW TO TELL IF IT WAS U.S. ISSUED OR NOT

It was not U.S. issued. The first time that Winchester purchased any Winchester Model 1894s was during WW I (circa serial numbers 835,000 - 855,000).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1-382558
    2-32 w.s.
    3-carbine
    4-#5 but says model 1894, winchester,trademark
    5-no
    6- n/a
    7-nickel steel
    8-no
    9-single band on mag. hex barrel
    is new store bought 32 w.s. ammo ok for this , is it still a black powder type?
    also has 42 60 marked on receiver just ahead of trigger
    and has a stamp on top of barrel and rec. of (P-T) with a sideways W between the P-T[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1-382558
    2-32 w.s.
    3-carbine
    5-no
    6- n/a
    7-nickel steel
    8-no
    and has a stamp on top of barrel and rec. of (P-T) with a sideways W between the P-T[?]

The serial number places the date of manufacture as January 1908.

The 32 W.S. has always been a smokeless powder cartridge (with nearly identical ballistics to the more common 30-30 Winchester). Any new 32 Winchester Special ammo you buy is perfectly fine and safe to shoot.

The barrel is octagon (8-sided) versus hexagon (6-sided), and the butt plate should be a crescent verus a carbine style.

The marking on the barrel and the top of the frame ring is a superposed "W" and a "P", and indicates "Winchester Proof".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    1-382558
    2-32 w.s.
    3-carbine
    5-no
    6- n/a
    7-nickel steel
    8-no

The serial number places the date of manufacture as January 1908.

The 32 W.S. has always been a smokeless powder cartridge (with nearly identical ballistics to the more common 30-30 Winchester). Any new 32 Winchester Special ammo you buy is perfectly fine and safe to shoot.

The barrel is octagon (8-sided) versus hexagon (6-sided), and the butt plate should be a crescent verus a carbine style.

The marking on the barrel and the top of the frame ring is a superposed "W" and a "P", and indicates "Winchester Proof".
    THANKS BERT, YES THE BUTTPLATE IS MORE POINTED ON THE BOTTOM, IS WINCHESTER PROOF KINDA LIKE DP DOUGLAS PREMIUM? IS THERE A GOOD WEBSIGHT TO FIND A NEW REAR SIGHT FOR MY BROKEN EXPRESS?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANKS BERT, YES THE BUTTPLATE IS MORE POINTED ON THE BOTTOM, IS WINCHESTER PROOF KINDA LIKE DP DOUGLAS PREMIUM? IS THERE A GOOD WEBSIGHT TO FIND A NEW REAR SIGHT FOR MY BROKEN EXPRESS?

No, the superposed "WP" is not like the "DP". The Winchester Proof mark indicates that the barrel and action passed inspection following a 200% proof load.

I am not aware of a specific "Winchester" gunsight website, but I do know several dealers that have them on occasion. Have you tried a Google search "Winchester 3-leaf express sight"?
  • Options
    atvidahoatvidaho Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's mine, I can't take a decent photo to save my life.
    Can I ask here value with the wrong buttplate/pad setup?
    2535009.jpg
    I see a red x, I'll email you pics.
    25-35 W.C.F.
    cut and pad installed
    blank
    no
    milled
  • Options
    oakridgeoakridge Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bert,
    I previously sent you info on several guns that I no longer own. There were 6 other 94's (3 rifles and 3 carbines) that may fall in the serial ranges that you're looking at, so I'll give you this, too. If it's of no use, just disregard it. I owned several other 94's made pre-1900 that I know are not of interest.

Win. 1894 Rifle
    Ser.# 396,179
    Cal. .38-55
    26" Half Round - Half octagon Bbl.
    Half magazine
    Takedown
    Shotgun butt
    Plain walnut stock w/Style I
    checkering on grip and forend

Win. 1894 SRC
    Ser.# 402,498
    Cal. .32-40
    20" Round Barrel
    Half magazine
    Carbine butt

Win. 1894 SRC
    Ser.# 410,488
    Cal. .30WCF
    20" Round Barrel
    Full magazine
    Carbine butt

Win. 1894 Rifle
    Ser.# 581,015
    Cal. .38-55
    26" Half Round - Half octagon Bbl.
    Takedown
    Rifle butt

Win. 1894 Rifle
    Ser.# 785,296
    Cal. .32-40
    26" Round barrel
    Full magazine
    Rifle butt

Win. 1894 SRC
    Ser.# 910,713
    Cal. .30WCF
    20" Round barrel
    Full magazine
    Carbine butt
  • Options
    5339 skeet5339 skeet Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi

On your request for model 64 info

1-serial no 1094595
    2-32ws
    3-checkered steel widows peak diamond
    4type 6
    5-drilled and tapped [factory?]
    6-no
    7-winchester proof steel
    8-no saddle ring
    9-no w
    10-no l
    14- deluxe carbine model 64 20 in barrel
    checkered forearn and buttstock
    sling swivels
    knurled hammer
    small number 40 in front of trigger

hope this helps John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 5339 skeet
    Hi

On your request for model 64 info

1-serial no 1094595
    2-32ws
    3-checkered steel widows peak diamond
    4type 6
    5-drilled and tapped [factory?]
    6-no
    7-winchester proof steel
    8-no saddle ring
    9-no w
    10-no l
    14- deluxe carbine model 64 20 in barrel
    checkered forearn and buttstock
    sling swivels
    knurled hammer
    small number 40 in front of trigger

hope this helps John

Hello John,

Yes, it does indeed help, and thank you very much for posting the information for you Model 64.

The Model 64 Deluxe Carbines are the least common of all the variations. The extrapolation table in my survey indicates that Winchester manufactured approximately (5000) Deluxe Carbines, and of that number, approximately (945) were made in 32 W.S.

Edit: Forgot to add... your Model 64 was manufactured in September of 1934, right in the heart of the Great Depression. Undoubtedly somebody who was quite well off ordered and purchased it.
  • Options
    baldwinpondbaldwinpond Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a World War II Model 94
    -30 W.C.F.-
    serrated steel butt plate
    Type 7
    Not tapped and drilled
    No
    On top of the barrel and receiver about a 1/2 inch apart is a W with a large I stamped on top of it, both encircled by an oval
    No saddle ring
    No W or L. there is a #4 stamped just in front of the trigger.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by baldwinpond
    I have a World War II Model 94
    -30 W.C.F.-
    serrated steel butt plate
    Type 7
    Not tapped and drilled
    No
    On top of the barrel and receiver about a 1/2 inch apart is a W with a large I stamped on top of it, both encircled by an oval
    No saddle ring
    No W or L. there is a #4 stamped just in front of the trigger.

Hello James,

Your Model 94 Carbine was manufactured in May of 1942, and it is right in the middle of the serial number range for the (2500) Model 94 Carbines that were sold to the Canadian Pacific Coast Militia Rangers (PCMR). Does your gun have a braod arrow stamp on the left (forward) side of the receiver frame or on the butt stock?

The stamps in the ovals are a superposed "W" and "P" and indicate the definitive Winchester Proof.
  • Options
    baldwinpondbaldwinpond Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No arrow stamp. And yes under a bright light and with a magnifying glass it is a P, although the loop is very faint and non-existent where the arc would be which is why I thought it was an I.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by baldwinpond
    No arrow stamp. And yes under a bright light and with a magnifying glass it is a P, although the loop is very faint and non-existent where the arc would be which is why I thought it was an I.

Thank you very much for the update[:)].
  • Options
    Arbradbury25-35Arbradbury25-35 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Bert,

I Have a winchester 94 with the following:

1.)s/n# 1678895

2.)25-35win.

3.)Checkerd steel butt plate.

4.)Upper tang is blank (also only has one screw?)...

5.)Yes it is D&T. for peep sight. (has williams peep installed!)...

6.)No.

7.)Winchester Proof Steel.

8.)No saddle ring.

9.)No.

10.)Yes kind of looks like an L. but can tell it's a "1".

11.)Milled band.

12.)Long? (9"long aprox.)....

Also, it has a 20" barrel with a mag almost as long as the barrel, Overall langth is aprox. 37.5" long....[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Arbradbury25-35
    Hello Bert,

I Have a winchester 94 with the following:

1.)s/n# 1678895

2.)25-35win.

3.)Checkerd steel butt plate.

4.)Upper tang is blank (also only has one screw?)...

5.)Yes it is D&T. for peep sight. (has williams peep installed!)...

6.)No.

7.)Winchester Proof Steel.

8.)No saddle ring.

9.)No.

10.)Yes kind of looks like an L. but can tell it's a "1".

11.)Milled band.

12.)Long? (9"long aprox.)....

Also, it has a 20" barrel with a mag almost as long as the barrel, Overall langth is aprox. 37.5" long....[?]

Thank you very much for posting the information on your 1950 (mid-year) vintage stanadard Sporting Carbine[:)]. It appears to be completely standard with the exception of the drilled & tapped receiver.
  • Options
    Arbradbury25-35Arbradbury25-35 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bert,

So would the fact of it pos. being drilled&tapped effect the value of it in any way? Also I'll try and post some pics. soon. The gun as far as I can tell is in realy good shape, The blue on receiver is about 75% there, Barrel still has about 85%+-, Wood shows some signs of wear,but still has good color and min. skuffs & dings(no big gouges,or chips out of stock at all), also the bore is still in great condition,(love the 25-35win. "Very accurate"). Also I would like to ask you if you would happen to know if there might be a .25cal. pointed tipe bullet,"like Hornady's XTP." That I could use for hand loads? Thank you very much for any and all info you can provide!!!

P.S. Sorry for all the questions!
    Thanks, ADAM..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Arbradbury25-35
    Bert,

So would the fact of it pos. being drilled&tapped effect the value of it in any way? Also I'll try and post some pics. soon. The gun as far as I can tell is in realy good shape, The blue on receiver is about 75% there, Barrel still has about 85%+-, Wood shows some signs of wear,but still has good color and min. skuffs & dings(no big gouges,or chips out of stock at all), also the bore is still in great condition,(love the 25-35win. "Very accurate"). Also I would like to ask you if you would happen to know if there might be a .25cal. pointed tipe bullet,"like Hornady's XTP." That I could use for hand loads? Thank you very much for any and all info you can provide!!!

P.S. Sorry for all the questions!
    Thanks, ADAM..

The only way the drilled & tapped holes will affect the value is if they are not factory work, and then it will be a negative hit to the value. The only way to positvely determine if the holes are factory work, is to temporarily dismount the sight and inspect the quality of the hole entrances.

In regards to your question about a .257 FTX type bullet, I am not aware of any being made.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    How can you say Winchester never did or did not do something. Unless you have inspected every firearm manufactured by Winchester it is just theory. Am I correct?

Sage 1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sage1
    How can you say Winchester never did or did not do something. Unless you have inspected every firearm manufactured by Winchester it is just theory. Am I correct?

Sage 1

What exactly are you referring to in your question? There are many things that can be stated with complete assurity concerning what Winchester did and did not do... and there are many things that can not be said with 100% assurity.
  • Options
    abritincanadaabritincanada Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Gentlemen,

Please excuse me for not being up to date with all there is regarding weapons of this style and history.
    I have an old neighbor who has 3 weapons he is interested in trying to find the age etc.This is a daunting task as I know none of the terminology used etc,even though I spent most of my life in the military. So I am trusting you guys,the experts,can help.
    I know he has a winchester shotgun 1897 serial 529508 which he said his father pass down to him
    There is also a winchester lever action model 92 ?? wcf 25.20 calibre. I have not seen any mention of a 92 any place I have looked

And H&R Plainsman .22 with scope Serial 23481

I dont know if I have found every piece of information needed to research the weapons,I have tried but being a noob it is a maze and have no idea what most of the means.

I am computer literate and have a few digital cameras so could get pics if needed,but you would have to tell me exactly where to look on the weapons
    I really appreciate your time on this.

Nigel
    Oh forgot to mention if you need to know,these weapons are located in Canada.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by abritincanada
    Hi Gentlemen,

Please excuse me for not being up to date with all there is regarding weapons of this style and history.
    I have an old neighbor who has 3 weapons he is interested in trying to find the age etc.This is a daunting task as I know none of the terminology used etc,even though I spent most of my life in the military. So I am trusting you guys,the experts,can help.
    I know he has a winchester shotgun 1897 serial 529508 which he said his father pass down to him
    There is also a winchester lever action model 92 ?? wcf 25.20 calibre. I have not seen any mention of a 92 any place I have looked

And H&R Plainsman .22 with scope Serial 23481

I dont know if I have found every piece of information needed to research the weapons,I have tried but being a noob it is a maze and have no idea what most of the means.

I am computer literate and have a few digital cameras so could get pics if needed,but you would have to tell me exactly where to look on the weapons
    I really appreciate your time on this.

Nigel
    Oh forgot to mention if you need to know,these weapons are located in Canada.

Hello Nigel,

Please repost your question(s) as a new topic post in the Ask The Experts forum. This topic string is dedicated to the Models 94, 55, & 64 only.
  • Options
    abritincanadaabritincanada Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Bert,

Opps, have done.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    slugoslugo Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. 3,414,372

2. 30-30 WIN.

3. FLAT CHECKERED

4. BLANK UPPER TANG

5. DRILLED FOR PEEP SIGHT

6. NO
    7. PROOF STEEL

8. NO
    9-14. N/A[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slugo
    1. 3,414,372

2. 30-30 WIN.

3. FLAT CHECKERED

4. BLANK UPPER TANG

5. DRILLED FOR PEEP SIGHT

6. NO

7. PROOF STEEL

8. NO
    9-14. N/A[;)]

1972 production, and well outside of the serial range I am surveying.
  • Options
    Low FrictionLow Friction Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Bert,

This is my grandfathers rifle that was passed to my father and then to me. It's in very good condition. I used to take it to the range in the 70's.

1) 234203
    2) 25-35 W.C.F.
    3) Smooth steel butt plate. Similar to the picture of the carbine but not identical.
    4) Type 5. It reads "MODEL 1894 -WINCHESTER- TRADE MARK"
    5) Does not have the 2 small screws in the upper right of the receiver like your picture.
    6) Looks forged. Not like your picture. My gun has a full octagon 26" barrel.
    7) Nickel Steel barrel Especially for smokeless Powder.
    8) No saddle ring.

Tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Low Friction
    Hi Bert,

This is my grandfathers rifle that was passed to my father and then to me. It's in very good condition. I used to take it to the range in the 70's.

1) 234203
    2) 25-35 W.C.F.
    3) Smooth steel butt plate. Similar to the picture of the carbine but not identical.
    4) Type 5. It reads "MODEL 1894 -WINCHESTER- TRADE MARK"
    5) Does not have the 2 small screws in the upper right of the receiver like your picture.
    6) Looks forged. Not like your picture. My gun has a full octagon 26" barrel.
    7) Nickel Steel barrel Especially for smokeless Powder.
    8) No saddle ring.

Tom

Hello Tom,

Your Model 1894 is a 1904 vintage Sporting Rifle, and the upper tang stamp is the Type-2 marking.

The Cody Firearms Musuem has the original factory ledger data for your Rifle, and the Research Office can provide a factory letter (cost is $60) that documents the exact date it was received, the configuration and the sold date.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bert: Here's a couple more 94's for your history:

#1 202046
    #2 30 W.C.F.
    #3 carbine
    #4 MODEL 1894
    -WINCHESTER-
    PAT. AUG 21, 1894
    #5 NO
    #6 NO
    #7 YES
    #8 YES

#1 232541
    #2 32-40
    #3 Hard Rubber (w/widow's peak)
    #4 Not sure (has tang sight)
    #5 NO
    #6 NO
    #7 NO
    #8 YES
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ambrose
    Bert: Here's a couple more 94's for your history:

#1 202046
    #2 30 W.C.F.
    #3 carbine
    #4 MODEL 1894
    -WINCHESTER-
    PAT. AUG 21, 1894
    #5 NO
    #6 NO
    #7 YES
    #8 YES

#1 232541
    #2 32-40
    #3 Hard Rubber (w/widow's peak)
    #4 Not sure (has tang sight)
    #5 NO
    #6 NO
    #7 NO
    #8 YES

Thanks, but both of those serial numbers are too early in the production run for what I am specifically looking for.

The Cody Firearms Museum has the original factory ledgers for both of your Model 1894s and can provide a factory letter for them.
  • Options
    OjinagaOjinaga Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Bert, I saw this site and sent you a email. Later I saw the correct way to ask
    1) 1308902 , the one looks normal
    2) one hole in tang with screw.
    3) Metal butt plate with horizontal metal lines
    4) rear sight looks like the one in the picture for 7
    5) Gun came from a Texas Ranger
    6) No proofs or marks on wood or metal
    7)) 30 WCF
    Thanks for the help
  • Options
    kylewkylew Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bert, Kyle here.. I have not posted in some time. Here are two 94's I have picked up. Answers to you questions in order

#1 Model 1894 sporting rifle
    1. 287830
    2 .32 W.S.
    3. crescent
    4. MODEL 1894
    -WINCHESTER-
    trade mark (i cannot see the photos anymore)
    5. Not drilled
    6. No (too early)
    7. Nickel steel
    8. No (rifle)
    9. thru 14. NA

Notes. full length mag. full oct barrel. finish 90+% inc case color. has rec and barrel proof marks and it also has a Browning Brothers roll stamp on top of barrel (cool). unmolested. March 1906 I think

#2 Model 1894 sporting rifle
    1. 1159897
    2. 32 W.S. (the other one has a .32 this one just 32)
    3. Crescent
    4. Type 7 i think? cant see photos anymore.
    WINCHESTER (script type tilted)
    trade mark
    MADE IN U.S.A.
    5. Not drilled
    6. No
    7. Nickel steel
    8. No (rifle)
    9. - 14. NA
    Notes. 1/2 round 1/2 oct barrel. button mag. (lite weight). Rec and barrel have proof marks. finish about 80% unmolested. Feb 1938 I think.

Both from Paul V. Both are really nice with lite use and no abuse. Let me know if you have other questions. Kyle
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kylew
    Bert, Kyle here.. I have not posted in some time. Here are two 94's I have picked up. Answers to you questions in order

#1 Model 1894 sporting rifle
    1. 287830
    2 .32 W.S.
    3. crescent
    4. MODEL 1894
    -WINCHESTER-
    trade mark (i cannot see the photos anymore)
    5. Not drilled
    6. No (too early)
    7. Nickel steel
    8. No (rifle)
    9. thru 14. NA

Notes. full length mag. full oct barrel. finish 90+% inc case color. has rec and barrel proof marks and it also has a Browning Brothers roll stamp on top of barrel (cool). unmolested. March 1906 I think

#2 Model 1894 sporting rifle
    1. 1159897
    2. 32 W.S. (the other one has a .32 this one just 32)
    3. Crescent
    4. Type 7 i think? cant see photos anymore.
    WINCHESTER (script type tilted)
    trade mark
    MADE IN U.S.A.
    5. Not drilled
    6. No
    7. Nickel steel
    8. No (rifle)
    9. - 14. NA
    Notes. 1/2 round 1/2 oct barrel. button mag. (lite weight). Rec and barrel have proof marks. finish about 80% unmolested. Feb 1938 I think.

Both from Paul V. Both are really nice with lite use and no abuse. Let me know if you have other questions. Kyle

The first was serialized in December of 1905. It will undoubtedly letter as being received in the warehouse in early 1906. The Browning Bros. marking on the barrel does make it a bit special.

Serial 1159897 was serialized in January of 1938. You must have just bought this one, as I had my hands on it at the Big Reno show just a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    kylewkylew Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was not at this last show, But I was at the one before. Paul picked the one you saw for me. He always keeps an eye out for one's he thinks I will like. It's like I get the benefits and don't even have to go. I can stay home and try to earn a few pennies to pay for all this. The Day boys also will keep an eye open for me. Kyle